It was reptitive as shit

>3k+ sales
>Most popular show of the year in China
>60~ million views on bilibili
>Relatively popular in the west
>Decent manga boost
>Prompted 2 spinoff manga

I want to protect those thighs

The only thing in this series that flopped was Tohru into Kobayashi's lap after the Emperor of Demise left for the other world again.

It was soulless, pandering trash.

it was buzzword buzzword buzzword?

Because nobody fucking likes yuri

hmm i wonder how many replies will this thread get this time, maybe the number of this dub

I don't think buzzword means "insult I don't like", user.

Because you touch yourself at night!

dont forget the fujo pandering and the SS user

dumb kike nigger spic

Idk man I think that torrenting anime all over the west means that even tho some animes get popular in the west that doesn't translate into them making enough money for the anime itself to continue.

Dunno about Japan but I know the western release flopped because the dubbers inserted their feminist propaganda into it from the very first episode.

I don't think anyone knows if the funimation release flopped or not, but based on Crunchyroll and Steam stats, it did relatively well, definitely better than average.

Crunchy is sub I thought. Don't know about Funi's stream service.

Because it's generic unoriginal loli-bait dogshit show with garbage artstyle ?

Very mediocre and shitty.

probably the lack of best gon

Why do people save and post edits like these? They're not clever or funny in any way.

>They're not clever or funny in any way.
Fits the show perfectly.

We;re talking about maidragon here not your favorite anime

Those are as insulting and meaningful as a "your mom joke".

Because it was worse than shows that sold better, simple as that.

That's irrelevant. They're unfunny and tacky.

Some of the girls were cute, the MC was complete dogshit and yuri is pure cancer.

>the MC was complete dogshit
Yeah fuck you buddy

Same reason Nichijou flopped.

It was probably because of the forced dyke shit.

Forced animation?

Forced animation.

because it was garbage made for autistic neets and pathetic faggots, which is most of you

>salesfags still don't understand how shit works and apparently want to make threads about shows they don't like
Can someone tell me why?

does the bad dragon use baddragon?

Is BiliBili a valid revenue stream? I honestly doubt the profitability of chinks.

Maid dragon did better than Nichijou. Specifically because it didn't have the flaws Nichijou had. Maid Dragon actually had character progression and variety.

Because Kaban-chan was better.

asia.nikkei.com/Life-Arts/Arts/Anime-a-21bn-market-in-China

China is like 30% of all anime revenue. Bilibili is the china Netflix for anime.

Nichijou not having character progression isn't really a flaw when the show is more of a slapstick, it doesn't really need any of that.

Facebook memes have short shelf life.

Because some kind of pancake flipper scooped it up and flipped it on its other side.

It does need character progression when the slapstick is so one-dimensional and repetitive. Something needs to be done well. But Nichijou was a one-trick pony in every field.

>>>/mal/

slapstick doesn't need to be deep to entertain, it's slapstick, do you know what that means? That said, the skits weren't repetitive at all, except for the running gags but that was the whole point of those.

I never said slapstick needed to be 'deep'. But it does need variety. Watching Nichijou is like watching Family Guy. The same three jokes repeated over and over with different context.

The difference is that Nichijou ended at 24 episodes before it wore out its welcome. Family Guy is still going like 15yrs later.

Well Family Guy also got old before the first season ended to some people.

But a good counter example of a show that had more variety was Mitsudomoe. Which aired next the same time as Nichijou. Of course, Japan didn't like that show much either. But along with having slapstick and crude humor, it has almost every other kind of humor as well.

Because everything that adored by /u/fags is shit

Because it was forgettable seasonal garbage

Every now and then I forget how great Maidragon was, then someone posts a thread about it and I am reminded. Thanks - think I'll go and watch it again.

Why the lucoa and shouta anthology done by the tsugumomo guy is not on panda?

ironic-weebs don't pay for anything except ironic merch

Went in expecting an empty show that was just fanservice. First two episodes felt like that and I almost quit watching. But then the characters got some surprising growth after that.

it floped?
let japan die

>never payed much attention to elma
>see this
please give sauce senpai

It didn't flop. It's an ongoing meme.

It was literally too good of a show to sell?

because it's pure garbage pandering to normalfags.

There's some nice subtleties to the relationships that stop it being just another 2D comedy. Good characters and believable motivations all round desu. And the tits and that.

Only gay faggots dont like pussy on pussy action

>too good of a show to sell
What the fuck does that mean?

Sometimes life is unfair.

>Prompted 2 spinoff manga
Wait what? Which spinoffs and by who?

Nichijou fans coming up with more excuses for why their lackluster show failed.

>all this contrarian shitposting

WEW Sup Forums is a stinky board. Thanks for reminding me why I never bother coming here.

people prefer burgers over fillet

Because it is a meme show, it can only be watched once. The jokes are no longer funny.

At least they were funny to begin with, unlike Nichijou or OPM.

Because it aired in the same season as kemono friends

Isn't fillet way more expensive in general?

An elma and a kanna manga by someone else not the original author

Why didn't Maidragon flop?

Good shows have shit sales, shit shows have good sales. Look at Maid Dragon and K-On.

Both are good shows though.

>3 shit girls, a literal retard, and a Super Best Girl make a good show
Ritsu isn't enough to save that show, user.

I actually like the anime airing for that season. It's quite a meme fuel.

yes

I wish this webm had gab/satania in it. It was a good winter season.

But it didn't?

Kemono has a completely different target audience. Maidragon is for intellectuals, Kememe is for the general masses, ie lowest common denominator

Only faggots like people of the same gender banging each other.

Because all it had was being cute and Tooru's development but no one cares about that because no one cares about Tooru.

Personally I didn't like any of the girls in the anime.
I like thin waists and wide hips, and teenaged body/facial morphology

>Only faggots
but the very cute girl you posted was going to KILL for Tooru sama
youtube.com/watch?v=E1TKr54zZN4

>>>>>>>/begone/ Elma

Nichijou flopped because the BDs were priced crazy high for no good reason.

>ctrl+F "boring"
>0 results

You can read into it being pandering or yuri trash or whatever but truly its greatest sin was that it barely passed as entertaining

because a bunch of fags kept making lazy bait threads on Sup Forums about it.

More like the exact opposite.
Nichijou tried to sell quirky, smart humor to pedophiles. Predictably it failed.
Dragon Maid tried to sell pedophilia to pedophiles. Somehow it failed.

because its a shitty show for lonely faggots

Did you watch a different show? They jammed in a character arc for Nano wanting to go to school and be normal, there's that moment with Mio at the end, etc. Nichijou's a light show but it has a surprising amount of character development for a SOL

I think you might be the literal retard in this case if that's how you feel.

Why is it that ADHD children keep watching Kyoto Animation shows when they obviously won't like them since they can't pay attention at all and have developed all of their standards from Youtube reviews and MAL?

Because it was so great.
Where "flop" = "succeed in making contrarians cry on Sup Forums"