I got prescribed concerta. What does Sup Forums know about this...

I got prescribed concerta. What does Sup Forums know about this? Several psychiatrist say i have strong adhd so this isn't just one saying it.

I'm skeptic.
opinions?

Other urls found in this thread:

naturalnews.com/2018-03-01-adhd-is-a-fake-disease-invented-by-big-pharma-to-drug-children-for-profit.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

asking if this is just another jewscam to make it political

Adhd is a Make believe disorder, they tried to tell me I had that , but I guess it would feel good to blame all your problems on something they tell you that you cannot control

Tell em its not working and get Adderall instead

>Asking NEETs for medical opinions

You done goofed. You'd have more fun times on Adderall.

that's what i say.
sure that helps.... making me even more addicted to stuff

Great weight loss pill

choose to focus?

I don't want fun times i want to get better

Adderral is an amphetamine

LOL

ADHD is a FAKE disease invented by Big Pharma to drug children for profit

naturalnews.com/2018-03-01-adhd-is-a-fake-disease-invented-by-big-pharma-to-drug-children-for-profit.html

What does it matter? The drugs literally make you get shit done faster with less errors. You do what you need to secure access.

I take concerta, and it has some ups and downs. I lost 20 pounds because I didn't feel hunger or thirst for 5 days straight, but I also had a 4.0 GPA. I also didn't sleep for that time period. Had to take sleeping pills to get back to normal. Now I only keep a bottle in my car in case I need to drive or work for extreme periods of time.

What is 'better' if not fun?

Lmao just took the same shit today, makes you optimistic, open yet hard thinking. Got a smaller dosage but I have no ADHD so idk what it will do for you.

natural news is onion tier. delet this

fuck that shit. Get Meth.

All in all, it'll make you more productive, but you'll lose any sensation of fatigue. Also, you'll need to do something, or you'll be vigorously beating your dick. That's not a joke. Concerta has also made me spend an entire day jerking off when I finished my homework early, and had a shitton of free time.

use it only when want to be productive, like studying, if you dont abuse it and have some drug free holidays, you can avoid downregulation of your dopamine receptors and thus stay longer yourself

If it helps your condition good, give it a week and if it doesn't help tell your doctor. This isn't really the place to get medical advice though.

CIA nigger we are on to you.

Go be a faggot elsewhere.

Classic objections of a person who's never used.

We kill far less people than big pharma , statistically you would be safer taking advice from us

No shit, you ooga booga faggot

I took it, not that good, might fuck with your test production, wouldn't take it chocolate bro

Its bullshit and concerta is just overprized amfetamin with less enjoy and more sideeffects.

Methylphenidate is lame af. All it doesn’t for me is make me anxious and kills my appetite. Amphetamine based stimulants are dumb. Can’t believe they prescribe them to many kids. Modafinil is so vastly superior it’s not funny.

>you can avoid downregulation of your dopamine receptors and thus stay longer yourself
How to fix this?

Was prescribed ritalin/dex, on it for about a year and a half and it fucked me up good.

That shit completely broke my dick and it fucking sucks, no doctors takes it seriously. Only thing I can think which might help is BPC-157 but who knows what the side effects of that are.

You're gonna feel like shit if you start with 54mg, it kind of helps, but that might be placebo. If you can concentrate despite stomach running like an open sewer, and fingers turning blue, then it might help.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Health Ranger. His only agenda is to be contrarian no matter what, which curiously causes me to agree at times and hate him at others.

>College
>Productive
Like video games, college provides the illusion of achievement. Not worth destroying your body over college "work"

So you dont have adhd? Dont take pills?

Adhd is the most misdiagnosed meme disorder, my mom didnt have me checked and im fine, even though teachers wanted me checked fuck them.

If you need to take drugs to learn you aren't supposed to be learning

my concern is that it will change my thinking pattern, and i like how it is now. What does it help to be more productive if it fucks up the way i analyse problems.
i would get it in delayed form so there is no abuse there. That's why adderall or ritalin is not an option for me.
well that's a bit radical but pretty much this
i don't need fun if it affects my mental health. Dude weed lmao

Meth is an amphetamine

The grossly intact tablet shell will show up in your poop. Return them to your psychiatrist to get your deposit back.

>but I guess it would feel good to blame all your problems on something they tell you that you cannot control

Except that you can control it, amphetamine derivates like mph and ldx make me function like a normal person.

Do I get emotionally cold? Yes.
Is that a bad thing? No, not in the times we live in.

I literally can't read a fucking book without medication. And before you hit me with t. low IQ meme, I was tested because my parents also thought adhd was a myth and I was just retarded.

You are not sick and you don't need medication.
Save these pills for the race war when you may need them during an extended battle.

What school are you going to shoot up?

This is a big fight I had with my parents. Achievement is money in hand. Not a piece of paper you pay money for.

Of course, I only took that position to make them pay for it and dodge student loans.

Thank you for that scientific analysis

How come people with ADHD process stimulants and amphetamines differently and all react to it differently than people without it. Its not made up, they have a dopamine deficiency that makes them seek thrills and have short attention spans. Just because a lot of people get misdiagnosed and ADD (not adhd) gets used for every other kid that doesn't pay attention doesn't mean it doesn't exist at all.

Take your fucking medicine and stop asking LARPers and schitzos for medical advice.

Methylphenidate works with your focus and concentration and has minimal side effects, but it will make you wanna kill yourself after a couple of months.

Please don't, there's nothing worst to be suicidal and chemically focused.

If you can't do things like reading a book without amphetamines you aren't supposed to be reading your mind is telling you it's boring and do something else you're enjoying the drug not the book

yeah no shit, who thought that two different substances from the same group might have different effects

It's not an SSRI, dude. Try to learn something before having an opinion please.

bitch pls look my flag. We don't have shoot ups here.
i lol'd

I took concerta for a few years on and off. I mostly used the pills for days when I was tired and or needed to get stuff done. Take one of these pills, a day then I'd work hard all day. They are like time release cocaine I think

I have ADHD as well. I take 34mg pills and it's not that bad. Some people have said it causes insomnia but I haven't experienced those issues

I have seen the effects of long term use of adderall. It is not good. People become so reliant they can not function without. Literally brain turns to mush, no ambition, no motivation....

Meth (adderall is meth don’t get it wrong) if used at all should be used recreationally and never for prolonged periods. Your mind will suffer from chronic dopamine release...forcefully squeezing it out of your brain day after day

My advice to OP is go exercise every day if you can’t concentrate.

Do fuck yourself you fucking junkie, ADHD is fucking fake

>hurr I was allegedly misdiagnosed therefor it doesn't exist at all

too bad there isn't a treatment for brainlet syndrome

yea my impulsivity is getting out of hand. Same with long term reward system like university is a struggle. I need the kick now or i'm upset pretty much. My addictive personality fucks up a lot aswell that's why i would get it in delayed form.
Its also the emotional state. Its harder to feel emotions or they are very drastic. I went to multiple different docs and they all said i have it. Some are more pill pressuring (i told them to fuck off) the others are more passive with meds and i prefer that.

this has nothing to do with politics

What do you propose I do? Everything I want to do requires a certain level of concentration.
If my mind is telling me not to do the things I want to do, then fuck my mind, who is my mind to tell me what I can do and what I can't do?

I am a data analyst, my job is literally reading papers and then coding stuff based on them.

This, drugs are for recreation, don't fucking tell yourself you're curing some fake disorder

u got guns tho

I took it since I was young (age 8-23). From what I understand, it’s shitty compared to other medications like adderal. You will have ups and downs a lot from it until you get used to it. It’s also hell on your body, your liver will hate you. I recommend not taking it on weekends as a minimum. It works though.

I’ve tried alternatives lately. Gensing, Ginkgo Balobia, and magnesium aren’t quite as good but get the job done in my case. Way easier on the body and doesn’t require a prescription.

You've never used meth either. And molecular science is conclusive that Adderall is not meth.

you're an idiot. There is no better place to ask for anonymous advice. Look how many different aspects i get to read in a matter of minutes. I fucking love it.

yes it does look:

If you actually wanted to do those things you wouldn't have to take drugs to do them

Because the things you want always come easy right?
t. neet who never had the balls to fight for what he wants to have.

>data analyst

You're in serious trouble dude. I had that job for 7 years before burning out. The money is good. And you'll brainwash yourself into thinking the stress is low. Yet here you are shopping for drugs on Sup Forums of all places.

the problem is that my interests just vanish. I can get in hyperfocus and code or read stuff for hours and hours. But as soon as i have to do something that doesn't interest me my mind just can't do it.

There was a thread about this kind of stuff (ADHD and psychotropics) last night, maybe you can find something interesting.

shopping for drugs on Sup Forums... dude this thread is not about buying drugs lol

Nice thx mexibro

You're a fucking junkie, you've never fought for anything because you're fucking high all the time you don't even know who the fuck you even are

For me it worked like a charm. It's obviously gonna work differently for different people, but I'd reccomend just trying it out, if you trust yourself to not abuse it.
You should also try to stay off it on weekends or whenever you feel like you don't need it. That way you won't lose your old thinking pattern, but instead you'll be able to see things from both your old and "new" perspective.

Drugs are great when used properly--for a purpose and in moderation. Don't let the uninsured haters sway you.

i struggle with not knowing who i am without drugs. Its a common thing with young people.

We live in a new world. I have 7 job offers and i can basically do whatever i want. Its harder to choose and identify with something. Its not like 50 years ago where after school it was clear what you will do for the rest of your life. Nowadays everything is an option. It's harder to identify.

OP is literally asking Sup Forums if his doctor got it right.

I know that this job isn't a long term solution, but I have always been a relatively antisocial fuck who liked to burry himself in his work. I plan on doing this until I'm 30, and then working part time

I mean I make 80k a year at 25 y.o. I'm mostly investing at the moment and hoping it pans out.

Exactly my experience.

Well at least I am somebody who contributes to society, not a worthless leech.

great advice. I thought about going 18mg long term release though out the day for a few month and look how it affects me.

But the part about "seeing how it affects me" is the thing i don't like. Its pretty much experimenting with your brain.

And not a one of them is well informed or advisable.

And taking amphetamines is going to make you a normal functional member of society?

Pharmacist here.

Concerta is extended-release methylphenidate, formulated so you only have to take 1 tablet a day. Plain immediate-release methylphenidate is commonly known by its trade name, Ritalin. You've been prescribed long-acting Ritalin.

If you have clinical ADHD then it should make you feel like a normal person.

If you do not have clinical ADHD, then you'll see the effects as they have been described in the thread - almost manic amounts of extra energy, a sense of hyperproductivity.

Common side effects include weight loss (due to metabolism boost and reduced appetite) as well as some sleep issues. You could also have cardiac effects (racing or galloping heartbeat, increased blood pressure). If you are otherwise generally healthy you don't have to worry about the heart stuff much.

Do not be a person that takes an upper to function and a downer to sleep. If insomnia is a side effect for you, move to a lower dose or a weaker type of medication altogether. You want to find what works for you at the lowest possible dose so that you avoid as many side effects as you can. That is how you take this stuff responsibly.

ADHD is mostly bullshit, especially for children, but if you have a confirmed diagnosis from multiple people and you feel it is affecting your life, then you should try the medication and see if it works for you. You seem like a legitimate candidate for therapy.

By the way, respect your pharmacist and don't try to be a druggo that fills a few days early every fucking month.

No you retard you just don't get do you. This place is the best place to ask for as much advice and experience as possible in a matter of minutes. Many people here have the same struggles as i do or we wouldn't be here.

So everyone who doesn't take amphetamines is a worthless leech?

This desu
ADHD exists but it's controllable
It's just a word to say you aren't as good at it. But they pretend it's some sort of disability that requires medication
I mean for fucks sake doctors diagnosed me with disgraphia which just means "you have bad handwriting"

Stay off the drugs, son.

I prefer concerta to vyvanse. It just helps concerntate, no side effects for me. Vyvanse 70mg made me high and sweat.

You amphetamine junkies fucking disgust me, you're a fucking fake and a fraud

Myself included. But at some point in life you have to progress beyond letting people make decisions for you.

You want to put the ass up for your Doctor, than do it. You wan to put the ass up for Sup Forums, than do that.

The decision is only ever yours. The sooner you get that, the faster your life will improve.

You forgot about the Boner that will stay hard for 3 hours but won't let you come.
No, but aussies shitposting on Sup Forums at 00:34 localtime sure are.

nice thanks that is pretty much what the psychiatrists told me with a bit more details. I already have insomnia aswell so i started with Trittico which is a non recreational sleeping aid. No way i could get addicted to that. Trying to fix my sleep again. I haven't taken it yet i'm also skeptic.

Ritalin is no option anyway for me. I know i would abuse it. Long acting concerta is kind of retarded to abuse anyway.

>HURDUR CARS ARE BAD BECAUSE THEY GO FASTER THAN HUMANS

shut the fuck up aussie

What a kickarse, knowledgeable response. You are a credit to pol.

yea of course i will make my decision in the end. Its never bad to hear as many storys as possible on it.

Tell em you want Elvanse instead, that shit is gud.

You fucking amphetamine addicted mutt, stop taking pills for fake disorders

>You forgot about the Boner that will stay hard for 3 hours but won't let you come.

Implying that's not why I stash pills for my gay sauna excursions.

>Its pretty much experimenting with your brain
Pretty much everything you do is exactly this, though. Everything you do and consume affects your brain chemestry in some way or another.
It's obviously not completely the same as taking psychoactive drugs, but it isn't that much differnt in the end either.
But if you absolutely don't want to try it out, the best substitute in my opinion is excercise.
It'll calm your mind in the same way stimulants would do .

Why do you even care, you toxic bitch?
Afraid other people could actually overcome their problems and achieve something? Something you could never do?

Kek coming from the worthless neet whose forfathers were fucking criminals

Adhd is one of the biggest big pharma frauds , at least some understand this