Why does so little manga get translated when literally every anime gets fansubs...

Why does so little manga get translated when literally every anime gets fansubs? Is learning moonrunes the only way to fully get into manga?

there's a lot more manga, and most anime didn't get fansubs, until the crunchyroll/horriblesubs era

Almost nothing gets fansubs these days.

Google translate brah

Because almost nothing needs fansubs. Most anime still gets translated.

>fansubs

What well-known manga, other than Nobunaga no Chef and Five Star Stories, lack translation? The vast majority of relevant manga gets translated. VNs and LNs I could understand, but manga?

just off the top of my head, you can't find complete oishinbo online, and that's one of the biggest manga of all time.

A lot of seinen does not get fan translations

>relevant manga
The fuck does that mean?

Famous manga that have anime adaptations usually do get translated, although there are a lot whose scanlations are incomplete. But there's a whole world of manga beyond those series. For example, there are huge amounts of shoujo manga, especially pre-2000s series, that have never been translated and aren't even in the MU database.

I sit and wait impatiently every day for Sho Shibamoto's Tsunousagi and The Knight of Flower, Dakini to get translated.

I don't understand how an award-winning mangaka can get so little attention from the translation community.

Liar Game mangaka keeps writing something but nobody cares to translate.
Can't be that bad, can it?

Just learn japanese, bro.
And then cry because the only scans you can find are either in korean or chinese.

Then you proceed to learn Chinese only to realize you're not cool enough to be allowed into their sikrit club

>literally every anime gets fansubs
What the fuck are you on about? A tiny fraction of anime get fansubs, it's all pro stuff now. Besides, there are ~40-odd anime airing, as opposed to thousands of manga serializing.

So do what the Japanese fans do and buy your manga, you cheapskate.

>500 yen a volume for puny e-scans
aaaaah kinda hurts indeed

かくかくしかじか

>I don't understand how an award-winning mangaka can get so little attention from the translation community.
>look him up
>one rookie award and two jury recommendations for the JMAF awards
Wow, it's fucking nothing. Even most of the JMAF Excellence Prizes don't get translated, so it's no surprise that this guy gets ignored. Awards mean very little to translators and always have.

>What well-known manga, other than Nobunaga no Chef and Five Star Stories, lack translation?
Golgo 13, for the most obvious example of many.

He just needs to make an isekai with a murderhobo rapist protaganist. Then he'll have tons of machine translators swarming all over his work.

Just learn japanese and stop complaining.

>every anime gets fansubs
Name 3 last season. I can only name one fansub last season.

i think OP meant most anime gets translated period, shitty wording in the post

He meant what he said, he's just a scrubber. Manga is doing well and gets loads of fansubs. Anime is for casuals because westerners hate reading (see the number of anime fans versus manga fans on here) and so it is more profitable to make a netflix style subscription service instead of a per volume manga product which requires printing and more advanced and finiky type-setting and so on.
Basically manga takes more work and is for a smaller more elite audience. Why would companies bother with anything other than the biggest smash hits? On the flip side manga is 'easier' for smaller groups to do poorly. See all the machine partial translations and basic type-setting t/ls.

Are you serious? There's a fuckton more manga in this world than there is anime.

>reading comics makes you smart

indeed. You can't read comics while shitreposting dunk 2007 memes on facebook

No, that's books. Refusing to read makes you an idiot. I know people who refused to watch anything with subtitles because they don't like to read things and instead just want to watch their video without. I know people who think comics are too much reading. I know people who would only read light prose (and or LN) or VNs. I know people who actually read.

There's levels to it. By the sounds of it you're on the bottom of the shit heap. Sorry but I guess it sucks to suck

>tfw a lot of great manga will never get scanlated

Horrible subs pretty much everything.

Newfags should be banned or warned.

Is it me or all those fansubbers without "a job" anymore could just go into scanlations

>getting into a community for -less- (you)s
hahaha

>can't relate to this since my country gets a ton of manga officially translated and distributed despite having 1/6 the US population
Weird

I honestly don't see the difference between thankless-ness of these two activities

Hello froggo

Having a non-english language still relevant nowadays feels great in general.

Wrong, we wuz pizza and shit
French at least has speakers by the hundreds of millions worldwide

fansubbers dont get thanks but they at least get attention.

>literally every anime gets fansubs
what the fuck? Are you on drugs?

He's just a retard who thinks Horrible Subs is a fansubbing group.

>quebec
>africa
Oh boy, all these useful places where French is spoken.

There is a lot more manga than there is anime.

Imagine lacking reading comprehension this much while advocating reading.

There are a lot more manga than anime, and scanning and preparing manga is relatively time-consuming.