/cg/ Christian General

In order to keep faith in Jesus Christ we must be continuously spiritually fed.

Praise your King

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY
independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Christianity

Reminder that all these pictures of are not Jesus. Reminder God said not to make graven images. Reminder that Catholics are not Christian.

How can Christians believe humans have a nature? What are the essential properties of human nature?

Images of God are blasphemous
This

How is this different from Judaism?

What do you mean? Followers of Judaism follow the Talmud.

Praise Jesus. May he forgive the sins of President Trump for cheating on his beautiful wife. She let him be a man make the money and stayed home to care for their son and household. Degenerate behavior is why our lord and savior died for us. May my president beg forgiveness and let jesus into his heart.

Jesus christ. Duh.

>implying Catholics are the only ones of making graven images
That's basically 99% of all Christians nowadays user

Not making graven images - that's from Moses' Ten Commandments isn't it.

That isn't an answer to the question I asked. Christians believe in a categorical "humanity" with the same nature that is in the image of god. What is this nature?

catholic server /bkXHBgq

Uhm. Jesus christ. You can't just decide what others beliefs are. Jesus christ is the answer.

t. prostesmutt

That isn't what the commandment means anyway. Iconography is not what the commandment refers to.

I don't understand why people think every Mosaic law was fulfilled by Jesus except the ten commandments. Why do we need them?

God said to not make idols (false images or "Tesslem"), at least read a bit of the Bible.

Protestantism is horrible but Judaism still can be worse.

This is based on the bible not unbiblical tradition
t. idolater

Wrong picture nigger fucking faggot.

Daily reminder that anything that exists past 40 AD is blasphemous and you should kill yourself for your sins.

>implying people worship pictures of jesus
>this is your brain on Protestantism folks

I'm a new Christian and since becoming one, my life has fallen apart. Can someone provide a prayer that helps them get through the turmoil? I know it is all to build me up, to handle things better and to have a better future, but man it is rough. I also realize what I'm going through pales in comparison to what others have been through. I also realize what I'm going through might be for the benefit of not only me, but for the other people involved.

All commandments of the bible are still in force. People will go to hell for having eaten pork. What Jesus did was set us free from the law, so it doesn't matter if we mix fabrics or murder, we'll still be forgiven.

Deuteronomy 4:15-19

>I'm a new Christian and since becoming one, my life has fallen apart.
That's pretty standard. Just stop being christian and it should fix that right up

Sending prayers your way senpai

>become a christian
>life falls apart

wew, who knew putting all your trust in the magical invisible fairy in the sky instead of just trusting yourself could be bad.

>t. idolater
t. follower of a heresy that appeared 1500 years after Christ.

>the bible is a heresy that appeared 1500 years after Christ
This is your brain on popery

>The Bible and the Church culture
>sola scriptura
>solo Lutero

From what I've learned this far, it is standard for God to work through you to either show you a better path or to work in another person's life.

Thank you.

Rosary

Paths don't magically show up, you have to make them. It's up to you if you decide to be a complete asshole or based nice poster to the ones you encounter in your own path.

Sinning is killing yourself. But slowly.

You're letting go of what was detrimental in your life and chose better even though it would difficult. I'm proud of you user.

"But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

And if what was detrimental was something I loved? Something that actually brought me to God in the first place, as a matter of fact...

Blasphemy and idolatry

The Holy Rosary and the Litany of the Most Precious Blood. Daily.

# Prayers are being sent your way, stay strong christ is with you. The enemy hates losing one of their number.

agree the laws still abide if its not updated we should keep it , but i am stil in doubt about the pork

Read Romans. We are no longer under the law, which means why are no longer judged by God. Christians don't have to follow the laws, but they do because they are given a new nature. But because the law was abolished and re-written on the heart, all laws that were made in time for a purpose in time which are not the eternal laws that represent God's character are completely done away with. There is nothing wrong with eating pork, if you are a Christian.

Your doubts are correct, the dietary restrictions are lifted in the New Testament. Except cannibalism, of course.

>why
we

>I'm a new Christian and since becoming one, my life has fallen apart.

You are either a shitty christian and god wants you to find the true path , or the devil is after your ass.

There is no thing as prayers just ask and you will receive

>I'm a new Christian and since becoming one, my life has fallen apart. Can someone provide a prayer that helps them get through the turmoil?
Try praying this:
"Lord, please make me stop being retarded and realize that the true religion was gnosticism".

Jesus wants you to become a different person. Just make sure to think about how these problems have made your life or personality better. Because that is what God would like you to see.

This is not correct. Every law from the Old Testament still stands, except those that the New Testament specifically mentions as lifted: the dietary restrictions, the holydays, the new moons. the sabbath days, basically everything regarding the ceremonies performed at the tabernacle.

There is not one verse where paul talks about unclean food becomes clean food.

No but there are some verses where the main guy himself says that salvation comes through faith so why don't you just not post your retarded post?

>Read Romans. We are no longer under the law,

We are above the law we live in faith and this means follow jesus , this means follow his faith and gods commandments

> 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Many people leave the Fold because of an inability to let go of a cherished sin. Please remember that you cannot base faith on a feeling. You either believe or you don't, and if you do believe, you will try to make things right between you and God, despite anything you may feel. And if it is difficult, pray that God helps you endure your suffering, as Jesus endured suffering for the forgiveness of our sins.

>Colossians 2:16
>“Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:”
I recommend reading the whole chapter, but here is Paul saying it's ok to eat anything.

Pic related needs to stop.

aye but what is faith ? we go from faith just calling

>For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

>And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

>2018
>Still being Christian and believing in a con artist and an imaginary being that lives in the stratosphere
Get out your parent's house for once. Religion are more morons who can't think for themselves. I stopped believing in this bullshit when I finally moved out after high school. I never went to church also.

the problem is that paul had no gospel , thus judging in meat would be jesus versus john the baptist , jesus ate bread while john ate grashoppers and honey , sabbaths was a brought term for the jews , paul never said to abolish the day of rest

Is an unborn child that occurred before marriage a sin?

Are you walking away from an unborn child in order to be a Christian?

Negative. Wife got pregant, marries after we found out. She left me and if having an abortion. I do not support her decision.
And yes, she is a Christian also. Or at least she has a relationship with God.

Only those who have faith will call. Naturally. Why would anyone call on a god they don't believe in to save them? It doesn't make sense.

Then the jews can also call upon him

Romans 14:14-17
Paul discusses that how you eat does not matter.

Mark 7:15-19
Jesus specifically said it does not matter what you eat.

If you don't eat pork, that's fine. But don't refer to that as a Christian imperative because then you are preaching man's traditions and customs as gospel.

some examples of sabbaths abolished by paul

>Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation.

> Leviticus 23:32 | View whole chapter | See verse in context
It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath.

Why must you be so close, and yet so idiotic?

The word being translated here as “graven images” literally means that in Hebrew, but it’s a bit misleading as a translation. The Hebrew word (pecel) is used some thirty-one times in the Old Testament, and every time it refers to idols. So a better translation is that you shall not make idols.

also Cherubim n the ark of the covenant fight me prots

i already posted that here

Christniggers, Christjews, Christfaggits, and Christcucks. Diversity is the Christian alt-right’s strength.

>also Cherubim n the ark of the covenant fight me prots

commanded by god , show me any evidence where god commands you to create jesus on the cross

>idols
Like pic related?

Cult General

I will even do one better

>20And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: 21Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.

That was written poorly. We got married after finding out. The pregnancy was planned. During the process, I thought I should be waiting til we got married, but did it anyways. We got married, moved in together, and after a few initial small arguments it snowballed and she left. She is now going to get rid of the child. I do not support this decision but am powerless because of where we live.
Getting divorced. I need to know if this is happening because I went against what God would have wanted. For us to wait until marriage.

youtube.com/watch?v=7L8rcgP_jJY

I got a question for you /cg/. what does it mean to say Jesus is God? I understand the trinity as: God the Father, Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit in everyone. How can Christ be the father and the son at the same time?

Is she divorcing you, then? And if not, do you think you will ever be able to forgive her for murdering your child, in order to make the marriage work? Is that something you would even want? As for the unborn child, the child is sinless. You aren't walking away from the child--you are walking away from a woman who has no virtue. A virtuous woman's head is her husband and she will submit to his authority in the sacrament of marriage. It sounds shitty to say right now because your wounds are fresh, but maybe it's a good thing that she left.

There is no such thing the trinity is the problem solver for all the catholics false doctrine

Think of it as a prism with three sides. God is the prism, the three persons are the sides. You see a different one depending on your position.

>In order to keep faith in Jesus Christ we must be continuously spiritually fed.
Yes, my children... FEED!

The hunger for enlightenment is insatiable.

Ok? I don't think Jesus Christ was racist

Sage this post I'm leaving

Sup upon the seed of (((Christ))).

Faith in the (((Lord))) will be ambrosially rewarded.

The (((son))) of the (((Lord))) is eternal.

Follow the (((Lord)))'s word unquestioningly.

but is God the prism or the father? i'm just trying to understand. is there some literature I can read that explains it well?

If your enemy is Russia should you love thy enemy?

The bible tells us to be forgiving, and in that to be loving. I do love her. Will I be able to forgive her? I think so, but I don't know yet. She hasn't done it yet. I'm also feeling sadness not only for the child we asked for being in this position, but for her to do this to herself. She will be dealing with that pain forever.
But thank you for answering the question. The child is sinless as I am not the one walking out on it. I'm not the one killing him/her.

And yes, she is divorcing me. I'm only agreeing to it because she wants it. I do not.

>Praise your King
Would you just fuck off with this nonsense? Go be insecure somewhere else.

independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/story-of-jesus-christ-was-fabricated-to-pacify-the-poor-claims-controversial-biblical-scholar-8870879.html

God is the prism, absolutely.
As for relevant literature, if you could find a manual or an introduction to catholic theology you'd be alright, you could also check out fisheaters . com, it's solid and it has a guide for converts.

Or turn the other chick?

Why read about bullshit not being true? no one can really explain it its gods mystery

Quick run down:

Abraham paid tithes to Melchizedek; later, the Levites would receive tithes from their countrymen. Since Aaron was in Abraham's loins then, it was as if the Aaronic priesthood were paying tithes to Melchizedek. (Heb. 7:4-10)

The one who blesses is always greater than the one being blessed. Thus, Melchizedek was greater than Abraham. As Levi was yet in the loins of Abraham, it follows that Melchizedek is greater than Levi. (Heb. 7:7-10)

If the priesthood of Aaron were effective, God would not have called a new priest in a different order in Psalm 110. (Heb. 7:11)

The basis of the Aaronic priesthood was ancestry; the basis of the priesthood of Melchizedek is everlasting life. That is, there is no interruption due to a priest's death. (Heb. 7:8,15-16,23-25)

The priesthood of Melchizedek is more effective because it required a single sacrifice once and for all (Jesus), while the Levitical priesthood made endless sacrifices. (Heb. 7:27)

The Aaronic priests serve (or, rather, served) in an earthly copy and shadow of the heavenly Temple, which Jesus serves in. (Heb. 8:5)

Tl;dr bogdanoffs bow to Melchizedek.

How am I supposed to know what's "bullshit" or not if I don't read about it
thanks i'll check out that fisheater site

Catholics dont read the bible jesus has a god above him

>
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

The teachings of Christ.