Kemono Friends

Let's discuss the international pop culture phenomenon "Kemono Friends," including the director controversy and the likelihood of a second season.

How hopeful are you that this whole thing gets ironed out, Sup Forums? What would you like to see in a second season if Tatsuki gets reinstated? How about if it goes to a different director/studio? Will you give it a chance?

Forget the Sup Forums meta and let's just talk about the anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-03/kadokawa-ceo-comments-on-kemono-friends-controversy/.122202
kemono-friendsch.com/archives/40204
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Covering all your bases won't work with this guy
Based on that announcement with no source I'm still not optimistic. I do believe there is a slightly higher chance as of now that Tatsuki will come back, but even then I don't want to get my hopes up.

I'm still hopeful that tatsuki will still make it on. Given recent news things are looking hopeful to me

Because I know some people haven't seen it, here is an article with the statements. I know, >ANN, but at least it's translated.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-10-03/kadokawa-ceo-comments-on-kemono-friends-controversy/.122202

I expect the worst.

I'm kind of interested in seeing Tatsuki do an original project, maybe about that train station attendant.

How many of you actually watched this when it very first came out? Within the first week or two.

I bandwagoned it about Episode 5. Glad that I did. That eleventh week was intense.

What annoucement ?

A large portion of Sup Forums tries everything as it comes out, it's much more fun to watch seasonal anime that way.
Though after two episodes of "eh this is a fun educational show" I got behind and didn't catch up until it had already been recognized as really good, so despite seeing the first two episodes completely un-influenced, I still missed on all the build up that happened after.

I was aware of the show when it was initially announced and before the game was canceled. Was looking forward to it before it aired and loved it from the first ten seconds.

Yeah Sup Forums was in a good position to enjoy KF since so many people here watch every original every season.

kemono-friendsch.com/archives/40204

Nope. I got on the ride around episode 6 I think after opening a thread on a whim and liking the fanart.

I've been tense since last week, every piece of news (true or not) wrecks my nerves. I don't know what to think about apart from refreshing every forum/news site/twitter obsessively. Hopefulness at !0%

Everyone was shitting on Kemono Friends when it first came out and mocked the fact that the phone game was discontinued before the anime was even released.

I really hope that's not true. I don't want to wake up to bad news again.

I used to envy people who never had to experience the week-long wait between episodes 11 and 12.
Now I feel sort of bad for them.

winemaking

Oh fuck. That's no good at all.

Since the begining. It had this estrange yet powerful ability of making me feel extremely comfy watching it, so I stayed for the ride.

Me, wanted to give everyone a chance that season, stayed for questions it popped through me like "why are there giant cyclops balls in a yuri anime?"

>kemono-friendsch.com/archives/40204
translation?

Rumor that Kadokawa will be giving an update on the situation tomorrow (today), and that it's not good.
Carries about as much weight as someone saying it here. Not really an update.

I'm a newfag to KF and have yet to watch it, why is this girl always making this face in a lot of the fanart I see?

that's her eyes reversed and her mouth flipped

So, I watched it out of curiosity after all this blunder with the director.
I have to say, it wasn't that bad actually. Despite the jerky cg and the obvious moe baiting attempt, there was a decent story being told. It was actually much less trashy than most seasonal series trying to take up money
I wouldn't really say I like it, but I can see now why so much people became furious when presented with the realistic risk of losing a series with a bit of soul
So after all, you have my sympathy guys.
It was very cute, and not in a superficial way.

JJ Abrams film announced.

Was KF a hit with kids too?

Don't toy with me user
even as a joke it hurts

Appreciate that you can realize that people can fall in love with a show and find value in it even if you personally don't feel exactly the same way.

Because she's retarded.

Supposedly it got a daytime cartoon placement and proved a hit there as well. So it has transitioned to a kid's show. Which is how you know Kadokawa will want total control again. A kid's show is just so fucking lucrative than your typical late night anime.

Yeah.
They love it. It's airing on kid's stations now.

At least it's not a Jaden Smith film.

English Translation when?

Kids loved Arai-san. From twitter:

>Today 's Kemono Friends, when Arai appeared. My daughter said "Arai-san!" Arai-san, that's amazing.
>A 4 - year - old girl who was too addicted to the kemono friends. Our daughter forces us to play pretend. But the legendary warrior Cure Mermaid (I) can not beat the Cerulean. Arai-san (daughter) knocks it down with a single blow. This happened several times.
>The re-airing of Kemono Friends has ended today. The 3 - year - old daughter loves episode 11 which has surprisingly many serious scenes. I'm watching the recording over and over again because "It's time Arai-san catches up!"
>My son likes Arai-san. Arai-san does not appear for two episodes, so as soon as one episode finishes I jump two episodes further.

>Imagining Jaden Smith as Kaban

Kemono Friends has a very child book-like feel to a lot of it. I can't say it's too surprising.

Would Arai-san be good with kids?

I see.

It has a very simple appeal that crosses age groups. It reminds me a lot of Jim Henson movies like Labyrinth or The Dark Crystal.

I've been here since EP2.
What caught my attention was otter's ass.

Well, Arai-san has a "-nanoda" as catchphrase. Kids love catchphrase.

But why would kemono-friendsch publish an article on an anonymous comment from 2ch?

Can anyone make articles on that site or something?

What does nanoda mean anyway?

I was there during episode 1 when everyone thought it was a yakuza money laundering scheme.

It's like desuwa~

It is

which doesn't really mean anything. just a phrase like desu

Will this turn children into autistic furfaggots?

Jim Henson films are pretty weird. Especially in the 80's. I was thinking more like really little kid books that adults still like. Like Beatrix Potter or Dr. Seuss or something.

Yep.

Is there any changes when it's made kid-friendly? I don't think Prairie Dog's kiss or Margay's obsession is something that can be shown without toning them down (in countries with Abrahamic faith majority, at least).

Maybe, but those don't have subtext the way KF does.

It's a clickbait site.

it's a meme in which her eyes and mouth were flipped. Caught on because it makes her look so fucking miserable.

I don't think I've seen this since I edited it for user. I can't find the edited one anymore though.

>*tips*

I think showing yuribait of that nature is inappropriate for children of any society. Ideally, people should be well past puberty before being hit with sexually or emotionally evocative media of that nature.

Good thing Japan is not an Abrahamic majority.

0 hope, it's already been too long for them to fix their fuckups after doubling down as many times as they have.

pretty sure Margay is 100% innocuous for western audiences
the Prairie Dog greeting would be fine if they just make it clear where it comes from

Homophobia still exists in secular nations, idiot.

Glad to hear that, I hope that Kadokawa doesn't end up ruining what's good in your favorite show.

The prairie dog ones can be an educational thing because that's what prairie dog do IRL. But i dunno if fundamentalist will buy that.

It's just funny. Bugs Bunny literally had a running gag about kissing Elmer Fudd.

I was just addressing something the guy I was replying to said.
No need to get all fiesty. Fuck.

I would say that's fine for most kids because it's not sexually stimulating. At least, not for me because I'm not a confused queer. For children, it's just gross and funny. Bugs' dressing up in formfitting dresses with large fake breasts, on the other hand, has a much different effect on most children.

>Labyrinth
That movie is really popular in Japan, and David Bowie's looks in it was stolen by effectively everyone today.

RIP in peace Space Oddman.

She's as cute as the rumors say.

I never found that as being too far. Bugs or Elmer aren't exactly sexy to me.

That scene was obviously intended to stimulate otakufriends

>I'm not a confused queer.
You know how many straight people say that?
Not a lot.

>lol he said something negative about gays so that must mean he's gay XDXD
>>>tumblr

Don't be a faggot, please

>he says he is not gay therefore he is gay
really joggles the noggin

Go be a smug lezzie somewhere else.

The way he used it was out of place and unnecessary. Usually when someone has to explicitly point out they're not gay for NO reason, it's usually a sign of something.
(I'm not tumblr pls don't hurt me)

It's joke.
That one shitposter was right. It is easy to get (You)s out of you guys.

This art has a lot of weight when you consider how easily she could sandstar them into being her kids/imoutos.

More than one instance of a species being sandstarred is exceptionally rare.

I watched shortly after EP 6 came out.

Friends must happen naturally. If that was not the case, Japari Corp would have made tons of cat and dog Friends.

I assumed that's because the park only brought one of each animal to the island. But if multiple of the same animal did end up there, they could all get sandstarred.

Truth be told, Episode 4.

My brother watch since Episode 1 aired. Get a glance of it and think "Oh it's cool i guess. Something chill to watch. Maybe i'll give it a try sometimes"

Days after Ep4 aired, i ask my bro a copy of the show. Watched it, and i liked it since the first episode. But i like it in the light way. I don't care about 3D animation or the hatred surrounding it. I just thought it's a pretty relaxing anime and i take it fine.

My friend (who wasn't watching it by the way, just reading threads) told me to watch it when it was at about episode 4 I believe. Slight concern but after watching it, no regrets.

I only watched it after it had all aired. Initially I wasn't at all interested in another soulless moe waifu factory franchise, and a particularly homely one at that, but when I saw pic related in a thread about anime studios, it caught my interest. This show isn't "my life," and I thought several of the episodes were redundant and outright boring (PPP episode and Lion vs Moose episode come to mind), but for the most part it was a cute and interesting show. Serval really stands out to me for some reason. Just cute

>the park only brought one of each animal to the island.
There are whole population of actual servals, hippos, elephants, southern tamanduas etc in Japari Park. They didn't just import a few of them and hoping that the Sandstar fall in the right place.

She'd probably drop them

She can only parent based on self experience

Then where are all the normal animals at?
At the time they had Sandstar under control and could give it to animals by hand. And random Sandstar showers only happen after because the seal got busted. Or at least that was my assumption.

if nothing else it could get a pass for being Progressive(tm)

I watched it with friends on a livestream.
I dismissed it as it ran in the background until it got to the plains episode.
I saw the dynamic between the two groups, especially between Moose and Lion and I was hooked.
I immediately rewatched the earlier eps to catch up with the story.

I'm a mechafag so I'm used to recent anime with 3dcg robots.
I also enjoy MMD. I pretty much give KF a high score, regardless of popularity.
I'm grateful for the content it generated and the potential it has in the future.

>Then where are all the normal animals at?
They didn't pay Tatsuki enough for him to model the normal animals.

this show is garbage

The arai-san thread got deleted

Arai-san thread got deleted. This one is probably next.

Sick opinion.
>Type of thread the mod himself suggests is acceptable gets deleted.
Ugh. I won't dwell on it thougj, and neither should any of us.