Shirou Emiya is a good main character

Sword autism.

Bebble diiee if tey r killed

>Is he a good MC?
It really depends on what he is good at because he is only good with what he is good at.

Kiritsugu is better.

Kiritsugu is shit

Zero is better. FTFY.

For you

Drown in your ideals and die.

What a self loathing faggot

he did everythin wrong

Kerry is literally just a dumbed down Shirou for brainlets. He's enjoyable but nowhere near sword autist

Here's your (you), because you made me chuckle sir.

>For the truly intelligent
FTFY.
You can't save everyone retard. Save as many as you can.

Wrong thread dumbass.

try to grasp the purpose of my post since you already know what thread we are in and then be ashamed of yourself

>You can't save everyone
Shirou is aware of that.
That doesn't mean it's a mistake to try.

It doesn't matter what you can or can't do, that doesn't change the fact that Kerry in Zero is a retreading of Shirou but dumbed down. Kiritsugu in the visual novel is only meant to add more to Shirou as a character, so there's not much you can do with him.

Yes. he is.

I wouldn't say kerry's a retreading of Shirou. I see him kind of like an "extra route" if that makes sense. If the 3 routes of fate are how Shirou chooses to go on with his ideals, Zero is just another "route" in a sense, where it shows Kerry how he chooses to apply his ideals, what it meant to him.

Mind of steel is what you're referring to.

>Retread is more interesting, mature and complex.
Shirou's ideals are shounen BS. Kiritsugu's are realistic.

>kill soldiers to save thousands xDD
>cheat on my wife because edge xDDD
>muh butchered meat xDDD
>i dunno what my wish even is :DDDD

> interesting, mature and complex
You'll notice there is zero discussion on Kiritsugu because he's just mind of steel Shirou, nothing interesting or complex about it, it's already been ''shown''. It's one dimensional. You also only say it's ''mature'' because he's an ''''''''''''adult''''''''' that wears a trenchcoat and uses a gun even though he's a literal manchild that refers to himself as boku, something zerofags seem not to notice.

Childhood is hating Shirou because of his ideals.
Adulthood is realizing that Shirou is the ideal shounen MC.

>Sex with his boring sex doll wife
Don't blame him that Maiya is hot.

>18+ VN
>shounen

Zerobabies, ladies and gentleman.

MoS isn't really explored though. It's implied. Zero, in a way, is kind of exploring MoS.

>It's n-not s-shounen
>Some jap autist is able to beat beings countless of times stronger than him because muh willpower.
Why even deny this?

Kiritsugu is the dude with the stupidly unrealistic ideal, Archer basically decided to copy him while every other path's Shirou has a way more grounded ideal of saving those he can.

What exactly do you think "shounen" means?

Tropes in Shounen
>"I want to protect everyone and be a hero"
>Bullshit power ups
>I'll never give up, muh unbreakable will.

>a literal manchild that refers to himself as boku, something zerofags seem not to notice.

explain

Which of Shirou's endings would Kiritsugu approve of: Fate, UBW or HF?

Boku is just the formal version of the word.

“You are brave,” says Rider. “You are always selecting the choice that brings you pain.” Rider likely has little idea of how right she is about this, but it’s true; one of the most important things to understand about Shirou is that if he has a choice between hurting himself to help someone else, or leaving someone to suffer while he saves himself, he will almost inevitably pick the former option.

When Rin comes to save him, he’s not even able to admit that he believes Shinji to be Rider’s Master, because he doesn’t want to give up on his friend, no matter how far from grace he might have fallen. He justifies this as not having enough proof, but his true intentions are pretty apparent by now.

>Fate
Shirou just imitating the ideals given to him.
>UBW
Shirou actually fulfilling Kiritsugu's wish and making his own path.
>HF
Shirou goes full retard and risks the life's of billions for some wormslut.

Watashi's the formal/polite pronoun.

you got it wrong kid
childhood is idolising shirou for is ideals
adulthood is realizing that idealism is foolish

Shirou is mentally ill and slightly autistic.
Why would anyone admire him?

All except HF

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fate/Stay Night. The character development is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of philosophy most of the themes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Shirou's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these lines, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fate/Stay Night truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the depth in Shirou's existencial catchphrase "People die if they are killed," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nasu's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fate tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

I want fluffy Sheh Roh back in Prisma Illya.