If you found out someone you love was constantly getting into life-threatening situations, would you let them go?

If you found out someone you love was constantly getting into life-threatening situations, would you let them go?

Or, you know, we could just talk about Digimon or Appmon or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tYt8Qdc1ALQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8fDdK1T_oDM
youtube.com/watch?v=DwRJbs0Y3Fs
exhentai.org/g/1125257/db0e1ccc5d/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Tai was my Onii-chan, I'd tie him to the bed and never let him leave. Wink wink nudge nudge

>Hikari Yagami
Was she Kira?

She's worse. She's literally trying to kill reality itself.

just the best minor antagonists in the franchise passing through

>gif

For what purpose

Reminder that Taichi's death is Hikari's fault.

As long as he studies when he gets back

Depends. How big a dick are we talking about?

First incest, then homosexuality. Is Toei the most progressive animation studio?

I'd join them in the fun.

Did he die?
Omnimon did nothing wrong

What is this?

Do we even have Appmon discussions here?

We sneak a few words in here and there in the digimon threads other than that no.

It's annoying. I want Appmon discussion mid airing while we have one week left at least...

Nobody like appmon apparently

Eh don't blame them, even for digimon appmon was really kiddy and there really waz way too.much motw stuff.

Go to /vg/. We still talk about it sometimes.

Yes. Because it involves children.

Appmon is such a shame because there was a great show trapped under the silly filler. Leviathan was an amazing antagonist and it had plenty of good moments. But so many pointless wacky episodes that simply weren't funny.

Digimon was really that show that could be very childish and more adult than most seinens when it wanted.

youtube.com/watch?v=tYt8Qdc1ALQ

Not to mention it was often ugly as shit aside frop the 3D.

Really? I thought Leviathan was boring as shit and borderline retarded. The last episode only confirmed that for me.

Tamers was really something else. I kind of wish we had a sequel but the ending was so good that would ruin it.

Well we are getting a new audio CD drama by Konaka.
Might get that sequel.

>dubshit

Hikari is a disgusting brocon

Better than being a gay robot lover like Haru is.

So, what exactly was genai's plan with the reboot?. he said he wanted to bring back the digimon who died in the real world and then summoned a couple of dark masters but the DM never died in the real world. if anything he only brought back myotysmon's gang, wizarmon, leomon and demon's friend. Granted he probably killed the 4 guardians

>digimon digital rapture

incest is the purest form of love.

So where does Digimon go from here in the anime?

Another shameless cash grab sequel aka Tamers sequel?
Or milk the Adventurefags with more shit, which it seems that well is going dry.
Or Appmon 02?
Or another stupid subfranchise hair brained scheme?
Or finally a Digimon show with normal powerlevels?

Tamers + Frontier where kids in the real world have Digimon as stands or personas doesnt matter

That's sounds pretty awesome desu. I'm surprised this hasn't been done before.

Is Adventure 02 hate justified?

Yes go rewatch it. There are some good characters like Ken, NiggerWarGreymon, Iori's grandpa, and Oikawa. But everything is down right garbage.

just for fucking over angemon

"Gennai" is a servant of Yggdrasil, who wants to remove all links between the human world and the Digital World. It doesn't give a shit about humans so long as Digimon prosper, and it believes that humans are little more than a nuisance to that end. It hated how Homeostasis relied on children to save the Digital World, so it has a grudge against that as well.

Incidentally, both "Gennai" and "Ken" seem to be little more than avatars for whoever this is. Apparently, he can't actually materialize in the human world unless he takes on Ken's avatar, which seems to imply that that is actually literally Ken's body that he's using as a vessel.

but people are speculating he broke from Drasil and is actually on the dark oceans side

>Oikawa
Poor dude killed himself and became digiforce only to actually die with the reboot.

It's meaningless speculation considering everything the "Mysterious Man" has been doing so far has been completely in line with Yggdrasil's intentions.

or is it Yggdrasil herself could appear in the sixth movie (probably as Joe's Mysterious Gf or Poessing one of the 02 cast ala how she poessed Marcus's dad in Savers) and Wax Lyrically about what she really wants

Goddammit, anime was so much better back then. What the fuck happened?

People on /vg/ and other Digimonfag actually think Appmon is better than Adventure.
Nothing in that homoshit show comes close to this episode from Adventure.

It was only for that one episode. The animation in the rest of the show is pure ass.

Why do people ship Takeru and Hikari?

The dub.

They both were the younger kids, have the bossbuster angels and the hope and light crest are kinda related. Like patamon said in 02: they look godd together.
I guess that is why people ship them

They never exchange a single meaningful conversation or interesting interaction in the entire three shows so far. I mean, they talk, but it's all just generic noise. Even in the Dark World episode, while it does initially feel like there's something actually meaningful happening, it's like Takeru and Hikari never really manage to understand each other. It's like they're on completely different wavelengths. Takeru's feelings are strong, but it always feels like Hikari's somewhere else. Also, it was all pretty one-sided, where Takeru was constantly trying to reach out to Hikaru, but only barely manages to close the distance very slightly, and even then, Miyako achieves more later on than he ever did. Though even that fails to amount to anything since Hikari barely says ANYTHING worthwhile in 02 anyway.

The one single conversation Hikari's ever had with Jou was more meaningful than anything she's ever said to Takeru.

Too bad that whole "angel" thing stopped being worthwhile.

And Hikari's getting a dragon so, yeah.

How come Frontier and Appmon didn't have imoutos?

Because the love between brothers is stronger than different sex siblings.

We sort of got a sequel with Runaway Locomon. But I don't think that movie is considered canon.

It's not. Konaka was not involved and ret con it. Happy endings are a moral slander to God.

Well, if Toei decided to make a sequel without Konaka's involvement, it's not like there'd be anything he could do about it. The ones who own Tamers is Toei, not Konaka.

He is involved with the new audio CD drama.
If a sequel ever happens, it is possible that Toei will bring him on board and if they feel that they could get some Jew coins from killing of the mains, it will happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=8fDdK1T_oDM
The dub was precious

Holy fuck

Part of me wants a Tamers sequel, but then I see tri. and I wonder if that won't retroactively take a dump on Tamers.

>retcons majority of the 02 garbage
>plays by the rules of adventure 01
>ties up a bunch of loose ends (previous chosen children/dark sea)
>gives Taichi a bitch to fuck other than his little sister/agumon
wtf I love Tri now

And Meiko is getting an angel. How ironic

Did you see Big O Season 2?
Expect the same shit.

Is Savers good? I've been hearing good things about it lately

Kazuya Nakai and Rie Kugimiya being in the main cast is a huge plus for me atm

What can you do? I guess after seeing Wargreymon, Hikari decided she wanted a dragon too.

Ask namco bandai.They are the main investors.Basically the designers make the characters and digimon which are turned into merchandise by namco bandai at the same time that they develop the anime.
This franchise is much like yugioh,beyblade in that sense

I liked it. But some anons don't. It's like Tamers lite IMO.

I found Masaru more entertaining than Takato.

I wanted to fuck Takato more, but I agree he is more entertaining. However, the same cannot be said for everyone else. Fucking Lalamon and Falcomon were more entertaining than their humans, and Gaomon and Toma were boring as fuck.

Toma's greatest contribution was sending Masaru into a pure, blind rage. Shinegreymon Ruin Mode was the most satisfying Obligatory Self Destruct in the franchise.

I liked Tohma's backstory and in the episodes against BioLotusmon and LordKnightmon. Gaomon was really adorable the whole series, especially in the last ep. Only Yoshino was weak in characterization and development.

Overall Savers had that adventurous feel that the original series had at one point, especially in the Royal Knights arc. Those episodes were fucking great. Another thing I loved about Savers was the almost absolute lack of filler after episode 14.

Yeah it was very story driven. Savers had that going for it. Very rare in Digimon. I liked Appmon but the story kept fucking meandering. We had filler shit even into 40's.

But yes Toma is a good character, but he is boring, never forget that.

Question, is he a overemotional beta MC a la Shinji Ikari?

>kind of saw S1 of Digimon in middle school
>As an adult watch it to see what the fuck it was all about
>first 3/4 of the season where they fuck about in the digital world was meh
>last quarter back in Tokyo was actually full of feels and quality television

Never got around to watching the rest. That is all I have to add to this conversation.

This is not a conversation.
This is a general without a name because OP is a faggot.
Kinda tired of people who think their fucking unput matters at all.
I don't care if you saw half of season 1 fag

Savers was pretty good and Kurata is one of the best villains in the franchise.
His defeat was satisfying as fuck

I think Savers is the only season that there's no real general consensus on. Opinions on it are all over the place.

Yes. He gives up saving the world because his "friend" turns out to be something else entirely. He only does shit because he wants to save said "friend."
And unlike Shinji, he'll never move on from his "friend," absolutely never.

Most of the negative opinions came from spics and their out-of-proportions nostalgia bias. The evidence's all over Youtube comments ("BUH MUH ORIGINAL AGEMUN"

They hate it only because of Agumon and Rosemon being there. They also judge it based on its poor quality dub.

Funny since that dub has the least amount of forced fucking jokes inserted.

Speaking of Savers, i love the shinka sequences, best in the whole franchise imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwRJbs0Y3Fs

Spics are unable to comprehend that Digimon have branched evolution lines. They're stuck with the Pokémon style. Hence why they can't accept Agumon evolving into a different Pokémon or the fact both Lalamon and Palmon can evolve into Rosemon.

Are you sure it's spics? Most of the people I know that hate the divergent branches are pasty burgers.
The spics I know loved XW and Appmon.

>spics on digimon savers
What?. Pretty sure Savers aired here way after Digimon went into niche terriory, i remember back in frontier was already fading away. I dont even know if most people watched it

>people raised on dubbed anime are posting in this thread RIGHT NOW

I'm going by what I read on youtube comments, twitter, etc

Most of the shitload Savers get is b/c of spics and their HUGE nostalgia bias.

Here's some shitposts from YT:

"NO NO NO WHY IS GALLANTMON BAD IN THIS SERIES? SO WHERE IS TAKATO AGAIN? CAUSE THEY NEED TO BE MERGED"

"Rosemon is Mimi's partner! She's the beautiful lady of purity! fuck this clone"

"Digimon stopped being good after 02, all these humans merging into digimon and others becoming machines I mean I missed when Greymon evolved into something beautiful and not this transformers ripoff"

Just a sample.

They are canon lovers now.

They are about as canon as these two.

So 100% without a doubt canon?

Yes.

I want to kill and feed AIDS cat to Meiko and then rape her ontop of the vomit pile she makes after trying to ingest it.

exhentai.org/g/1125257/db0e1ccc5d/

based

Oikawa was really the villain with the purest intention that Digimon ever had. His death wasn't deserved instead he should be alive with his digimon and played together.

Nigga wasn't even a villain. Vamdemon was controlling him. He had no fucking control of his action.
He was tragic villain that got dealt a shitty hand. He showed his true colors when he unselfishly sacrificed himself for the sake of the Digital World. But agreed, he deserved way better.

Goddamn Iori was so fucking shit despite being connected to good characters.

His action was 100% from him. Vamdemon just gave that poor man a false hope. His intention was only to have a fucking digimon for himself and the other children.

Gennai you have to fight Yggi's mind control.

Who else here think that Gennai will pull an Oikawa?

I don't think it's really Gennai. I think both Homeostasis and Yggdrasil just happen to have identical looking servants.

>gives Taichi a bitch to fuck other than his little sister/agumon
Thats a downside

The guy morphed into the Digimon Kaiser before, I don't believe Gennai's his real form either. Then again Piemon put that black ball in the real one so who knows.

The Ken form was explicitly something that he needs in order to operate in the Human World. For some reason, he can't exist as Gennai in the Human World.

That's actually a clue. After all, Gennai could appear in the Human World just fine in 02.

The only one for Taichi is his imouto you filthy pleb.