Sword Art Online Alicization

How well do you think A-1 will handle adapting the prologue to Alicization? Will they split it up to multiple episodes or try to cram it all into episode 1? Which is the better idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HOoIzDbhsBI
animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-01/sword-art-online-ordinal-scale-film-earns-4.3-billion-yen-worldwide/.122112
someanithing.com/8238
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>boyfriend both inside sao and in real world
Wat

An episode 0 like UBW.

13 episodes dedicated to cutting tree.

That actually sounds like a great idea. With 48 minutes I think you could fit most of the important details into an episode 0.

1 hours special

Should episode 0 only consist of the childhood or the entire prologue itself.

I remember reading that for the first time and it was unusual with all these new characters and setting at the beginning.

Which Hollow game has more content and playtime?

Childhood only, a 1 hour episode 0 with childhood only would confuse the shit out of people and I love that

Should episode 0 be double length then I think you could fit the entire prologue in there without fucking it up.

As for the Hollow games, I think Hollow Realization has the most content out off all the SAO games so far.

If the first episode, double length or not, be only the childhood stuff then the reactions from the anime only watchers would be hilarious. I can already see people theorize about Kirito's childhood and asking what happened to Sugu. I would savor every moment of it.

Prologue I isn't long enough for a 45 minute episode, they wouldn't want to confuse people too much anyway. I'll settle for episode 0 ending with Kirito dying.

It would be brilliant.

Out of all of them, what's the best gameplay wise?

It's only a week before the next episode anyway, and I think that was what Kawahara was going for when he wrote that part. Adapting the childhood in one episode would be faithful to what was intended in the LNs.

In my opinion, Hollow Realization has the best gameplay of the series. It's very pseudo-MMO like and it's combat system is pretty damn fun once you unlock a good amount of sword skills.

youtube.com/watch?v=HOoIzDbhsBI
Old IGN footage but you get what the combat is like.

I think most SAO is adapted quite well (In the good and bad stuff). so i think they'll do it good enough.

I bet there are girls in SAOverse who argue that VR sex isn't cheating and doesn't count.

>mfw new OSTs
Maximum hype.

I know the Vita version has bad performance, is it playable though?

The solution is obvious. Do what UBW did and have an hour-long episode one.

Not really. Having bad framerate will fuck up your SSC timing (the combo system which is essential during end game).
Honestly I watched some Vita gameplay and it amazes me how some people have the patience to keep up with that shit.

I do play fine, can't imagine how it was at release.
Graphics are far worse than PS4 though

I watched some gameplay videos and it's slower than the other version.

Graphics don't matter that much as long as it's playable.

I think I'll start with Hollow Fragment since it's the first game story-wise.

Be careful of the Vita versions translation. They fixed it for PS4 to actually be understandable, but i dont know if they patched it for Vita.

I think they patched it, I saw a post sometime ago.

Full translation of V18 when?

Progressive adaptation when though?

If there's one thing I love about the video game timeline is that Yuuki gets to live, That alone sold me on the games. If you love her then you owe it to yourself to play them.

Most likely in several years since it's only around floor 10.

After the Alicization anime there's:

>perhaps another movie
>main series final arc
>Progressive

How does Kirito react to Yuuki being better at swordfights?

Mostly the same as the anime as I recall. Kirito being in awe of her skills. Honestly Kirito and Yuuki have a very nice sibling-ish dynamic in the games. It's pretty heartwarming desu.

Is Alice arc suppose to be the best ARC? To novel readers

Mostly yeah, although quality does drop a bit on second half, if you have seen the pasta floating around anywhere that would tell why.

Yeah pretty much. It's also the longest arc so I'm worried that A-1 might be stupid enough to try and adapt it all into one season.

It could work if it has around 40 episodes.

Are 24 episodes not enough for one arc? How long is it?

looong

IIRC all of SAO so far is eight volumes and this is ten.

If we count the Alicization side story volumes, the arc is 12 volumes long. For some perspective, SAO seasons 1 and 2 covered Volumes 1-8. So we basically need 3 full seasons if A-1 want to adapt the side stuff too.

I don't think they'll make another 2 seasons of SAO, so I'm expecting one season of rushed content.

or maybe we get a cliff hanger or something

>I don't think they'll make another two seasons of their biggest cash cow

Cmon lad, they're even animating the GGO spinoff.

Oh, and a movie after that, some years later to top it off.

Uh you do realize this is SAO right? No matter what kind of shit they produce it will sell.

If a spinoff manga can get adapted, SAO S3 can be 48 episodes. Alice, Eugeo, Lux, LLEEN, and Pitohui can get in the games, so I think A-1 knows this shit will make money.

It goes to the shitter in the latter half, so it's not that much better. It also still suffers from Kawahara's lesser tendencies. If you expect something that blows away what has come so far, then you're shit out of luck.

Why wouldn't they? A-1 should want to milk SAO for all it's worth so not rushing the Alicization arc is the best decision to make money wise.

Will the madmen be mad enough to make a 50 episodes long season or wait two years after doing the first half of the arc?

I just want to say that I am seriously hyped for SAO s3. I haven't been as excited for an anime in years. Alicezation is the best part of SAO.

I honestly thought it was declining, I don't really follow the franchise.

>declining
the movie was a big hit, it seems this train isn't stopping anytime soon

animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-10-01/sword-art-online-ordinal-scale-film-earns-4.3-billion-yen-worldwide/.122112

Bow down to your new anime overlords.

I think you may have thought that way because there wasn't much talk about SAO until Ordinal Scale which came 3 years after season 2. The SAO hype train has restarted and will keep going strong with Alicization.

>50 episodes long season
Goddamn when was the last time we had one of those? Also 50 straight weeks of Alicization would be an absolute dream.

I wasn't the biggest fan of SAO at first, but the more I watch this series the hype it makes me. When I saw the first Alicization PV it legit got my blood pumping and got me really hyped for it already. Is this Stockholm Syndrome?

*the more hype it makes me

Enjoy the games user. Some of the character interactions in them are pretty gold.

First half is great all around and the second half's server invasion is the only problem. The main villain works and even then the cleric and korean player scene was worth it. The other players can fuck off though.

It would be divine.

>mfw a few lines of text and a soundtrack is enough to make you hype

S3 should premiere early next year.

I will, I look forward to more of Zekken.

Well they have their reason for naming it "Project Alicization" instead of Sword Art Online III. This makes producing multiple seasons under the same surname easy.

Alicezation is a legitimately good story. I can see a lot of people getting into SAO even if they hated the first 2 seasons.

The only pity is that none of the new girls are particularly enticing. But perhaps that is a good thing, because it lets previous girls remain active.

>Alice
>Quinella

I agree on Alicization being a good story though.

The movie fights were fucking good, I hope they continue that trend. Kind of a shame the final fight is orchestra instead of a song though, it's fitting and still hype but vocals never failed to make me cum.
Other aspects I have no hope A-1 will be able to do Reki's prose justice.

Does SAO ever get good?

Alice looks so fuckable. Even more so than Asuna or Sugu for some reason. No wonder the villain tried to rape her.

It was good this whole time.

He really does look like a girl in those illustrations.

the best girl

It was always good, and it gets even better when this angel is on screen.

the h doujin spelled it out well.

>19,599 DVD Sales
>89,056 BD Sales
>All in first week
Source: someanithing.com/8238

>89,056 BD Sales
>solid 30k above F/Z sales at peak
What in the actual fuck, Nips really do love SAO.

What's up with Eugeo? What's his deal? I don't care for spoilers.

Why do guys always turn out to be the best girls?

Guys turn out the best girls which is why so many people like tomboys. It also explains why girls wouldn't be good guys, example inludes tomgirls.

You don't care for spoilers? Then why would you ask for them? Clearly, you care about them.

I know what you really meant, just pointing out the mistake. I don't really know the spoilers myself.

Childhood friend(male).

Sorry fampai, I'm just tired.
Interesting. Care to explain?

So then let us begin, with LIGHT! Then program nonsense, then accelerated population simulation, then kirito fighting off LC with an umbrella, then BAM Eugeo.

Long story, Eugeo is kiritos childhood friend/training partner while in the underworld(the 'game' alicization takes place in). Him and kirito are tasked at a young age to do the immpossible, cut down a skyscraper sized and thick tree, that has prevented the village they are in from expanding their crops further because magic and/or actually agricultural bullshit.

One day their other childhood friend, alice, goes missing and the two young kids go out to find her! After a while they find her in a cave far outside the village, surrounded by goblins. Kirito goes full blackswordsmen on those mother fuckers! and gets his shit pushed in because he is a little kid in a game which effectivly makes his 'level' -1.

Bullshit happens, they find a neat blue sword, kill all the gobos, and go back to the village and live happily ever after! (The sword is some legendary item too and from then on the two use it to cut down the tree instead of their axe(WHICH ACTUALLY FUCKING WORKS BETTER))

Just kidding, Shit hits the fan soon after, alice gets 'kidnapped' again and sent off to the capitol. Eugeo and kirito cut down the giant fucking tree with their new sword and kirito takes a branch with him to be later made into his own legendary sword.

From their the two join a military sword arts / magic academy and get into all kinds of nonsense as well as build a new harem of fuckable npcs.

And thats just the begining, once the magic knights and cardinal shows up shit gets real crazy real fast

He's Kirito's childhood friend, and he's male.

That actually sounds pretty great. I'm gonna read the LNs then. Which volume does Alicization starts in?

Starts on vol9 and all things considered for SAO, its the best so far I still like mothers rosario more fuck the haters And almost all the magic knight fights are entertaining as all hell. The final god battle is cute too.

,599 DVD Sales
,056 BD Sales
>>All in first week
Shit me, that's like twice the amount F/Zero sold in the first week which was the highest selling for the first week I believe.

Sounds good, I have the time today so I'll do that now.

user, you got your facts messed up. It's Alice's sister that goes missing in the cave with goblins. Alice is already gone by then.

SAO always has been king in japan and a worldwide hit outside of it.

A reminder that Kimi no na wa sold 400K+ in its first week in dvd /bd.

Ah my bad, I read those chapters when the first came out on the web novel way back when. Honestly im surprised i got as much right as i did without rereading.

I think the prospect of banging a hot knight helps make Alice really fuckable.

Kimi no na wa also broke multiple records. It's a monster in itself.

Why is Sugu's body so perfect?

Yeah I kind of gathered. It's pretty unfair to compare these two.

>none of the new girls are particularly enticing
You fucking wot mate? I can already see Alice becoming one of the most popular characters in the whole show. She'll also probably be subjected to Saber shitposting though.

That battle against the 100th floor boss was pure fanservice and it was amazing.

>that Mother's Rosario with Yuuki
>followed up by good ol' signature dual blade skill of Kirito
It's just beautiful.

That got me misty eyed. It was honestly the best moment in that fight.

Would you relax on these pillows?

I would and then get thrown away knowing you're a fat fuck.

t.Chudelkin

>finds the cheat codes to the world
> still has to die

Was it bullshit?

I think the only way it could've been better is if Asuna and Kirito had screamed out Mother's Rosario and Starburst Stream respectively at the top of their lungs. I know some wouldn't be a fan but for me attack names always make me even more hype.

Those look soft. Too bad admii-chan is too old and cunning, she'd probably manipulate me into doing her bidding.

Man the insert songs really are amazing in the movie. It's awesome to think that there's only been a few roles that Yuuna's VA played even though she is familiar with singing and a bit of acting.