In Oulu? Downtown full of sandnigs.

it's a comfy city

terrible goaltending

nope

Ootsä ikinä käyny Valkean muurissa? Seo täynnä juoppoja ja mamuja

mfw

>bungaposters from Lapland confirmed

shogun ii overhaul mod when? dont even have to change the units

Rask is from Tampere. Rinne is from Oulu.

>what can I expect?
To kill yourself after the first week. Should’ve moved to Hesa, 2bh.

Do not expect, in any shape or form, the kind of restaurants you are used to from the US. Finnish people don't really go out, and if they do they get hammered and pee themselves.

Not true at all. Most people just pee on the streets after getting thrown or staggering out from a restaurant.

Out of the 200k people living here, about 30k are students. It's also the drug capital of the north. This is an interesting mix.

But the rest is true though.

Can confirm.

Fucking mosquitos in the summer and the fucking cold in the winter. Either way you will stay inside and if you're not a nolifing weeb, you'll soon have nothing to do so you will start to drink. Such is the life of a finn.

1 post by this id btw. Let the thread die.

sage

My setä lives in Tampere. His daughter gave me a blowjob behind their sauna 2 midsummer's ago.

That would make her your cousin. Was she even good looking?

Oulu is a nice place. It's filled with drug addicts and gay nigger rapists.

Pale, grey eyes, thin with a bubble butt (she's obsessed with figure skating). Has those Asian eyelids a lot of you have.

Finish food is pretty terrible desu. Apart from the Mongol throatsinging they call a language I probably wouldn't mind living in there though

better food than you and better sounding language too.

No offense bro but Finnish is a way more beautiful language than Swedish. Swedish sounds like German with down syndrome. Quite infuriating actually.

Nice

Ne ovat valkoisempia kuin sinä, Mohammad Al bin Malmöstani.

>oulu
>average temperature in August: 16-20 degrees Celsius
Yea. I would rather fucking kill myself than live there.
Man, how the fuck is there 200 000 people living in a such a shithole?

which country has more grenade attacks though

Well, it's not illegal in your country, so why not, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=FtMpm9lYep4

Nothing to do here sorry,expect drugs and drink some booze.

I get it has its charm. But 20 degrees average high in the middle of summer? That's inhumane mate.

Punching reindeer in the ass. youtube.com/watch?v=IajDae1_hAc

are you non-white or something? 20degrees on summer is fine.

Doing weird Heathen Space Elf magik: youtube.com/watch?v=O2tinqjEfqw

20 degrees is hot as shit. What are you talking about?

Losing to Estonia in the sport you invented. youtube.com/watch?v=p7IM9f16QZ4

the fuck is wrong with u

why ???

i never understand people to finland, theres like 30 countries in europe alone that are better

are you black, latino or white?

No I'am a Hungarian and white af.
20degrees on summer is absolutely not fucking fine. at all. ever. I don't get why you would live there, you are not eskimoes. Just move.
Come help us conquer Romania and we'll give you some nice warm land.

Play schizophrenic baseball. youtube.com/watch?v=yom1_q8WRck

He gärna sett bevis på det med maten faktiskt. Mina erfarenheter har varit högst mediokra...

haha okay.
>record low for oulo is august : -3
>Minus Fooooohkin Three (3) folks.

Joku vitun Oulu P-Suomessa. RIP.

WTF?!

I have tried to understand pesäpallo for years now (want to start a beer league, Hipsters would eat this shit up) and I cannot figure it out.

Only rednecks play it. It's not a game to be taken seriously. Watch hockey instead.

depression, alcohol, drugs, suicide

such is life in oulu

I cheer for Suomi every IIHF and I'm an Ässät fan.

Dont listen to neets who dont do sports. Peaäpallo is a shit ton of fun with friends, most people have trauma from it during elementary school when they were picked last.

Hockey is the way to go here, dont give in to finnish soccer. It's hilarious

its a fuukin great sport, a lot of fun hype times. Only outside hockey is nicer

above 25 celsius is not comfortable

>ässät fan

Pori is the literal white trash capital of Finland. If you speak ebglish after 9pm, people will turn hostile as fuck against you, after midnight they will attack you at torihese

>fun with friends
>friends
>Finland
Error

Eh, the only Ilves game I went to at jäähalli in my life was against Pori. The fans were as amusing as the game. (täytyy harjoitella enemmän suomen kieltä.)

It was -20°C yesterday and I didn't even wear a hat. +20°C really is hot. If it goes above 25 old people start dying from the heat. Not even joking.

bingols took threada over

youtube.com/watch?v=ytiiSaps0IE

The chances are you wont make many, friend, if that's your attitude. We'll see you only as an american, that's what you are. No one will see you as a finn, Sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=hFCixLn9qRw

i had -36 just north of Kajaani.
was /comfy/ as fuck.

i agree

No, I know I'm an American and that's all I am. I'll just drink kossu with my setä.

>It was -20°C yesterday and I didn't even wear a hat

wow what a badass, how did your mom let you go out without hat?

Flight attendant I know is from that town. Hot babe but kind of autistic.

oulu us quite nice, though the depressing mood of finland is very real

i saw a guy in shorts and t-shirt yesterday in -16

i think this is a bad trend, people think they are hard motherfuckers for pretending they r not freezing

I love it when it's 30. My house has AC set on my bedroom so it's nice and chill so I dont die of heatstroke during nights though

i was thinking one day about what it was like for all those thousands of years before any trade, medicine or electrically warmed houses

it's not possible to emerge from this without being severely autistic depressing people, I'm surprised fingol have adapted even remotely to being middle of the pack eu country

DOES ANYONE KNOW AN OLD AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR IN LAPLAND NAMED TEEMU?
He and I regularly had chats on Saturday chat and always drunk. I have not heard him in 2 weeks. I hope he is okay.

he probably suicide

when has it ever been 30

I know how it sounds but I just had a haircut and had to be in a meeting so I didn't want to mess it up

>of finland
like in norway

:( He always seemed happy.

dont lie in the internet you have a job

Drink ES all dei erry dei! :DDDddd

It's been 30 or near that during plenty of summers. If I recall correctly, especially
2012 and 2014 summers were hell in the south

then he didnt suicide

i have good jerb umad

Depending on what part of the U.S. OP is posting from, he might be totally used to all that.

What don't you understand? The rules aren't that complicated really. Just look up how you draw the field and the rest should be quite easy for someone who knows how the American version works. Main difference is that you have to always hit the field and not just bat the ball as far as you can. Then the opposing team mans the field in such a manner that they can catch as many balls as possible as fast as possible. The ball is pitched upwards to allow more precise batting and tactical play.

He would always tell me a new Pekka and Jukka joke when we chatted.

the further south you go in finland the nicer it becomes, i mean nature is great all around, but there is something that just feels off up north. like when you visit border towns, you walk in ti the store and you immediately is met with some dead eyes, dead faces, dead silence and people who looks like they want to kill themselves. we don't have THAT in norway

Not all of us are neets. Nevertheless, the meeting wasn't job related per se.

yes you have

mm, i dont rly know i live in hki, i been to oulu and above less than 10 times. Dead silence and poker face is kind of the default though, i wouldn't take that as a bad sign. I'm a cheery person but dead fish face is genetically predisposed 100%

lmfao summer here in Arkansas routinely gets into 95-100F (35-40C) with 80-90% humidity and I work on the highways with no shade 8 hours a day.

>with 80-90% humidity

Literally no shit its probably exactly like sitting in a ramped up sauna for 4 months. Literally just sitting outside on your shaded porch will make you soaking wet from sweat in a matter of a minute or two.

Sounds like a heat stroke just waiting to happen

if youre not from here or the south in general yes, but for me as long as I drink a cup/bottle or two of water an hour while outdoors working/leisure you'll be fine.

I personally think its worse at night when youre trying to unwind on the porch and its still a sticky AF sauna and you're almost carried away by the swarms of mosquitos and other shithead bugs.

sounds like heaven desu

Tell me one that is and in what ways, otherwise why would you still live here?

>Tell me one that is and in what ways
I don't necessarily mean objectively better, but better fit for an american
>Tell me one
- italy
- spain
- greece
- germany
- france
- ireland

>otherwise why would you still live here?
because it's my home and i'm not as comfortable in other places

>italy=niggers
>spain=niggers
>greece=niggers
>germany=even more niggers
>france=more niggers
>ireland=no niggers but you get beat up at the bar every weekend

And all of the above are shit in general compared to finland

well thats just wrong

>German with down syndrome.
That's Dutch. Swedish doesn't sound anything like German.