Arguments Supporting Voter ID Laws

Hey guys

My class is having a debate tomorrow over voter IDs, specifically in Texas. Can you give me good arguments to rebuke claims from the others about them being discriminatory and unnecessary. Is there any tangible evidence of voter fraud or stealing elections I can point to.within the state or nation that IDs would prevent? I want hard facts, not something they would use to label me as a conspiracy theorist.

Thanks

Pic not really related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE
youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mexico even has voter id cards!

I think most democratic countries do

>debate tommorow
>hey guys can you spoonfeed some points i agree with but know nothing about
no

Voting should be limited in every single way possible.

If this is all we have so be it

If you're so worried about Russians hacking the election, Voter ID would actually help

>underage, b&.

Tell them this country was founded on the principle of elite democracy. We should limit who decides the policy of the country to the best and brightest. To allow for this, you must be male, white, and own property independent of government assistance. If you're so in competent that you cannot acquire a simple government ID to allow you to vote, then we do not need your input.

What reason is there NOT to have voter ID? Beg the question

The most damaging cases of voter fraud come from people who control the polls. I could challenge every black person trying to vote for proof of where they live. I wouldn't be a pollster after that, but sometimes rigging one election is enough. If a black person has an ID, I can't turn them away.

Voter ID & Paper ballot. Simple go old school. Both prevents Russian interference

Go further than ID laws
>litmus tests
>only employed get to vote
>only land owners get to vote
Then you can "settle"for simple ID laws

Tell them 10000 Russians voted illegally last year

Make the case that the US is outdated as other first world countries have voter ID. And tackle that with the "muh Russia" narrative to make it more important to do so this day and age. Also enjoy your ban

It's a college class

Just about everything other regulated thing in your life requires an id check: driving, getting a gun, buying alcohol it cigarettes, registering for anything. People are expected to have ids to verify mundane tasks but when it comes to proving who they are to vote it suddenly becomes discriminatory? Please. What's discrimination is libshits thinking minirities are too stupid or poor to get an ID. What they really want is for illegals to vote.
Check your states ID laws to see how expensive it is to get an ID. Having to go to a DMV for 3 hours is not an undue burden for receiving proof of citizenship

well first of all we do not want foreigners fucking with our elections. thats basic.

also you can argue that making the assumption that people would not be able to get an id or would have a harder time getting an id is a completely racist and ignorant thing to say.

then add that voter id laws would actually protect the wages and rights of the less fortunate as illegals wouldnt be able to come in and undercut their wages and then cancel out their votes.

ask them if they believe in equality and then present id as a base equality. everyone who wants to vote must put forth the equal effort and $10 to get an id.

I would rail against all forms of Identification and decry the racism of the school for requiring student id's and start shouting about the teacher being racist and how you're going to sue.

Yeah, claim that it doesn't discriminate against anyone and current laws require people to have a form of PhotoID on them at all times anyway.
Claim it's not discriminatory and that you are appalled at their racism of insinuating other minority groups are too stupid or poor to follow the same laws.

You can also bring up gun laws, 2nd amendment is a right but people have no problem increasing that barrier to entry with photo ID, proof of residency, full background check, etc... Yet you can't even verify someone is a legal US citizen in order to vote?

also show them this video

youtube.com/watch?v=odB1wWPqSlE

and of course get all the "minorities" on your side by telling them the school is oppressing them by forcing them to have ID's and how the drivers license requirements are racists etc. Just go hog wild about it and get em all fired up so they destroy the class. Like planet of the apes but...in a class room.

identification is required for tobacco, alcohol,firearms,driving,banking, ECT. it's just a thinly veiled attempt to disguise voter fraud.

Very simple, ask the class how many of them are currently carrying IDs. Naturally everyone in the room will have an ID, unless they are illegal, ask them how hard it would be to pull the ID out and show you said ID.

Ask them why they think it's racist. They will say because minorities don't all have IDs, then you can ask them why they think that, when it's literally not true, there only answer will have to be they assumed minorities were either too stupid or too lazy to get IDs.

There literally isn't an argument against voter ID laws. Unless, of course, they want people who can't get IDs (illegals) to be able to vote. Now why would one party want illegals to be able to vote? Can you think of one party that could stand to gain from illegals being able to vote? The democrats?!

checked

Or go to the library for 30 minutes, and order an ID to your house online, either way it is not a difficult task, and I find it incredibly hard to believe more than .01% of adult Americans couldn't handle it.

Print out this picture, hold it up, drop mic, walk out.

Demand voter ID! Don't let the Putin and the Russians steal your vote!

You're right, I forgot most states allow online id application.
Not to mention the poor can sure as shit get out there to sign up for benefits but id? Nope, too hard

>Is there any tangible evidence of voter fraud or stealing elections I can point to.within the state or nation that IDs would prevent? I want hard facts, not something they would use to label me as a conspiracy theorist.
Point out there are still ~12 million white inhabitants of this land who are descendants of the first settlers and they are one of the heaviest armed and wealthiest ethnics in the world in an area that was born into a war against a bunch of hostile brown people come to rob them.

Bring in the chart of voting patterns by race and gender.

Ask your class if it is unreasonable to expect such a people to peacefully allow their political rights to be taken by foreign ethnics who openly come to vote in thieves.

Point out that the entire purpose of politics is to prevent human interaction from being at the level of the jungle where power does as it wills, that if politics are successfully subverted through underhanded means the opposing side will feel and be entirely justified in falling back on force as force is less dishonorable than fraud.

Texans know how to deal with our enemies who come to make war in this place, find them and kill them and keep on doing it.

If they say it’s racist ask them why they think minorities are too stupid to know how to get an ID. Then call them a bigot for assuming.

use liberal debate tactics.
accuse them of being racist for implying that black people are too stupid to get voter ids when everyone else can.

Just make sure you support the adoption of a free ID in order to avoid the argument that it is a poll tax due to drivers licenses costing money.

You wanted to learn some actual politics, pay attention.

It isn't about winning debates or word games, evidence or (((facts))) that can be cited from (((reliable))) sources.

Politics is me, you and the other 28 million people living here figuring out how to do it in relative peace, in the case of an extreme divide between multiple segments of the inhabitants conducting non-violent, but malicious, actions against other segments the 100% predictable outcome is the cessation of politics and the start overt violence, otherwise known as a state of war.

They can dress it up with whatever arguments they want, but this is what it comes down to; this is the question that determines if things stay in a state where politics are effective, or if a time comes when everyone who is actually is a Texan (and our like minded brothers from other regions) is at war with the people who are not.

Learn about the people who settled this land, I know they make you take a year of it in middle school. Texans are perfectly fine with killing godless orcs, we didn't go anywhere or die off, you fuckers just moved in and assumed this place is like the Babylonian shithole your parents grew up in and we will kill traitors first because that is how you win a war for survival, that is the fact you need to bring them.

Check out your state's ID laws.

Depending on your state you might have a law that already requires you to carry ID for your warrant check in pullovers.

In short, depending on what state you live in, it's not legal to be off of your property without carrying ID.

So compared to being legally required to have identification to walk down the street. Needing photo ID in order to decide the entire fate of a nation seems kind of minuscule.

It's like $15 every 5 or so years even in my liberal assed state. It also seems fairly reasonable for the cost associated with running the DMV as horrific as that thought is.

My local DMV has a person give out the line tickets now, so they turn down all those Vietnamese people without proper paper work at the door now, before they can get in line in front of you. Since then i've never had to be there more than 20 mins.

prevent voter fraud

Compile a list of the things you must have government ID for.

-going to court
-entering any government building
-buying alcohol
-buying a firearm
-driving on public roads
-getting on an airplane
-opening a bank account

Why is being forced to show ID to vote such a problem? Dems claim it's because inner city folks are less likely to have ID. I've worked as security in the inner city for 10 years and I've never come across someone (who wasn't lying) who didn't have an ID. Nor have I met anyone who couldn't figure out where the DMV was.

The cost of a government ID in my state is $6. Does that seem like a burdensome amount for an adult to afford?

its the gimme poverty pplw whom are the democratics

>Ares

youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

I deal with those people, daily. They have IDs. They know how to get to the DMV. They can't buy their liquor without IDs.

lazy faggot

Point out that everybody has a fucking drivers license in the US, so asking people to produce one shouldn't be a big fucking deal.

Voter IDs are mailed to everyone that registers to vote.

It's that simple. There's no "But it's hard to get an ID" argument, it's delivered to your door.
In contrast, it SPEEDS UP voting, instead of having to go through a book and find your name then hand you a ballot, you merely swipe your ID, get a ballot, and bam, you've voted. This would streamline the process to allow more people to vote, so that when there's less voting stations which is used to make it harder to vote, it goes by quicker, and therefore, more people who would be disenfranchised end up being able to vote.

-You have to show proof of ID to get a library card to access the wealth of knowledge held there, why is that not considered discrimination?

-You have to show proof of ID to purchase alcohol or tobacco products which the poor often consume the most of

-You have to verify ID to sign up for government benefits such as WIC or help programs.

it would curb election tampering as to make sure people can't bus around people to vote for them in multiple states as well as making sure people can;t use voter fruad by using dead people to vote.

Everybody gets one for free. If you need assistance in getting one, assistance will be provided free of charge.

>it would curb election tampering as to make sure people can't bus around people to vote for them in multiple states as well as making sure people can;t use voter fruad by using dead people to vote.
What do you present as proof that this is even happening in a debate though?

Hell, India has a working voter ID system for their billion plus citizens, and they can't even get people to stop shitting in the street like animals.

What’s to stop any random person on holiday turning up to vote? What if a bunch of Russians popped over to subvert the US elections? Don’t forget those pesky Russians. Not having voter ID is ridiculous. Btw WL has a hilery email somewhere discussing the importance and the latino vote and how reliant they are on it

>current law require people to have a form of photo ID on them at all times anyway
Wow, straight up factually incorrect information - nice!

>What if a bunch of Russians popped over to subvert the US elections?
How do they get into the voter rolls to even get a ballot though?

>Can you give me good arguments to rebuke claims from the others about them being discriminatory and unnecessary.
Currently there are allegations that Russia interfered in our election. Although there is no evidence of them casting ballots in this alleged interference, that does not mean it would not currently be possible. For example, the Mexican government would be able to easily interfere with our election process by sending undocumented agents into the country and having them vote illegally for a specific candidate. Without voter ID laws you cannot prevent this, and we have no way of knowing whether it is something that has happened in the past, regardless of whether it was successful or not. Without voter ID laws we cannot protect the sanctity and security of our election process.

>>only employed get to vote

no

Whether you have voted or not is a matter of public record. In other words, if you're registered to vote, and did not vote in previous elections, that is data that the Russian government freely has access to. It is possible that they could steal the identities of people that are registered to vote, but have not voted in recent years.

If someone says requiring a picture ID is racist, they are racist for thinking minorities are too dumb to get a picture ID.

I’m assuming if no one gets ID’d and people seem to be able to vote a number of times there isn’t much correlation between reality and voter rolls

why the fuck wouldn't you need an ID to vote?

literally just start with that question. I swear to you, every answer will just be some bullshit about not being "fair" to *insert racial propaganda here*.

Not expecting people to prove who they are is absolutely ridiculous, how do you know they're not casting a vote for someone who died?

Can’t have Russians interfering if you have an ID requirement for all political action.

You know how I know you're brainwashed? You use "rebuke" as if the Yu-Gi-Oh! meme card translates to a universal web language.

>need ID for foodstamps
>need ID for beer
>need ID for 17+ vidya
Omg voter ID laws is raycis, nigga. Fuck white people.

why can't we just be forced to show our drivers licenses or something

>people seem to be able to vote a number of times
This kind of thing would never fly in a debate. Weak argument, unless there's some evidence you can point to to show that people vote multiple times. I know just based on my own voting experience that while they don't ask for ID, they do ask who you are and check your name off.

Leftists think that minorities are too dumb or poor to get ID, which makes voter ID laws racist. This video accurately sums it up

How about Black Lives Matter proclaiming war against the jew and blacks being the majority employed presence in polling places due to Affirmative Action policy? What about Affirmative Action being a cop-to race relations or lack-of-them as a census based affirmative action plan would cater to the census taken as far back as the influx of blacks after Hurricane Katrina and the subsequent actions of requiring non-anonymity to write in a candidate that was not included on an outdated Voting machine? Just giving the modernist Dems a reason to protest when they have lost.

He would need to expand on his view, but it's a valid route to take. See for how he can harden his viewpoint. It is possible for a state actor to pull a list of people that are registered to vote in each precinct, but that generally never actually vote. This would allow them to avoid conflicts with other voters. Then they can have multiple people travel between precincts, perhaps only voting once in each precinct, but individually casting votes in numerous precincts. Consider the impact it would have if they had 100 people travelling and voting in every precinct by stealing the identities of other people in those precincts that rarely vote. Without voter ID laws, this is quite feasible and unlikely to be detected.

Nope, you can't have the ID be paid for at all. It will just become a poll tax in they eyes of the law too.

I meant rebut actually but I have no idea what you're talking about regarding yugioh as I've never seen the show ( and "web speak"?). It's a term going back to the bible, at least that's always what I think when I hear it

Thanks everyone else for your responses

Perfect