I thought I was progessive enough, but maybe not

I am a computer programmer, and recently I flew to San Francisco for a job interview at a fast-growing, well-funded startup in SoMa.

It was going very well. Then at one point I asked the HR girl who was showing me around, "Excuse me, do you know where the men's bathroom is?" She became incredulous, and then started laughing. "The men's bathroom? A bathroom just for men? You want the men's bathroom?" Her voice grew louder and she started looking at her friend, a guy who I think was gay. She said "The bathrooms are over there" and pointed. The bathroom had a sign which just said "Bathroom" with no gender. I went in and they had no urinals, just stalls. I took a pee, washed my hands and then a girl walked in. I walked back and there was another girl she was talking to who looked at me. I think they were talking about me.

I voted for Obama and Hillary. I am not racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic. But they think I am, maybe because I am from Iowa and am in my late 20s. I have not gotten a call back for the job. Is it so common out there to not have gendered bathrooms that I look like a total square and dinosaur to ask where the men's bathroom is? That's the last time I ever say that, from now on I am just going to ask where the bathroom is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LM_L0jfSRMw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why would you want to work with these faggots anyway OP

>I voted for Obama and Hillary. I am not racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic
thats not up to you to judge friendo
welcome aboard
enjoy the ride

The bathroom was an excuse, they refused you because you're white/male
Get with it.

Welcome to Sup Forums

I'm sure your earlier life believing that most people sought justice and fairness for all. You took our liberal and left wing friends at face value. You probably thought they were kicking up this whole storm to end rampant racism and sexism endemic to our society. That maybe white society was a lovin monument to an oppressive bygone era that needed to be phased out.

What you just experienced must have been pretty bothersome, no? Do you feel something nagging at you? Do you feel like you were wronged?

Do you feel like you were lied to?

Enjoy your stay. You're here forever.

>"Excuse me, do you know where the men's bathroom is?"

Because everyone asks where the gender specified washroom is
That happened.jpg kys

>hi, where is the men's room?
>hi, where is the ladies room?
This is common language leaf

Silicon Valley is actually secretly racist and sexist as fuck. I've worked as engineer/manager here for about 9 years in both startups and big companies, and that is the truth.

gake.
Who asks for the "men's" bathroom?

This story makes me sad. We're in trouble in the West.

I wonder how often similar policies are adopted just to free up a room.
I've worked for multiple companies that I've seen do some ridiculous penny pinching, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if this was the case.

I've seen them spend hundreds of dollars per penny saved too, just to follow somebody's idea who can't be countermanded.

>Asking for the mens' room
There's your problem. You were asking "Where's the shitter?" like a fucking beta.They probably didn't call you back because the black hole in the front of your pants would be a work hazard if they hired you.

See

They're probably just pissed that you didn't bring any hospitality corn.

>HR girl
This should have been all the evidence you need to know the job was shitty.

OP said "men's bathroom".

Sometimes the bathrooms are in different places you stupid fuck.

I dont know about all that, but last month i visited my friend at his office working for a popular app, in downtwn SF. They literally had cardboard cutouts of Merkel and Teudeau decorating the office so fuck me i guess.

Subtle.

A storm is coming

>I voted for Obama and Hillary. I am not racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic.

boring bait. try harder to entertain me next time ...

explain

>"Excuse me, do you know where the men's bathroom is?"
no one says this, actually.. no one ever specifies gender when asking directions for the toilet. Mens and Ladies rooms are always situated next to each other, so any normal, sane person simply asks "excuse me, where's the bathroom/toilet?" etc.

in other words: OP is lying.

who whudda thunk

Well fuck me... Now I'm gonna see that every time I look at a keyboard

>startup
>having enough money for gendered bathrooms

I think she was laughing that you though there was a whole bathroom just for dudes.

You did look like a dino. A corporate dino who probably expects a retirement plan and consistent pay.

One might ask for the Men's/Ladies room out of discretion, or the the little boys/girls room in an informal situation.

>anecdotes
youre a petersontranny. patent pending. fund my patreon

>dino

true, but.. really? a 20something year old in 2018?

I might use the term "men's room" etc, but I'm 42. I've never heard anyone younger than mid 30's use it, it's archaic.

>petersontranny
lolwut

There are are large number of libertarians in SV who think meritocracy and freedom go hand in hand. They think that their financial success is the result of talent and hard work. So when women / non-whites/asians don't do as well it is actually these people's fault and it is their personal failures instead of some systemic failure. At least that is the impression I get.

agree, just sayin'.

Are you fucking retarded? Go back to your genderless drum circle you stupid faggot. We say men's and women's washroom here you dumb dyke. The fact that you are pretending it isn't normal in Canada makes me want to stab you in the genitals. I hate you dumbfucks.

>I voted for Obama and Hillary. I am not racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic

Then why are you here?

Also I work in the bay area. We don't have faggot specified bathrooms. You shit in your gender specified bathroom. Maybe that happens at those retarded "techie" app companies, but not in real industry here.

It’s called a restroom, fag.

At my school they pulled out the urinals but didn't add any stalls to make the bathroom genderless.

Now i piss on the toilet seats in protest.

it will never be enough for them. you will never be good enough for them because you are a male, i presume white. they will force you to dig your own grave and lie down in it. equality is a myth, they want superiority.

>I might use the term "men's room" etc, but I'm 42. I've never heard anyone younger than mid 30's use it, it's archaic.

Well this is my whole point.

Also

>Not drydocking and clogging the shitter on your visit

Is that a tranny?

Pointing out the obvious.

I concur, burgerbro.
that would mean OP is kinda autistic.. oh, wait. Yeah, you're right.

Maze or candy korn. This more appropriate!

yea ur not getting the job lol, while you were being respectful, that was a chance for you to virtue signal, catch up with th etimes gramps!

Why would you even specify? They're always right next to eachother.

None of this happened

This.
OP, (you) don't understand. Everything you were taught, is wrong.
It's not about what you do. It's about what you are.

They don't hate you because they think you're racist. They hate you because you're male, white, straight, or any combination. Welcome to club, pamphlets are to your left, and enjoy you're stay. You can never leave. You're a fucking white male, after all. You nazi.
Make us proud.

This mirrors my own experience, its really only the biggest firms making billions that can afford to virtue signal regardless of performance, they just happen to be the same firms who make headlines.

Seriously why is it fuckin leafs every fuckin time

Really? We usually just say:
>Oi where's the dunnie cunt?

You yankies sure do thing strange....

This shit is happening all over the country.

Troll post or not, the above story does actually happen

I actually went to college in san francisco, for relevance. But many places around the US have the men's restrooms and women's restrooms in different locations from each other. Hell, sometimes they're on separate floors.

I misread what you wrote, and thought you meant as the figure showing the restroom sex, and thought that that would be hilarious.
Merkel for women, Trudeau for men, just associating them with the shitter would be a golden bit of psychology fun.

That why this uni sex bathroom stuff worries me. There is no groundswell of public support behind this, it was forced on people to humiliate them

The kind of racism/sexism I am talking about doesn't give a fuck about cultural issues or gay or trans people. It's more akin to secretly believing in unspoken stereotypes about women or black or brown people and then letting those beliefs influence your actions. Almost no one here is religious and no one gives a fuck about gender-neutral bathrooms either way.

I sure hope so.

You don't understand, diversity is anti-white.
youtube.com/watch?v=LM_L0jfSRMw
What Enoch says here, is 100% the unfiltered truth, learn it and understand it.

>I voted for Obama and Hillary. I am not racist, sexist, homophobic or transphobic.
You voted for this faggotry, you dumbfuck. Why did you make this post? You got exactly what you asked for. KYS.
Sage this retardation.

Welcome to the liberal uptopia. It doesn't include you, even if you thought you were liberal. Unless you cut off your dick and get breast implants, and die your skin dark.

The way to fight this is to walk out of the stall with your dick hanging out like you can't get it back into your pants. Also don't close stall when using toilet.

I voted for Obama and Hillary. FU LOSER!

This.
If you're a man and ask for the bathroom, they'll give you the directions for the men's bathroom. You don't need to specify the gender - they can see you and figure it out.
Are you guys all transfags on here?

If I find a bathroom like that I'm going to shit in the sink and piss on all the toilet paper. Who are they to tell me that's not the right way?

Made up story possibly by russian shills

You sicken me