WTF is up with the "gay voice"?

I've noticed so many guys around my college, gay and straight, with these high pitched, tenor voices. Not only that, but their enunciation of words is so feminine. It seems unnatural to me. Like it's forced or something. And it doesn't seem to bother anybody, and people look at me wird when I mention it. Is this a recent thing? What causes it? Is it normal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IqD7WQ8hWnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've noticed this too. It used to be that only gay guys had the "gay voice", now even effeminate straight men have it. It happened to a former friend of mine, who I've known for 10 years. I know he loves pussy, but he talks like a total faggot.

I think it's partly single moms. You imitate your parents as you grow up, especially their mannerisms. If your father isn't around, you imitate your mother's mannerisms, which will make you end up with mannerisms that are normal for a girl yet effeminate when you do them

Maybe everyone is sick and their throats are stressed and its not from gargling cocks like a total faggot!

Does soy do this to people?

my spider sense says to me the minute i hear that faggot nasal voice that the person with it is acting a part. they dont even know who the fuck they are. i have zero interest in people like that and avoid them if i can. if i have an opportunity to sabotage a person like that i would do so.

Lack of testosterone

I was wondering this too! Any Sup Forumsfags who can enlighten us on this? What is even the point..

I've noticed this as well. On the other end of the spectrum, I've also noticed black boys artificially lowering the pitch of their voice, in an effort to sound more macho.

it's a symptom of a broad sweeping cultural change. today's youth are the generation raised by single mothers, this is the result.

my teacher(s) used to reprimand me when I started speaking with too much bass in my voice towards the beginning of puberty during the tail end of middle school so I would kind of force myself to speak with a more nasally tone

i am white and went to a very """"multicultural"""" school in an urban area, in fact I was probably one of only a handful of white kids there. as an adult my voice is still somewhat nasally but it gets very deep and booming as I become uninhibited while drinking

middle school teachers, mostly white females, seem to have psyopsing white males to talk like fags since at least the early 90s it seems

i wish I was just memeing but I'm not

Overbites

This

soy my friend. I used to drink soy milk because that's all my mom bought, and started developing gyno and my voice was becoming raspy as a teenager. And yeah going through puberty that happens, but to me I sounded like a lesbian. I did grow a beard quicker that everybody else but doctor believes it was because my test levels where compensating for the exogenous estrogen from the soy milk. Doctor said my estrogen was through the roof, and also weight went up to 225 Lbs. I was about 17 and the doctor put me on arimidex (anti estrogen) because estrogen literally was fucking up my hormones.

Feminine soyboy beta-male cucked to shit faggots.

This is a side effect of getting fucked in the ass. You naturally begin to speak like a faggot, once you become one. Not rocket science by any stretch.

I live/d with my mum and my step dad, I don't know if there is any correlation between that and this, but I often get remarks made about me in game voice chats and how I sound gay and stuff and I am now suicidal.

>my teacher(s) used to reprimand me when I started speaking with too much bass in my voice towards the beginning of puberty during the tail end of middle school so I would kind of force myself to speak with a more nasally tone
you are either:
A. full of fucking shit
or
B. retarded for not reporting your teacher(s) if this is true, that is unironically abuse. teachers aren't invincible and a determined, pissed off parent can rip them a new asshole

that's pretty messed up. Why is it teachers business to dictate what voice you're using when you speak? If some girl had a squeaky annoying voice, would she tell her not to speak like that? I know the answer.

>my teacher(s) used to reprimand me when I started speaking with too much bass in my voice

And I thought it was retarded when they forced me to be righthanded.

Bullshit, I have an overbite. But I speak like Clint Eastwood.

Here is a podcast of two straight men. Notice anything?

youtube.com/watch?v=IqD7WQ8hWnA

they're called fags user

I'm inclined to believe him because I had a teacher who saw it as her duty to make me talk in the god awful dialect of the place we'd moved to (within sweden). It's a regional dialect that sounds like you're trying to take a shit while speaking. I spoke normal swedish and "didn't fit in".

My parents had several talks with this fucking witch of a woman to no avail. There was more bullshit too, she was like the evil stepmother in fairytales honestly. Unbelievable.

Talking fast makes you sound gay/effeminate. Slow 'er down fellas. Don't get over excited. Measure your words.

I'm glad someone said something. I'm starting to feel like Clint Eastwood or John Wayne for talking like a normal hetro man did in the 1990s.

AND IT REALLY BUGS ME WHEN THEY SPEAK! I have to turn off commercials and shit.

It's not normal. Gay people use it as a "tell" for each other, as well as giving the appearance of being more feminine.

If they're "straight" that's even worse, means that they don't embrace traditional masculinity and might be closet homos anyway.

Low T, it's fucking sad.

I cant help but talk fast I'm from the northeast. I get on the phone at work with people from different parts of the country, and sometimes they are taken aback by my directness and speed

Those are two women discussing a video game with slightly pitch-shifted audio and no one in this thread can convince me otherwise.

I live in Toronto so about one in every three guys has this voice. As much as it grates on my ears it also makes it a lot easier for guys with deeper voices and assertive personalities to stand out.

Why do you and your german neighbors have like 500 different dialects, it makes the language difficult to learn (sigh)

Low testosterone doesn't allow for the growth of one's voice to grow to its full extent

Maybe.
I notice I yell and argue like my dad. It throws me off sometimes. Hes a good guy though.

I bet you've been noticing them

It's natural for an individual to notice aspects in those around them that appeal to them sexually

"But soy is fine there are no studies to support that"

>Why do you and your german neighbors have like 500 different dialects, it makes the language difficult to learn (sigh)

Once you have more than a few hundred years of history that tends to happen.

Most of Europe has been torn one way or another in periods. You can look at linguistic maps and see the remnants of when a region belonged to one country or another. The UK should be the most salient example for you, where you can see the separation between the kingdoms and then further divisions below.

The cherokee have a saying
>think long, speak short
This is good advice for public speaking but you can apply it to everyday life too.
Instead of filler phrases
>like, um, uh, y'know
Just stop talking and think.
This really makes you sound like you are sure of yourself even if you aren't totally confident.
Plus it makes people concentrate harder on what you are saying. They think you are "pausing" for effect, not because you don't know what to say

Welcome to 2018

Its like a bird call. A way to attract other fags.
Also study voice enunciations and personality connections.
Notice how the homosexual speaks like you would expect a serpent to speak? Perhaps its the spirit within them. The spirit of that old serpent the devil.

>around my college
This is your answer. Im an oldfag and I have noticed this tendency in myself. When you are a capable man who speaks in an authoritative voice, people will take you as the alpha and all the responsibility with it, something I never wanted so I unconsciously modified my voice to avoid this. Seems likely that on hypersensitive antimale college campuses this is the way to go to avoid trouble

>people will take you as the alpha and all the responsibility with it, something I never wanted so I unconsciously modified my voice to avoid this.
What a sad life.

I asked a gay guy I worked with how his voice turned from a normie leaf to Richard simons in then course of a year. He said it’s a “subculture” thing from the days of homosexuality being a crime. It was a way to see if you had an “in” or some shit with another man. If he wasn’t gay or prissy you could just say you have a lisp or cold and move on. Since those days it kind of just stuck in the culture. Not sure if he’s a leaf shitposter irl though.

As for straights I think it has to do with betas pathetically trying to be more like gay men since society “loves” them.

Makes sense.

There's a waiter at the restaurant I work at like this. He's a "pretty boy" and acts like a metrosexual. He also wears extra Jewelry on his hands too. He hates me though because I'm more attractive than him without flaming up.

Not at all, I'm not picking up the slack of a world full of single parent raised shitheads. This has been going on for the last 40 years, only reaching a crisis point now. Gay, straight or any other way- most men are complete and unreliable faggots

So it definitely isn't something natural, as in Low T, but rather a choice, or an influence? Like picking up an accent?

Anyway, the sound of it just annoys the hell out of me. There's just something about it that sounds so fucking creepy. It's obviously a male talking, but it's all sluggish, almost like a speech impediment.

SOY
O
Y

>raised by cunt mother after beta father left
>now have a faggot voice
How do I fix this? No matter what I do, I still sound like I suck dicks.

A friend of mines dad is becoming his mom. Yeah you should see him. It's tough on a kid

its the high soy content

It's like we're living in a nightmare world
Poor kid

>kotaku
>straight

Definately not natural I’d say. Just like wiggers try to pick up inner city black accents. (Eminem)

Underrated

Good insight this, I do the same.

gayfag here

it's because many gays in fact possess a female brain and exclusively consume media intended for women (shitty romcoms, pop music, etc)

there's a huge portion of gay men who hate the mainstream gay culture and realize just because you're a homo doesn't mean you have to be a faggot.

I'm a manly top and hearing some guy talk in that sweet gentle tenor makes my cock fully erect every time. Straight guys, please don't do that, lol