What does Sup Forums think of this show?

What does Sup Forums think of this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQL78s2fByE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it was very meh

SLAINE DID NOTHING WRONG

Was fun to watch with Sup Forums, not much else to say about it.

The ending felt flat as fuck

Shit.
Shit characters, shit plot, meh OST, shit mech

First half was pretty good, especially the ending.

Then they ruined it all.

Good Sawano OST, nothing else memorable.

This.
Just a few meme pictures maybe, but the OST was quite nice. A real shame.

It was good when it was villain of the week.

This is true. Show is this as well.

>First half was pretty good, especially the ending.
Is A/Z the perfect filter to weed out who has the worst taste?

youtube.com/watch?v=LQL78s2fByE

I dunno, it surprised me. I really wanted to see where they went with this, but then they just brought everyone back magically.

>I dunno, it surprised me.
Yes it surprised me that they would pull such a cheap stupid tactic to get people to watch the next season and its even more surprising that dumbasses like you fell for it. Well not really even Nips thought it was bullshit

It had the potential to be good through an IBO-like story of "ordinary" people with shitty mechs using tactics and teamwork to beat super-mechs.

Alas, it turned into bullshit mech powers vs bullshit cyber eye powers.

First 3 episodes were pretty kino, then it went downhill. Season 1 overall was good junkie entertainment though. I like to pretend season 2 doesn't exist

all aboard the slaine pain train

It's a train that won't stop crashing.

Not as fun as Guilty Crown.

You have that feeling of real terror near the beginning when the Earth forces are just wholly fucked and unprepared to fend off the invasion, and then that disappears and loses interest.

>First 3 episodes were pretty kino

Main guy should've fucked his sister.

It was my favourite the season it aired: both of them. It's one of those shows tries to be smart only to be incredibly stupid, but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

>show where an autist beats giant mechs with his shitty robot using strats and teamwork
>becomes a complete drama shitfest and he turns into Jesus
Disappointing

I remember dropping it so it's probably shit.

slaine was a communist betrayer

once you hear on sawano you heard them all he is copy pasta king

Dropped hard. Could not stand the MC and the whole thing was a bunch of asspulls. Good premise but everything else was shit

Season 1 was great. I try to pretend season 2 never happened.

Hime's a cunt, and Slaine deserves his fate for pussying out, and not going full revolucion

This.
Season 1 finale left an incredible impression.
Then Season 2 shit all over everything.
I'm glad Season 2 never happened.

this

MC should have been /ourguy/ through-and-through but all fell apart

Slaine's suffering was the best part.

Why do people hate the ending? I thought it was fine.

So how did they negate killing them?

>Season 1 finale left an incredible impression.
You can tell this retards wasn't here while it was airing

God you're a fucking idiot
>show where an autist beats giant mechs with his shitty robot using strats and teamwork
Which was a stupid premise to begin with

eggs

The ending proved the point that the "earthlings" were weak and should be eradicated. Think about it: the people on mars discovered the mcguffin technology. They were able to get it to work with "pure blood" or whatever the fuck. How do you think that happened? They researched the FUCK out of it and probably figured out that whomever placed it there is a threat that cannot ever be negotiated with, should they ever come back to the solar system.

Thus, they figured that the easiest way to ensure survival was to stop the weak minded "earthlings" ruining everything for everyone by blasting into space (SETI, etc) "HEY WE'RE HERE WITH NO WEAPONS COME FUCK OUR SHIT UP." So the Vers empire decided on sentencing earth to Exterminatus in the first war. When the moon blew up and the forces were cut off they had at least wiped out a large percentage of earths population and stopped deep space transmissions. The princess was sent to try and "negotiate" with the earthlings to cease all deep space activity, but when she apparently died the Counts decided to just erase what was left of the population centers and use ground assaults to mop up the rest.

That's the best motivation I have behind the actions of the Vers empire. If the above is not true, then the people of Earth should have decided on stronger leaders after the first war. At the end of the series when the princess opens up the hypergates with her meme genetics the army/space navy/whatever should have immediately detained the princess and sent nuclear warheads up to mars. . It's the only way to deal with a genocidal population.

Anime was a stupid premise to begin with. quit being an ass

shitty show about kids, dropped after 4 eps

Smartest posts in this thread
Dumbest post in this thread

Cheap popcorn entertainment that was worth watching only for Slaine. Had some nice designs like the landing castles, but it was ruined by that whole mishmash of production.

Princess got put into a tank of healing water ala Star Wars and was comatose for a lot of the S2. Orange lost an eye. Slaine's shot was off a bit, so he survived. They ended up outfitting him with some sort of computer eye that overworked his brain when used to full capability. He ended up without it, going for young Big Boss look.

I stand corrected. It's been a while.

Whoops, deleted post because I wanted to post a screenshot so it doesn't seem like bullshit.

But yeah, the bullet didn't miss. I don't like Aoki's end of episode/cour baiting.

Saucybum is best boy.

Slaine should have been the princess.

Best ending ever. Bitches got BTFO.

> That shit taste.

i really liked the first episode

I liked it because I'm amused by stoic, autistic characters that just wreck everything in their way like Inaho and Tatsuya. I liked the way Inaho took down the Martian mechs. But aside from that, I do recognize that the show did have it's flaws. The whole pacing of the war was pretty weird, the characters were not very good or developed well, and Season 2 went off the rails stupid.

What I most hated though was Asseylum and how everyone's motivations revolved around her because "muh Hime-sama". She was a horrible, walking plot device. Pulling Inaho falling in love with her at the very last second of Season 1 out of their asses was especially stupid.

I thought they were going to roll with the motivation that Inaho was fighting because he wanted to protect his sister. He had moments throughout the show that showed he cared for his sister and they even got a little light novel about their childhood together released with the anime. It would have been way better that way.

The real problem with the show is both Asshime and Inaho. The both of them were walking plot devices and in the case of Inaho everyone had to be made incompetent just so that he could succeed

>facebook filename
Classic InaSurefags

Cinematography was one of the best in anime for years. Script ruined it all. Inaho is our guy.

Daily Reminder How Long We Have Waited For Hero Like Inaho

>No cringe-worthy eeehehh!? reactions
>No drama queen, no crying out loud like shounenshit
>Calm, intelligent, reliable, highly competent pilot
>Brave enough take up arms for his beloved ones
>No 'I can't fight b-because muh peace' shit

He is literally the MC we've all wanted for so long.

>Dat pasta
You still have it?

Sorta like Death Note or Code Geass imo. Lame writing and characters that can only really be appreciated by teenagers but there's some cheap fun in seeing what mr.keikaku does next.

S1 is fun for this reason but S2 has no value at all.

Shit, Slaine was awful. The whole show was a mess.

What, should I delete it with military honors and salute?

He should've fucked his sister.

>Not watching it for best girl
Inko a cute! A CUTE!

This. Butcher's work on this anime was unironically great.

Well fully robotic MC's is just other extreme, his lack of reaction was pissing me off just as much as eeeeh? He was a fucking school boy, IS NOT HOW HE WAS SUPPOSED TO REACT

It's a dumb original anime that would've been forgotten after a week if not for aniplex's heavy marketing.

the ost was good you uncultured nigger

Only Rayet was good

>meh ost
Aliez would like to have a word with you.

It was unironic trainwreck.

It was boring as fuck, the only good thing to come out of it is the girl pointing the gun to her head. Fuck off with this anime.