When was academia taken over by Marxists?

I was in Philosophy class today and I wanted to fucking die. The topic was Immanuel Kant, and the class (which is made up of women and fags) were against him because of his focus on obligation and responsibility. "I just FEEL that's wrong" one girl said. Then my professor agreed and went on a rant about how Kant's ideology was patriarchal because it relied on logic and reasoning and wasn't about "caring". He then continued to talk about "feminist critique" of Kant. He also banned me from using the term "layman" because it's "sexist" and he edits the historical texts we read to remove gendered language.

You can't make this shit up.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions. 1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society). 2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power). 3)It determines what is held sacred in that society. For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions. 1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII. 2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on. 3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust. The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative. Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction. Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story. Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity. Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
> Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.

Lol it's so easy to trigger Sup Forums.

What is a mans resposibiility is such situation?

Should you keep quiet and ride the tigerlike evola said?
should you stand up and fight the dragon of chaos?

I don’t know, starting the learn these materials that they hate sounds like a good start

in america it was right after WWII with the GI bill
>millions of soldiers return home and go to college
>oh fuck we need to triple university staff and professors and shit
>guess we'll hire all the jews that fled hitler

During your post-ww2 labour governments certain policies were enacted to push radical marxist theory onto your programmes, thatcher talked about it

Bump

You know when.

This actually makes a lot of sense
Piss off
I just hunker down and watch the clock tick by. My teacher already called me and a friend in the class nazis for disagreeing with him about morality. There's just no talking with these people, I'm fairly sure the teacher is doing all this feminist shit to virtue signal to all the girls he wants to fuck, considering every lesson he compliments each of them.
You'd think the GIs would know better than to listen to kikes
And to this day everyone still hates her. Nothing angers lefties more than the truth.

form the 50s onwards the USSR tried very hard to infiltrate universities. Canada and the U.S I think were their biggest targets

>I was in Philosophy class today and I wanted to fucking die.
Why are you in a fucking philosophy class? What's your major?

Humanities, because I'm a fucking retard.

during the 20th century, particularly after the second world war when massive numbers of european jews were imported into western countries and given false teaching accreditation and all given jobs at prestigious universities.

watch the documentary "the goy guide to world history" it explains it all quite well.

Foundation Myth
How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions. 1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society). 2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power). 3)It determines what is held sacred in that society. For modern neo nazis the story of WWII and the rise of Hitler has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions. 1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII. 2)Ultimate evil is liberalism. Ultimate good is Nazism. The values derived from these definitions are that anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on are evil, while tribalism, totalitarianism and sexism and racism are good . 3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary neo nazi doctirne, is the goodness of Hitler. The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative. Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction. Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Because everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, and his wicked ideology, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story. Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime (and ideology of peace, accommodation, brotherhood and progress) for the Neo Nazis their sacred idol is an obscenity of war mongering death and destruction. Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Neo Nazis is poisoned.
> Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for neo Nazis and the Alt right is poisoned.

what is pseudo social science bullshit like this doing in a philosophy thread?

don't your wife and children get lonely with you lombing all these threads up?

what university?

this isn't a philosophy thread.
even if it was, this philosophical post is/would be completely relevant.

begone, shill

Late 1800s

Did you need to copy and paste all that?
Brighton

I couldnt even imagine that one can become such a retarded that you even hate (C)unt.
I mean the guy is a huge faggot and wrong.

To be fair, you were the dumbass who decided to take philosophy

Actually it was in the 60s that a marxist professor circulated a paper about teaching with a "future multikulti country in mind" it involved teaching history only from the perspective of victim and never to focus on the achievement or identity of it, there;s a whole in depth chapter on it in peter hitchens abolition of Britain book.

>Brighton
There's your problem, brightons a fucking far left degenerate scum hole.

So is every city in this country it seems.
Don't rub salt in the wound lad

true, stand your fucking ground though lad get smarter, research more, refine your arguments, find documentation to support your points and expose your tutor for the faggot cunt he is.

nah, I re edited it the other day adn have it in my 2reply to shitposts that I am bored seeing" file.

(not joking)

it appears fifty times a day - it is the worst kind of social science crap - pretending to be deep adn meaningful but actually being trite adn just utterly without any foundation.

the neonazis lap it up because they think it makes them look intellectual...

I don't really know Brighton - I used to teach in a red brick - Brighton is one of the New universities isn't it? their philosophy classes do tend to be, how can I put it, less rigorously analytic. If you go to a uni with a (sorry to sound snobbish) proper philosophy course you will find Kant is still well thought of - although anglo-american philosophy tends towards utilitarian side of things.

my advice - read RM Hare - all of it (he wrote several short books - but they outline his development of thought over thirty years taking utilitarian and kantian ideas and sort of marrying them - and came up with a really good basis for both utility as a means of establishing value and duty as a moral concept worth having.

did you read my version>

just as good as the original - just as fact based and just as persuasive - which shows that it is just as worthless and weightless

>Kant's ideology was patriarchal because it relied on logic and reasoning and wasn't about "caring"
GAS THE FEELS
LOGIC WAR NOW
3.14 1.618

That's why we bought guillotines.

Ok OP but howe is this related to marx?

What shit university do you go to?

You double down, eg. make the class apologise for using ableist terms.

That's the plan mate, thanks.
>
my advice - read RM Hare - all of it (he wrote several short books - but they outline his development of thought over thirty years taking utilitarian and kantian ideas and sort of marrying them - and came up with a really good basis for both utility as a means of establishing value and duty as a moral concept worth having.
You've piqued my interest, I'll give it a look
Because it's very clearly a "Marxist" ideology. Though Marx himself was a smart man, his followers are not.

Currently studying international politics at uni and we have to read the same shit OP

forgot to mention there was also the sam critique of Kant in my classes as well

When jewish intellectuals fled Europe around WWII and into US universities. There also used to be restrictions on how many Jews could be in universities, but that was lifted.

Found the Jew

basically if Hare is not on the course (doing moral philosophy) then you have a shit course - he was the major moral theorist in teh uK in the last century. (ok, MacIntyre adn Mackie and Stuart hampshire as well - although from them I rate only mackie - his take is quite original, but not compelling to me)

I feel for you - anyone who says logic and reasoning is sexist is buying into sexist crap about women not being logical - I taught elementary logic for fourteen years in a UK university, and for ten of those years the top mark went to a female student. Indeed more female students got first class marks in logic (at higher levels) than males over that period. Admittedly more females failed as well, but i think it is because they just gave up and gave in to the sexist stereotype - they just said they could not do it and did not try because they were allowed to fail.

perhaps you should ask why logic is sexist? Does your lecturer think women can't do logic? that should set the cat among the little doves

Only while working and commute I post

No internet and television allowed at home

In what sense is it a "marxist ideology"?

>Patriarchy isn't about caring
Either your universtity isn't excatly the best quality or they've made a mistake and hired an extremly incompetent professor.
>his teaching focuses on responisblity and obligation
True to some extent, but you could argue it was mostly directed at males higher up in the social hierachy. So females wouldn't really be that affected since the male would take the responsibilty and make the desicons for her.

It’s not but ”le guldural margism” is a good boogeyman.

Wait until you get to Nietzsche. The professor will speak as if he's the savior, much of the class, assuming it's an introductory philosophy class, will sit there dumbfounded as to how odd or evil Nietzsche sounds while not realizing the pop culture they worship is largely thanks to him, and a mere few will be visibly irritated at both the philosophy and the reactions of others in the class.

Save your money, and if you want to discuss philosophy with complete idiots, just go to Starbucks.

found the idiot

(ad hom without any reason = automatic loss of points)

"Isn't logic and responsibility ultimately based on caring? If one isn't logical and responsible, their caring is unpredictable, volatile, and undirected. It's like a tidal wave; full of potential good, but usually leaving behind the wreckage of other's lives."

Merry Christmas.

Why are foreign universities so politicized? Philosophy class here in Norway was a dream and everything I wanted it to be

Brighton is lesbian town. There's even a street called Dyke Road

Only a Jew would consider out his ethnicity as an adhominem

Thanks for proving your Jewishness shlomo

>My teacher already called me and a friend in the class nazis
If he actually called you a nazi and you're not exaggerating, tell the administration. That should at least merit a talking to from them. Covertly record his classes from now on and wait for him to slip up and say something else that could get him in trouble. When showing the footage to the higher ups just say you were recording it for studying purposes or something. Even if he doesn't say anything else that would bother the administration, you can release his crazy bullshit to the internet after you've graduated to show the world how bad academia really is. Film your marxist professors. Accountability for what they tell impressionable youth is what they fear the most.

Glad I took my philosophy classes before 2007

Ride the tiger. When you are on Enemy territory, you need to be disciplined and keep your mouth shut. The indoctrinated leftist will not be persuaded by anything you say. Protip: don't even consider them human.

Find friends through politically incorrect-y humour, not by suggesting incorrect ideas seriously. Don't joke around those that are not receptive to incorrect jokes, but you should always be able to play it off as a joke. Those that are able to laugh about pol. incorect stuff, are the open minded people that can be reasoned with.

You will be more valuable the longer you can hide your power level.

I was quite lucky to have a great philosophy prof. He didn't care what position you took as long as you were able to justify it with sound reasoning. A challenging class with no bullshit.

oooh I like that

how about "can mere emotion without reason give us moral values or answer moral questions - that is falling back into primitive emotivism, which makes the meaning of moral terms collapse into mere expressions of like and dislike - without any comparative value structure, and without any notion of universalisation (a feature of kantian ethics that was later taken forward by Hare) without that you are redefining moral language as being just coded emotional expression - surely it is more than just that? we normally want 2that is good2 to mean more than "I like that" adn the prescriptive compnent of "that is good" - the action guiding adn evaluative compnent - is surely mroe than jst my personal likes or dislike.

other wise any psychopath can say his actions are good, simply because he likes kicking puppies and making suits out of people's skins.

>You will be more valuable the longer you can hide your power level.

This is worth quoting

you know my grandfather enjoyed shelling cunts like you.

Might just be an English thing, I'm about to graduate with a degree in Philosophy and i've found even the professors who I know for a fact are liberal in their personal lives will at least attempt to be charitable with the work we do. Classroom discussions have usually been about discussing the work on its own terms, and as long as you make your point well, a wide variety of opinions are respected. If anything, the people I see getting consistently rekt the most are uppity Marxists who want to make everything an ideological issue and only have one intellectual tool for every job.

lmao what kind of meme schools do they have in bongland. I went to one in Commiefornia and it was nowhere near that bad

Counter if it makes sense for non rational nature to have moral status? If not then morality is dependant on rationality.

This is why there are still Kantians!

this is, or used to be, the way in UK universities and I am sure still is int he better ones - the dons at Cambridge and Oxford (and the top profs at St andrews, Edinburgh, Belfast, Bristol, Nottingham, and other "russel group" universities were all Tory party members anyway. Or if not tories, highly analytic lefties who had little time for marx and all tht crap.

warwick was the only marxist place, and of course the "scholastic Philosophy" dept in Belfast, which was basically the pseudo intellectual cover for the catholic church and the irish republican movement

I would be very surprised if UK philosophy in the better unis has gone down that hill since I retired ten years ago -

Cf. Is there such a thing as an evil tree?

The Marxist equivalent of this is called the “long march” in institutions

Thats somewhat encouraging, to know that not all semblance of standards has been thrown out

Just do this to him in one of your essays
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sokal_affair
Then expose him in front of the whole class.
Post results.

I had a professor that was an Hegel expert but had to teach Marx.
I had introductory seminar about afro-american history that was completely focused on gender studies.
A professor who was an open communist told us he was retireing earlier because he was sick of the way universities became a day care for middle class morons.

Why did marxism never became popular among the Anglos?

It is a bit like america - top class places stay true to academic standards - people not so good get jobs in lower quality places and talk shit

if there were more good philosophers they would push the shit spreaders out

'Westerners' no it is mostly Germans.

US has become neo-marxist philosophy central, because the french intellectuals fled to US and created Frankfurt School.

There they developed marxism to accomodate modern developments in society, and it effectively became postmodernism or neo-marxism.

I attend Philosophy in Denmark, and it is completely based on Reason. No feels involved, and it is lovely.

Kant is also the faggot that came up with the "paradox of tolerance" which basically boiled down to "we have to be tolerant of gays and such, but nom-leftwing political opinions are dangerous and should be silenced"

Noone should be surprised to see the left eating its own, you might as well just short circut the discussion and say he was a white man and that his opinions are invalid.

>Everything I dislike is neo-nazism: The post

Wow I didn't realize this was in Britain.

I only thought it was US that neo-marxism have taken over the education system.

I've actually seen recently, in the past few years, but the seeds must have been planted much earlier, that our best schools are the ones who are embracing "diversity" the hardest. This is not to say that their Philosophy departments are participating uniquely, or that good work isn't being done in these departments, but the institutions themselves are deeply compromised. See: Yale, Columbia, Princeton, Harvard. Every time you hear Yale mentioned today, its likely that you're going to hear about black students being angry about something, despite being in Yale with qualifications that wouldn't have gotten them into West Virginia 20 years ago.

oh it was trendy in the 60's in some places and warwick got a rep for being a bit left wing. It was sort of a containment pool - they were left to their own devices

but the Scholastic Philosophy dept in belfast was always pretty left wing - it was supposedly catholic church philosophy but they also allowed a lot of modern catholic stuff that came from marxist roots - and they ended up teaching marx and hegel and so on under the guidance of the intellectual godfather of the republican movement in the north - a lovely man - typical bully who treated the secretarial staff like dirt.

it was a shambolic department which was eventually closed because it was not up to academic standards and also there were no students anymore who wanted to become priests - which was what it was supposed to teach. it had ended up as a marxist cult centre. (fun fact, no Irish person went for the priesthood in 2005. not one. from the island that gave half the world its kiddy fiddlers, not a single candidate from Ireland went to take vows that year. the irish seminary schools are now filled with foreigners. )

IIRC Kant wrote positively about eradicating all non-whites, it's funny they have a problem with"gendered language."

A common theme in modern religious sermons is to love God and love others, but the idea to love is rarely defined nor are examples provided.

It's often a subtle agreement with post-modernism individualism. That is, whatever makes one happy, is pleasing to God.

People wouldn't take that to mean killing others, but it definitely is meant to facilitate the NWO, acceptance of homosexuality, and similar.

Stab that professor cunt with your butter knife.

no it is just I got tired of this being posted twenty times a day like it is some holy writ or a great revelation - and you would see people praising it and saying how it opened their eyes.

it is shit tier waffle and bluster and made to make neonazis feel good about being paranoid about the joos.

it really is just bad pseudo sciencey pap, "truthy" and "deep" sounding and utter wank.

And no not everything I dislike is neonazism - but I do dislike neo-nazism as well as all other totalitarian short cuts to hell.

I'm not sure but didn't Kant also say that russians need to be whipped to be not lazy bastards?

Yeah, like communism isn't totalitarian al all, dude.
Nah, go fuck yourself.

And if course a meme flag. God, who are these shills? They never stop do they?

nothing to do with marxism you brainlet

You don't think the EU is totalitarian? You can't even defend yourselves against rapist barbaric arabs that are imported by the bushel by your politicians who want to erase cultures and religions of Europe.

one=a leftist

wouldn't be surprising, he was based like that

"sjw"'ism has nothing to do with marxism?

>You can't make this shit up.
I feel like this is made up. Anyone care to show me otherwise?

You’re asking me who they are?

>Sup Forums creates insane amount of value in the past 15 years
>shitskins are attracted to value like flys are to shit
>shitskins come here but get severely triggered by stuff white people talk about when there is no censorship imposed on them
>for a shitskin this must be the first time they get confronted by unfiltered white opinions
>the cognitive dissonance they experience is SEVERE
>sometimes they can’t sleep for days(I’ve spoken to several pol-shitskins)
>they get addicted to this place because all these things they hear make sense and explain many things in their lives
>they do not admit all of these things but become angry at white and thing that’s it’s just a game to make them feel bad
>they think the world only revolves around them and whites here do the things they do as a way to trigger them
>so they start to playing the game that they assume is being played here

>start posting things explicitly designed to trigger whites
>white purity spiral (causes division in the whites)
>white women hate (causes whites to hate their own kind)
>nigger dick posting (triggered white people’s sexual insecurities)
>attack representatives of white interest politicians&e-celebs

Hmm. If I was 20 now and as aware as I am now, I would probably ditch University.
It is nice for socializing but most people really are left-leaning opportunists.
You won't find many allies there, not because these people are necessarily smarter but because the default setting is on liberalism.

No. That was (((Sir Karl Popper))).

awww did your feewings get hurt? do you want a tissue? You autistic neckbeard virgins are so pathetic. You're so afraid to speak up in your classes so that come back here to your echo chamber to vent to your like minded Nazis how the "evil lefties" don't disagree with you.

>The indoctrinated leftist will not be persuaded by anything you say.
This. Too bad much of Sup Forums consists of uncompromising brainlets who think they can make a difference

Look at you being triggered, frothing from your little Jew mouth in desperation for having been found out.
Time’s up

>typical bully who treated the secretarial staff like dirt.
I once attended a theology seminar by mistake (rooms were switched and somebody forgot to tell the philosophy students).
When we realized what happened and left the professor told us us with a sinister smile how much he hated the interruption and that a lesser man would have beaten us with a stick (Topic was "Love and it's importance for christianity").

only a Burger thinks progressivism is marxism, read a book nigger, there is a reason noone in the world likes you

I can believe that. It must really suck to look in the mirror and not see white skin and blue eyes. What can they do? It's a white man's world.

You do know there is a holocaust rememberance museum in every state in America?

You’re right but don’t forget because of your small size you don’t got invaded by jewish intellectuals and subverted

Especially in the US, where college is very expensive, and student loans cripple one's future. It seems the only field a graduate is guaranteed a job upon graduating is healthcare, largely because it's subsidized by the govt through Medicaid, which of course keeps increasing the US credit card balance.

>burger
kek

progressivism wasn't marxism early on, but it obviously has been a propaganda term for neo-marxism for the last few decades

I feel like I dodged a bullet for my philosphy classes. One prof openly says in class that multiculturalism is a failed experiment in Canada while the feminist prof says that modern feminism needs to be rebuilt from the ground up as it has lost its purpose.

(((french)))