Wanna play bingo?

For the user who requested this the other day in my shitty isekai thread the other day

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/8d96h
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BINGO

show me your marked card, using the provided sticker

I'll be posting a slightly modified version of my shitty isekai rule list in a bit

here's the old version if you're interested

it's really just a collection of tropes I found particularly annoying and uncreative that I wanted to avoid while trying to write my own isekai story

No bingo for Zero no Tsukaima

Why The Fuck Is Every Word Capitalized.

the center one is supposed to be a free space.

What do you guys think of my OC isekai?

Mushoku tensei.

what is with the question marks?
are the phrases too vague?

It is a free space.

Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru!

Really like it, but translation is a joke.

Slightly more updated list

If anyone has anything they want added or changed on the list, just post

I want to go up to 50 so that I can change the list to a check list or grading format

Too specific actually, in GATE the mc is a JSDF soldier so he has weapons training and it's implied that he has killed people before.

Wait, what does number 26 mean by negative points for suicide or whatever?

>The protagonist must never reflect on their past life, so as to allow the reader to self-insert without any trouble
This is the thing that annoys me most about isekai protagonists and makes them utterly worthless as characters. Sure, make your protagonist a generic NEET, but have that actually matter and maybe have him learn something or have to do something differently from his previous failed life to be successful. You can't suddenly reset at least 16 years of experiences just because you're in a new world.

Comiting suicide will put the MC in a negative light and we can't have that for self insertfags

You lost me at negative light.

I was half thing about turning this into a sort of grading list with a base score of 100 and you would subtract 1 point from it for every "yes"
the negative points would negate the point essentially canceling out the question

if you're talking about the rule itself (which I think you meant 27, instead of 26)
The "suicide" part specifically means the protagonist meant to kill themselves, not accidentally or for a purpose
the "willful pioneering" part means the protagonist finds a portal or some entryway to another world and prepares for a possibly permanent exploration of the new world
the "scientific experimentation" could be intentionally trying to create a portal or discovering the new world through concentrated scientific effort

>half thing
I meant to write "half-thinking"

to put it bluntly I wanted to try and avoid elements that exist purely for the protagonist's convenience.

If the situation calls for it, can the mc or people create firearms if the setting capabilities allow for it such as being a setting's alchemist and/or knowledge in the world being enough to create mechanical structures?

Was that list made after Isekai smartphone?

>a setting's alchemist and/or knowledge in the world being enough to create mechanical structures?
I'd consider it an asspull if the first few prototypes didn't fail miserably

for example: if cannons don't exist then there's very little hope of developing even a simple musket naturally and the mc suggesting the idea should be met with opposition unless the mc can adequately explain the processes and the materials needed, specifically the method for finding and identifying the key ingredients for black powder or gun powder and how to mix them

but it depends heavily on what technology has already been achieved in the new world, as you can't skip the developing of certain technologies without a deep understanding of what you're attempting to create

for example you can't skip the bow and arrow and go straight to a crossbow or ballista.
there needs to be a period of active research and development, or else it seems to much like an improbable asspull

Yes, I made it a week ago, but the idea to make the list came after reading the Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari LN back in 2015.
It was after watching Isekai smartphone that my desire to finish the list came full force

And to clarify, I Iiked Tate no Yuusha
And I hated Isekai Smartphone, specifically for how uncreative and uninteresting it was, and I absolutely hated how transparent the wish fulfillment was, almost as if the world itself was created to pander to the mc.

If a cyborg or mechanical android can be made, as well as understanding structures to compound and decompose as a scientist or alchemist within the world with some level of detail, would it be permissible?

>almost as if
no, scratch that.
It WAS created for the mc, and it wasn't even subtle about it. It was designed specifically to cater to the mc's power fantasy, through no effort of his own

Isekai Smartphone was something special. There's something incredibly off about it, the pacing and the story didn't match. There's zero excitement to it, like it's all filler.

Is there a reason as to why the haven't developed a firearm naturally, or rather, what weapons have they already developed?
Are they a society that has always been peaceful and never threatened by anyone or anything, resulting in them never needing to defend themselves?
What are the androids and mechanical structures powered by?

There's a lot more questions that need to be answered before you can get a real answer to your "is it possible?" question.

For you user ill try to fill this list before i go to sleep

Isekai has so much potential but, as far as I've seen, it has never been done right.

Bonus points for the last one: Not-Japan has the best swords, because their not-katanas are folded 1000 times

From what I can point out is that the mc is never really challenged, and all that he possesses, was never earned or deserved in the slightest. We were literally watching someone being giving everything he (consciously and subconsciously) wanted, for no justifiable reason. It's hollow, the people don't seem real, the threats are afterthoughts, every conflict is resolved just as quickly as it appears, it's a linear nukige that caters to only 1 person.

It legitimately made me angry to see this getting animated when there were far more interesting LNs too animate.

Magic.
The default answer to all those questions.

what benefit would a physically, as opposed to magically, powered firearm have to them, or possibly against them?

ghostbin link for easy copy pasting
ghostbin.com/paste/8d96h

motherfucking blackout

I'm not this user , he's just replying in place of me. My real response is I need more context before I can sufficiently answer.

Isekai is pure pandering. When we became so self centered that we can't even relate to someone in a situation that's different from ours anymore? Why do we need a fucking bland protagonist from modern days in a story in order to get immersed on it? Is our imagination really that shit?

Tate No Yuusha LN
1. While the shield has useful functions it has no offensive capabilities outside counter attacks or some specifically offensive skills.
2. Well, the castle does have a town surrounding it, and he meets the weapon shop guy.
3. This leads to betrayal and then finding his first true companion.
4. Fantasy world with game stuff, go figure.
5. The weapon translates voice but not text.
6. In that world maybe they do use it, but in another they use different currencies.
7. There's game-like mechanics yes.
8. It's pretty much irrelevant in the story.
9. He couldn't openly oppose the king until he had enough power to kill people on his own.
10. other people were isekai'd, both with him and in the past.
11. Except for a few this is true, most of the time.
12. He's a college student
13. True, until volume 11 and onwards
14. I guess there is? but Naofumi already had a contract with the queen.
15. Bonus points for atlas, not raphtalia, i believe.
16. So far it looks that way.
17. Same here.
18. Can't recall an "Accidental" compromising situation, or any for that matter.
19. He treats firo and raphtalia as daugthters (well raphtalia a bit less so recently)
20. It's not like there's anything to reflect about, he's led a good life until he got isekai'd
21. Crafting stuff did get a bit of time to perfect. most of the things he made were low-quality stuff.
22. Could have happened in the past, but doesn't happen now.
23. True here, or at least the time measurement system seems to be the same.
24. See pic related.
25. Beastmen and demihumans grow primarily by leveling up.
26. He got summoned to defend the world against the waves of destruction.
27. Not his choice
28. See above.
29. A few are not familiar to him, such as therese's crystal people.
30. No demon lord, but yeah most of the time you can identify them.
31. Theres a mercenary country and another that hogs all of the heroes modern knowledge.
32. japan, europe, germany, china, rome, etc.

Not even anything about casual slavery?

>My real response is I need more context before I can sufficiently answer.
So were you just asking if a firearm was "permissable", because you were working on a story or concept?

If so, the only real thing you'd need to be mindful of, is that technology shouldn't just seem to appear out of nowhere, most of the "puzzle pieces" should be available.

Specifically for a rifle there's:
Gunpowder for the fuel
The bullet casing as the fuel container
The rifle hammer to ignite the fuel
The lead (payload) in the bullet casing for the ignited fuel to act upon
The barrel to direct the payload after the expended fuel acts on it
And, technically, the trigger mechanism. as it acts as a way for the person to control the entire process

In that sense, I kinda am. Although I could go to the approach of guns already established from the start. But most of the circumstances of access on primarily one country to guns having to do with coalition, religion, territory, laws, established world of prayer and alchemy.

In shieldbro is mostly convenience.

Overall, the story I'm thinking of has some pitfall that has an expertise due to circumstance.

Slavery is a natural consequence of a society at or below the pre-industrial level

From the Bronze Age to the Renaissance it was common practice to enslave people, the only thing that differed were the methods and justifications used

In fact it would be strange for slavery to not exist in any form as it was both necessary and economical

The Bronze Age had straight up slaves who were usually prisoners of war or part of the populace of a recently conquered territory

in the Renaissance period there were serfs and even indentured servants who were just slaves with a different label, consisting mostly of the debt ridden, bankrupted, or even just those who sold themselves into slavery to have a roof and a meal secured.

there's a lot more to this, but suffice it to say that someone will always end up with the short end of the stick, and not by their own choice. The only difference being how short the stick is.

also, sorry for the reddit spacing

You don't really have to apologize for doing that, it just gets a very vocal minority fly into autistic rage.

>no virus, disease...
Now I'm thinking about isekai'd neet unintentionally becoming a champion of nurgle.

What are even some wn/lns that tackle this problematic anyway?

>Trashy Isekai

Kinda redundant isn't it? Is there even one that's AT LEAST mediocre at best?

You really took my suggestions and worded them well.

One is the lack of relationship between the regular world and the isekai world. Many of the more classy isekai often have some relation between the worlds, for example Escaflowne is on the other side of the moon with a history of interchange, I believe Twelve Kingdoms is similar, sometimes it may simply be in far future or it may be a world born out of computer networks on earth. Just something that establishes some sort of connection or a macro universe, that's a sign of a classy isekai as opposed to something trashy.

While I was writing this list I was thinking about a scenario where after getting isekai'd the mc would find his way to a small village, unable to speak their language they attack him on suspicion of being a spy (as their kingdom was currently at war with another) and after beating him bloody during their "interrogation", they lock him away in a barn trying to figure out what to do with him. after a week or so of daily "interrogation" the village starts succumbing to a strange sickness (smallpox) and somehow or other they are convinced the mc had poisoned their foodstores before being captured and fed him the "poisoned" food daily in hopes that it would kill him, luckily this period of forced feeding meant he was no longer being beaten bloody, allowing him to heal while the rest of the village started succumbing to the disease. When one day no one came to feed him he knew that meant the entire village was "incapacitated".luckily he was restrained as the villagers believe he couldn't move with his injuries, and the last day of feeding his caretaker was visibly feverish and had neglected to lock the barn door. he knew this was his chance, as he made his way out of the barn and out into the village center. That's when he noticed no one was about. all he could hear was muffled groans from each of the houses. He had a vague desire to help them, even though they literally beat the shit out of him for no good reason, but knew he didn't know the first thing about curing this disease (after all smallpox was technically eradicated in the late 1900's, so even he wasn't aware of what disease specifically they were suffering from). After all, he was aware he was the cause of the epidemic the village was facing. At this point there were four options he had: escape the village, stay and help the villagers, wait for the villagers to die, or kill the villagers himself to spare them the pain. He...

And what about diseases? Modern human's immune system is upgraded by vaccines and stuff. It's people around him who need to worry about herpes and fly.

that's already on the list Rule 22, specifically

The MC would be, almost equally, at risk of catching diseases the local populace is already immune to.
Don't fool yourself into believing diseases progress linearly, as technology would, they're biological entities that can evolve and develop according to their environment in unpredictable ways. the diseases of the new world could just have easily mutated into radically different diseases than we could have ever predicted

Atelier Tanaka is pretty great

Dungeon Defense is written by a Korean and by far the best Isekai i have ever read

inuyasha

Then don't mark them. Guy actually has special forces training and kills a guy in Tokyo with a knife in the first five minutes of the conflict.

almost

wasn't kazuma a student before he died?

If no one in the story is from another world, but it's happened a few times historically, does that count or not?

Tenchi Muyo: War On Geminar, more or less.