One chef's social experiment: Charge minorities $12, white people $30

One chef's social experiment: Charge minorities $12, white people $30

>Tunde Wey's lunch counter/sociology experiment at the Roux Carre market in New Orleans, and — if you're white — you'll have a decision to make.

>And it's not just whether you want to try his jollof rice or his fried plantains. Wey serves his Nigerian food with a lesson about racial wealth disparity: The median income among African-American households in New Orleans is only $25,806, compared to $64,377 for white households. According to the Urban Institute, the national average wealth of white families is $919,000, while the average wealth of black families is $140,000. Wey will share some stats with his customers, and then he'll tell them the price of their lunch.

>If they're a person of color, they pay $12. If they're white, he'll tell them they can either pay $12, or they can pay $30 — two and a half times the base price, which reflects the wealth disparity in New Orleans. He tells them the profits will be redistributed to people of color, but not as charity — just to any minority customers of his who want it, regardless of their income or circumstance.

>"When I tell black folks what's happening, 90 percent of them start laughing, like, 'For real?' They're tickled," he said. "White folks, there's this blank — " he paused and laughed, "— this blank look. They're like, 'Huh, okay.'"

Other urls found in this thread:

saartj.com/menu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Initially, he expected that few white people would pay the $30.

>"I thought, if given the chance to voluntarily give up privilege, folks would not because it is not in their interest," he said. But he was wrong: So far, more than 80 percent of white customers have opted to pay the higher price, and Wey realized that he had been underestimating the power of social pressure.

>"If I created the framework where I outline a problem that is indisputable, and I position you as an antagonist, and I give you a way to solve the problem tidily and be the hero — in the moment, anything other than the $30 choice becomes antisocial behavior," he said. Social pressure also explained why the handful of white people who decided to pay the $12 did so with apologies, trying to justify their choice. "That explained to me why the folks who refused to pay the $30 were equivocating, because they understood that they were participating in antisocial behavior."

Minorities are racist.

more news at 11...

It's sad but liberals are so stupid they would probably go along with 200 years of slavery and a reverse holocaust at this point.

Nothing wrong with that, the white customers will find somewhere else to get food, and the owner will either be forced to lower the cost of his services to retain a sustainable amount of revenue into his company, or they'll shut down/relocate/stagnate.

The ones that paid probably have their time measured and are not going to dick around to find another place to eat, not everyone has the whole fucking day for lunch.

>liberals are so stupid they would probably go along with 200 years of slavery and a reverse holocaust at this point.
/thread

lmao jokes on you id never eat at that shithole for 30 dollars

this guy gets it
>paying $12, much less $30 for $2 worth of rice and plantain.

>I'm not white I'm jewish
>oy vey making me pay an extra $18 this is another holocost
>wait until the ADL hears about this

> New Orleans, and — if you're white — you'll have a decision to make.

Isn't that illegal? Can I do that at any of my resturant and make darkies pay extra?

>Yes sir your bill comes out to be 30 dollars.
>SHEEEETTTTTT but I only bought 20 dollars of food!
>Well yes but you see blacks normally don't tip so we increased the cost for your people.

Checked and I'm not believing any of this, he's gonna have to post proofs that people are willing to pay to eat Nigerian food after such a drastic change in price.
>s-sure, a lot of people are willing to pay this absurd fee to eat my food, it's true

I thought the sign read "shaartj" at first glance.

No, he has to offer a choice.
The 'legal' price would still be 12, but they can add a gratuity to bring it to 30.

>eating nigger food
Not even once.

>$12 for rice in tomato sauce and fried plantains
he's robbing the blacks too

The liberal conundrum.... liberals are cheap dumpster divers, charge liberals $30 for a taco... lose all your liberal customers

So don't go there

New Orleans needs to be destroyed again.

I would challenge him to a duel.

I wouldn't eat there even if it was free.

>>"If I created the framework where I outline a problem that is indisputable, and I position you as an antagonist, and I give you a way to solve the problem tidily and be the hero — in the moment, anything other than the $30 choice becomes antisocial behavior," he said. Social pressure also explained why the handful of white people who decided to pay the $12 did so with apologies, trying to justify their choice. "That explained to me why the folks who refused to pay the $30 were equivocating, because they understood that they were participating in antisocial behavior."
THE JEW HAS BECOME AWARE!!!!

God tried to remove that cesspit with Katrina. I'm sure it's just a matter of time until he sends another monster storm.

I'm actually okay with this but only if you are ideologically consistent and allow whites to do it towards blacks too.

>nigerian
>chef
pick one

It's an obvious advertising stunt to attract stupid white virtue signallers
Dude's creative I'll give him that

Yeah, I'll pay extra so an uppity nigger can spit in my food. No thanks.

>eating nigerian “””cuisine””” in the first place

that's not giving them a chance, it's economic incentive.

We are wrong and unfair towards Negroids.

We have been treating them as stupid humans. What they are in fact is extremely intelligent apes.
It makes no sense to compare them to Hans, Nigel or Boris. They have no chance of success when placed in that category...

We must compare them to their true contemporaries - dolphins, octopi, gorillas... and in that category Negroids are absolute winners. They can learn a human language and speak it in an adapted form (Ebonics). They are capable of using tools or even producing very primitive tools themselves unlike other great apes. (Chimps can only use simplest of tools like a straw for anthils)

They may not be able to form civilization yet but they are fully capable of living in large tribes (some form of logistics is required for that) and organize hunting strategies better then a pack of wolves. They are capable of organizing a primitive war party for raiding. They are capable of building huts better than beavers can. They are even capable of primitive agriculture.

Negroids are by far the most advanced animal on the planet.

Fucking racist niggers

This. Free market will sort out.

have you ever had nigerian food or is this just a
>lol nigger/refugee food
thing?

Literal Jim Crow against the whites.

>not eating noogie food with jungle boogie beats
it's like you don't even want to shuggie

How does one become a virtue signalling racist?

It's not legal if it's mandatory - by making it "voluntary" in the form of a standard gratuity it becomes legal... Owner gets more money, white guilt liberal faggots lose money and get their social justice good boy points, everyone else stiffs him a tip

Dems are the REAL racists!!!1!! XDddd

Just sue him, burgers.

or its a massive ploy to make blacks think they're getting a good deal, when in fact the food he makes probably cost less than a dollar so hes screwing over everyone

isn't nawlins supposed to be a negro containment zone anyway? if you're not there to drink absinthe and listen to jazz, there's no reason to even go

How's the aids thing going over there?

God bless the free market

>set up business
>deny service to POC
>call it a social experiment
Is this a new form a 'Just a prank, bro'?

I'm from there. The white liberals who would eat there of course are going to feel pressured into paying more and all without asking how exactly the money will to be redistributed and without any verification it would be. There's an absurdly wealthy class of people uptown in the garden district that throws the average income for white people way off, but whatever.

Even out of the liberals with the extra money who paid the extra, most won't be going back because they know they did it just so they wouldn't be called out or questioned and to avoid any confrontation. I hope this guy doesn't mind losing business over a stupid stunt to make white people feel bad. Perhaps they ought to look into the tax burden of whites v black in the city and then who receives all the benefits the city and state has to offer.

I wouldn't eat at this shithole if i got paid for it.

Sauce on that image?

Has he ever considered that whites make more than blacks because blacks are lazy stupid pieces of shit?

better than your cartel thing, I'm sure

his clientele comes from people who literally think bald heads are filled with gold, so he'll get robbed eventually

>White people can either pay 12 or 30 dollars
And what absolute stupid fucking inbredded retard would pay 30 dollars for a plate of nigger food?

and no one has sued him for discrimination yet?

It's a good thing for this niggerian that no cracker cares enough about his food to sue him over this.

Dont think they can, the extra charge is optional.

> Ask him how much he earns
> "Well your experiment is only enabled by your inherent racial privelege"
> Now he owes me money and also lunch

>born in nigeria
>come to america
>bitch that white people don't pay you enough

Fuck this nigger

I guarantee the whites who pay $30 are just being non-confrontational, but won't repatronize this nigger.

>and I give you a way to solve the problem tidily
Solve the problem by giving a rich businessman even higher profits.

id turn 360 degrees and walk away

>"If I created the framework where I outline a problem that is indisputable, and I position you as an antagonist, and I give you a way to solve the problem tidily and be the hero — in the moment, anything other than the $30 choice becomes antisocial behavior," he said. Social pressure also explained why the handful of white people who decided to pay the $12 did so with apologies, trying to justify their choice. "That explained to me why the folks who refused to pay the $30 were equivocating, because they understood that they were participating in antisocial behavior."

The framework is only real in his mind

>problem that is indisputable
Wealth disparity is not a problem nor is it indisputable

>Solve the problem
It doesn't, it's just begging done by him for extra cash that may or may not go to other non-whites

>Be the hero
Out yourself as a mark and cuck

>Anti-social behavior
Projection. The Nigerian is scamming again

Things like this are why I hate niggers

I wouldn't pay $5 for that same meal, never buy from blacks.

>be white
>looking for outta the way place to eat on way to work
>see price
>go somewhere better for less
Why are niggers so stupid?

If the races were flipped, the owner would go to jail for life.

Maybe negroids are lazy or have low paying jobs
stupid fucking niggers

This guy comes up and slaps your girlfriends ass and screams
>hey whitey pay $30 or else ura a fuckin raycis
Wut do?

Is there anything more insufferable than the trend of """social experiments"""?

>look, I'm an attention-whore making people angry, it's just a S O C I A L E X P E R I M E N T
>what's that no i'm not setting up anything scientific to actually reveal facts, i just want something people will share on social media

>turn 360 degrees
>walk away

Pick one.

>Wey realized that he had been underestimating the power of social pressure.
This is why the Day of the Rope is coming.

>Scruggles wif maf

Sheeeeeit

I can't find the nigger menu anywhere, but it's not even a restaurant, just a shabby little shack and they charge $12?

sheeeeeit

i fucking hate people that do this i might be keen to smash his head.

walk backwards pooinloo

Kill him, fuck niggers. I live in Florida and can claim stand your ground laws, I will win.

Also who gives a fuck about what virtue signaling fags on social media say about me? They'll get bored of me within a week and move on to the next Netflix show or dumb nigger moment.

>$12 for plantains
pass

Why would any sane white person be eating food that a nigger prepared?
Are you really that hungry, white man?

My God the illiterate retards ITT who don't realize that the $30 price is OPTIONAL.
All you have to do is just pay the normal $12.

>This idea is fucking hilarious because it's only a tax on the self-hating white demographic, and no one else.
IMO all restaurants should do this.

>the $30 price is OPTIONAL.
Buying anything at the stand in the first place is optional you fucking retard. What's your point?

>wew there's a lot of niggers at this restaurant
>Let's go eat somewhere else

Everyone gets that it's optional you dumbfuck we're still calling it retarded. Since you're a cuckold shill you'd start sweating and nervously give him the $30 so you didn't feel raycis.

it was a campagin not a popup restaurant, they served two options and were open for under a week TUES - THURS: 11 AM - 4 PM
FRI + SAT: 11 AM - 8 PM
SUN: 11 AM - 4 PM
saartj.com/menu/

>Everyone gets that it's optional you dumbfuck
Read the fucking thread, faggot.
Also, stop projecting. No one cares about "feeling raycis" here except you, obviously, since you're thinking about it and posting about it. Faggot.

This.
As someone who has been through fine dining catering college for three years then working the bitch jobs in restaurants for a couple of years before moving up the ranks. I fucking can’t stand it when niggers arrogantly try to tell me what “real food” is. Not that I meet them at work but the odd time I’m talking to a nigger and good comes up.

> just chuck in this malt extract whiteboy
> that saltfish needs more salt whiteboy
> senpai you can’t beat a jerk chicken it’s the best food

Okay I like jerk chicken when done well, it’s sad that I cook it better than any nog I’ve met really. But it’s far from the epitome of culinary delights.

> wypipo dun kno how to season
When eating dirt cakes is part of their diet I can see why they are accustomed to using enough salt to melt a 15mile long Canadian road at winter.

Fucking newfag, you have to go back

The absolute Mädchen

>1 or 2 dont realize it
OH MAN YOU SURE DID SHOW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm fine with Segregation. Let Whites and Blacks eat in separate areas.

>bOYAS
>Boy Ass
>Kekistani cringe flag
Kekistani cring fags confirmed pedos and young boys

>What's your point?
All the illiterate retards posting here who DON'T REALIZE THIS. My original post was perfectly clear. How dumb do you have to be not to understand it?

SUE HIM FOR DISCRIMINATION
APPEAR ON TV
?????
PROFIT

Niggers don't tip

KFC should charge niggers more

>nigerian
>food
PICK ONE AND ONLY ONE

>tries to count past 2
>brain explodes

It's almost like every other "soul food" place that doesn't display prices and charges white people more. Very amazing

This.
I used to have some liberal friends but who went to Notting hill carnival. Any ‘soul food’ shall with a fat black woman os seen as the epitome as culinary arts to them and they pay £10 for a scraggly chicken leg and a spoon of rice.

>tfw you will never go to America

Feels good man

$12 dollars is a lot of money for a black person to have all at once so the blacks Couldent afford to eat there.
Whites enjoyed $30 burgers in a nice restaurant and all tipped 20%

who would want to eat nigger food anyway? look at all the niggers and nigger women, fat and disgusting with diabetes and cellulite and massive amounts of adipose tissue.

Whites typically pay a higher price for services anyways.

I go to a white salon, which cost 25% to 50% more than a black salon. Why? Blacks have little experience working with white hair and generally fuck it up.

TIL all white people are rich