Mahoutsukai no Yome

>how to destroy a very good ova with a shitty YOU WILL BE MY WAIFU anime
who else is disappointed?

Looks like it is just you, user.

i guess no one watches the anime anyway

Eh, I enjoyed it. I skipped the OVA; should I watch it?

The ova is pretty much her childhood + the things that will be later in the anime i think

Good to know; I just assumed it was a rehash of what the anime would be. Been meaning to pick up the manga ever since it started, but never really had time to sit through it; just been sitting on my hard drive for a while.

nah the ovas are great i think the anime will destroy everything that made me look forward to

Looks like someone didn't read the manga.

It's shoujo-shit, what did you expect?

>reading manga
i don't want to ruin my experience like i did with souma its shit if you know everything that will happen

The ova is for people who read the manga. You'd better watch it after the series is over or when all ma in characters are developed so you don't spoil yourself the fun.

I just dropped this shit. Another muh WAIFU romance.
>I need read manga because muh WAIFU romance
No thanks

>hating anime just because its not your target audience
you don't like romantic anime?

Also good to know. Thanks.

This is explicitly a romance anime/manga? Romance is actually my favourite genre: I picked it up because I liked the designs and premise.

after the first ep i guess so

>no romantic development since the first time he told her he's planning to make her his wife
>hurr durr waifu shit
If anything it's more of a master/apprentice relationship for now.

Who gives a fuck if its shoujo or not, the it's a great story so far.

the making her his wife shit was kinda meh for me tho its everything that the LN on the net have and thats why they are crap most of the time

> If anything it's more of a master/apprentice relationship for now.
Now is key word. Later will be another muh WAIFU romance.
> it's a great story so far.
Yeah, muh WAIFU romance is a good story. This looks like another shitty LN.

Buzzwords.

its better this way tbqh

You never genuinely liked a anime for girls? or are you one of the loli fags

>not wanting a cute slave girl bride
Maybe you're gay

>not being into age-gap romances

he said it way to early 2bh

Otoyomegatari is a good manga about age-gap romance and grooming a younger parther (and a lot of other things too). Mahotsukai no Yome is nothing special.

you didn't know that she would be his bride when the title is literally "ancient magus' bride"?

>learning jap
found the faggot here

The title in English is under the title in Japanese, fucking faggot.

Not OP, but I always just assumed the title was mostly a playful one. Even the first episode of the anime didn't make it seem all that serious.

I thought it looked and felt just as great as the OVA did to be honest.

Who says I hate it? I don't need everything to pander to my tastes, however, I also don't need to watch something that isn't made for me and thus would not deliver what I like to see in anime.

"romantic anime" is a meaningless term because male and female audiences have different tastes and ideas of what is aesthetic in romance.

Oh, go back to ANN, you.

Women's wet dream.

You're an idiot. Read the fucking source material.

plot isn't everything. People read the manga and the watch the anime for the enhanced experience. Some people don't mind knowing what's happening, because they don't know exactly how the anime will portray the scene.

it's funny, it's actually classified as shounen

>Akagami no Shirayukihime
any other cute redhead protags I should know about?

> Is this explicitly a romance manga/anime

Eh, there's romantic parts in it but most of them are pretty quick to pass by, there's not a lot of actual romantic progress between the two leads as there is just them progressing in a normal relationship.

the wife shit is usually only mentioned by others to the main two after which they'll both change the subject and/or get embarrassed.

A major reason I bother watching most anime adaptations is to put both music and voice to the scenes and characters I've read. It adds significantly to the enjoyment.

You even get the occasional anime-original end that's actually "good" (rare) as a bonus.

I'd have to think for a bit, and the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.

Elias isn't human and he doesn't understand what a "bride" means for humans.

But the series doesn't start out with this fact, so the audience doesn't find out until later. Everything about the first ep changes when you realize that to fae folk, humans don't really matter aside from maybe using them for magical energy.

Sounds like the source material user.
Now my question to you is if you're ready for Elias's 'tism.

His autism is the real source of his power

> he doesn't understand what a "bride" means for humans.

Yes he does, fuck, even an idiot like Oberon chatters on about Elias and Chise having kids and shit. Regardless of that, he's been around for presumably hundreds of years, I'd imagine after all that time he'd know what the 'wife' role is to humans.

> humans don't really matter aside from maybe using them for magical energy.

Other way around, buddy.

>everybody wants the bone
Is this what women want? Tall wizard with skull for a head?

This, Elias's autism prevents him from easily understanding human emotion, but he's not a moron.

>Bringing your isekaishit in a actually good fantasy manga thread

You disgust me.

>overlrod
>isekaishit
>MnY
>epic fantasy

I can't gather a consensus from the replies so far (maybe I'm just inept).
If I didn't read the source material should I skip this show for the season? The concept interests me but if it's reliant on fundamentals of the universe from the manga I'll pass.

Akatsuki no Yona

The anime is a straight adaptation of the manga.

The OVA was what was bonus material based on the manga.

Fuck off, overlordfag. You're a fucking cancer on this board and your head is so far up your own ass don't even know it.

Please fuck off to the overlord thread blocked by my filters so I can pretend you don't exist.

There was definitely something very wrong with this. A girl offering herself into slavery, a dude buying her to become his wife. Felt like a tamer example of those abusive romance fantasies like Twilight and 50 Shades.

>girl offering herself into slavery
READ THE MANGA

>good

>A girl offering herself into slavery

That's because it's exactly what this is
Just enjoy the boners

Better that the isekaishit you enjoy and pretend is better than the others isekaishits.

The voices in the anime are better than the manga voices.

From my point of view it's worse.

>getting this triggered by a silly show about a skelly wizard
kek

Fuck off Sonzai A

>cute
She's a fucking whore. She keeps messing around with and a leading on that black haired guy even though she has Zen. She's anything but cute.

>Getting so triggered people don't want to pretend your tastes aren't the shittiest on Sup Forums

He clearly doesn't understand what a bride MEANS, he knows what a bride IS but with the capacity of a child -- to him they're "that companions human have forever and stuff". He's just copying what he sees as human behavior.

And chapter 40 pretty much pointed out that for all his magical wisdom and age, his understanding of humanity is that of a fucking child's, and Chise is leaving him until he grows up. So yeah, if he can't even understand that killing a human is wrong, he definitely doesn't understand what the heck being a bride actually means.

Eh, it's more of a give-and-take. But aside from that most fae folk view humans as fleeting fancies.

I didn't expect this show to get this much shitposting, what a shame.
On another note, Chise reminds me of that one red head contractor from Darker than Black.

Because it is.

That's a casual/pleb mentality get rid of it.

nah reading manga is ruining the experience of the anime

>a very good ova
Everything I read about it indicated that it was shit and a terrible adaptation so please kindly kill yourself.

>a terrible adaptation
It wasn't an adaptation, it was a prequel.

Elias isnt a human you fucking idiots, he doesnt even have a penis

in the manga it says mages often marry their apprentices, it's not seen as abnormal

>she was dressed in a sheet and chained to make potential buyers pity her more
worked on you too, huh

The druggie and the scarred guy are cute together.

This.

Kill yourself OP.

I was just a little disappointed by the line that went like "after all you're going to be my bride".

Even if it's in the source material it took a little build up from the characters themselves.
I haven't read the source and want to watch the anime first, but I wonder if the payoff
wouldn't be better in the end if this sentence wouldn't be looming over every natural
development of romantic feelings.

But I will watch it on and hope that it delivers anyway.

>chise is the one fugging skeletor

It would be a completely different story.

Oh, okay, hoping for the best then.
I really like everything else so far.

At firdt he only said it to get a rise out of Chise. Nothing is going to happen until they undergo character and emotional developement. Not until tthey teach each other what it means to be humans.

It's not really serious. Elias doesn't actually grasp human concepts like family or marriage and is just using the words he thinks are appropriate.

When does he lick her face?

Yeah, and mages are humans who can do magic. IIRC, Elias is a special case of a mage being non-human and he was raised by a mage.

He's still pretty much copying what he sees.

Already tonguebathed

Don't listen to the deniers, it's all about the romance, 90% of the manga is just the main girl being boned again and again by the main guy.

There's "wife" in the fucking title.

>Nothing is going to happen

Stupid secondaries.

I dropped the manga when I realized how repetitive it is. Everyone jumps around Chise and explains everything to her because she has no idea what's happening, she faints or falls asleep, wakes up once again not knowing what's happening and with everyone jumping around her. Except for that Succubus chapter, I regret wasting time on it.

Secondaries get out.

It's a cozy manga you tasteless fuck, it's supposed to be rhythmic like an undulating train or the nightly pounding on the marriage bed in the missionary position.

>hitting enter randomly mid sentence
Was it autism?

Habit from work, I guess you read on mobile.
It's segregated in shorter lines for easier reading.

>all that budget spent on the first episode

I love it, but it concerns me that they'll have to cut corners to make up for this later.

Those visuals though, unf. Soundtrack seems decent as well, though I hope they'll introduce more folk-inspired pieces as various story events happen.

It looks like shit, lad. If it was actually "easier for reading" then everyone would be doing it.

Looks fine to me, we are encourage to not write long lines
because it's easier for the eye to find the next line if it
is not spanning the whole 16:9 screen. Why do you
think books are read upright and not horizontal?
Actually these lines are even a little too long.
Optimal reading length is 50-60 including spaces.