Sword Art Online

After the Alicization adaptation is over, where do you think A-1 Pictures will go from there?

Other urls found in this thread:

mancunion.com/2017/02/28/age-defamation-pewdiepie-certainly-thinks/
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-402027/What-does-JK-Rowling-money.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_AkamatsuThe
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I know everyone wants a Progressive adaptation but I want the games to have some OVAs at least. Premiere deserves more than just one game.

Whats the difference between Progressive and the original?

Progressive is basically going through every single floor instead of skipping a ton like the original. Although to be honest I think Kawahara might need to rush a few inconsequential floors because I don't think it's possible to make every floor an interesting adventure.

I see i see

Fumufumu

Asuna is also smug as fuck in it. Most people prefer Progressive Asuna for that reason.

A-1 said they're going to adapt the entire thing so I guess they will do just that.

I think the fact we are getting an anime of Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online is already like a pseudo greenlight for a Progressive anime and other spin offs eventually.

Asuna was smug as fuck in the original too, it's just that she fell in love with Kirito through the way and we saw her dere side way more often. Progressive is still in the beginning, which is why she's smug or tsun most of the time.

Girls Ops OVA series + Moon Cradle and the true Final Arc of SAO then Progressive would be a dream come true.

Also I'd love A-1 a hell of a lot more if they manage to make a 1-hour or a double length Episode 0 of the childhood prologue.

I fucking love Abec's artwork.

Also yes a full 1 hour episode of Childhood Prologue of Alcization would be so satisfying. If they did it for Re:Zero and UBW I think they'll do that with SAO as well

>Girls Ops OVA series
Dream bigger user. It deserves a TV series.

>1-hour or a double length Episode 0 of the childhood prologue
I'd cream so hard.

It does have the content for it so maybe they'll do it?

Also I'm laughing at the SAO, Progressive, Alternative and the new Clover’s Regret novelupdates pages, it's hilarious to read the reviews for those who've not actually read the series.

>1-hour or a double length Episode 0 of the childhood prologue.
Is there enough content in the childhood chapter to go for a full hour long episode? Although it would be worth it just for the ensuing confusion from the anime only watchers.

>Is there enough content in the childhood chapter to go for a full hour long episode?
I think it's actually better to slow down the pace of the prologue. There's probably enough content to cover in 2 episodes because the first episode of Re Zero was only 1/4 of the first volume.

>Progressive
>Clover's Regret
What are they saying about that?

I actually meant the forums not the pages for the those two. It's just mainly people refusing to read it because it's SAO in typical fashion.

>novelupdates
>refusing to read it
What? Do they think they're too good for SAO? When they're the type of people perpetuating trashy Isekai and "trapped in a video-game" light novels?
They're just a bunch of children adopting someone else's opinions.

People actually like that series? I honestly don't find Girls Ops that appealing.

>Do they think they're too good for SAO?
Pretty much yeah. Forum's littered with the good old SAO hatedom. It makes even less sense with Spinoffs like Alternative GGO and Alternative Clover's Regret which has a different author writing it but with Reki's supervision.

I've tried convincing them to read SAO Alternative - Clover's Regret since it's Yuuki's story and the formation of the Sleeping Knights but I've just met with "SAO is trash and everything that stems from it will never be good" kind of responses most of the time.

>SAO Alternative - Clover's Regret since it's Yuuki's story and the formation of the Sleeping Knights
Is it? I'm pretty sure Clover's Regret has original characters, that takes place in the game that the Sleeping Knights formed in?

I think the main draw it just the CGDCT with the girls that get shafted in the original in favour of story.

It does have OCs in it and it takes place in a different game. I haven't gone far and it's mainly about the Miko and Ninja so I may have misunderstood.

I think you mistook it with the short-story, Sister's Prayer.
In Sister's Prayer, the original founders of the Sleeping Knights (Yuuki, her sister Ran, and another girl) meet in a hospice-oriented VR game, and then start playing Asuka Empire, which is the game that Clover's Regret takes place in.

I don't know how CR connects to the rest of the series though.

I think I did mistake it. I'm still gonna read it since there's loads of cultural references in there. The shady detective guy may be connected with the government and Kikuoka or something.

I like how the games are all non-canon, yet you cannot really go after any other girl asides Asuna.

Pale Rider was too cool for an one off character

He be dead bro.

A shame really.

So what the hell is this new series even about? His mind gets locked and thrown into a new world as a child or something while forgetting who he was?

Isekai Kawahara style.

More movies would also be nice. And OVAs of a few side stories (Rainbow Bridge, Sister's Prayer and Hopeful Chant / Cordial Chord). Clover's Regret too.

It's the best isekai I've seen so far.

>Rainbow Bridge, Sister's Prayer and Hopeful Chant / Cordial Chord
These are all bonus stories that complemented the BDs of other stories. It got me thinking, what kind of stories would those OVAs come with?

Season 1 had The Day Before, and The Day After
Extra Edition had Rainbow Bridge
Season 2 had Sugary Days and Sister's Prayer
Ordinal Scale had Hopeful Chant (theatres only) and Cordial Chord.

Don't think we'll ever get an ova for everything, but could always hope.

Yes. Then no. Then it gets fucked up at some point, and there's rape. And no Sinon for a long time. That's the worst part.

I think Kawahara is at least resolved on doing an indepth coverage of the first nine or ten floors since so many of the plot threads currently in Progressive seem to end there. Who knows if he is going to do the rest.

More movies, Progressive, Girl Ops OVA series, Cover's Regret and the final arc. That's pretty much what's left.

I wonder what side story would come with SAO: Alicization.

>It's the best isekai I've seen so far.
What is that even saying?

An isekai is where the protagonist of the story is thrown into another world (Re:Zero and Overlord).

Omit the 'seen' part since it hasn't aired yet.

Isnt Overlord more or less the MC and his guild from the game moved to a whole new world?

So will this have 50 episodes or something?

Hopefully

Not his guild so much as him and the NPCs that he and his guildmates made.

48 or 52 seems fine as well

I'm expecting 24 split in two cours with a one-cour break, with a probable S4 if they don't severely cut the infodumping.
That's way better than 50 episodes straight, provided we can get a better quality than Sousei no Onmyoji and other shonen, which give a good idea of the quality you can expect with 50 episodes straight with no breaks.

You realize A1 had Fairy Tail run for over 100 episodes and Space Brothers for 99. Both A1 and Pierrot kind of blow as studios in general though.

Like hell it will. You guys are a bit till to think this will go beyond 25+Fanservice OVAs.

48 or 52 episodes is optimal.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood had 52 episodes and consistent animation. I could see a cliffhanger at the end of Vol. 14 though, since the promo art only covers the Human Empire/World arc.

Best OSTs and animation though.

Well the biggest indication is that it's called SAO Alicization not SAO III. Meaning that they will adapt the entirety of Alicization fully which is as long as both seasons of SAO put together

I wonder how they'll adapt Moon Cradle.

>A1 or Pierrot best at anything
Maybe they're best at being shitty studios.

also the fact that kiseki himura is drawing the manga smulg levels are 100%

8 episode OVA series

I'd love for it to get a 4-cour run, but I'm not sure they have the same amount of money to throw for LN adaptations than they can throw for shonen manga. Then again, we get Index S3 too, so what the hell.
Alicization aside, AGGO was also entrusted to A-1, as far as I'm aware.
This is going to be a real mess.

>AGGO
What if it got Silver Link'd?

I meant A1 at their adaptation of SAO. Although not just those two, the story and extra content in general.

The movie earned tons of money.

I wish someone would do a separate translation or at least a summary for Moon Cradle already, at this rate Yen Press will catch up before defan finishes volume 18.

Is there someone here who knows moonrunes?

Ronye is the only one among the harem present in UW during the 200 year acceleration, do you think she managed to become his mistress?

We don't know the studio for now but I'd guess it's one of the Aniplex anime studios like Troyca, Layduce or A1

Can you translate V19? A lengthy summary would be nice, write it in a pastebin.

Does Kirito actually become anything interesting in this new story?

I can't, sorry. I'm just posting the illustrations, haven't actually read it yet. Maybe next month if I'm free.

Unrelated to the harem sheenanigans, where's Fanatio?

Somewhat. This is the best I can say.

Oh, Iskahn got his eye fixed?

will A-1 fuck up the Arc...? I really hope not

Thanks, looking forward to that translation.

Well speaking as someone that hasn't read the LNs, has A-1 fucked up anything important while adapting volumes 1-8 in the first two seasons?

Hopefully since we are playing as a new protagonist in Fatal Bullet all the girls besides Asuna are options for romance. Or even a harem end. That works too.

I would love to see Silver Link do an SAO spinoff.

I've never heard of Girls Ops before? What is it about?

>review something without reading it
For what purpose? What does this achieve?

Oh look stahl but 50% worse

What?

I'm an idiot so don't worry.

I think its one about Liz and Silica in ALO and theres a Sylph fairy going by Black Swordsman. Shes the tittiest monster.

You know how Silica, and Lizbeth never get screen time? And Leafa to a lesser extent later on? It's a spin off series specifically to fix that by focusing on them while not giving Kirito or Asuna any screen time.

Sword Art Online and the Half Blood Prince

Sure as hell it won't end, it's printing far too much money.

Well, both Alice and Eugeo did, so why not?

Episodes 1, 5 and 6 were all pretty much butchered.

It's pretty much "Cute Girls Doing Cute Things in a VRMMO", involving Silica, Lis, Leafa, and some new girl.

Oh nice. Sounds like it could be fun.

What is the SAO equivalent of Snape kills Dumbledore?

SAO isn't written by a SJW who hoards empty houses and blames sweden for nazis.

Just finished watching the movie. The insert songs were damn great and the final fight was pure fanservice and I loved every minute of that fight. 7/10 would watch again.

>mancunion.com/2017/02/28/age-defamation-pewdiepie-certainly-thinks/
>dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-402027/What-does-JK-Rowling-money.html

I love that the final boss was so OP is needed players from 2 other MMOs with different mechianics to bring it down.

While Kawahara isn't the best writer out there, at least the man himself seems like an alright person.

Just putting it out there, JK Rowling is a hack.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_AkamatsuThe beast author is obviously ken-sama!

Jesus Christ what the fuck is wrong with the world? Real life SAO Incident when?

In 30+ years time

>30+ years time
>tfw supposedly the time that AW takes place
I've been born in the wrong timeline.

I'm going to out myself as a pleb when I say this but I've never seen anything of his work. Any recommendations?

Start with Love Hina.
You want an IRL SAO incident.

Episode 1 wasn't particularly butchered, though they left out a key thing or two. It was mainly episode two which was heavily cut down from Aria in the Starless Night.

Woops, I meant to say Episode 2. I got them mixed up.
In either case, I figure it was cut because there was already too much Aincrad content, which is funny because the second season suffered the opposite problem, with not enough content resulting in them needlessly stretching out the arcs.

Let's hope Alicization doesn't experience any similar fuck ups. Anyone got an idea about what might potentially get cut or shortened in the story?