Does anyone else feel like its really annoying how quickly beerus has been surpassed

Does anyone else feel like its really annoying how quickly beerus has been surpassed.

I always thought beerus was a great character, good voice (both jap and dub), good design, and good personality. The fact he was stronger than both the protagonists and villains was an interesting dynamic for the series, because he was neither a good guy or a bad guy he never directly helped out the protagonists, instead he would help them indirectly, and the protagonists would have to appeal to his superior strength.

Now that he has been surpassed by both goku and jiren his unique position in DBS is ruined.

Also it means toryama has to make the heirearchy in the dragon ball universe even more confusing.

The protagonists have gone beyond:
The strongest in the universe (freiza)
The ultimate creation of an evil genius (cell)
The stongest thing in the different dimensions (Buu)
The god of destruction

now toryama has to create a heirachial tier above what he has already created in order to provide a challenge for Goku.

And yes I realise Zeno is the next step up, but once Goku (inevitably now) surpasses him, we are back at the same problem

I enjoyed episodes 109 and 110 but I don't like the fact that Gods of Destruction have already been surpassed and relegated to who cares-tier

No. He's been in the cast for 2 years. 4 if you count the original BoG movie. That's plenty of time for Goku to gain on him.

>can only maintain his form for a minute
Bills still wins

>beerus has been surpassed.
Any source on this?

Its not confirmed but heavily implied

110 episodes, cmon! It wasnt sudden. Im surprised it took so long. They had a shit ton of growth through those 110 episodes. Its fine.

And they can always say Beerus was holding back

GOHAN IS STRONGER THAN EVERYONE. HES STRONG THAN THAT GREY FAGGOT JEWREN AND RETARD GOKU. FUCK YOU IF YOU SAY OTHERWISE

Daily reminder that asspulls exist.

Goku could get erased.
Goku could be neutered by a gods magical power or the wish or dragon balls.

There are multiple ways to solve the goku question

in DBS earlier in the series when Goku and Vegeta first started training with Whis he said they need to get to a state where their body reacts on its own without conscious thought of how to move or what punch to throw, Whis also then stated it's not something Beerus has even fully mastered. Goku surpassed that last night.

>quickly
>has been around for five fucking arcs and only just getting surpassed by a temporary form

Whis said Jiren was beyond GoD level, and Goku's new form was contentious with him.
Not to mention Goku mastered a technique that allows him to move without thought that even GoDs had immense difficulty with.

If you look at how long it took Goku or others to surpass their other "enemies" then Beerus ranks as the hardest and longest opponent of them all in terms of power and knowledge needed to surpass him.

The latest episode was the first time in 2-3 years the show implied that Goku is close to surpassing him. What are you on about?

ok so beerus hasn't mastered it but goku has only used it once by accident too, I doubt goku has mastered it either

He hasn't

Beerus is still stronger, he can do the thing though.

No Billus is still the strongest. Anything else is pure headcanon we never actually saw him serious for once.

Theres nothing that points out that goku mastered anything, even he doesn't know what happened.

Power creep has always been a thing in DB, but it's reached ludicrous levels with Super.

When will Bulma and Video get sick of their loser husbands and start taking the purple D

>and Goku's new form was contentious with him.
Barely.
Even SSG vs Beerus was more evenly matched.
Jiren was still completely unphased

Beerus wasn't serious at all. There was nothing even about it.

SSB is many times stronger than SSG. Berus lied. Goku was not anywhere near him.

Beers is impressed by new form because he recognizes it as something to threaten him, but until Goku Masters it, Neerus is still king

Lol Beerus hasn't been surpassed, also y'all sleeping on Vegeta

But if Gohan is the legendary super Aryan, then Goku, even though retarded, did something right.

>surpassed
Source: your ass. His jimmies being rustled does not mean that Goku indeed have surpassed him.

>beerus has been working on it for centuries and goku just did it once
dont think he's quite there bucko, but beerus is a lazy piece of shit so its quite possible

> SSG Goku already had 80% of his power in the movie
> movie was literally retconned just so Beerus could gain a bigger advantage over him

it was entirely in due time

still not 100% if he's stronger than all of the Hakaishins.
regardless, the Angels are still far above them.
and The Grand Priest is hilariously above everyone else by Whis' admission

Excepted he has not been surpassed?

I can't how Toei cuts corners and so blatantly. The first phase of Goku vs Jiren was interesting, it actually had some decent animation and it was superbly directed.

After Goku went Ultra Faggot, every single minute they show of the fight, there's two of the people outside the arena talking about the fight.

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

Disclaimer: I didn't give a fuck about DBS and only started watching because of Brolly (skipped everything until now). That chapter was a shit-show but this is even worse.

>I always thought beerus was a great character
fuck off with your shit taste retard

do you mind stop destorying every dbs thread with your gohan shit faggot?

He barely managed to use it for a minute. He's far from mastering it you idiot.

>quickly
>110 epsiodes

remember when Toeifags complained like autistic little sperg how it was a total asspull managing to learn hakai so fast even though it's supposed to be a GoD technique?

Now we have Goku who managed to learn Ultra Instinct which even GoD's have struggle to learn and no one bats an eye.

HILARIOUS HAHAHAHA

>Everyone should like the same thing

Geniune Autism detected

everyone besides majin buu was only the self proclaimed strongest. After buu was defeated, (the strongest mortal) the gods showed up and said ok wtf is goin on here on this weird little off the radar planet

How does Ultra Instinct make Goku stronger though?

plot

>How
Right? I thought it was just like a fighting style, like a spider sense. I don't get how he was able to close the immense gap between him and jiren

>Billus
go fuck yourself

seems like ultra instinct not only gives one ridiculous reaction time but it makes the user grow in power as well

vegeta isn't even strong enough now to have been a contender in the first tournament though...

>Beerus hasn't been surpassed
Literally a mortal that no GoD can't beat
>hasn't been surpassed
OK

Either goku was always strong enough to harm jiren, but his attacks were too slow/predictable, so jiren was able to parry perfectly (and now that goku isn't thinking he's fast enough to land actual hits)
or
some retarded bullshit where not thinking allows you to repurpose your ki as additional attack power

Honestly I feel like Hit's time skip is a better Technique than Ultra Instinct anyway, and will give Jiren more trouble when evolved

Why doesn't everybody try and learn that instead?

it's the second
see

Maybe? Goku only got a recharge in power from absorbing the Spirit Bomb energy, it looks like Ultra Instinct makes him not hold back but still have extreme precise control over his movements

Goku has quickly surpassed every obstacle and gotten ridiculously powerful in no time. Beerus is the first character that has stayed stronger than him for this long, your complaint is retarded.

I kind of agree; I'm not sure where the series can go if Goku and Vegeta manage to to tap into Ultra Instinct. But even without that, the series trapped itself a bit by introducing the best of the best and the GoDs of other universes when it did. Who is left to be a threat?
I wouldn't say that's retarded bullshit, though. It makes sense that if he's fighting that much more efficiently he can hit harder and smarter when he does.

Post your favorite Gohan Blanco image/webm

>Who is left to be a threat?
DB GT SUPER
GOD CELL, GOD BABY, GOD SHENRON

Because it makes it so his hips can move on their own.

Jiren is only stronger than Belmond, in the manga they all fight versus Beerus and he hold his own vs all the gods [/spoler]

hes just dodging hes not taking them on.

nobody gives a shit about what happens in the fanfic manga

faggot

The series trapped itself when it introduced God and devils, but then it managed to overcome that by introducing aliens, then it trapped itself when Frieza, the ruler of the universe was defeated, then again with Cell, a perfect being made from all these strong fighters. Then the real gods were introduced with the Kaioshin, and Buu was created to be even stronger than what we knew, so much that he was initially a full on gag character. After all of this, they introduce Gods of Destruction, the real actual strongest beings, except the angels and Zeno are actually stronger now.

If the series has to go on, something stronger will appear, this has always been the case. Just because we don't know of something stronger doesn't mean there isn't.

it's been 4 years since beerus was introduced and I doubt goku is stronger

oh yesss
i really want to see gohans redemption. they made him into such a weak little bitch.
then again he started out as a whiney little bitch, but ended up the strongest in the z universe, so there's still hope he ends up the same way in super too.

curious though, is caulifa gokus mirror, and kales gohans, (considering cabbot is vegetas)?
if so gohan still needs to tap into his legendary supersaiyan powers

Kale is Brolly's mirror.

Its a bigger power up than the Old Kai ritual. I hope he goes Blue while using this unlike bitch ass Gohan did

>Goku surpassing "super strong guy"
>Surprising

Do you realize what you are watching? It is granted that shit like this will always happen man. No point on being all worked up about it. Its always going to happen, never going to change.

This is how Power Level shit shows work.

>Just because we don't know of something stronger doesn't mean there isn't.
Obviously, but Gods of Destruction and the literal God of everything are a more concrete ceiling than anything the series has had up to this point. That makes it trickier to write around convincingly or in a satisfying way.

>This is how Power Level shit shows work
but super isn't a power level show...

But every time we thought we had found out about the "real god" a new higher being was introduced.

Korin->Kami-Sama->Kaiousama->Kaioushin->Angels->Zeno

Each time there wasn't a real need for the next one. I don't think that there'll be anything beyond as far as gods go, but there still could be stronger beings, like Majin Buu was to Kaioushins.. And even if not, Goku is barely now getting to GoD level, that's still not Angel or Zeno level.

>to write around convincingly or in a satisfying way
were you convinced by frieza's "I wasn't really trying" explanation? or trunk's "Ok now i'm REALLY mad" explanation? DBS is for kids. it was never meant to be a serious continuation of the show.

Gohan is not Goku. A large point of Dragonball Z and now even Super is that Goku is kind of fucked up. Gohan priorities aren't fighting, it's his family and his job.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Whis is still miles above Beerus, Goku, Jiren and the rest.

While DBS is indeed for kids, so was DBZ. Just because the American version made it edgier, it doesn't mean the core content is any better. The Zenkai Boosts in Namek fucked up every possible balancing in the future, and then the Androids just destroyed any suspension of disbelief by making no sense. The Buu Saga was a mess because of this, Super just said fuck it and put fun over past consistency.

>Bills

bullshit, mystic gohan was always teh strongest of dbz (non fuzed)
oh right super makes the movies cannon.
makes sense considering brolly was also gokus sibling.
that's unlikely, as gohan can't even go supersaiyan in mystic form.
bringing up trunks makes me wonder, why didn't they choose him for the ToP? he's a much better contender than say frieza or krillin

>also y'all sleeping on Vegeta
It's a virtual 3 way tie between him, Freiza, and 18 for 2nd place in their own universe. He can't lay a finger on Hit and he's not in the same tier as Jiren.

>Opening literally credits Toyotaro
Fuck off

>some retarded bullshit where not thinking allows you to repurpose your ki as additional attack power
Fuck it. Make it where Goku is 100% offense and if he takes a hit it's automatic critical damage.
Make Goku the DPS of the squad and Vegeta can play tank.

>surprised by someone surpassing someone in dragon ball
>especially the mary sue of the series
really makes you think

>how quickly beerus has been surpassed.

I think it's been like 3 or 5 years since BoG.

Brainlet detected. If PL's don't exist, what is kaioken multiplying? Just because they don't literally state how strong goku is numerically anymore doesn't mean his powerlevel isn't increasing.

Beerus is just one of the twelve current Gods of Destruction. He isn't even that special. Of course he can be surpassed-- by the next God of Destruction of Universe 7.

The multipliers make no sense. He definitely isn't 20 times as powerful, if anything it's a considerable boost, but absolutely not 20 times.

Why? Because of your headcanon? If they say it's 20x more powerful than usual, then it is. It may be really fucking shitty writing but it's canon. I don't even know why I'm in this thread, I dropped this trash months ago.

At the end of the day he can just train for 4 months instead of being a lazy cunt who sleeps for decades and regain his status or some stupid shit. I mean, Frieza could do it, so why the fuck not?

Facts don't change just because you don't like them.
That's how DB has always worked.

Can we appreciate how well the animators are making Ribrianne the most unlikable character since U9's Kaioshin?
She got cockslapped by like three different guys during the special, dumb fat slut.

>Frieza and Goku come up with a plan, they fake Goku's death
>Gohan goes into a rage and using his potential, has complete control over Ultra Instinct and beats Jiren

Book it, its happening

>Cuckhan being remotely relevant

Did they release the name of the song that was played during the ultra instinct goku and jiren fight?

It just because it multiplies the arbitrary number that represents power level. Based on the fights we've been shown, KK with SSB really doesn't scale the way it's "supposed" to. Besides Jiren, he's been at least able to fight decently with the foes he's used KK on before using, and when he used it, he didn't show feats that you'd expect from multiplying his power.

In Z it made a bit more sense, because he used it constantly to even keep up. Now it's just a short power boost that doesn't even make him stronger than an enemy he was fighting on par with before.

Even if Beerus is surpassed all he has to do polish up and train for 4 months and then he'll curb stomp Goku. Remember Beerus is extremely lazy.

In a way that's what happened with the Kid Buu fight, Goku uses way too much energy because glass canon and had to rest while Vegeta held him just long enough for Goku to recover and Genki Dama his ass.

We've also seen this in their very 1st fight too were Vegeta tanked major attack after major attack and was only beat by the final one Goku couldn't even finish he needed Krillin and Gohan to help.

That's a cool headcanon theory that actually holds up

>Beerus
>surpassed
Why do you lie?

Jiren would body Beerus

Why do you lie so?

wrong

Goku or jiren aren't even 60%,of beerus power

The comparison by Toriyama was that SSG Goku was a 6, Beerus was a 10, and that Whis is a 15. Current Goku is a lot stronger than that earliest version of him at the end of Z/start of Super. But he's still weaker than Beerus who we haven't seen go all out.

>listening to Toriyama
>listening to something Tori said years ago
It doesn't mean anything

sure it does since he still writes the story

Not a argument.

Vegeta was all like how did you do that Kaka carrot cake. So we know he didn't achieve anything much from his training in the time chamber.

Okay Satan, whatever you say

That's Ultra Satan to you.