DBS

Honest thoughts on Dragon Ball Super?

Better than GT, pretty fun ideas, decent sequel considering all these years, horrible animation from Toei though. I wish that Toyo and Tori were directly in charge of Super.

Decent fan service, shit everything else. The latest episode is the rotten cherry on the turd cake. Yet another recolored SSJ and a slideshow fight. And animators so lazy they skipped over SSJ3 during the 2 second "try all the power ups" sequence.

Toei have proven they can put out some great stuff, their scheduling is just really bad.
I don't mind that Toyo isn't in charge because the anime/manga having their different takes on storytelling is novel and refreshing, the real issue is just the visual inconsistency. Sometimes it's very pretty, others repetitive.

>And animators so lazy they skipped over SSJ3 during the 2 second "try all the power ups" sequence.

Does anyone care about Super Saiyajin 3 anymore

Hahaha, this was just a teaser for the real limit breaking form.

It's yet to come.
This here is the real limit breaking form.

Honestly, it's garbage.

This special episode made me feel like a kid again. I loved every minute of it - HYPE as fuck.

They skipped SSJ3 because nobody gives a fuck about SSJ3.

It's good. The last two episodes were great though dude.

You sound like a joyless fuck.

Probably not since they made it shit to not have to draw more of it. But it would have made sense to use it in that scene since Goku wasn't maintaining any of the forms, just doing some quick test. Apparently even 5 frames of SSJ3 is too difficult for Toei.

Another steaming pile of shit served straight from Toriyama's senile asshole to stain his already unwashed toilet of a 'legacy'.

And before anyone questions me, remember that Toriyama was promoting Dragon Ball Evolution before it got panned by critics.

Not an argument.

How amazing this was yet still knowing that the actual climax is still to come is such a good feel.

Pretty sure Tori himself doesn't like SSJ3, or even forgot about it. They probably view it as a pointless stop-gap, especially since, in-universe, it's a disproportionate stamina-drain. Goku was better off hopping right into God.
Also, that wasn't a "slideshow fight", learn what that means.

Why are people enjoying an episode where Goku jobs?

That was the most fucking pointless transformation since SSJ3.

Good shit.
It still has to make more sense of the last transformation and how he got it.
They also need to keep the consistency of the fights sequences in the style of first minutes of Goku UI vs Jiren instead of all the atatatata sequences.

Because it did an amazing job showing that Goku still has new heights of power to reach, gave us a taste of it and teased us with it's eventual return.
It's called setting the stage. Not everything has to be "GOOD GUY WINS RIGHT NOW OR IT SUCKS". This wasn't the finale of the arc.

Nope, just an observation. I'm not buttmad or anything, I don't usually spend my time defending the many shitty parts of DBS

Because 80-90% of the posters in DBS threads are literally from mexico/south america and the other 10-20% are westerners that make fun of them constantly by spamming pictures of 'gohan blanco', 'el grande padre', 'super saiyan shaggy' and 'goten black'.

>It's called setting the stage.

Yes which in this case consists of jobbing. Goku powered up and lost so everyone could see how powerful Jiren was. It is the literal most basic definition of jobbing.

If they keep going in the direction the special was in, Super may end up being better than z and db.

If I didn't like fun I wouldn't give a fuck about the fan service. But it's just about the only nice thing about super, most of the old cast gets some nice moments. Current arc isn't completely terrible, but it's stupid that these 2 episodes got the spotlight when they're so weak.

Why doesn't every single fighter just gang up on Jiren?

callate estupido, goku es mi jesus!!!!! fucking idiot, goku always wins.

Relies too much on nostalgia for my tastes.

Because they dumb

It is crystal clear the'll have a rematch.

Only 3 fighters have the potential to take him on - Goku, Frieza, and Hit

>Also, that wasn't a "slideshow fight", learn what that means.
The fight alternated between a few frames sliding in slowmotion and explosion effects in the background, it was hot garbage.

Why were Ribrianne's tits so big this episode?

great

and Gohan

I never denied it was jobbing, dummy. I said it had a thematic purpose.
It gave Goku a brief boost of power to contend with the arc's superpower, and also gave him an immediate motivation coming out of these episodes to reclaim that power so he can once again fight Jiren.
It showed us a scale of the power necessary to battle Jiren, and set up the ensuing events. That's not "useless", whether or not it's jobbing.

>Gohan white will beat all the remaining fighters from the foreign universes
Is Toei trying to tell us something?

It's actually one part because SSJ3 takes actual effort too much to animate(there's a reason why everyone is bald or has quasi SSJ nevermove hair) and the writers are weakling fuccbois who like fujo friendly twink forms.

I like the story for what it is and all the new characters. No real issues with the plot.

The animation quality really is a problem though, its improved but when you see what other shows are doing its sad how subpar Super is by comparison.

>Also, that wasn't a "slideshow fight", learn what that means.

Copied and traced scene from the OP, and differentiated between 4 frames of Goku and Jiren punching each other while flying. It's the definition of a slideshow fight, pedro.

A slideshow fight is something with no flow or consistency from one motion to the next. While it was broken up by a little too much dialogue for my tastes, a good chunk of what we did see did a fine job of underscoring the story they were going for, and it wasn't all just "atatatatata" spam.

>1 hour special
>fill it with QUALITY

what did Toei mean by this?

>Unless the heros win every single fight its bad

Do you have any idea how fucking boring a show like that would be

See: Basically, no.

>dragon ball super
>they actually had a good episode
idk they might have realized people actually watch super

Would you?

Toriyama doesn't give a shit, he's only in it for the money.

Going to buy himself a new lambo to pick up underage prostitutes in the red light district of tokyo.

The animation is terrible, even this 40 minute special only had a couple good minutes in there at most.

is he still salty that goku's keep cucking him with so many new rivals

Post a thread on /bant/ before I bother responding to your stupid ass, Pedro. I care not to argue with a mexican.

>we were modified to destroy you
Oh come on, they have no reason to hate him anymore. Super is pushing this weird idea that him & 17 are really similar in character to each other too.

I accept your concession Miguel

Slideshow means static images sliding, which was pretty much how that fight was rendered on screen.

>freeza is helping Goku
That's even more confusing than Vegeta doing it.

Are you a wrestling fan? I feel like if you were you would consider everyone who loses jobbing.

I prefer THICC over STICC

Did you really need to draw all those stupid circles and arrows?

End this fucking arc already. The new form isn't even interesting.

I thought that was cool, how it kinda came full circle

It's pretty annoying. We get the similaries. There's spoon feeding and then there's blatantly holding our jaws to chew

Because Freeza's not a retard. This is life or death for their entire universe. Vegeta's just being his typical moronic self.

It was a good deal of that, I'll give you, but it was that in bursts while informative dialogue was being delivered by Whis/Beerus.
The actual extended fight scenes were fairly dynamic.

Frieza's enough of a narcissist to, at least inwardly, understand when there's a guy he can't fuck with.
He knows erasure is on the line and he values himself above all else. Better to toss his lot with his only hope, which was the SB.

So will this end in Goku, Hit and Jiren triple-KO so that other characters can have any contribution to the outcome or is it going to be just big guys show from now on?

Goku back on Namek was so much more enjoyable than he is now. The way he beat the shit out of the Ginyu force, and the way he behaved and fought Freeza after going SSJ, that was some good shit.

> so that other characters can have any contribution to the outcome
lol

Hit's not even in the conversation with Goku's new form and Jiren.
We'll have a little Goku story of him trying to get back to his new form, and when he does he'll probably escalate it even further.

mediocre over all but the latest episode is redeeming it

Its way more interesting than Bluper Saiyan

Ultra Instict actually changes how Goku fights, Bluper Saiyan is literally just a recolor. Its probably the best transformation since the original SS

He's doing it for his fellow mexicans (mexico has one of the lowest ranking educational institutions in the world).

Hit evolves with fighting so he'll probably get to a high level. Frieza's going to get Ultra Instinct-tier as well

What will be the twist of the ToP?

My bet is Golden Frieza Knocking Jiren and the grand finale fight being Goku Vs Frieza.

If Jiren is so strong why didn't he just knock everybody out of the arena and be done with it already?

any new gohan blancos?

how did we went from this?

>Hit's not even in the conversation with Goku's new form and Jiren

Hits already adapting to be able to keep up with Jiren in the next episode

What changed?

>Battle of trying to save energy
>"Why didn't he use the most ridiculously inefficient form he has?"
>slideshow
You're a fucking idiot.

Will the opening be with the new aura from now on?

I mean no one else is hyped up to the same caliber as those 3. Could Ribrianne get another love boost? U4 hidden fighter shenanigans? Kale going ultimate limitbreaker berserk SSNuclear?

why do you keep posting this in every thread autismo?

every single day flamboyant

>Hit evolves with fighting so he'll probably get to a high level.

Yeah, but THIS much? If he can close that gap, why not train with Vados, become Angel-tier, and stomp Jiren off the bat?

>Frieza's going to get Ultra Instinct-tier as well

I really hope so.

What about SS3, SS4 or Super Saiyan God?

I would

>people in africa and shitty south american countries are watching super
For real, how? I mean don't they have actual issues to deal with like hunger or druglords or something?

What's Jiren's end goal?

Too clowny, or doesn't say anything, or too childish even by Goku standards. When he went SSJ against Freeza he had that strong serious but not hateful attitude that was real badass.

Do you think about your problems 24/7?

Rolf edit
LOL

>goku blanco

Like I said, he used each form only for a few seconds just to probe the level of Jiren, "muh stamina" isn't an argument.

So how will this new form look in the manga?

oh wow people all over the world are interested in the show how suprising

He was going to teach Caulifla SSj3

None of those change how Goku fought either, at least God was a little intesting since it made him skinny but it was the same fights essentially.

Regular Goku with some little lightnings all around.

I can't believe there are people who like super. This isn't just about having good taste or shit taste because dragonball super is literally shit. It's garbage trash out of tori's ass and yet there are idiots eating all of it.

>Transforming into SSJ3 doesn't take any stamina
SSJ1, 2 and red are easy on stamina. Blue eats energy, but he needs it to actually do damage. 3 would literally just be a waste of energy. You, like most people who complain about perceived inconsistencies in Dragonball, are a fucking idiot.

It's what they watch before they kill each other

>yfw Goku started building up the Spirit Bomb and Jiren said "I'll wait"