Why does this character exist?

Why does this character exist?

The same reason why the other new girls existed.

Because she is a time traveler

read delueze

To sell more figurines.

Why does THIS character exist?

She's there to make sure Asuka and Shinji have sex.

He's a protagonist, someone we can relate to as a means to introduce us to the world and story.

Care to elaborate?

He doesn't exist

If you can relate to someone who repeatedly chokes the only person interested in him, you might have a problem.

To protect Hamboiger from the krautowagonkampfenschnooble

He's probably referring to the difficult to comprehend co-authored with Felix Guattari book Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia and possibly its other part A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia. Though he could have also meant Deleuze's extensive books about cinema, where the term "Deleuzian" is supposedly coined, but as we're talking about a character and not necessarily cinematography (the original series would have been a better example to reference Deleuze with this), it's probably not. In addition, Deleuze is also known for other books on contemporary French philosophers and writers such as Foucault and Proust, as well as new essays criticisms on older ones such as Nietzsche and Spinoza

>Oh fuck how do we make this girl not just like the other two attempts?
>Let's make her gay
BRAVO ANNO

>I can't at all relate to a character if he at any point does something I wouldn't
Autism speaks.

Is that Yui?

To befriend Asuka

>interested in him
Can you seriously not grasp why he's frustrated with Asuka, and how the world is basically ending while he chokes her?

Are we being raided by Gainax shills?
There's like five eva threads in the catalog right now

So less than usual?

To destroy Eva.

>shills

>implying that gainax has money for shill
>implying that they have money for anything

Probably because she actually had a purpose in the movie that 3.0 was actually meant to be.

To be Asuka's girlfriend.

>Why does this character exist?
because she was destined to become my waifu :3

To be perfect and make Eva worth watching.

Merchandising, literally a mandate from producers and executives that they needed to characters for more merchandising.

who are those characters again