Is this show any good or just a ripoff of madoka?

Is this show any good or just a ripoff of madoka?

It pretty good on its own right

It's not very good.

It's shit compared to Madoka

>Madoka comparison
It's not even good enough to stand up on its own. The concept was neat up until it ripped off Rebellion with "muh fake world" bullshit. It tied up a lot of its loose ends (sloppily btw), but autists everywhere still think there is justification for more content to exist.

Basically, it's a weeb filter. Enjoying it is a good way for people to recognize you have shit taste.

The fact thats youre unable to recognize the implications and that all the events are actually consistent within the shows own narrative rather shows that youre too mentally limited to even understand a story as simple as YuYuYu. There are explanations for how the sacrificial system works, why Nogi didnt get a refund for her services but Yuukis team did, etc.

It's a pretty good Madoka ripoff

The second someone calls this a Madoka ripoff you instantly know that that persons opinion is irrelevant. Madoka did neither invent school girl suffering, nor did it invent Mahou Shoujo or fantastical worlds. Particularly the latter concepts were already present in other, popular shows like Sailormoon or Jeanne.

retard

I know its hard to accept but Madokas didnt do anything. Its biggest accomplishments are being made by a meme studio and adding an overload of angst. I am not surprised that someone who praises that show is unable to properly crop and edit images, though.

>good

That's a good enough word, I liked it. Yuna's surprisingly hot for being the MC

It's great. Poopoo on the haters.

A walmart madoka

>madoka as the benchmark for all mahou shoujo with a bit of edge in it

this is why i have trust issues

I know it's fun to be different but Madoka is in the discussion for top ten anime series ever. It was actually amazing.

Cynical rip-off of many anime. Hackahiro tried to engineer a hit by emulating other series, the series lacks any substance whatsoever.

No one says that Madoka is not good. The point here is that Madoka itself is hardly original. But retards who compare YuYuYu/Symphogear/Vividred/Gen'ei/whatever to Madoka have never watched any other mahou shoujo show than Madoka.

spoiler alert but I need some refreshing...

I saw the first series some time ago, so as I recall, the girls in the first series are basically living in a small piece of lands of what is left of the world, the rest of the world has been destroyed or something like that and a goddess or whatever is protecting what is left, but for some reason the people that live there cannot see whats outside their island or something like that right?

I was describing it as Evangelion, because its like evangelion where they had to stop the angels from reaching Adam, in this case, stop the enemy from reaching the shrine.

It's better.

>Madoka is in the discussion for top ten anime series ever
I dont even have a reaction image appropriate for this.

>hardly original

That's basically the third most common way to attack something when you simply want to attack something and don't have a real reason to put forth. I'll give you points though for not resorting to the much more lazy wording of calling it generic or cliche though.

I just found out the other day that Madoka was delayed after episode ten which I personally believe to be the most well done episode of anime to ever air and all because of a natural disaster. That must have been really hard for everybody who watched the series while airing for it to be delayed after a cliff hanger like that after experiencing that. Lucky for me I watched Madoka long after it aired for the first time and I watched the next episode so fast it would make your head spin. It must have been an experience for all you poor souls.

I suppose there's no real discussion, everyone knows it's in the top 3.

I remember the suffering from having to wait so long... all the speculation that occured during those weeks without a new episode on Sup Forums it was madness.

that said, Madoka was pretty good, I also like Yuyuyu, kinda excited that the new series is actually a prequel staring Washio.

That's because I don't want to attack Madoka. It's one of my favourite shows and I like it more than YuYuYu S1 (NoWaYu is much better than Madoka though). It's not the problem with the show, it's the problem with its retarded fanbase which compares everything and their mother to PMMM even if the shows have nothing in common like PMMM and YuYuYu.

>there will never be another anime as epic as Madoka

user, most of the time its shitposters but people kinda compare all magical girls that have some amount of suffering to Madoka because that is what Madoka is known for. so the moment a magical girl anime has some suffering in the plot people are going to make that comparison, no one compares LWA to Madoka nor CCS, Sailor Moon, Kaitou Saint Tail, Nurse Angel Ririka Kaitou Jeanne etc.

I can only imagine. When they played the intro at the end of the episode it had me fucked up but unlike you guys I got to look up the meaning of it right away and didn't have to suffer. I kinda wish I watched it with you guys now. The only way I can describe how I felt watching Madoka was like jacks obsession from nightmare before Christmas except replace Christmas with Madoka. I haven't been that into an anime since I was a kid and Homura is totally a badass. My favorite character was Kyoko though.

Despite what people believe I think Madoka is actually highly underrated. Its such a good series but I think people dismiss it because of how popular it is.

I remember that episode 11 and 12 aired on Good Friday. Fun times.

>people dismiss it because of how popular it is.
More like people dismiss it because it has an army of dedicated shitposters and cancerous fanboys that will come swarming any time the show is mentioned.

Yea, I was dumb back then. I seen Madoka threads everywhere all the time like it was the only anime people cared about and despite all that I never watched it. I thought it was just a meme and it was just a typical moe series so I didn't experience it with everybody. It's one thing I actually regret.

Well don't get me wrong user. I get it. I usually like to look down on series I enjoyed in the last and call them overrated because it's fun but Madoka is one of the very few series that gave me so much joy that I'll just shamelessly give it praise no matter what.

past*

>Madoka is actually highly underrated
No

Madoka
Sora no Otoshimoto
Step no Hanayome
Clannad Afterstory
Carnival Phantasm
FMA
Muromi san

I can usually make fun of any anime I watch no matter how much I enjoyed it but these are the very few anime I always stick up for and give nothing but praise.

>I'll just shamelessly give it praise no matter what.
Then you're part of the reason why the Madoka fanbase is considered one of the worst on Sup Forums. I and probably the majority of those who watched it enjoyed the show itself, but I hate how you people turn the threads of every tangentially mahou shoujo/suffering/whatever related show into shitposting about Madoka all the fucking time. If you want to praise Madoka or talk about it, just make a thread for it.

Seto^

Read the topic of the thread user. Couple that with that fact that almost everybody has watched Madoka and it's bound to be brought up sooner or later.

Its decent, but a very blatant Madoka clone.

Madoka comparisons are superficial. It's overwhelmingly positive and only becomes negative to reinforce its positive themes.

With how much I enjoyed made in the Abyss it probably belongs here as well. It was such an original story and the voice acting was probably the best I've ever seen not to mention I loved the character designs. It reminded me of maple story so I'm probably being a little unfair here.

>Read the topic of the thread user.
That's what I mean. Why create threads for other shows just to shitpost them to death with Madoka stuff? It doesn't only happen with YuYuYu, but with basically every single remotely similar show since the last 6 years. I can't think of any other fanbase that is anywhere close as obsessive about comparing everything to their favorite show except maybe Evangelion for mecha.

Another quick thing about Made in the Abyss is the "escape" was real which I love. It really gave me a sense of being on an epic adventure with such an original idea that I wouldn't imagine myself in probably an entire lifetime. I really enjoyed the series.

Well Eva and Madoka are always being compared. You just can't avoid some things user. I still love Madoka regardless and I thought Eva was a good series as well.

The last episode of season one of Sora no Otoshimoto is stupidly underrated and I know that term is thrown around a lot but in this case I actually believe it.

>You just can't avoid some things user.
Yeah, shitposters will always exist. But at least you can make them less likely to ruin a thread by not mentioning the shows that attract them, so there you have the reason why people "dismiss" Madoka.

Same thing with Seto when Nagasumi finally becomes a respect member of the family. It totally had me tearing up.

Dismissing Madoka isn't even considered an option in my head. I know that other people do it but I'm just saying that will never be me.

It cares about its characters more.

What?