Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TonLOAkc1OY
youtube.com/watch?v=5KM5VB2jk24
fictionpress.com/s/3206139
youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to
nyaa.si/view/831686
youtube.com/watch?v=swIwgeaOasM
desuarchive.org/a/thread/163196570/#q163244101
sass-master-stevens.tumblr.com/post/71185226328/expulsion-from-eden-in-30-and-is-shinji-eve
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love Asuka!

>numbers only go from one to sixteen
>leaves out the other 84 numbers you could roll

This is now an Eva memes thread

I'd fix that if I wasn't a lazy shit

What would have it been like if asuka turned the world to juice (i havent watched this anime)

youtu.be/TonLOAkc1OY

You want me to watch all of Oedipus Rex?

why

15, same as every day.

OC do not steal

- Because it'll make you cultured
- Because it's good
- Because it's fun
- Because you probably have nothing better to do at the moment, let's be honest, and even if you do you can't control you'reself
- Because I love you

Reminder the Master learned from the best.

but I've seen Oedipus Rex. And Antigone.

Yeah, but you're not everyone in this thread, are you? ...are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=5KM5VB2jk24

I'm losing grasp of my sides

>Jest-alt

I've never seen Evangelion but I know pretty much everything about it

Then you don't know much because it's like 90% about the visuals.

These clowns are like the anti-wake, but I guess that's the joke.

Tell us about it.

15. Same as everyday

God I hate the fact that i'm the shinji of my life, huge daddy issues.
Though I want his approval and all I am is his doing.
I'm so fucked

Shinji is a pussy who's afraid to get inside his EVA unit. His father leads the whole save the world with robots thing. He's an asshole and does the hands thing a lot. Rei honestly seems like a bland submissive character for people who crave relationships but are afraid of feelings and personalities, there's a billion of her, at least one of whom is gigantic and naked, also she's like a clone of Shinji's mom or whatever. Asuka is the hot headed tsundere. These girls pilot robots no problem, I really don't know why but they consider shinji a love interest. There's the third girl who is older and drinks beer, she doesn't pilot a mech. There's white haired dude who everyone says is gay but it seems like it could be a meme. There's also a glasses wearing psycopath girl they introduced later when they found out there's more than 3 types of waifu. The villains are aliens but the mechs seem pretty alien themselves. Animation is a technical masterpiece. I hate the Opening song

Shinji Ikari falls in love with an Asuka Langley Soryu.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the German girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression, asking, "Anta baka?" After some investigation, he finds out that the redhead he called is not the same bitch he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is Asuka Shikinami Langley, Asuka Langley Soryu's alternate universe counterpart who has fallen in love with Shinji's own AU self who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of TSUNDERE.

KEIT-AI FINDS A WAY

毛糸愛は方法を見つけます

KEIT-AI TROUVE UN MOYEN

KEIT-AI FINDET EINEN WEG

KEIT-AI TROVA UN MODO

KEIT-AI ENCUENTRA UNA MANERA

毛糸愛找到了戏路

게읻애 항상 길을 찾습니다

KEIT-AI BIR YOLUNU BULUR

KEIT-AI ZNAJDZIE SPOSÓB

KEIT-AI TROVAS MANIERON

קייט-איי מוצא דרך

Not too bad.

>There's white haired dude who everyone says is gay but it seems like it could be a meme

It is not.

Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

fictionpress.com/s/3206139

Rei a shit. Asuka a best.

A pepe falls in love with a wojak
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the wojak's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the wojak, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the wojak he called is not the same wojak he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this memeverse at all. He is the wojak's alternate memeverse counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE OF SHIT MEMES.

Dear lord god in heaven, it just gets worse and worse, doesn't it?

>floating diamond that's everybody's waifu
kek

Shaggy Dramatically Reads Keit-Ai.

youtube.com/watch?v=XHfyLv6t5to

Shinji Ikari falls in love with Rei Ayanami.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the albino girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to Rei, she only looks at him with a blank expression on her face. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same clone he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the Eva pilot's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of NON-HUMANS.

Welcome to AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Well...

Every morning, not recent days, but I see my friend who has a problem with his mental health. It's so hard for him just to do a high five, his whole body shivers with anxiety just reaching out to my hand. Now, thinking of him, I cannot watch this Eva stuff and find it interesting. Whoever creates this stuff has no idea what pain is whatsoever. I am utterly disgusted. If you really want to make things that make me feel sick, you can go ahead and do it. I would never wish to incorporate this perversion into my work at all. I strongly feel that this ... Evangelion stuff is an affront to human life itself.

Apparently Asuka being best girl is a metaphor for superiority in waifu taste.

I have like many Eva theories in my head that all make good sense to me, but it would require so much work to translate them to normal people evidence and make images explaining them that I can't be assed

Alex jones is pure unadulterated cancer.
He deliberately talks about absolute stupidity in order to condition and discredit to things with actual credibility.
Worst disinfo agent.

Rick and Morty is dead.

Agent? Nah. Just someone who figured out where the money is.
People are so hungry for just that one little sliver of the paranormal they are ready to drown people like Aliex Jones in neetbux just to feel good about themselves.
Also, when you see so much incompetence and misery in people in power, it's comforting to think there is some sort of conspiracy doing global damage control. It's comfy imagining a commitee in a dark room figuring out how to do law, order and new man, even if it's all for selfish reasons or just for the sake of ritual.

>Agent? Nah. Just someone who figured out where the money is.
There's following the money (revealing credible info only) and then there's paid agent disinformation.
He's a fucking agent, don't try to suggest he ain't, he clearly is there to condition people away from whatever he says.

I think he'll have a "massive mishap" soon just for psyop reasons. Demoralisation.

>cancer and aids as the same time

If he's a distraction, I need to ask distraction from what? Endulge me. And don't just say a man in a mask and a red suit is trying to make a new human race.

Shinji's actions and words directly before god-Rei materializes and instrumentality truly begins are really incomprehensible. The entire sandbox sequence that begins with "That's right. It's like when I started practicing the cello." I don't know what the fuck Anno was going for there.
The only thing I'm sure about is that he started instrumentality, or chose the path it would take (collective gathering of souls) because Asuka rejected him in that kitchen fight sequence. He did it either as punishment since he knew she would hate it, or as a way to get close to her by force.

is he talking about Sailor Moon?

Nah, He's talking about the Utena movie

>you will never receive a woman's gentle touch

Watch it again and pause the frames. Can't explain it rationally, you'll just get that gut feeling when it clicks together.

I already tried that, I got the very slight hunch that the entire Evangelion world was just a previous crack at instrumentality. Shinji saying: "I thought it was supposed to be a world without unpleasantness, where no one would betray me."
It doesn't seem like he's talking about instrumentality given it has just begun seconds ago when he says that, and the images flashing on the screen seem to show 'real-world' (ie. non-instrumentality) betrayals he's suffered.

I don't know though, there just aren't enough clues. Anno clearly didn't intend for people to figure some things out. The actual answer might well be stupid.

I've never seen this show, why is it hyped up so much? Is the ending really the epitome of anime like it's claimed to be?

Just stop what you're doing, download it and watch it.
No one can explain it to you, it's something you have to experience for yourself.
nyaa.si/view/831686

It was genuinely a really good story, with really good characters. There's loads of people who didn't like it (just like with anything), but a lot of people who did like it are still amazed by just how damn much they enjoyed it that they can't stop talking about it.

"The epitome of anime" is obviously an exaggeration, but it really is very very good. I mean, what other show has two to five live threads on Sup Forums, all day, every day, two decades after it aired?

It was deliberately vague I think. Anno may have the appearance of a Bond mastermind but it's just an appearance. One old theory or idea was that the world in the series was not really what it seemed. That they went through several attempts before they had enough emotional maturity to leave instrumentality.
To anyone who's going to compare this to the doujin: don't bother, not a fan.

One of the best anime of all time. This is not arguable.

>I mean, what other show has two to five live threads on Sup Forums, all day, every day, two decades after it aired?
Don't remind me. Each time I make a hyper oats or cause I feel it just sinks.

Kaworu's destination is Tabris, the angel of free will.

The name "Nagisa" is a pun. The kanji character "Nagisa" consists of the katakana "shi" and the kanji "sha," forming the word "Shisha," or "messenger." Kaworu, after all, is the final messenger, and the word used for "Angel" in the original Japanese is "shito," or "Apostle.

He was originally in a sailor uniform.

He is Shinji's idealised form, which is why he said he was made to meet him.

DO NOT WATCH IT. THIS IS A WARNING. Watch it and for the next twenty years you'll repeat this thread at least once a week
>who is best Eva girl?
>Rei
>no Asuka
>no [insert side character is best]
>Rei is a submissive doll
>no she's not
>Asuka is a bitch
>no she's not
>would fuck Karl, no homo

Yeah but we have a good time
At least it's not a Madoka thread

Don't listen to this guy. No matter what situation you're in, you'll be able to connect to show in some way. Watch it right now, you'll regret not seeing it sooner.

>Asuka is a bitch
>no she's not
This part is correct.

HEEEEY

It was funny watching that EoE plagiarism called 'Mother' bomb epically

Serious question; what killed Leliel?

I know that the angel itself is literally just Jungian Psychology personified, but what did Shinji do to defeat it? Or was it Yui?

He (or Yui) tore his way out of the core.
It's actually pretty bizarre, you're not supposed to be able to escape a core.
But Shinji does it twice.

>01 goes berserk
>Badda bing baddaboom out comes the EVA

So is Yui, and by extension Unit-01 the most powerful Evangelion Unit even prior to the S2 engine?

I think its power comes from the fact that it's made from Lilith's body, and part of Lilith's soul may be contained in its core with Yui.

Not necessarily, she's just the one that actually does anything to help their pilot.

It tried to read Shinji's mind, and had the transcendent equivalent of food poisoning.

Anyone have that chart comparing Asukafags, Reifags, and Misatofags?

Asuka is the best. That's all.

Her neck game is too good, imo.

I wanna suffocate Asuka
(with kisses)

same

Now there's a show with proper gay boys

>16, bored and unwilling at work.

youtube.com/watch?v=swIwgeaOasM

desuarchive.org/a/thread/163196570/#q163244101
Might as well attempt an answer.
First off, both figures are huge. Compare them to the train tracks for reference. The first one is 3x bigger than it should be, and the other two are much bigger, 5 or 6 times the size of a person.
The first figure is slouched and facing away, crossing the train tracks in a vaguely menacing and deliberate way and dragging its arms behind it, knife in each hand. There is red backlighting and a smokescreen to suggest fear and danger. I don't think this one is supposed to represent a particular person. Anno might be foreshadowing Zeruel here. The same elements are there, eg twin blades and the suggestion of a bald scalp and hunched spine. The word embarrasment would kind of make sense then, it is a fight where she really gave her best and failed. It may also just be a fear-image not tied to a real experience, just a shadowy figure crossing all the lines.
cont.

I don't think you have it right at all. The size difference is nowhere close to 3x or 6x and it probably down to artist error. Evas range from 20 to 200 meters tall depending on who's drawing them, so that gives you an idea of the exactness of sizes in this series.
He doesn't look menacing at all, and it doesn't make sense that Asuka would try to reach him if it was Zeruel.

I feel it's most likely to be Kaji

cont.
Second and third images were easier to do. Now we see a veiled figure not crossing the lines but observing from its (her?) vantage point. At first there is a suggestion of threat, but as the frame changes we see a velied feminine figure calmly observing. It might be Kyoko watching over her child. The bright blue and white lights also contrast the image before. There is also a safe, brightly lit crossing leading outside, and the figure is not standing in the way.
Depending on what you want to take from it, it can either be representations of danger and safety, or kyoko's destructive side contrasted to her motherly side.
I think she is asking Kaji because she has no one else to go to. She was deeply hurt by her mother and father, and Kaji is her idealized male and the father figure she looks up to. Also pay attention to how the dream asuka/arael is touching her face. Seem familiar?

>tfw one user in a thread a while ago stated all women are like Asuka and it really got the noggin joggin...

Maybe, I mean it's all deliberately vague. Like a personality test or something an artist might hang above their fireplace. It's still bigger than what a person would be. Like, compare it to an actual station.
Maybe hunched figures coming out of smoke with two swords aren't that big a deal on a convention, but on a train station? Hit the road, don't look back.

I don't think it's vague, almost nothing in NGE is. Everything we now have concrete answers for was initially thought to be vague or meaningless.

sass-master-stevens.tumblr.com/post/71185226328/expulsion-from-eden-in-30-and-is-shinji-eve

Lots of significant-seeming Asuka scenes with train stations involved.

15 same as every day

>Being a best girl in a fujobait show
Now this is suffering

Transition. Same as the power lines and crickets. In fact the crickets might be foreshadowing, like Anno's version of a black cat.
I'm also trying to imagine Kaji doing the whole Sephiroth thing with the swords and darkness. Every mental image I come up with simply looks like a cheap album cover.

The dual wielding guy could also be her dad although I doubt it.

>the ending

The whole fucking show is. The only reason anyone around here thinks it's not is because of abject contrarianism. Even if it wasn't actually 2deep4u, the animation, production value, and soundtrack alone are literally legendary.

There's a reason people still talk about this shit--fervently--20 years later. Yes, you should absolutely watch Eva.

>i have no idea how big train tracks are

Plenty of train tracks are only a few feet wide, especially smaller commuter trains. The scale isn't off at all.

Also, in the first picture, that person is facing the camera. They are not moving away from the audience perspective. Your entire interpretation is wrong.

Possibly, I mean the person might just be moonwalking into the frame, or like making a howl.

same

Unit 01 didn't have its progressive knife versus Sachiel. It stabbed Sachiel with its own rib bone. Terrible OC 0/10.

just record yourself rambling about without any avidence whatsoever, should be interesting enough