Are muppet threads taboo now or is the hype just dead

Other urls found in this thread:

sleepjunkie.org/what-does-your-sleep-position-mean/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RYB_color_model
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It was an average episode.

20 minutes till Horriblesubs posting the new episode.

this is it. the end of the hype. no one cares about this show now

It's not cute girls doing cute things, so of course Sup Forums doesn't care.

It's true, only Totty trended.

they used to care the when the first season aired.
Well, all things come to an end, I guess.

I still care.

That's what happens when it takes over a year to come out.

Thoses threads used to be so fun ;_;

>everyone making fun of how Oso has no defining characteristics
That was pretty good.

Hope this episode is good. The last one was weak as fuck.

>[HorribleSubs] Osomatsu-san S2 - 02 [720p].mkv

Heartless Totty and Ichimatsu's tsukkomi were good too.
Is it just me or does Karamatsu have more substantial lines lately?

Did the Nips stop caring as much too? This isn't the best metric to measure by but IIRC they spammed twitter more during the average S1 episode airing.

today's episode was kind of weak too. Enjoyable, but weak.

they wouldn't stop live tweeting, so I assume they do care. Just not enough to get trending hashtags.

>Osomatsu-san died for fucking Classicaloid

I mean they're conversing practically normally with him for the whole B part.

I can't believe they're actually not ignoring him this time.

I can't believe they gave Ichi socks. Disgusting.
You know what isn't disgusting? Jun's voice.

Oso - The starfish
Kara - The yearner
Fappy - The soldier
Ichi - The fetus
Juciy - The freefaller
Totty- The log

Totty's horrible socks alone make me laugh.

Definitely better than episode 1.

I wonder what changed compared to season 1?
It just doesn't feel the same anymore. Maybe episode 3 is going to be better

Give it up, it's dead.

I laughed out loud on more than two occasions. It's still funny.

I ask the same question. I didn't even crack a smile watching this.

I for one welcome our new chill threads!
maybe the fujos have something else this season to shitpost about.

Nah, it feels the same as the second cour.

even the japanese know the real money is in twitchbux now

That's one hell of a trade off, comfier threads but a shitter show.

I think it might have something to do with how bizarre everything has been so far. In the first season there were some proper sol comedy moments, but in the second season so far even the most sol feeling skits have had something kind of uncomfortably bizarre happening rip nipples. I hope they eventually tone it down for some skits, I think half and half is best for this type of show.

I was bitter but decided to watch Classicaloid with an open heart and it's actually so fucking bad I can't believe someone thought it would be a good idea.

I think it will get better, even if I do like it a lot so far. It did take a few episodes for season 1 to pick up steam as well.

what's so chill about a thread with barely any contribution?

I agree with this. The best anime to compare this to is Gintama, which can get crazy, surreal, and even disturbing but always grounds it's conflict in a mundane obstacle for the characters to overcome. Whether it'd be dating, taking on a new job, or even just trying to get to sleep there's always something to tether down the absurdity.

Osomatsu-san often does the same thing, but occasionally goes so far out of left field that it no longer remains grounded. The jokes stop landing, and it just gets awkward. I think this has been great as a whole, but missteps like this are noticeable and somewhat disappointing.

They had completely different singers for the ED today. I wonder if they'll be alternating versions or if there will be a new version each week.

Both shows have the same producer, don't they?

It's a good season to be a fujo idolfag. There's something like three shows airing that are going to take up all their attention.

It feels much the same as the second half of the first cour, where things were more hit and miss but the funny parts were still really good. I hope they don't rely on wacky inventions and SHEEEH to sell the comedy- the best parts of the show are when the brothers are being assholes to each other like it's the most natural thing in the world.

The guy who directed the first 200-something Gintama episodes directs both seasons of Osomatsu-san. He handed Gintama over to a new director he said he trusted afterward.

It's only the second episode guys, don't count your chickens before they're hatched...

shit, forgot it's today
was there a livestream thread?

I don't think there was.

Give up, it's all over now.

>stealth Karaichi

>it's a Totoko episode

Ichimatsu is still the best matsu.

>we're now trading "(x) is best/worst matsu" and "FUJOSHITS REEEE" posts for "go home this show is dead" ones

Yeah. Totally comfy.

I thought this episode was fucking hilarious, Who cares if it isn't as popular anymore, We got an S2.

Probabl because so many fans were complaining about his treatment in season 1.

Please...not like this.

S1 threads were a lot of fun, and I can't be bothered to go brave /cm/ for my matsu fix.

This. At the end of the day I'm just watching because it's comfy and pretty funny at times. Not really much to discuss

sleepjunkie.org/what-does-your-sleep-position-mean/

That doesn't really bother me because it's still a Akatsuka cartoon and Totoko is funny when she's a bitch. As long as everyone's an asshole and it's not a Dekapan or Dayon episode it's all good.

At least I was joking.
Dunno about you guys.

i dont know what every one is complaining about, I've enjoyed S2 so far

>Best girl episode.
I always hoped for more Totoko so I'm looking forward to this.

What the fuck? It feels exactly the same though, just like the new Kekkai Sensen. It's like the Matsus never left. Everything that defines the show is still there, except for the feels/somber/bittersweet-type stuff which comes later and caught everyone by surprise.

And episode 1 was great, with the semi-commentary on the particular fandom that gave this show a second season in the first place, the parodies, and it suddenly getting /m/ as fuck out of nowhere was a treat. I don't think it's the show that's changed, but you and some other people in this thread's sense of humor.

I want the elders to bully me!

I want to see more misadventures of these three.

Same

seconded

i want more of the older matsus bullying the younger matsus

Not that user, but I think it's generally agreed upon that even in the first season the second cour felt different from the first, and so far the second season has been more of the same. I personally don't think it's a bad thing, there have always been hits and misses when it comes to the episodes, and I've still found the second season a lot of fun so far even though I'm one of those who liked the direction of the first cour the best.
I think a lot of anons might be feeling a bit melancholic or even nostalgic, and since the wait was so long for a second season to even be announced they had a lot of time to come up with expectations, and in some cases they might even remember the first season as way better than it actually was. Maybe the lack of threads also has something to do with it, since it's pretty normal for anons to seem to enjoy series a lot more if they also have fun threads.

I guess my point was to not get too bothered when people talk about the second season not being as fun, give it some time for things to get back on track. Second seasons, especially those with a long wait, always seem to start off a bit rocky.

Left or right?

best boys on left

best boys on right

switch Oso and Jyushi and right is objectively the best

not that user, but this was sound and reassuring advice.
thanks

Switch Ichi with Oso and its best boys on the right. Primary colour trio are top.

>Switch Ichi
Shit taste

I like when left are together the dynamic is usually bully Choro.

WOuld like to see more Kara, Ichi, and Jyushi screen time to see how they play off of each other

>Switch Ichi
terrible, just terrible

left for comedic value

nope, primary color trio is patrician taste.
the muscle, the meathead, and the sleazeball
it's like the rascals dynamic but pg-13

>that Oso bullying when painting each other
I'm satisfied

>liking generic tsunderes
Are you a masochist?

me too, user

>Not liking male tsunderes

this user gets it

What are the actual primary colors? Many people say it's RYB and others say it's RGB, I don't even know anymore.

boyish fuckboys>boy tsunderes

RYB
last time i fucking checked green was a combo off yellow and blue

RYB as B+Y=G so it's not a primary colour.

If I liked male tsunderes then I could just turn to 99% of shoujo manga to get a fix if my type. But I prefer my men to be open and unafraid to look silly when it comes to love.

RYB irl, RGB on computer, I think. Maybe.

RYB is for mixing colours (think paint, crayons, etc). en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RYB_color_model

RGB is when you're talking about light and electronics. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model

I want Ichimatsu-sama to step on me

did not know that
thanks for teaching me something new today. i think. maybe.

>ESP kitty hasn't appeared even once so far
Is there hope for Ichimatsu's character?

My precious sons on the right.

My loathsome get on the left.

It showed up in the first episode, didn't it? I think Sup Forums is the only place that really hates the cat for some reason too. It's ugly but it's not worth the hate I think.

what do you mean? Ichi is perfect the way he is

Ichimatch is the dead-but-sweet guy. Now go buy your purple figure set.

It's probably easier for the marketers to focus on the one distinct-looking cat than just show Ichi with a random one every time they make a new product.

The only scenario in which I would want to see ESP Kitty again is if we got to hear Karamatsu's thoughts. But back in ep 9 Ichi said the potion wore off. He just let him run off, but keeps saying its his precious cat in merch. I wish they'd make up their minds.

What's his endgame?

It's the only show I auto-picked this season. Hell, for now it's the only seasonal show I'm actually watching.
This episode was just as funny as the S1 ones.

It delivers on the exact thing I expect from Osomatsu: a traditional gag-based comedy. They have easily identifiable pieces and then they make them run around.