Kumo Desu Ga, Nani Ka?

Does Sup Forums like spiders?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.naver.com/ccloud2406/220960016589
blog.naver.com/ccloud2406/221041996274
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

New LN just came out so we should be getting illustrations from that. We do have this bazooka arachne

Only granny ones.

I see no spiders here.

Dustin is best oldfag
not even a contest

i'll never get over just how much of a fuccboi potimas is

I wish the elf magi-tech looked more mystical. The way it is now it just clashes with everything else. At least give it some lights or bright colors.

Speaking of the LN, while I appreciate the WN is regularly translated, I wish someone made an attempt at translating the LN. I am kinda hoping for an official localization too.

I only got into it recently but I love it entirely.

You're in luck then; YP licensed Kumo. I've heard the first novel is coming out december

inb4 they turn
>nai wa
into
>oh my stars and garters

Good luck with that, no one is going to touch the LN now the Yen Press has it.

Just checked; first is Nov 21, then the second is in March

That is fantastic news. I'd gladly support the series, though hopefully the translation is good.

Is the LN worth reading?
I heard it turns to crap when she goes Arachne

>luck
Damn I hoped for J-Novel. Oh well, five years aren't that much.
>

I like genderbenders who succumb to the dick lust and become carnivorous women.

Where are you getting fanart; pixiv has little, and I haven't found much on twitter.

You wouldn't happen to have any Katia stuff

I've heard that their translation of Overlord turns translates "lamprey" to "rabbit"

From what I heard from the guy who reads them on animesuki, this recent one "jumped the shark"

but who knows, there aren't any scans I'm aware of to look through.

>Luck
>YP
what sick twisted life do you lead? Enjoy another series monopolised by the shitty translators that change the meaning of important shit and are incredibly slow.
Fan Translations are far faster and usually higher quality, time to wait around 9 years for them to finish translating any given series.
They basically liscence anything that appears to be gaining popularity in the west and then sit on it.
Oh yeah and if I recall correctly the actual author gets far far less from people buying a localised version of the novel. Just import it if you want to support the author.
It's paid for anime streaming all over again.

I was being sarcastic about it

and anyway it didn't seem like anyone was going to translate the LNs anyway. i'm pretty sure the current guy doing the wn is just google translating, and the guy not doing that is slow

Anime?

is kumo popular? it seems like a dozen or more isekai have gotten anime first

Kumo is great. The plot isn't anything special but Kumo is spectacular as a narrative voice.

That's not the real body though (probably).

Going by the pastebins about the LN vs WN differenes, I like most of the changes and the better spacing of the evolutions. However, I don't like how all the mecha shit looks and how it is always right on the covers. Which is a shame since the other character designs are nice, like the cuties in the pic.

I wonder how well Kumo would work as an anime. Can an anime be carried by a single character talking to herself for 70% of the series?

Probably not unless the manga does well. It has some fights and stuff but the story (for the WN at least) is incredibly convoluted and the constant nonlinear breaks make it a twisted knot that'd shove audiences away incredibly fast.

Well it's a web manga that's published on the same site as senja no mago. And that get's an anime despite being below kumo in views all the time.

Honestly can't see it working as an anime. The manga works really well, but I can't see an anime being the right length for anything.

>localization
I threw up in my mouth a little.
Can we please stop pretending this is either synonymous with "translate," or a superior concept, as needed for our argument to justify raping literature with some worldview the powers that be think is morally superior to the actual opus?
I wanna read the final draft of the story, too, but not if it means someone tried to make it "culturally acceptable." Admittedly, this sort of worst case situation rarely comes to fruition, but you know there is some idjit out there, who will not even bother reading the story first, or backtracking to fix mistakes, who would either try to make ElfDaddy seem justified, or would constantly insert comparisons to a politician they don't like, and will flip genders around with more glee than D did to that one kid.

"More culturally acceptable."
Or more likely, some kid, with barely more fluency than me, armed with a machine translation and a deadline, fresh out of school and trying to make rent and pay the monthlies on their student loans.
I can accept someone turning a horrifying vampire lolli (Overlord has one too) into a rabbit, by accident, much easier than I can swallow a localizer's political views or their desperate need to protect us from Japanese cuisine, so I can live with hardened, murdering, rapping highwaymen crying out in fear "Bunny."

Yes but I like spider goddesses better.

>rapping highwaymen crying out in fear "Bunny."
"Aw shit, niggas! It's da Bunny! Protect ya necks!"

>Can an anime be carried by a single character talking to herself
>constant nonlinear breaks make it a twisted knot that'd shove audiences away
Here is the problem.
I really like the manga. A lot. But I hate the decision they made to present it chronologically, and skip the third of the story that isn't from Kumoko's POV. Yes, they were my least favorite parts, too (well, Prince Shaun, "I am a standard web isekai hero"'s parts anyway) but they are absolutely essential for the story, as a whole. The pay-off is what makes this story so good. Alright, the bog-standard reborn-in-a-fantasy-world's story quickly got better, and from what little I've seen, was much improved in the published version, but I can see WHY they decided to skip it: "skipping back and forth in time is confusing," "these characters are less interesting and the audience has seen it all before," but it is still a BAD decision. The human reincarnations (plus mount girl are the way they are for a reason, the time line is written that way for a reason; Holy Shit, an author knew what they were doing (Nai Wa!)! Not including this stuff makes me think the manga being controlled by someone who has no interest in seeing the story through, or doing it justice, dispite the sheer genus and talent of the people actually scripting and drawing it.
I would really like to see this animated, and if they just copied the manga, I'm sure I'd love it...but I'd be seriously disappointed all the same.
Heck, if I were in charge, I'd make the call of putting part of the PROLOGUE story on screen, even though I know that the powers that be would make noises about "llosing the audience" with the high school drama, and less interesting, more standard MC (and they would be correct)...because I am convinced that after two episodes of Best Girl (eight legged or staring category) the Interwebs would be screaming that it is worth sitting through the "S" chapters.

Dustin is a baller looking fucker, look at that smug

>Rapping highwayman
Stand and deliver or I'll cut out your liver

I only like spiders.

make the side stuff focus on katia more, with shun not getting as much focus because she's cuter and more interesting

hell, sensei, the nun, the ninja, hugo, even sue are more interesting

I like spiders, I used to be deathly afraid of them but anime made me love them a lot. whenever I find one in my house, I put it into a small container and relocate it outside

Not even the worst thing that official translation did. Don't even get me started on the hit or miss voice direction on the dub...or the TYPOS in the sub.

Straight outta town one, crazy motherfucker named mob grunt
From the gang called Bandits Wit Attitudes
When I'm called off, my arm got sawed-off
Squeeze MC's ho' and bodies are hauled off
You too, boy, if you fuck with me
The clerics are gonna have to come and rez me
Off the grass, that's how I'm going out
For some punk motherfuckers that's showing out
Bandits start to mumble, they wanna rumble
Mix 'em and cook 'em in a pot, like gumbo
Going off on the motherfucker like that
With a dag' that's pointed at her ass
So give it up smooth

and more lyrics from straight outta compton\. Fucking verse is long

Just to be fair, Shun is interesting in the regards of how broken he actually is. He do not even have the capacity to hate someone who fucked his entire family. Now, we get to see how much he will fall since he is technically the one chosen by Sariel.

You dont look at Shun as the classic hero of the story, but the naive victim/antagonist from Kumo perspective. I really liked that route they took.

>light novel gives arachne more screentime
well it has that going for it at least

Personally, I somewhat enjoyed some of the Shun shit simply because the juxtaposition between the lives he and Kumo were leading was so strong

She's cuter as a spider

how does anything make sense later if they don't set it up with the isekai side story sutff earlier on?

just straight chronological?

It's not magitech, it's literally the same shit we made on Earth but powered by the life force of the planet, Potimas is basically Hojo from FF7 but crazier.

What the fuck. I just read the manga, and someone told me the spider becomes a God and other weird shit and I thought they were just kidding. I guess this is what happens when I'm a filthy secondary

>a spider woman on a dragon with a bazooka
Yes, this is what dreams are made of.

yeah it goes from one character to 3 characters to like 25 characters and complex plotâ„¢ right quick

Potimas' real body is in a glass tube deep below the earth, it's basically a mummy, that's just a random clone of his that's acting as his sensory.

Hakai me to Yuuri has that if you also like lolibabas. The protagonist and her husband actually fuck, a lot, shit, the dude even magic'd himself a second dick just because he could.

I would have a hearty chuckle if they did that.

I stopped following Kumo partway through the attack on the elf village part, I think the last chapter I read was the loli demon lord whose name I can't remember right now defeating Potimas.

She becomes a god like halfway through the currently released material and the story changes from comfy dungeon grind and fight for your survival to keikaku dori and social engineering.

Shit got really complex, I personally didn't mind but I can see why others would.

luckily D gives a pretty excellent run down on everything

is there anything the D can't do

Defeat [M]aido.

I want oba-san to give me a lap pillow, and tell me stories about her life

can humans breed with anime spider/bug people?

nice things

D is plenty nice, considering she covered for the bullshit they did to themselves. She didn't go all the way, but she gave them an opportunity to undo their mistakes

>shift the focus more to the hotter and/or more interesting characters, particularly the girls/lollis.
Am I doing your comment justice?
Not picking on you, seriously...it would draw me in quicker, too. It totally misses the author's point, and messes up the story structure. Don't worry, waifu-bait would stay waifu-bait; anime always does that better than text.
The whole point of the "S" story, is that Shun is so much what you expect from isekai, particularly the current trend in isekai. Not just him, the actual world, without Shiraori's major insight into the WHYs of the world, is so typical of BAD isekai...I mean, the stuff that can't even get a "why the Hell? who picked this one to get an adaptation," and everyone I've talked to, only stuck with it because he was such a small part, like one chapter in ten. But then, even before Kumoko explains what she's learned, we're all going back and looking at Shun's previous chapters again, because of how it fits together with the much more interesting, actual MC.
Face it, all the waifu potential in Shaun's harem would carry viewers through his early parts, and it is much more marketable before you pull the bait-and-switch of "look at this kawaii kumo."
Then, of course, gamer girl developing incredibly adorkable serious mental problems as she powergames through a Hell-tier dungeoncrawl sinks her hooks into the viewer, and they become emotionally invested.
Prince Typical MC is the way he is, to make a statement, both about the genre, and as part of the world building, and he is absolutely essential.
The lolli, the "trapped-in-a-waifu's-body," and the monstergirl (extreme edition) will get plenty of focus, just by having screen time.
But none of this will happen, if anyone ever picks this up, they'll pull the same cop-out we are getting with the manga, because we can't have nice things.

This.
I like you.

Shun can't pull the moral high ground card on anyone that started as a monster, his life at its worst can't compare to needing to do stuff like setting yourself on fire for a month in order to survive.

>how does anything make sense...just straight chronological?
That is how they played it, and it is the one thing I hate, in a manga that is turning out even better than I hoped for...for the parts they didn't skip.
Like I said, I understand why they skip all the flashforwards to the side story, but I think it was an absolute shit-tier decision.
We are up to Wisdom, and we haven't seen anyone else from the classroom since the very beginning (and that didn't differentiate them at all, so no manga-only read has ever asked "what is Kumoko's NAME?").

I literally just caught up in the manga. I refuse to look at any spoilers and I refuse to think that real life spiders are cute in any way. I love it so far.

she just wanted to fuck around, it's why she was there for to begin with

whats the movie webm related is from?

Boku no Enemy

Seriously though, why does she use the star of david as the satanic symbol? Wait. Don't answer that.

Pretty sure that's just become a standard trope in many occult fantasy stories. Which probably comes from antisemitism, but most works today probably don't know/care about that connection anymore.

By them not showing the Be typical MC.
>Be reincarnated.
>Be prince.
>Take my awesome adventuring party, full of other classmates from my past life for a dungeoncrawl with all our totally haxz "reincarnator bonus" powers, which totally make us Kimitto-tier gods of our completely generic fantasy world...because "running really fast" is just ONE of our most minor powers and we can totally own the big spider that people used to talk about in this dungeon back when we all born...

Yeah, what they find in the dungeon is much scarier that our kawaii little kumo's big arse mother, by the time her classmates grow up; seriously, what did you expect? It is well worth the ride, and that is just the start of the story, which includes truly epic road trip buddy movie arcs, more high-school stories, and monster girls/boys, and total war, building slowly to apocalypse level and exploring the rationale behind, and logical consequences of, the conventions of modern "RPG vidya like world" isekai.
The story changes gears, back and forth, several times, but they are all good. Some of the other classmates also do Main Charater duty, occationaly, and I am a big fan of the story of the one of the three "typical MC" type boys who reincarnated as a goblin, as opposed to the one who reincarnated as the prince, or the one who became the princess.

Yes, let's all thank D for making the plot of the story easy for us to keep track off, and overlook that D caused the horrifying and complicated plot.
"Your Savior came to me for help, so I'm the good guy. Now dance, dance for my amusement."

Does anybody have a link to the LN images? I haven't been keeping up with the threads.

Are there any mahou shoujo Ariel illustrations out there?

While in the end AFTER powering through it all I agree and generally feel satisfied with how it worked, I absolutely cannot deny that it was a fucking slog to actually get through. The clarity granted through hindsight is a pleasant and joyous experience, but only in hindsight, it was a really fucking hard read the first time through with Prince Chad and his stupid fantasy life of no hardship.

Here's volume 5 and 6; there's a facebook that has the first four volumes

blog.naver.com/ccloud2406/220960016589

blog.naver.com/ccloud2406/221041996274

We need more Shiro pics in this thread

Honestly I just want more images of ariel. Her character design just hits everything I like

I like Shiraori best when her eyes are open

All eight of them

>antisemitism
Seriously? This SJW/localize-all-the-things tier, myopic cultural bigotry?
Symbols mean different things, to different groups, even groups with a cultural connection, let alone groups who had a whole planet between them, before the Information Age.
I bet you guy are part of the whole "OMG swastika means nazi, upside down crosses mean satanism" trendy ignorant culturally imperalistic thing that gets Jews accused of being Nazis and Christians called Satanists (for the ignorant, both of those groups had prior claims on those particular symbols, and traditionalists still use them, but thanks to monoculture, some younger members aren't even aware of this).
For your information, it is called the "Star of David" because it was part of the heraldry of the Royal House of David, Hebrew kings. While it has become standard to refer to most modern Hebrews as "Jews" (as opposed to JUST the tribe of Judia, the most populous modern Hebrew tribe), and the hexagram has become a very convenient symbol for all members of the Covenant of Abraham, used by the People in question as a self-identifier, even, what you are doing right there? That is as stupid as claiming Disney's Little Mermaid is ripping on German people, because the Merovingians, at one point had control of Hungary (because of Ursula, and yes, some people are this crazy, but they tend to either wear tinfoil hats, or teach Sociology).
Listen, if you want, we can >>/x/ and I can educate you about the Sworn Book of Abra-Merlin (who, yes, was Jewish), the Emerald Tablet of Solomon (again, yes), Hermetism in general, and the Thule Society, and show you why insisting that symbol is a symbol of "JEWISH occultism" is MOSTLY just a meme the Nazis pushed.
Context matters, and particularly in this context, it is, entomologicaly, a symbol of secular occultism, with a CHRISTAIN ethnic slant, if any. Probably.
Yeah, you MIGHT be right, but it is highly unlikely, given WHO is making the reference.

i'll never get over how she moaned about how big that succubus' tits were, and bitched about flat being justice, and then has massive tits only eclipsed by D, Sophia, and Katia.

It's not the Star of David it's the Seal of Solomon ya cunts, one of the world's most famous occult symbols

What should they turn it into?

And yes I know quite well that the Star of David takes its design from the Seal of Solomon but the seal was here first and it's been involved in spooky magic shit for damn near a millennium

?? Which translator are you looking into? The most recent wn chapter came out less than a week ago and that guy has been translating from Vampy vs Oni and onwards with high quality translations

Reminder that Shiro traumatizes vampire girl for years

oh for some reason i assumed raisingthedead was just continuing turbo's machine translations except doing a better job. I didn't think he was fluent in japanese

Geez user, I didn't think you'd be triggered just because I speculated someone long ago probably linked "jews" to the occult, and it just stuck.

Thanks user for giving a reasoned and calm response, instead of spazzing out about ">muh SJWs"
I'll keep that in mind next time I see the Seal of Soloman in some generic occult work.

Reminder that she deserves it

For what? Yeah she's a bitch but having your body parts ripped off and eaten for years on end is a bit much.

A Japanese mangaka, can usually be assumed to be using symbols from a Japanese perspective, not your bigoted point of view that has been conditioned to look for "hidden subtext" from YOUR very limited perspective. Frankly, your statements indicate a very narrow understanding of what seems to be your own heritage, not that that is bad, but it hardly qualifies you to play judge and jury over OTHER cultures.
And besides, Kumo is making a reference to magic, in general, or maybe to what was, rather unfortunately, translated as "Heresy Magic," not "Satanism."
This is why I hate localization, it just compounds problems caused by unfortunate translations.
Yes, I'm yelling. I'm still worked up over trying to explain to Sup Forums that maybe some Asian countries aren't as familiar with American chattel-slavery as they are, and are justified in NOT feeling any guilt over it, let alone accidental double meanings that ONLY exist in English translations, not in the original language.

>deserves it
How?
Are you saying she deserves it for stuff she did after it started? Or just for thinking stuck up things about D ?

I'm only on chapter 92 of the WN. Read the manga a few days ago and decided to pick up the novel at around the same point. Everyone seems to really like the story so I imagine I'm in for a ride.

I literally only read it for the cute spider, its shit otherwise.

wait the spider evolves to become half human half spider or someshit? what lol

i like the manga, should i read the novel? and if so where in relation to the novel is the current manga on? so i know where to start