ITT: dead-on-arrival shows

Here, we discuss shows, that for whatever reason, never gained much attention, even from the moment they were announced or aired. We also discuss whether or not they deserved their poor sales/visibility/etc.

Let's start with this unfair example.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/K80gohWjrjW20IwjuzFvdg/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

She was the only good thing about that garbage.

Why did it flop?

Really? No one cares about this show anymore?

It was a fun anime amd manga. The last tank was released a couple months ago.

The OP was good too.

How did it end? Was Touko revived?

I'll play your game op.
TT is probably the worst show I ever finished. Not because of the execution but because the source material is fucking garbage. It's like an edgy 12 years old wrote everything he taught was cool on a paper and made a show out of it. It's plain stupid. I did like the op, and how they tried copying ufotable. But it was THAT bad.

Taboo Tattoo was alright compared to this shit.

a case in point here, even had an effect on the sales afterwards.

I'm sorry if you had to sit through it. Personally I never started it. All I'm saying is TT was awful but I still finished it.

The tank was wrapped so I couldn't read it and there's no scans, but she's on the cover.

Taboo Tattoo was mind bogglingly bad. The only good parts were when the big titty girl got her big titties groped. After she died I just left the show to play in the background while I did other shit.

As a non-American, I actually found the USA! USA! moment at the end quite amusing.

>TT is probably the worst show I ever finished.
Clearly haven't seen many shows then.

They stuffed like 9 volumes of content into 13 episodes, it was a mess. They knew it was a flop too because the end of the show was just a montage of shit to come.

>never gained much attention
There were enough QUALITY threads for it but I know this is a salesfag thread so who really cares.

Take your meds MKL
boards.fireden.net/a/search/image/K80gohWjrjW20IwjuzFvdg/

No one bought it cant find the blue ray torrnet in nyaa even the raw

There are still streams.

Why does he like talking about the show so much anyway?

Was the show really bad?

Because he likes the OP singer

Who sang the OP?

Shitty shows get a free pass as long as their OP/ED is sung by someone he likes.

Google

I remember him saying he didn't like Aokana, though.

This was shit but I don't know if I'd call it dead on arrival, there was quite a bit of hype around Lion even though she never lived up to the hype and the show just meandered along until the end.

I thought it was amusing.

Mayoiga would have been dead had it not been for people trying to hype it up as trainwreck of the season.

That's not Mr. Cool with the tongue tattoo, or general disarm, or walking death flag. I did find it weird that the big anime tiddy girl died and never came back.

Had some good meme's

I really liked that one tsundere sword chick and the main girl (not the titty monster). I think this is the kind of series that would have done well if it had come out in the early 2000s when this kind of show was all the rage. Bad timing really hurt this more than anything. It's not an inherently awful series. I thought the plot twist killing his best friend was pretty ballsy.

>taboo tattoo
I still remember this trainwreck fondly, enough to make me chuckle. The plot was all over the place, and it had no idea what it wanted to be, but it was one of those shows that it was so bad it was good (in a way). I remember looking forward to it every week just to see how much more they could derail the plot, which astonishingly enough, they somehow managed to do without fail or shame

>Death flag was so obvious they literally wrote FLAG on her.

wew.

Aokana. No, it didn't deserve to do as badly as it did, consideing how popular the VN is. Maybe average sales at worst are what it should have gotten.

That other guy part of the "American" team too. I remember he had a pillow of his waifu that got killed by a spike. I think the producers had just given up by then, and decided to just go into work drunk and finish it for the hell of it

I liked Taboo Tattoo a LITTLE, but it deserved the overall lack of attention. Character designs were derivative as hell and the plot is slow to kick off. I remember dropping it around 6-7 episodes in and don't regret that decision.

Honestly the only part of the show I genuinely enjoyed was this running gag. I barely remember the whole rest of the show. It was always fun going into the later episodes and wondering if they were going to kill him or prolong the joke.

>the only part of the show I genuinely enjoyed
For me it was the Izzy fanservice. It was always top notch, but I could've done without all that other stupid shit like Touko crushing lettuce with her head and the wild plot swings that were all over the place. One moment it was a high school romance comedy, then the next it tried to take itself way too seriously, the next they would break the 4th wall because "why not! lol!". It was jarring..

>tights
They're called spats user.

>Gained no traction
>literally the most popular show on Sup Forums that season

What strange timeline do you hail from?

The same season saw Hero Academia and RE: Zero. Shit, even Joker Game seemed more popular than Mayoiga.

It was bad writing wise, but I enjoyed the amount of mindless action

>6 autists circle jerking
>popular

Does anybody know how this shit ended? Did that beta MC man up and finally dick Blusey Fluesy?

I don't think volume 13 was ever scanned. Shame too, as much as a trainwreck as this series was I do want to know how it ended. Also the volume covers are boner inducing.

Does Yuushibu count? I enjoyed it, but I feel like barely anyone watched it at all.

>Does anybody know how this shit ended?
Sadly not. Final Volume hasn't been scanned so there's no way of knowing and I'm certainly not paying for one. All that I know is that they were about to confront the Princess.

Onihei was practically dead on Sup Forums and probably a lot more places. I enjoyed it.

Holy shit. I don't know if I'm below average but I've done like the 3 threads total across all these years for my favorite show of all time.

>american girl was a coalburner
even japan is making fun of us now

I dropped it when childhood friend got killed in the most retarded way possible
I don't often get this ass-blasted over a show so at least I'll remember it for something