Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau

Why is nobody even talking about this?

Did you enjoy episode 1?

Even the first thread about it was pretty slow. I guess this show is going under most people's radars.

>Why is nobody even talking about this?
So far there isn't really much to talk about. I could do the same I did in the other thread, praising its visuals, but this only works for twenty or so posts.

I liked it a lot, probably my favourite show for the first week. The worldbuilding is pretty cool, having mysterious dystopian elements in a comfy fantasy setting is always good.

The real question is who is best girl, Lykos or Sami?

Must be autism.

Its shit.

Fucked pace, no charisma and ultimate cliche characters, bad timing for jokes, very much exposition, bad power system, etc

The one thing good about this show is the animation. Fuck this shit.

Great first episode but will almost certainly turn to shit in the next two weeks.

yet another guaranteed cult classic from j c staff

Looked nice, but the exposition was really poor and doesn't bode well for the writing.

It looks beautiful, but it was pretty boring desu. The episode was mainly consisted of expositions. The characters felt quite bland as well. Other than Ouni, the rest of them really did not leave that much of an impression on me.

It's not on HS.

I have gotten lazy enough that I just auto download all first three episodes from the HS rss without checking what is even running this season, so I rely on threads like this to inform me of the fansubbed shows.

Sami is cuter, but it's really early to say. There isn't much competition.

>endless sea
>some rare island spotted
I cant get enough of this stuff in any fantasy stuff.

My sides.

>genetically engineered hippie commune experiment
I like it.

>It's a manga adaptation
>Not scanlated
>Still running
Pretty cool. Maybe we'll get one thread per week.

This is probably one of the least dumb shit you will come up with if your entire civilization and culture is based on a swimming island.

>Culture has unfamiliar rules and ideas
Have you literally never seen or read a fantasy story before?

Too many traps. Shinsekai Yori vibe. Will probably promise more than it can deliver, but so far it was good. Blonde girl is best girl, i dont dig Rei clones.

It looks like the mods deleted the last thread for some reason? The archive 404s.

That's a guy on the right? Why is anime trying to make me gay?

>Not wanting to fuck cute
Stop being such a fag, the boypussy feels great

My main gripe so far is that they're narrating way too much, even when the event itself is sometimes self explanatory. Like when they're taking the girl back and they explain that they're taking her on top of having a scene for it. I just hope that it's only to get the setting out of the way and not enter Qualia-tier narration.

Is the manga like that as well?

>My main gripe so far is that they're narrating way too much, even when the event itself is sometimes self explanatory. Like when they're taking the girl back and they explain that they're taking her on top of having a scene for it. I just hope that it's only to get the setting out of the way and not enter Qualia-tier narration.
Yeah. The I remember SSY (Because of the similarities) and people who constantly didn't understand things, so maybe it's a good thing.

The average anime watcher is a dumb fuck.

Dont get me wrong anons, I'm not hating the mangaka vision/worldbuilding on their culture, just saying that it surprised me in a good way. I understood that being super critical and doing comparison is a dumb thing not worth the time to do in a fantasy/fictional setting. Relax anons, no need to be extra defensive, just ignore my post if you think that was retarded.

Weird, mod can delete archived thread? It might just be the archive has a certain limit on threads it keeps other than the 3 day rule.

It's not narration per se, it's the records that Chakuro is writing. And what's interesting is that it has to be done without emotion, so it's distinct from his inner thoughts. It doesn't bother me at all, because rather than being patronizing, it only enforces the feeling of his job as an archivist who can't stop writing.

The average anime watcher is about as smart as a baseball. Unless everything is spelled out for them, they'll call an anime "pretentious" because they don't want to admit that they're not as bright as they like to think they are.

I hope that's the case, because a show like this would benefit so much from subtlety.

Brown girl should have been a boy.

That makes only one girl to waifu/daughteru, so fuck off.

But it makes the series gay as hell, which it's better.

I disagree, I think more of the boy characters should have been girls.

This part is CG right? It looks really off.

Yes, the thread was definitely deleted by the mods. Because they're fucking dumbasses, and apparently normal discussion about TV anime is not allowed anymore.

He probably means Sup Forums's own archive.

It's the imposing of the pattern on her skin. It's kinda off, and was clearly not animated alongside her standing, so the positioning, angles, curves, timing, etc fucks up the whole cut.

Look carefully. Too many detailed frames for TV series. It can only be done with 3DCG.

Only? Whether it was or wasn't, don't doubt traditional animators.

My sides.

Despite looking good overall there were a few QUALITY moments.

Why does it have to be named "children of whales"? I just recently acquired a hatred of whales in MMOs, because I'm playing all the wrong games that make me realise I'm too poor for free games. But these people are not too poor, they pay their way into top power, and then all new content is tailored to them. But this show reminds me that not only they have money in comparatively unlimited amounts, they also have sex. Fuck this shit.

fucking KEK

Please user, I'm watching this for the backgrounds.

>MMOs
>Ever
Christ, pick up something else.

I thought MMOs would be a good controlled way to get my daily dose of casual talking to people. Since the place I live in doesn't have any opportunities for that. Unfortunately, with local currency plummeting I can't afford a sub to some normal MMO and have to make do with localised F2Ps.
It doesn't work well.
Thanks for your advise, though.

Anyone who read the manga here? Please spoil everything, can't be arsed to wait to know if it goes any place interesting

Probably because of the "edition" shit in the OP.

I didn't notice it while watching the episode so that's good. I don't have a problem with CG if it's subtle.

My fears that the telekinesis would be animated with shitty CG was actually unfounded for once.

It was pretty damn noticeable for me. That's why I posted it.