Thoughts on this show? I just finished it, and I thought it was fantastic

Thoughts on this show? I just finished it, and I thought it was fantastic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tm7Xf9818FM
youtube.com/watch?v=01N993tAVY8
youtube.com/watch?v=x_pMUM_QNhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

masterpiece

Haibane Renmei for people who thought that Haibane Renmei was boring

in top 5 for sure. For some reason this gave me depression but Clannad and AS didn't idk

It feels like a rough adaptation of a visual novel, despite the VN not existing yet. Still, I liked it overall. Great music.

Loved it. The bit in the end with the NPCs transforming felt a bit unnecessary to me, though. I also would have liked to learn more about some other characters, but I guess there wasn't enough time for that. Still, way better than what I was expecting when I started it.

never finished it. Whats the endgame

You must have a brain tumor.

...STILL deciding on whether or not I should watch it, as I'm not really sure what it's even about and I doubt anyone around here is really keen on wanting to explain anything about it to me.

she always looked like Haruhi to me also SSS is like the SS brigade

It's like if Haibane Renmei was a high-school romcom

the end was a bit rushed but otherwise it was fine

I think it deserved far more episodes than what it got.
Plus I want to see the prequel manga get an anime adaption.

>a bit rushed
Understatement of the year.

That the simulation repeats itself. The world they're in is literally purgatory.

It's actually kind of hard to make a summary about it without making a novel to explain things like the place where they are or going into spoiler territory. In short, the MC wakes up in the afterlife with no memory of his now previous life, or how he died.
Everything else is discovering what happened and what's going on.

The anime is pretty short anyway, something like 13 episodes. You won't lose much even if you don't like it, so you might as well watch it.

Overall one of my favourites
First half best, 2nd half unfocused, half-assed Matrix rip for the finale

I heard it started as a 2 cour series but was cut to 1 after production had already started, which makes total sense.
Iwasawa a best

Do we all agree that Yui was best girl?

I remember crying at the last Episode and then having to laugh like a crazy man when he was trying to grab the air when the white haired girl dissapeared because it looked to fucking stupid.

My sister even came in and thought I was crying because it was so funny.

>It feels like a rough adaptation of a visual novel, despite the VN not existing yet. Still, I liked it overall. Great music.
It's not a VN? I think it's because Key worked on it with the anime producers.

It follows by Key tropes:
-Loli looking girls
-Happy slapstick comedy in the beginning so you like the characters
-love interest
-drama when shit happens to the characters you like to tear jerk you
-people dying
-1 person gets fucked over and left behind (happens in air/clannad/kanon)
-reincarnation and happy end (happens in air/clannad/kanon)

Also I went to double check. Angel Beats did come out in VN a few years ago.

It was meh. I liked the heart thing. Problem is it's anime so time constrains limit what it can do with story. Also Yuri is the better girl but Kanade is a the love interest.

The real take away from AngelBeats is that fucking tear jerker song
youtube.com/watch?v=tm7Xf9818FM

Music was great and pushed me into becoming full time weeb
Also Tenshi is best girl

Should have been a 26 episode show instead of 13, I really felt like I skipped at least 10 episodes when I got to the final one. Everyone just disappeared offscreen, it was pretty disappointing.

Granted, the important characters were fleshed out and the ones who disappeared offscreen were irrelevant comic relief anyway, but I wanted at least some exposition on them too. Oh well, at least the actual ending was pretty good.

isn't Angel beats from a kyoani derivative? she may even be Haruhi since kyoani likes to refer to their previous work

Keyshit a shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=01N993tAVY8

The best scene from this show.

You've lost me

It's shit and it's also is a well known pleb filter.

>this is the average Kyoanusfag

I heard the VN is actually going to fix that issue by giving everyone a proper background.

I meant to reply to

The point the user was making is that it felt like a butchered visual novel adaption despite not having a visual novel source. And the one that came out was years later.

Personally thought it was pretty mediocre. All of the emotional moments were ruined by more than half the cast being extremely underdeveloped. Still didn't feel much for the characters that were decently developed regardless though.

Basically, if what this user said were the case
>Should have been a 26 episode show instead of 13
It could've been a great anime where the emotional moments actually had impact. Some of the comedy was good though and the baseball girl episode and final reveal where MC is shown to have saved everyone there was decent. Animation was pretty great, too.

But it's just not good.

I seriously don't know why it's this popular. Death Note, Steins Gate, FMA etc. are all great gateway anime. Angel Beats, however..

it's not even popular but I guess if something is talked about then you have to signal your hipster level and call it shit

It's very popular on MAL, which is full of normalfags. I know my taste is shit, but still.

It's number 5 by popularity on mal. And the only thing you signal by calling ab shit is that you possibly don't have shit taste.

This. It had some golden moments but the whole thing was lackluster, especially towards the end. A large cast yet some of the characters were never touched. It's a pleb filter through and through. It's not bad but it's certainly not good.

I still listen to the Girls Dead Monster album all the time, great music.

>popularity
that just means how many people on the site watched it, and somehow I doubt that more people have seen steins gate than naruto so that's that for your muh mul autism "arguments"

It should've been 2 cour, because it felt rushed with only 1 cour.

haibane renmei was mediocre for the first 6 episodes tbqo

>pleb filter
is this your new buzzword, well I think kino no tabi is the biggest pleb filter, only autistic pretentious faggots watch that shit

yes and she has the best VA too

Strangely accurate comparison.

He posted Yui, not Yuri.

Wrong

How exactly did Tenshi die before the MC if he gave his heart to her just so she could livre longer? Did the surgery go wrong or something? How did they ler this plot hole slip?

No matter how hard you wish it, ab will not become obscure. What mal popularity accurately shows you is the popularity of shows among current generation of western anime fans and among that demographic ab is very popular.

Her part was the saddest, but I still think Kanade is way cuter.

If you're thinking of becoming an organ donor, you got duped. You're pretty much just asking for people to let you die and harvest your organs after an accident. If people had to compare which is more valuable, the organs or the person, the organs win out in monetary value.

It's junk and if you seriously think that it was good then you haven't seen more than 5 anime

Some bullshit about non-linear timelines

My boy Jun wrote this trainwreck like he had 4 cours to milk when he only had one.

Actually I have no clue who would be at fault here: the director, Steven Rocket, LiSA?

I don't wish anything, it just isn't popular and hating it won't make you cooler

retarded pacing and sort of lazy
i still cried, though

>I just finished it
You're pretty fucking late.

I wasn't trying to refuse the guy's points, but explain to him why he feels it's like a rough adaptation.

>Personally thought it was pretty mediocre.
We can both agree it's meh. Materials were wasted not because original designs were bad, but time limitations. Even Clannad anime which was a well done was still a fraction of the VN content. And Clannad anime had entire eps devoted to each of the girls. 24+2 for the original and then 23+3 for after.

Would have been better if it were longer

>Bland new character introduced
>You are now required to feel bad for her

some bullshit about MC being the programmer and waited her for ages

yeah she didn't, the guy died before but he only entered the purgatory later

sorry my bad , yui is a good choice two tho

Re-watched yesterday, I didn't remember it was so good, but I would like to see how the other members disappear, for example the girl who liked animals or the retard who was in love with Yurippe.

To add on to what this user said about it, the main conflict in the show (what little there is) is driven by two things: For one, death is cheap in this new afterlife, so a lot of the humor is from characters actually killing one another only for them to come back ten minutes later... And for two, it very quickly becomes apparent that the group of characters that "explain" things to the MC don't actually know what's going on like they originally say they do.

Most of the show alternates between gags and some really interesting character development. Be warned though that some of it is pretty rushed towards the end because the show got cut down from 24 episodes to 13 mid-development. Still worth the watch, 100%.

>Babby's first Key AIDS

That's not really a plot hole, Kanade specifically wished to be able to thank the person who gave her the heart and Otonashi didn't have any regrets before he died. The only way the two of them could meet is if he was taken to the purgatory after she died so that her wish can be fulfilled, which was exactly what happened.

I've seen about 700 anime and I think Angel Beats is okay.

She was introduced in like the first episode and had a decent amount of screentime before her episode.

This.

People who say the ending is a plot hole are stupid af.

I don't think so, Otonashi don't know programming or anything, I guess the purgatory doesn't obey time as we know.

Interesting OST, but the anime has a lot of boring downtime and the drama towards the end just made me laugh instead. Likely not the intended effect.

Hawaiin seiyuu was best part and that's kind of a bad thing.

It's shit but it had one or two good episodes.

4/10.

Remember to watch the ending in Reverse.

it would've beenin my top ten list if only it was 24 episodes long

What was this fucker's deal? He literally did nothing besides speaking some engrish.

He's a fucking autist who's only good at shooting.

Scrambled it trouble down

Dont diss TK, he was a bad ass.

Also this should of been the true ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=x_pMUM_QNhk

Most people who'd give Angel Beats 10/10 are too pleb to have seen or even heard of Haibane Renmei (even though it's not that obscure at all) so... not really.

Angel Beats is popular because it tries to have elements from all types of different anime crammed into one and it's baby's first tearjerker.

>not liking GET CHANCE AND LUCK

FUCK YOU!

this 2bh

Soundtrack was solid though

forced drama. haruhi backstory was so shit i actually felt pain while i was watching.

also angel beats or plastic memories?

really enjoyed it when I first finished it (fucking years ago) but the more I looked back on it the more I felt that its pacing was just... bad.

One of the most wildly overrated pieces of garbage ever made

Had tremendous potential though. I did start reading the manga but I can't yet comment on its quality

Ok, why?

It shows the order of them disappearing

Like most Key works, it had a gigantic potential that was ultimately wasted.

Are you asking which poorly made drama was better? I'd say Angel Beats, it at least has good animation and music (didn't really care for the music myself though, but a lot of other people like it, at least). Plastic Memories was just worse on all fronts if compared to Angel Beats.

Isla is cuter than any character from Angel Beats though except maybe this girl who I can't even remember.

Both Kanon and Air are better

Although all Key adaptations are mediocre

dropped it after 1 episode. it looked

I had more fun with haibane, but it´s also overrated

it looked sort of generic

episode 5 best episode

>you waiting for the VN

Disappointed no Hinata x MC ending

The VN is dead, Jim.

>watch the dub just to see how they handle him
>completely different actor dubs over the same lines

it aight

good songs

Loved it, but I'm an easily emotionally manipulated faggot who also gets suckered into ontological nonsense.

At any rate it needs a shooter of some kind, I'd play the shit out of SSS ops.

you need to be 18 to browse this website