Cinegrids

Anyone got/made some nice grids? post them here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gsa5ZQA7hsI
my.mixtape.moe/fiipef.mp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This looks exactly like Kite. Same universe?

>MAGI is a shitty analog

Really user?

I never watched the sequel to Kite.

It's not the sequel but it's also by Yasuomi Umetsu.

Why does pre-digital anime have such restraint and taste when it comes to color? In contrast, look at this flavorless, generic garbage.

disagree, it all depends on the director.

What anime had the best visual direction this year?

Just realized that bottom right pic. Don't think I meant to include that.

That is, at best, visually mediocre.

>How could the remake even compare

Yuasa's movies

Koe no Katachi

It's not though.

2017 for me since i watched in theaters a few months ago.

That's not how it works.

It's amazing how that guy makes these cool looking shots all the fucking time but still manages to produce nothing but hot garbage.

He's good at everything except directing a series

love me some Dezaki

Great show, probably not the best grid

Decided to switch a couple around.

Sailor Moon S ep 8 is pure kino. The forced monster of the week is the only bad part, and even then it leads to some boner fuel.

Old one I made. Quality is garbage because my old hard drive died and I had to retrieve it from social media. I should remake it.

I love these threads.

well, they're good as long as that narutoshitter doesn't show up.

This thread has been good so far, don't jinx it.

In that Case I would nominate Millenium Actress since it was shown in a cinema room some months ago

Anyone have a grid for pre-digital Detective Conan?

The best short. Has a feeling to it that no full length show captures.

I could make one, do you have an episode in mind?

Moonlight Sonata would be cool. I think that's episode 11 or 12 I think

I wouldn't really call this episode cinegrid-worthy, but it was noticeably different in direction from the episodes that came before and after, that I made this just for kicks.

Also webm cinegrids are shit.

I agree. Expressive, fluent animation is impressive, but it isn't impressive in the same way that a single, aesthetic, meaningful frame is.

Cinegrids in general are shit.

Was Kizu this year? If so, Kizu is fucking gorgeous despite being very mediocre

Kizu 3, which was the best looking one anyway, was January this year. I like Kizu better as an adaptation than the other new Monogatari installments, because it foucses on just showing the novel's events through stunning visuals, making it great for people who have already read it and now want to see it brought to life.

Here's one of episode 51.
There's a lot of weird shit Dezaki does in this episode. The opening part of it was particularly trippy: youtube.com/watch?v=gsa5ZQA7hsI

It's definitely the episode of Ashita no Joe to look at to see early Dezaki-isms.
The closing part of the episode is even reminiscent of how he'd eventually close off the end of Ashita no Joe 2.

Rape is not cool man.

What are you referring to?

alright, I finished it!

You're doing God's work user. Much appreciated.

Oshii is incredible. I've been rewatching Gosenzosama Banbanzai, super underwatched work from a director I think even a lot of fans don't fully appreciate.

DELETE THIS ONE

I always loved that uppercut shot

Brewing a webm cinegrid for koe no Karachi but I don't know if it will fit

Anyone have any more for Kare Kano?

Truly. The guy who removes any substantial character writing from his films to use them as mouth pieces for an incredibly simplistic plot and thought is underappreciated. If anything, most of his works receive way too much leeway for what they are. I am simply glad that people arent pretending for Dallos to be an exceptional piece of work, yet.

This, I always love grids of Gainax/Anno.

It's this kind of talk which makes me say that.

Was it kino?

my.mixtape.moe/fiipef.mp4

Of course it is. Its also that kind of talk which makes the average viewer pretend that GitS its a thought-provoking film when its just a very simplistic rehash of a very common sci-fi theme. If anything, most of his works are over-appreciated. The only one that isnt is Patlabor 2, which actually has a tad more depth to it due to its conclusion (the one the viewer can reach) being somewhat blurry. I wonder why you for example think that Gosenzo-sama is under-appreciated when its probably his second most abstract work after Angels Egg, with the difference that its visuals arent even remotely as compelling. The target audience for that sort of stage humor is limited as hell, and if it wasnt for the very good animation, then the visuals would be a complete blunder entirely. Looks to me like you dont actually mean under-appreciated, youre just mad that there arent any more people who share your taste/want to suck the guys dick. Rest assure, though. There are already too many people who do, so youre not alone.

I hated this movie, but at least it had some decent shots.

>the visual high-point of the medium has SOME decent shots
user, I...

>visual high point of the medium

But Violet Evergarden hasn't aired yet.

That's not a cinegrid of Evangelion, silly user.

this

I hope you at least meant EoE, otherwise this post if irredeemable.

He didn't post Kemono Friends, dumbass.

Finally someone posting video. Static cinegrids are so boring, most of the shots in them are less than a second long too.

What do you use to make webm Cinegrids?
Video editing and all that has always generally been too difficult for me to get into.

Premiere, Vegas, Final Cut, Blender. Pretty much any decent editor, that means no Movie Maker or iMovie

First time making a grid so this is pretty shit. Been rewatching and taking a lot of screenshots now that I finally got the Judgement release so I might make a couple more.

Let me guess, you watched the movie first?

Yes. Did I fuck up?

Yes, just like you fucked up everything in your life, you miserable, pathetic failure.

Doremi is kino.

Post webms

That's not a nice thing to say, user. Didn't you consider that you might hurt my feelings?

If anyone has any more for RoV or is willing to do so, please feel free to do so.

I love Umetsu's character designs, and I wish he was successful enough to keep making his hyper-violent smut.

My Personal Rules for Making Aesthetic Cinegrides: don't put two shots that are too similar to each next to each other.

Sauce on anime?

Definitely better than kimi no na wa or kono sekai in terms of visual direction at the very least. Your name had fancier animation but that's about it

Well, he's working on something new at least.

Back to your KyoAni containment thread.