New Kino seems good to me

New Kino seems good to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same. I quite enjoyed it.

The neon grass though could use some editing but the story/characters kept to the kino esque of the VN and first anime.

Kino is a ugly slut

Look at these hips and tell me kino is a beautiful woman

Is this a remake or a sequel?

Both.

It has chapters made in the original as well as new ones.

I want Kino to enter me

I can't stand the different seiyuus. It's not that Aoi does a bad job, but for some reason I find the subtle difference really annoying. Hermes just sucks through and though though.

Hermes is good if that was the first voice i heard. Now I can't get old hermes out of my head

The more nasally one in S1 is better though

needs more w i d e.

It's not as unique as the old Kino, but it's definitely higher quality. Other than CGI Hermes--that's awful. I'm OK with the show so far.

One thing I was wondering. Did something get lost in translation about the country? They said murder was allowed but just killing someone wasn't. From what I saw, justified killing was fine but murder was the taboo.

>It's not as unique as the old Kino
I've heard this a lot. But what do people really mean by this?

Lurk more and watch the first adaption, retard.

Trying too hard

You've never seen the old one? The character design was unique, almost western cartoony in some cases. Animation and backgrounds were below average, but the action scenes were done pretty well. Scanline filter on the screen all the time. Hermes sounding like like a weird kid. Kino had a unique character to her voice. Soundtrack and OP/ED were terrific.

It was low budget but they did well making it a kind of art project.

I watched it and it sure as hell felt like Kino, so I like it. People are getting way too hung up on the art style when its the stories, soundtrack and general atmosphere that really make it Kino. The sound design was excellent, in my opinion, and the BGM was pretty comfy, with that nice low key accoustic guitar.

Anyone who unironically likes the scanlines is a fucking retard.

I didn't like them, but it did make the series unique.

they made her too cute

Girls on bikes are my favorite shows this season.

This is anime so art style is important. If I only cared about the stories, I'd just read the LNs while listening to some low key acoustic guitar.

I can't believe I am saying this but Kino is too cute for my liking.

OK guys, I love the old Kino, but right now go back and watch a few of those episodes. If anyone did an anime of that quality now it'd probably be a Flash animation and Sup Forums would be all mad about it too.

>Kino
Back to

The time period always matters.

If an 80s anime was done exactly of 80s quality but released now a good 3/4 of the people who are fans of it would hate it.

already there m8

Purest Kino

That explains the poor quality of threads these past couple of months.
Sup Forums crossposters shitting everything up.

Only Kino's not even that old, just low budget. Compare it to other early '00s shows with better talent, like FLCL.

Also consider the success of Kemono friends on the budget of a shoe-string.

Kino could still do well in neo-Sup Forums given that.

Could you imagine the shitstorm from Nakamurafags if Kino was Kemono Friends tier CG?

Yeah.

But what I meant was if Kemono could be successful on that budget with that CGI

Kino 2003 could be successful now with its art style and budget.

I'm not sure how to come to terms with the story on episode 1. To me the first season and all of its episodes each offered more to ponder than this one did. How is it that this town has no strict tests to determine who gets to live there or not? Because to me it seems that to commit murder, even if you were just doing what the townspeople do, requires at least some kind of ingrained coldness to be able to exact that kind of justice. So, it seems like there should be way more murder in that town, by the townspeople themselves, than what this episode tried to propose.

>How is it that this town has no strict tests to determine who gets to live there or not?
Well the test is if you don't fit in the town and cause trouble, you die.

>Because to me it seems that to commit murder, even if you were just doing what the townspeople do, requires at least some kind of ingrained coldness to be able to exact that kind of justice.

Well if you remember the guy kino meets at the end of the show. He's had to kill many people to survive. Once you kill a few people, that coldness becomes part of you out of necessity. Heck, the old man was the most ruthless killer of them all. Who's to say the whole society isn't murderers who want to let go of their past?

>So, it seems like there should be way more murder in that town, by the townspeople themselves, than what this episode tried to propose.
This isn't necessarily true.
Killing somebody in that town means that there's potential for you to be killed as well. Its like the libertarian NAP.
Violate the NAP and commit an act of agression, and you are most likely fucked.

The people are acting in their self interest by not being super aggressive and murdering people because they know that their next victim, or even their first, is just as willing to kill them back.

One thing you could say is that their politeness to each other might be a facade in order not to die. But these facades eventually become ingrained cultural values in the town after a few generations.

There's also sidecar racing but nobody is watching that shit.
Certainly are a lot of motorcycle girls lately.

>The character design was unique
So is the character design this time around. Nothing else is an argument to the uniqueness of old Kino either

Except it's not.

every time new hermes says "kino" i remember the old voice's "kinooooo" and get a little sad

Please don't shitpost, even ironically.

The new voice for hermes is my only genuine disappointment for this

Is there a webm of that motorbike pulling up sequence?

It's fine, I just hate CG.

Kino a cute

Me first.

The thinking man's Rolling Girls

Hey now, you're doing Kino a disservice about doing that. Rolling Girls is more of a coming of age show with punk rock sung by cute girls, while Kino provokes one to think about the world with violence committed by cute girls.

I think the new ones do a good job, but it's a tough job to live up the ones in the 2003 anime. They were just so well cast.

How kino is this

100% Kino.

It's whatever. It hasn't blown me away or anything. I remember the coliseum arc and episode 2 of the first series doing that, so we'll see how it does this week.

>One thing I was wondering. Did something get lost in translation about the country? They said murder was allowed but just killing someone wasn't. From what I saw, justified killing was fine but murder was the taboo.

Nothing gets lost in translation. The town's customs are exactly what you said.

animekino

are you a big guy

Kino is a gir-

>So is the character design this time around.

Not really. Nearly every character in the old one could have been from a French cartoon or something. The new one sticks to anime conventions.

Nice to see Shizu getting more recognition.

>CGI Hermes
>Generic anime style
Does every adaptation of old classics come to this?

CG bike looks like garbage

Every episode is Kino

Really my only gripe.

Do I need to watch the original or being familiar with the story to watch the new series?

Watch more anime

not at all. but if you like the new series enough to follow it you should watch the old one.

moe anime?

Kino a cute! CUTE!

youtu.be/h-raCawEuf4

not him but it's not like you can paste that formula every time someone call you out on your bullshits you know

What bullshit?

She was told not to mimic the original too much even though she could.

It was pretty good, but Kino shouldn't be giving me the boners she does.

Don't resist.

In the light novels there was a chapter where Kino visited a country that had "outlawed love". They had created a drug that would suppress any kind of love or emotional attachment, so the government would decide who married who and the people could just focus on work without fear of distraction. At the end, Kino was offered a packet containing a bag of the drug as well as instructions on how to make more of it with materials she could find on the trail. The ending never tells us whether or not Kino accepted the gift.

So did she take the gift, and thus never worry about not being able to travel anymore? Or did she turn it down, and decided to take things as they come?

its left open ended for a reason otherwise they would have just told us

It's left open ended so it can be interpreted and discussed.

New Kino a slut

She's a girl now.
My kind of girl.

Sir, Delet this rite now

New Kino's coliseum arc is only a single episode, right? I really wonder how they're going to handle it.

Hermes talks to a halftrack bike in the Shaft movie too

She didn't.
Because even after that chapter she still talks how about some day she might stop travelling. But always decides against it, by choice.

Not by drugs. Because however small, the lofty idea of settling down with a family is still a thought in her head.

I feel like I shouldn't be allowed to want to fuck nu Kino.

Correct.

Kino is not for lewd.

You say that as if old Kino was not equally fuckable.

I want to fuck her.

Oh lord

No Scan line = No buy

I can't believe I have to torrent this