>Buys a 15 year old girl and grooms her into a bride
>Sacrifices little kids
>Considered an evil monster by his peers

What the fuck is Elias's problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/6809275/chapters/15548362
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A-anyone?

I don't get what you're asking. What did he do wrong?

>Wears a strange fabric on his head
>Lives in the UK despite not having been born there
>Was a savage cannibal before being taught to live in civilization by white people

G-guys, could it be that Elias is actually a muslim?

This board is filled with Elias apologists who think he's edgy and cool and can do no wrong.

I agree, he's a fuckwit for not seeing this coming.

>says that when western civilization was born in the middle east
white people lmao

Why does he wants to marry someone in the first place? Does he want to breed or something?

>western civilization is from the middle east
>western
>middle east
WHEW, really makes you think...

It's because he doesn't understand humans, as usual. Masters and apprentices often end up as husband and wife so he simply takes it for granted that the same will happen with them without any understanding of why.

Was Lindel a girl or a guy? Because I find him/her very cute

a guy

How does that world even work like?
There's modern science and also magic?

yeah, they have internet too

I wonder if they have amazon for alchemy ingredients?

So, did she stab him in his sleep or became victim of stokholm syndrom and helps him dismember victims for cannibal feasts and sacrafice infants?

What the fuck? I haven't read this in a long time and there weren't that many chapters out, what's going on?

Elias will do ANYTHING if it will help Chise live longer. ANYTHING.

What do you expect? He's a monster with little concept about human emotions. It's not like the series hid that.

So what the fuck is Elias anyways?

I love it when any work of fiction focuses on characters like this. I'm still waiting for my manga or anime series revolving around an unhinged AI who meddles in human affairs just for kicks.

Monsters are cool too, but AI that are completely fucking bonkers are the best! Just the best!

Some sort of Fae that tried to become human.

He didn't really succeed, but I wouldn't say he failed. He's powerful and alien by Human standards, and an abomination by Fae standards.

Fuck, that hurts a bit. So close but so far away.

red hair is cute

right, they had no civilization before the nonstop invasions from the east

Anyway, Elias is an ancient being and definitely not human, thus he is not bound by moral values or common sense. If you consider this he is actually quite nice. He could have been like the other guy fucking with everything and everyone

A wendigo.

>civilization was born in a single place
Oh, well.

A friendly skeleton.

has that actually been stated? I assumed he was the offspring of a fae/human relationship, making him a half and elevens usually reject halfs, for not being pure eleven. it fits the story and is easy for elevens to understand.

archiveofourown.org/works/6809275/chapters/15548362

>fanfics
super lame

>Friendly
>Cannibal

But he's not human

Choosing to sacrifice someone you don't really care about for someone you really care about is very human though.

It's been implied so many times its basically fact. Most definitively, Rahab said he seemed like a fae that botched a dark spell.

Other fae also refer to him as the half-made.

I don't like the witches. The dragon escaping the auction and witches showing up as they have has been a bad thing.

It's stated that he's this way because of some spell rather than because he was born as such.

In which chapter is that stated? Because I honestly don't remember them ever saying that.

what is he doing in that pic?

sacrificing a loli to save a loli

I was told it was a healing manga? Like Natsume Yuujinchou? Why is it so edgy?

>Mahoutsukai no Yome
>healing
You have been severely mislead.

It sure can be comfy at some moments, but it's not healing for sure

On a scale from Poyo Poyo Kansatsu Nikki (0) to Akame ga Kill (10) how edgy is it?

oldman x succubus too pure

Arms are ripped off and people are constantly being kidnapped. So like a 6.

How can anybody call this comfy?!

It looks cute I guess.

This.

So Madoka is comfy by the same logic?

Spice & Death?

The SoL chapters in between drama arcs are pretty comfy.

I guess the country house setting is comfy.

So the anime will catch up with the manga?

It's mostly comfy and then things get spiced up now and again because fey and magi tend to be pretty amoral.

So it has a bipolar mood? I hate shit like this. It's only good in trainwrecks.

Why is this show so popular on MAL?
I'm not saying it's bad or anything. Just don't understand why this kind of a romance show being the Misty popular show right now when it's not that discussed in here.

>immortal shadow monster
>buys slave girl to experiment with
>she'll probably die in less than 3 years
>a few months go by
>"you mean more than I do"

Can we just admit that Mahoutsukai no Yome is stale and the characters as so unbelievably 2-dimensional? Chise is bipolar and emo. Elias is 100s of years old and the secret to becoming human was living with an emo teenage girl. And now that teenage girl trumps all priorities and relationships he's built over the centuries. Even his own life (which is odd because usually the last step to becoming human is to value others above yourself, which I thought would be a prevalent theme).

Everyone wears their motives on their sleeves and the plot consists of Chise fucking up with her protagonist plot armor (randomly attempting stupid Touma-esque shit) and Elias wiping her ass and telling her to stop being depressed. Sometimes the dog turns into a hot bishounen. And sometimes bishounens try and kidnap her. Also a bishounen sometimes shows up to teach her important magic which was supposed to be Elias' job (negating his role entirely). There's no intrigue and everyone acts predictably. The relationships are predictable and inconsistent. The manga keeps going on about how Chise's character is developing, but she's far less emotive than she was in chapter 1. The writing in this series is extremely poor.

yankee>>vampire>else

user, tone shifts that come with story progression or new character arcs are just a natural part of storytelling.

Is this a pasta?

I'm sure you enjoyed reading Usagi Drop.

Probably not but he's right, the characters are shoujo manga tier.

No, because Usagi Drop had no build up for the tone/story shift, which utterly fucked it over.

And what are you evidence that Mahou Tsukai no Yome is different?

Because it never pretends that things are perfect or that nothing will go wrong?
Despite most of it being comfy, the dangers of magic, fey, the setting and the characters inhabiting it are introduced properly and there is a distinct sense of unease perpetuating through the series whenever story starts shifting into focus. The dark parts never come out of left field.

No, bullshit, you can't just say everyone is "bi-dimensional" and proceed to reduce everyone's characters so they are. I can pretty much take any character in fiction and describe them just like he does and they'll also end up looking flat.

>Hurr it's bad that she wants to help people because I'm so fucking edgy
>Hurr sometimes there's a guy that's drawn as hot and it makes him a shit character
>Hurr there's no intrigue for my extremely specific definition of "intrigue"
>Hurr relationship are predictable and inconsistent, don't ask me how something can follow a pattern while also by definition having no pattern

Just an attempt at bad pasta spawned by the animeposters.