Biggest asspulls in anime/manga thread

Biggest asspulls in anime/manga thread

You just posted it.

Anyone willing to give me a Tl;Dr?
i'm not familiar with this shoddily drawn series, but see this meme constantly thrown around.

Pretty much made his Nen power wrap around his heart so when it stopped beating upon death, it would force it to beat again. It's like they say in this series, nen becomes stronger after death and this pretty much proves it.

Guy has a very vaguely defined ability in a setting where your ability is defined by restrictions, sacrifices and how it is used. This character has an ability that can be used for everything, without any sort of restriction and sacrifice. Including bringing himself back to life.

>transmuted rubber/gum that can expand and contract
>vaguely defined
>performing CPR means it can do anything
kys chrollocuck

The writing really went downhill after the Chimaera ant arc.

Every super saiyan form ever.

Just freeze him and have a stronk guy with a sledgehammer at the ready.
Nearly worked on Mr. Fantastic

Rubber nen wouldn't make it on a top 100 list of anime asspulls. It's mostly a meme. Not even top 3 biggest asspulls in HxH.

Top is Little Busters, but that was VN as a source.

O MY ULTRA INSTINCT

This is better

Kek

I thought he his power was never previously revealed until this one time where he revives himself from the dead. Sounds no different to all the Jojo characters who can see stands but otherwise have no powers suddenly bending spacetime 30 volumes later in a pinch.

>2 of the biggest asspulls belong to HxH
Really fires off my synapses.

hmm

People get caught up in hype and seem to forget that hxh is still just another shonen manga. Gon getting wished back to health is the sort of bullshit that shonen manga do.

Yeah yeah FT is all asspulls but this is the worst of them

Why spoonfeed?

O MY Is not an asspull, even if some people want it to be. Nanika however Is the biggest asspull, ever.

>O MY Is not an asspull,

Hmmm

>after
I am pretty certain the chimera ants fucked the whole series over, made the characters too strong.

>retards who meme without reading it are also crossboarders
Explain why it's an asspull.

Because it's a shit manga that nobody should be forced to read because of a fucking meme.

But hunter x hunter is the one true shounen that's different from all the other shounens it's totally different and unique don't listen to every other fanboy say this about every other shounen
this one's different

>Nen saving post death
>not breathing for more than 10 minutes and yet still function fine

the absolute state of HxH fags

>not breathing for more than 10 minutes and yet still function fine
It's a fiction and it's not based on our world. We have seen super-human feats from the MCs even before learning nen. Stop embarrasing yourself.

I mean, does anyone really consider HxH anything but shonen trash?

why is this drawn so badly? it looks like shitty deviant fan art

Check this out

All shonen are trash

>mangareader

How the fuck is it not an asspull?

You can just lurk and figure it out pretty easily. So why spoonfeed?

I thought it was fine because she's Erza

This is the manga? thought they were just a compilation of quickly done rough sketches on paper napkins

Because they're less lazy than you

You just don't uunderstand the high quality art that is HxH
It's so taxing to create that the maker has to go on hiatus all the time from the sheer strain of creating this perfection

Why do people think togashi is a genius?

YYH

Togashi just doesn't care, he prefers to write walls of text instead.
But when he does put effort in, the art is top tier.

this entire character

Oh my lightning Nin

Are you kidding me? Just look at the amount of detail put into that chicken.

Hunter x Hunter has walls of text with autistic levels of detail.

This spread looks like what Muira would draw.

>And to accoplish this, the murderer used a simple trick

but jojo is based on pure bullshit, in hunter x hunter they built up the premise of restrictions and other shit.
The stronger the power is, the bigger of a risk it poses in hxh.
Until lmao rubber nen my heart, lmao rubber nen my asshole for good sex

So this is the specific page where the author keeled over?

This is only like the third biggest asspull in the return to shiganshina arc alone.

>Oh let’s have some kind of rare, vague and poorly defined ability activation criteria like “powers getting stronger after death”
>Oh, this character is dying, eh he has a battle boner, that’s enough for activation
Just because it was explained earlier doesn’t instantly justify it, it is still plot convenience, therefore, an asspull

except bungee gum isn't OP at all, pumping his heart is the least it could do when other nen users can do superhuman feats without a sweat

>third biggest asspull in the return to shiganshina arc alone.

1st 2nd No one being able to hear a giant 4 legged titan approaching in a fucking ghost town

3rd

>Not “somehow that lone soldier was able to carry Erwin back all the way to Eren and Levi’s location, just before Levi injected the titan serum”
Goddammit Isayama went full retarded with the serumbowl and I still don’t see the its purpose other than forcing drama and maybe reinforcing that Levi is an incompetent soldier that makes decision based on personal feelings

I think it's salty shonenfags. Something like Naruto or even Dragon Ball is filled with asspulls, but they're irate at HxHfags for claiming that HxH is better than other shonen. It is. And asspulls, by themselves, are the very least of battle shounen's problems.

You don't need to type like a retard to prove your point. I wish you were the guy I replied to, but he ran away as expected.
>Oh, this character is dying, eh he has a battle boner, that’s enough for activation
Agreed. It's still not too far-fetched since Hisoka's whole purpose in life was fighting strong opponents. He chased after Chrollo for more than a year, and the reason he killed #4 was to got in the PT and fight Chrollo so their story goes back even further.
>Just because it was explained earlier doesn’t instantly justify it
It doesn't, it's still cheesy, but it can't be called an asspull if something like that is foreshadowed.
>it is still plot convenience, therefore, an asspull
So many things in every series can be called an asspull by that definition.

That isn't much of an asspull since it accomplished nothing in the long run except extra cheap drama and having people shit all over Erwin in favor a 15 year old with 3 months of military experience that really really wants to go on a dream vacation.

Basically everything done by these guys.

from part 1 to part 3

I've always thought that O MY FOX HAX was just as bad.

He still loses. How is that an asspull?

To be fair, it was said that there likely weren't any limits on the wishes Nanika could grant, which may include adding conditions to wishes, like when Killua told Nanika to kill his mother if he didn't leave the Zoldyck estate within 30 mins. Plus, Gon's condition meant that he couldn't use nen, not that he would die.

I'll never stop being mad at this mary sue piece of shit

One thing doesn't exclude the other.

The manga was just as bad
>Dad apparently I have healing powers now

Posthumous nen isn't exactly new. Kite did it when he was killed by Pitou, Pitou did it when they were killed by Gon, and it allowed Chrollo to use Sun and Moon. It was also the main reason why the Troupe didn't pursue and kill Kurapika. An experienced nen user using their ability to restart their heart after it stopped isn't that much of a stretch.

The o my rubber nen isn't even the worst thing in Asspull x Asspull.
Gon's adult form (i'm kinda angry you killed my friend, therefore win), aluka the magical genie (yet nobody wishes for world peace), the atomic bomb that caused meruem to die from radiaton poisoning, etc

To be fair, the issue is the existence and application of nanika's limitless wish granting ability. Gon's body sustains horrible injuries and then Killua conveniently pulls out a magic wish granting demon sibling of potentially limitless power to fix up his body.

>(yet nobody wishes for world peace)
can you imagine the price?

Nanika's been seen in Killua's family photos long before the actual reveal. It's also pretty strongly implied that nanika is something from the dark continent that Zzygg Zoldyck may have picked up when he went there with Netero.

>the atomic bomb that caused meruem to die from radiaton poisoning
I hope you're not one of those guys that hated the narrator because it was clearly explained it isn't radiation.

>the atomic bomb that caused meruem to die from radiaton poisoning

Humans beating non-humans with technology was the entire point of that arc. We don't need yet another shonen villain beaten with magical powers with zero relevance to the real world.

>Nanika's been seen in Killua's family photos long before the actual reveal.
Yep. Nothing in the photo indicates she is an omnipotent wish granting device whose purpose in the plot is to cure Gon out of nowhere though. Or justifies it.

ITT: Braintlets and Speedreads

Which one is you then