Editors

Was there a single time when an editor's suggestion actually improved a work, most of the time when I read what parts of the manga editors changed, they end up being the shittiest parts of the said manga.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLNkT7B--_0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Making negima a fun harem with some magic stuff as opposed to a battle harem which it later becomes like Akamatsu wanted. Editor's were right.

Eh, it's subjective. Personally, I found the mess that was Cell saga to be rather fucking amusing.

>Here are your villains
>Oh wait, they aren't cool enough, here are these twerps
>Oh wait, they aren't cool enough, here is weird bug man
>Oh wait, he's not cool enough, let's give him lips
>Oh wait, he looks fucking dumb, I'll make him perfect this time, honest!

Except All Might is one of the least popular characters. So it failed.

Egh, it's debatable.

The key is just to know when to take their advice. Editors have experience on the medium, they're not idiots who want to ruin a manga.
In ougamagadoki zoo hori went full "fuck editors" and wrote what he wanted, the manga got axed.
In barrage hori decided to switch his view and fully listen to his editor and do everything he says, the manga got axed.
In hero academia hori decided to take some advice from his editor while still keeping some ideas intact. Now look where it is now.

>Oh wait, he looks fucking dumb, I'll make him look like a cuter Freeza.

So finding the balance is the best possible outcome for most mangakas?

>Except All Might is one of the least popular characters. So it failed.
that is very fake news. he's been pretty consistant in the polls.

Stopping Hori from making a batman Deku was a great call, thanks to that the whole OFA and AFO thing exist and All Might is a recurring character instead of someone that barely appear like Hori first planned.

Wtf do you mean? All Might is really popular.

Sailor Moon would have ended a lot sooner if the editors didn't step in since the writer wanted to kill off all the characters and have a tragic end.

>listening to editors

When is he gonna make a new manga?
I miss Kubo ;_;

>Was there a single time when an editor's suggestion actually improved a work
Yes, that time Oda's editor told him Sabaody Archipelago was rather boring and uneventful, so Oda added the Worst Generation at the very last minute.
youtube.com/watch?v=uLNkT7B--_0

Editors helped pull World Trigger on the right track. It would have spent too long in monster-town at the start without intervention.

Yeah, remember that time when Hiro wanted to kill off All Might and the editors "convicned" him not to, and then every retarded bnhafag on Sup Forums started to pretend that "All Might" was actually dead?

The editor asked for harpies with big tiddies in 12 Beast, even if that doesn't make much sense

Made in abyss

Shanks lost his arm.

sincerely? I prefer as it was in the beginning. now does not even seem like a survival story, it's more of a ranking battle.

People don't know like All Might design?

I never knew if it was legit, but apparently Sasuke was introduced in Naruto because the editor told him to add a rival character. I don't know if we could blame that one on the editor, anyway, he just said to add a rival, it didn't have to be a piece of shit that took over the entire story.

Oh, this guy’s here again

This. With the endless ranking battles it feels like a neverending tournament arc while the monster invasion/survival theme took a backseat

I don't blame the editor. He was told to create the character, and it seems he liked what he made since he used him a lot.

Sasuke was actually good until the end of part one, where he wasn't a edgy piece of shit.

It's Kishimoto's fault he couldn't balance his characters better.

Editor-san did nothing wrong, blame it on kishimoto who can't write for shit.

>neverending tournament arc
Do you even read the manga

>Was there a single time when an editor's suggestion actually improved a work
Supposedly Mizunagi-sensei wanted to make Witch Craft Works dark and edgy as fuck, with the main couple being a yuri pair. The editor forced her to make the show more lighthearted and, most importantly, make the "princess" a boy. His rather feminine name (Honoka) is the only remnant of the fact that he was supposed to be female. As much of a trainwreck as WCW is, it would be a lot less enjoyable if it was yurishit.

Making the MC of Witch Craft Works a boy

Famously, Steve Ditko wanted to make the identity of the Green Goblin an entirely new character that was a complete stranger to Peter Parker. But Stan Lee insisted that it should be Norman Osborn because it would have more of a dramatic impact on the characters.

that's probably why they all feel like filler characters

were the editors the one who said to change the manga so much after the first arc or was that kubo

Sasuke only exists because editor

Published manga exists because editor

>never ending
Well that part's true at least

shut

Why i hate the android saga summed up in one post.
Good to know some people enjoyed it at least.

Didn't he have his tendons cute right after he ended Bleach?
I can't imagnie it being easy to draw after such a surgery

>As much of a trainwreck as WCW is, it would be a lot less enjoyable if it was yurishit.
Not really, Mikage obsession in Honoka and not kissing Ayaka would make way more sense also imouto marriage plot would be even dumber.

It's pure objective fact that negima festival and before was better than after.

The manga is 80% rank wars, user.

Oh look, it's the bnhafag again.

Still better than the sheer boring predictably of the Frieza arc.

predictability i mean.

>If Hori listened to the editor All Might would be generic dude#34738326

Dodged a bullet here

>since the writer wanted to kill off all the characters and have a tragic end.
Would've been better than the actual ending.

editors.
I think Kubo just wanted to do MoTW shenanigans but then had to introduce the lousy shinigami shitters.

user, you must have gotten your boards confused, this is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums.

his age is never revealed right?

People say he looks like an old skeleton in his broken form but hes not actually that old right?

probably mid-late 20s

Tomoko got her friends on suggestion from the editor for Watmote

He's probably in his 40s he's been the symbol of peace for a while

To be honest, it would be much more compelling and if AM died fighting AfO.

I mean, instead we have to watch him waste away with his virtually non existant power. Would have been much more epic for him to die after he said "you're next".

>No Sailors Pluto, Uranus, Neptune and Saturn then.
You are dead wrong about that being better.

Mercury was going to be a cyborg if it wasn't for her editor.