Hideaki Anno's Advice to Students: "Do What You Want In High School"

Is he a badass rebel Sup Forums?

>The teenage Anno was obsessed with anime and manga. When he wasn't absorbed in those activities, he'd play mahjong with his friends. Even during exam period, he'd play mahjong instead of study.

REBEL

Hideaki Anno's Advice to Students: "Do What You Want In High School"
4NN.cx/.122559

>end up a depressed sad sack who probably would have offed himself if he didn't catch a lucky stroke
Yeah, real badass

>REBEL
No, that's not what a rebellion is.

Anno really is the master. Subs when?

>As if that doesn't happen all the fucking time amongst even successful Japanese

Keep drinking that capitalist kool-aid, Yank.

not doing what you are suppose to do is to rebel against that thing.
i was also being sarcastic. i guess the quote and caps locks aren't enough of a tip.

For high school? Nah.

For university? Yes.

You have one life, don't train to do something you hate during the week so have money to burn on weekends.

One of the shitest directors ever tbqh

wow, a deep psychological message, evafags truly are most wise fandom.

He's right. The freedom you have as a child never comes back. Once you're an adult, you have to work.

you couldnt possibly be upset, could you?

My advice to high school students would be cheat
Wear a jacket to all your tests and use your phone inside of it. Pirate the wolfram alpha apk so you can get the steps on how to do the questions for when you're asked to show your work. If your school or teacher is an extreme hard ass and collects phones then get a cheapo extra phone and hand that one in. Do this anyway so that you can hand it in when you go to the bathroom even if the teacher doesn't ask. When one student does it, he will expect all the students to, and then the other kids with that idea will get fucked.
Then spend all your free time watching anime and playing video games and jacking off.

Repeat in college, except put more actual effort in.

I hate my job.
But I hate my life, there is nothing else I can do.
Well, I could die, but I don't think that I would be happy.

>"It happened to work out for me, so it'll definitely work out for you too!"

Name one good Anno movie

He's sort of right
You should have fun before you start university or get sucked into the world of wageslavery

>everything that i don't like is capitalism
Boy i sure love injecting my ideology into every facet of life, im totally rational and mature guise, IM ONE OF YOU!

>upset
more like laughing

i think you have to see it from japan's side.
the kids in japan kill themselves because the system tells them that if they are not good they are shit human being and a burden for your family.

>the wagecuck mentality isn't encouraged by capitalist society

I did just that, shitposted about anime for a decade straight, and look where I am now! Thanks BOOMER ADVICE™!

Nah but seriously, lad, a lot of the idea of "success" in the West, and in the US especially, is bound up in possessing material wealth. Would you not agree?

>I'd rather have been a normalfag, see my fudged unix timestamp that isn't Sup Forums related

>But studying isn't the most important thing you can do as a high school student, Anno went on to say. By doing what you like doing in high school, you will discover your passions for later in life. It doesn't matter what that passion is, whether it's sport or creative arts, the discovery of your passion is the most important thing you can do in high school.

Meanwhile, in 1996...

>tfw was laughing at those images for years yet now it simply depicts reality

>image says college
>present day Anno is talking about high school

Neetbux isn't nearly enough to support a buyfag lifestyle and you damn well know it.

Back then he was a pathetic self-hating otaku who cared deeply of what people thought of him and who though the wagecuck life was mature and upstanding.

Now he's a rich money-printing guy who realized nobody gives a fuck

That's why you supplement your income.

>bsed through high school
>bsed through college
>bsed through job interview

feels good lads. Now I just sit in my office and shitpost on Sup Forums about how bad anime is these days. Tired of all this CGDCT garbage.

Yeah, and that doesn't happen if you follow Anno's fantastic advice, and follow your dreams of posting images of nice butts all day.

Go make Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0

You're just making excuses for normalfaggotry.

It's actually very easy. Big companies and even some countries are always looking for some freelancers to promote them on the internet.

my advice would be seek real education
but hey, i'm here too right

I kinda forgot about 4.0 is never coming out.

my hero

>doglet
>chained up
Yeah, you showed us a real bad-ass

>Pooh!
>Yes, Christopher Robin?
>I’m not going to do Nothing any more.
>Never again?
>Well not so much. They don’t let you.

I don't think it really matters too much what you do in school if you aren't stupid. I never studied school related subjects at all outside of class until I reached university and always got the best grades you could. Then in university I did the complete opposite and stopped going to classes and just studied by myself and got great grades. Basically don't be stupid and you'll be OK either way.

Regular-smart people usually have trouble when they reach university because they are too used to just cruising through school on their smarts, and never learning how to actually work on something.

>having a job
>normalfag
Yeah no.

Yeah I can see that happening, especially if you aren't all that enthusiastic about your subject or never particularly enjoyed learning to begin with but just happen to be smart.

Defending having a job is very normalfag, yes. If you don't hate your job you're either a turbo normalfag or exceptionally lucky.

>Do What You Want In High School
Stupid demented boomers, things are not as comfy for us as it was for you because you selfish hippie fuckwits destroyed everything there was and built nothing.

I went to train for something I loved and burned out while studying, so now I hate it and also has low income.

Some of us have the foresight to realize that mommy is going to keel over eventually, and if we don't have a means to pay for housing, it's sodoku time. I'd personally advise doing a wagecuck grind until you can afford ~3-5 acres of rural land, and build a shelter out of shipping containers and styrocrete. Raise bees or some shit for supplemental income. Never have to deal with normalfags ever.

neetbux won't last forever

Autismbux will - until the economy crashes. But when that happens, you're fucked even if you were a wageslave before.

>not just offing yourself when the bux run out or you can't take working anymore
>lmao dude just live out of a van
You have any idea how many wizkids try these alternative lifestyles until they realize shit sucks and it's alot of work?

Exactly, but these normalfags just don't get it. Let them be.

>not just offing yourself
Fuck no, not until I've seen the 50th season of teekyuu. Dying before then is just stupid.

You're most likely going to have to off yourself eventually unless you want to become a normalfag or end up in a nursing home, lad.

>Anyone who doesn't kill themselves is normal
Follow your own advice.

>An' live off the fatta the lan'. An' have rabbits
We know how this story ends.

Working isn't even that bad to be honest.

I get money to buy the things I want, I get my own place, and I probably watch more anime, and have been watching anime far longer, than the majority of people who would attack "normalfags" and live off of their "neetbux".

Your defensiveness is testament to your normalfaggotry. You either die a wizard or live long enough to see yourself become a normalfag.

That was my first post in this thread. Please go back to wherever calling people "lad" started. Fucking Irish.

What the fuck is this Sup Forums tier shit? You go back you fucking normalfag.

You doin' fine, man. If I weren't so autistic, I'd be a happy to be a productive member of society.

Yeah you fucking peabrain that has absolutely nothing at all to do with what you do in highschool. Are you fucking retarded?

>just be a slave dude haha s'all good
>I totally watched anime longer than you
Oh great elderfag please tell me of your awesome ways of gorging on corporate cock and how you tape traded and how you have a massive LD collection and how you're actually Mr. Macek's kid brother. Please elucidate me on how you were the first to watch Zegoy and how you helped found aniturnpike and how you and your buds were the secret mafia of the C/FO and how you basically invented Gophernet.

Eat shit you fucking poser.

Did you wear a kilt to highschool? Do you swear "by the gods!" Why acting like you're straight from a LARP has looped around into being the hottest meme is a mystery.

And yet people without work are statistically more prone to clinical depression than people with work.

>butthurt norman is this upset
Fuck outta here and stop posting offtopic shit, kid. Abloo bloo I successfully called you out as a normalfag. Tough shit, it's an anonymous board, you and everyone else including me will probably forget this thread tomorrow, so stop being a little faggot about it.

What is this, are you replaying the Norman conquest of the British isles?

>lad
>traps
>"norman"
Could you act like any more of a newfag if you tried? Because it really seems like you're trying.

>I don't understand a single thing about statistics
I urge you to actually take a class with your normalfag buddies on statistics to learn about things that influence the outcome of said statistics.

>horf blorf more people are self-reported as sad without work because they're impressionable failed normalfag incels that lose all sense of self-worf because they dun work so sadz :(

>cellphone samefaggotry
Yeah, I'm actually really impressed by your /bant/borne faggot-isms, it is I who must be the newfag. You're right.

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

Who the fuck invited all these normalfags in glorifying work? This is not my beautiful board.

You're trying too hard and it's very transparent :P

The first step to getting help is admitting that you have a problem.

... The End of Evangelion?

Geeze, what can I ever do to recover from such a normalfag platitude? You have me cornered user.

>iwasonlypretending.jpg

No, I wasn't pretending shit, faggot. I'm calling you out for trying too hard by harping on an ironic( le irony xdxdx) emoticon you oblivious fuckwad. Enjoy the ban anyway for your monumental contribution to this thread.

You could kill yourself.

Let me get this straight. Being an oldfag means:
>posting "ironic" emoticons
>hot Twitter memes
>announced reports

Did I get all that right?

For someone who is so happy with your "NEET" way of life you sure seem to have a lot of bitterness, anger and resentment towards others who live differently and don't really care how you live your life. Almost seems like the result of a festering jealously and a longing not to be an outcast but what do I know. You've clearly spent a lot longer than I ever have agonising over this. You seem so deep in this mindset judging by your post you probably have all kinds of rationalisations built up as defences in your mind.

Anyway I honestly couldn't care less about your tribal definitions of "normalfag" and whatever kind of fitting in you want to do on the internet. Just pointing out that as far as anime goes, if having a job mean being a "normalfag", then concept of "normalfag" in no way relates to being someone who is knowledgeable about anime or who watches a lot of it.

Don't worry, I enjoy all my bans. It's boring otherwise.

What was that?

As with any advice, your mileage will differ. You are not gonna make the next Eva. If you want to "rebel" in high school, good for you but most likely you'll end up being a neet trash.

It really doesn't matter what the fuck you do as long as you take care of your body and don't want kids.

I want a little girl.

Are you from wizchad or something.

Then tdon't fuck around lol. I don't think risking NEETdom is that bad as long as you don't want a family. You can always bounce back as a single able bodied man.

I unironically think that Anno-san is the greatest filn director of all time and only because of EoE and Love & Pop. Fight me.

I wish someone had told me that back then. I'm not talking about the anime part, I still did that, I mean all the normalfag stuff that I didn't do because I had to be a "good" boy. All I got out of it was a perfect score and crippling depression.

>It doesn't matter what that passion is, whether it's sport or creative arts

Only through luck, being at the right place at the right time and being exceptional can you succeed in the arts which 99% of people won't. Nah, I'll take the safe route.

You don't need to get rich with art. Most artists will be poor, but they can still make a living out of it if they are serious about it.
There are a few creative jobs that are rather risky, where you sometimes have months or even years between jobs (and then you get 4 jobs all at once), and there are people who just plain don't cut it.
But in general you can pursue 'most any career.

Your mistake was not trying to get better in all domains of competence. Gotta git gud socially, physically and mentally.

That's what I did. And I regret it.

In my opinion you should never pursue arts unless you have an obsession with it and isn't delusional about your ability and talent.

>>The teenage Anno was obsessed with anime and manga
We all know that it's lie.

I love you guys. I hope you all will one day find happiness. Take care of yourselves. I need you.

When will we get an Anno autobiopic?

>what is Eva

This. You stupid underage faggots need to study. Get out of here and do something worthwhile. This place is a shitty consolation prize for failing at life.

Not enough mahjong.

It'd be the same level as reading Miyazaki's lies. They're nobodies who wasted their time self-obsessed with themselves while doing jack shit noteworthy pretending to be otaku, nothing more and barely anything to do with anime.