What's so great about this series? The first 50 chapters felt really weak even when comparing to shit like One Piece

What's so great about this series? The first 50 chapters felt really weak even when comparing to shit like One Piece.
Does it get better? Or do I just not get the appeal?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_Srg40mR0
youtube.com/watch?v=nIJkqzOCoSk
youtube.com/watch?v=SFtMNe7G6zk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The appeal is that it's happy go lucky at first but becomes darker. That's literally it. The art and writing are average at best, don't listen to what reddit says

Just like MiA
Why is edgyshit so popular in this board

it isn't happy go lucky at all, characters get killed right and left in the very first arc and the MC gets hunted by a perverted clown

It's fun

Really? I wouldn't know, I don't usually browse Sup Forums.

despite only being like 300 chapters it has more ideas and variety than One Piece has after 900 chapters

It must have been your other personality then

I think it does have a more lighthearted, fantastic vibe to it, even with lots of edgy shit.

I guess it just isn't for me, then. It's fun alright, but I'm better spending my time with other manga.

Like what? Until now there hasn't been all that many good ideas desu.

It really must have.

It has 2 cute shotas, what else do you want? Drop it if you don't like the MCs, maybe wait until Yorknew ends and then decide. It has its moments, but it seems you had really high expectations for some reason.

>it seems you had really high expectations for some reason
I guess. I always hear people talking about how this is the best shounen ever made and how the world and it's rules are well constructed. But really it is really average in my opinion.

you generally come across as a boring cunt with bad taste, try Black Clover

Pitou is the best thing about HxH

I'll stick to series that are more than average at best, thank you.

Just like you'll stick to making pointless threads?

Do you always get this mad when people don't like the same shit as you? I'm sure you can at least point what's so objectivelly good about HxH that makes my taste so bad, right?

It's actually 100% true

>I always hear people talking about how this is the best shounen ever made and how the world and it's rules are well constructed
Yeah, people love to do that. It has great moments in following arcs, but it's debatable if they are worth the time if you don't enjoy the series in general. Nen being explained is great and all, but the author can still give characters whatever ability he wants and have them fight/not fight for plot convenience.
>But really it is really average in my opinion
It is. I still like it more than any other battle shonen I've seen, mostly because I liked the characters. You haven't seen most of them yet by the way, but I can't force you to continue if you think it isn't worth your time. Then again, you've read/watched OP so I don't think time is your biggest concern.

I think because HxH is so circlejerked in this board anyone that doesnt like it is seen as an outsider.
And Sup Forums is absolutely terrified of outsiders

It doesn't get better. It's shit and the asspulls are some of the worst I seen in any battle manga.

The opposite is also true. You can't praise/defend HxH without people implying you said it's the best thing ever, which is why OP's expectations were high.

The characters were honestly the best part. Kurapika's whole motivation/backstory seem really interesting to me, and Hisoka in general is always a joy to watch.
I guess I can give this series a chance for them alone. Like you said, yes, it's not like I don't have time.

"What's the appeal of x hurr" are always lame threads.

Not really, it's always nice to see people arguing in favor of things they like, even if some assholes get in the way.

>Kurapika's whole motivation/backstory seem really interesting to me, and Hisoka in general is always a joy to watch.
In that case, there's a good chance you'll enjoy the next arc.

Are you prepared for her to make the same thread tomorrow?

That's just you being swept up in the meme craze.

Any one that spits out O is dismissed to my eye

OP, list 10 shonen series that are better than HxH if it is so (average)

He already said OP so it can only go downhill from there

Hokuto no Ken
JoJo
Inuyasha
Hajime no Ippo
Fullmetal Alchemist
Soul Eater
Dragon Ball
Gintama
One Piece
Digimon Adventure

>dragon ball

hahahaha

>Digimon adventure
Digimon Tamers is a better choice it's written by the same guy that did Lains so it has some edge to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_Srg40mR0

youtube.com/watch?v=nIJkqzOCoSk

The girl is braindead and the guy keeps talking to her

>he doesn't like dragon ball

I'm shocked

I came here to laugh at you.

Sure you may not agree with me but you have to be a brainlet not to see the great things in Dragon Ball. But please, feel free do argue.

>Inuyasha
hhahahahahahhahaha
>Hajime no Ippo
no way, that descended into mediocrity years ago
>One Piece
see above
>Soul Eater
not as good as HxH
>Digimon Adventure
hahahahahah nope

your taste is SHIT

Nice arguments

>One Piece
Not since the timeskip when it lost all sense of it's adventure.

>Soul Eater
Soul Eater was pretty fucking bad man, as much as people didn't want it to be.

It's more fun, subjectively speaking.

Objectively speaking, everything past Freeza arc is a trainwreck writing wise.

hahahahahahahahahahha

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Wew

the Soul Eater anime is better than the manga actually, which is pretty rare in shounen

Nice taste.

Your list also doesn't say why they are better than HxH.

Tamer is garbage

It's pointless to even argue with a HxH fan.
Imagine liking something niche and then trying to shove it down everybody's throats.

Nobody is watching this show you sad fucks.

It's appeal it's that it is a shonen series and it's a bad SHONEN.If you introduce someone to this series saying it will be like other shonens they will get disappointed

Which is still awful because it had MAKA PUNCH as the clincher.

Inuyasha is unironically pretty good.

Fuck off
youtube.com/watch?v=SFtMNe7G6zk

>hxh
>niche
Nice try contrarian.

>not a new IP
Imagine being this desperate.
>Imagine liking something niche and then trying to shove it down everybody's throats.
What? OP asked for it. Nobody here tried to prove why it's the best thing ever.

>This level of denial.
Sup Forums is not even 1% of the whole anime community

>hxh
>niche
pls just stop

>garbo thread
Looks like OP's mission is accomplished

It is a fucking niche show.
Where do you think it fits as far as popularity in the west?

>niche
>sold like 70 million copies in just Japan and now it's even on fucking Toonami

>It's pointless to even argue with a HxH fan.
That's what I'm getting from this thread. I'm still waiting for someone to reply with aything other than "your taste is shit but I have no arguments against any of the series you posted"

it's one of the best selling manga of all time m8

Why should anyone waste their time while you can say they are better without anything to back that claim?

it's very well known in the West, it had two anime adaptations, OVAs, a movie etc

I'm talking about in the west .

>with aything other than "your taste is shit but I have no arguments against any of the series you posted"
That's literally what you're doing though, you haven't said why any of those series are better than HxH. Why are you getting asshurt at people giving you equivalent responses?

everybody knows about Hunter x Hunter in the West

Because so far no one who thinks HxH is objectivelly good even tried to argue why.
I won't bother saying why I prefer each one of those series, but for one they at least had more than 3 interesting characters in the first 50 chapters, and some actual fights instead of literally nothing.

Even more people know about beyblade than HxH in the west

see

we could explain, but you should be able to figure out on your own why it is good. If you need others to explain you lack basic analytical skills and there is no point in us explaining anything because you are too retarded to listen

I'd argue that people know beyblade even more than one piece in the west.

Anyone with an entry level interest in anime knows HxH in the west.

No shit sherlock.
Even bleach was more popular than one piece and HxH while it was still alive(in the west).

>mfw too smart to argue

If you’re the type of retard who enjoys One Piece, you’re a lost cause.

fucking 2011, this nu-generation should be treated to a real adaptation.

Yes, that one

Is it better or worse than Yu Yu Hakusho? Keeping in mind YYH's flaws

it has better highs but worse lows, Hakusho stays more consistent

What you don't seem to understand is that even if people spoonfeed you why it's great, it won't matter if you can't consciously figure out yourself. You still won't be able to understand it. If you couldn't figure out by the middle of the Hunter Exam what sets HxH apart, you will NEVER get it. Just drop it and move on, maybe try again in a few years if you're developed better taste.

Not really.Entry level interest only comes down to Death Note,FMA,Naruto,Code geass,Attack on titan,sword art online and maybe steins gate.

HxH is just that weird anime that tries to deviate from the norm and appeals to a more niche audience.

It's a more refined YYH and Level E mashed together

Coincidentally I've read the first 40 chapters yesterday and I kind of agree. I wouldn't call it weak but it's a 5/10 in my book, and people had my hopes way higher than that.

the Hunter Exam is a really solid introduction arc, it introduces all the main characters and their motivations, gives them trials to show their abilities and has fairly high stakes in that many of the tests are fatal and there are hints into more dark and interesting background like Kilua and Hisoka which are expanded on later.

It's a great first arc, one of the best I can think of if you can't recognise it I dunno what to say.

The future arcs are better but if you haven't read them there is no point saying anything.

It's trash. Watched almost 90 episodes of this saturday morning cartoon shounenshit before being able to fully convince myself that the ridiculous hype around it is undeserved to say the least. The "dark" parts are reminiscent of how a child would claim the One Piece subs are darker because there is blood. Nen is even more bullshit than haki or chakra, it just gives a convenient justification for whatever power you can pull out of your ass. Then we have to endure a nonsense, unforeseeable explanation of what the character is going to do in a fight rather than watching them do it (see hbomberguy's video on Sherlock for more info on this sort of phenomenon).
Really, it only stands out among the most mediocre of shonen action bigwigs. Jojo and BNHA are better action if you really must.
The anime is at least partially redeemed by some superb animation every 10 episodes or so. Manga seems to look like absolute shit.

How can HxH be deviating from the norm when it preceded all of those series

>(see hbomberguy's video on Sherlock for more info on this sort of phenomenon)
What a dumb shilling nigger.

Are you new or something? HxH isn't weird at all, it's very famous and only second to the huge franchises like Dragonball and One Piece. Everyone with a passing interest in manga knows about HxH

not true by the way

OPs narrative is that hxh is this secret niche manga for Sup Forums elites kek

if you don't like it whatever, but it is not niche at all

fucking kill yourself

I guess HxH fans really are dense. 80+ replies and not even one argument in favor of the series besides "muh shota".
>"w-well we won't argue because you wouldn't get it"
Sure.

That's your own fault for setting your expectations so high. You don't really know what you were expecting and if you found something you didn't like it, you'd get more annoyed than usual and brings down your overall enjoyment down to a greater degree.

Stop listening to Sup Forums and Youtube, people.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

>One Piece is good because I say so

I guess it didn't take much to bring your other personality out.

To some degree yeah it's my fault, though my expectations were risen by friends and not randoms on the internet.
I'd just like to add that it's not like I've dropped it. I intend to read more later since it definitely has set the foundation in those first chapters for what could possibly get interesting, and because of those same expectations I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt to a larger number of chapters. But if it takes too long I'm bailing out.

great characters, distinct switches in tone and subject matter between arcs to keep things fresh, great worldbuilding, interesting writing and villains, some pretty good plot twists (arcs never have predictable endings and the story goes into some interesting directions), great battles with high stakes

it basically takes every shounen trope and executes it really well, often playing with them in fun ways

Almost as if Togashi didn't go on hiatus for years on end.

I geniunely thought he wanted to decide whether to drop it or read some more at first.

I'm not the one saying it's niche, everyone at my school watched the 1999 series when it came out.

It didn't really show all that many abilities, tho. Most of them didn't really fight. This and the fact that very few moments actually felt dangerous made the whole arc kind of boring for me.
The best moment however was when Gon was trying to catch Hisoka's number. That was great.
> it introduces all the main characters and their motivations
I guess this is a good point, you're right.