Kill me

Kill me

>Summer 2018

Are these niggers serious

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dammit, now I gotta wait at least 9 months for my lulz before some pirate posts 'em! Fucking Kodansha.

I CAN'T EVEN BUY THIS LEGALLY IN MY COUNTRY IT HAS MINORS DRINKING AND HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

no

>licensed
That just an excuse, they should just say they don't want to to do the series anymore.
Even the most popular shounenshit isn't penalized whatsoever let alone these backwater series.

MAYBE SOMETHING NICE WILL HAPPEN

Fucking hell we need more english speakers outside the US and Canada scanlating to avoid this horse shit. I am not paying ten times the price of the japanese version just to read manga.

WHY WOULD ANYTHING NICE EVER HAPPEN

Now this is real cancer, what about other people who don't live in the US

This is sad, but if you think about it, this is also very sad.

So this is what happens when we let corporations manage our lulz. Is this what we want our lulz to be? Commodities?

You can but stuff from Comixology just fine.

>WAAAH I CAN'T STEAL THIS MANGA ANYMORE I HAVE TO SUPPORT THE INDUSTRY BAAWWW

Where do you live?

Are you Russian?

RUfag?

>HOMOSEXUAL RELATIONSHIPS

It's been a while since I read GB. What the fuck?

>WAHH I THINK EVERYONE LIVES IN THE US AND COULD AFFORD THE PRICES IF IT EVEN REACHES THERE.

I dunno, while this is terrible news I can't blame them for not wanting to deal with potential legal trouble. Scanlations are mostly a hobby for translators, would you really want to get in legal trouble over your hobby?

>WAAAH THE LOCALIZATION WILL NEVER CATCH UP WITH THE UNOFFICIAL TRANSLATION AND WILL BE DROPPED BECAUSE LACK OF MARKET

It's a popular serie, there won't be any trouble in getting translations back. Maybe it won't be to the same standard but I doubt it'll be such a big drop that people will complain about it, like in Kaguya's fastscans thread.

Up to chapter 25 Sup Forums also got GB greentext translations while Helvetica was catching up, at worst it'll come to that.

Helvetica are fags tho, because their reason for dropping it wasn't just "we don't want to do it because we like to work with our translator", which is understandable because fast translations requires a lot of back-and-forth and someone new and potentially inexperienced can needlessly complicate the workflow. Their reasoning was "we're dropping it because if we get another translator on it the old one will be offended for some reason".

Shame but heh, next month it'll be sorted out and we'll see Cakey getting rejected, it's all good.

Then get your own fucking scanlators and stop relying on Americans, you third worlder. Oh wait, everyone is too lazy and unskilled in your shithole.

What about raws?

>too lazy and unskilled in your shithole.
As I said, I don't live in America. Also I'm a QC and I could tell you that most English scandalators aren't american. Then again, you are american you probably don't understand.

>Also I'm a QC
Literally a pointless position. Get a real skill set.
>I could tell you that most English scandalators aren't american
No, you can't. Also QC your fucking post, you damned third world leech.

>I'm a QC
>scandalators
Please quit immediately.

>Also I'm a QC
>scandalators

>scandalators
That's actually pretty funny because it's true

People actually read this garbage?

how can someone waste all his time here and not just fucking learn japanese. worst, how can someone accept this shit? "hurr summer 2018" LOL
if i did it, any fucking one can do it - because yes i'm fucking trash
just do it, jesus

good lord are you one of those chink """"translators"""" that make incredibly broken and impossible to follow """"""translations"""" that take away any chance for good groups to pick something up?

if so please kill yourself gook

>Then again, you are american you probably don't understand.

Why are modern scanlation groups so spineless and pro-corporation?

Why do you get sued for translating shit? It's literally your work. Do you get sued as well for making physical copies of another painting by your hand?

If translators didn't insist on making their identity public so they can receive donations and attention, they wouldn't need to worry about legal trouble.

MOUNT UP
SCANDALATOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORS!

What do you mean, the joke wasn't that was a portmanteau of scandal and scanlator???

Someone got it.

>i was only pretending to be retarded

>Do you get sued as well for making physical copies of another painting by your hand?

If the author request you to stop and you didn't, then yes.
They can sue you for breaking their IP.
The same law stop people for drawing you up as a faggot like you are and post it everywhere near your house.

they never said anything about being scared of getting legal trouble, they just want people to support the series by buying it.

Will they greentext it here?

Stop being a third worlder.

What are excuses?

>mfw N1 JLPT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>waiting a year for a translation when you could just learn enough japanese to get by with reading the original script

TLbrainlets are the worst.

NO ITS THE NEWEST BEST MANGA

DONT

KEEP LETTING ME RELIVE COLLEGE IN PEACE

>scandalators
I think I'll have use for this in the future.

>It's literally your work.
It's a derivative of their work. If you make a movie, that movie is your work, but mentioning someone else's product without permission is still going to get you sued.

A translation itself isn't illegal, it's only if you're distributing the whole work itself with your translation releases.

Scanlators should secretly upload raws, and publicly upload translation pngs that you put on top of them.

>EOPs getting BTFO again
When will you learn Japanese?

>publicly upload translation pngs that you put on top of them
I think this is a good idea, shame no one is doing it. It would save a lot of time by skipping redrawing.

Is this the advent of theera of Softlations?

That's like during alcohol prohibition when stores would sell grape bricks labeled with "Warning: do not mix with a gallon of water and leave in a cool dim place for twenty days or else it will make wine"

I'd rather someone made a program that let translators easily overlay text onto images inside the program and once they are done, save it as a small file. Basically sub files for manga. Then people reading just open raw manga and these translation files and the program overlays it for them

I only want this so raw manga gets better distribution

well Sup Forums? go buy and support your favorite manga. Are you gonna wait? It will take years to scan the official English translation.

>secretly upload
that's not how it works, scanlating isn't completely charity. No one is willing to work on their free time for leechers like all you here without some sort of merit.

If you want to make a business out of sharking foreign works just be prepared to get sued then I guess. There's plenty of hobbyist scanlators.

escalators are dying, just post the raw and a separate translation on the side, that's the faster way and it's easier to avoid legal issue that way. It's an annoying way to read but at least it help learning Japanese a bit and it allows other untranslated works to process faster.

That's just for volume 1

>Summer 2018
I'm all for buying official translations, but holy shit that's slower than Jew Press.

>Kadokawa
Not only are they killing my tanoshii, they're also doing this? English Maoyuu from them has 1 volume released a year digitally holy shit.

I used to do that in the late 90s when scanlations were few and far between, but no one read them.