Thoughts on Flordia's passed gun control bill?

Thoughts on Flordia's passed gun control bill?

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sounds responsible gun sales will increase.

>implying fathers can't just buy one for their sons
Who is this bill for

lonely fags like nik cruz

pretty sure this is unconstitutional

For unwanted group home children such as yourself

5d chess, by disarming Americans the government is really arming Americans. MAGA

How ? They aren't denying anything to anyone just saying be this age to buy it.

>implying fathers can't just buy one for their sons
>Who is this bill for
think, user. who does this bill prevent from acquiring guns?
what ethnicity is notorious for not having their fathers around?

did you even read what you just typed up?

im so glad that kid in Oregon is suing. This will go to the supreme court and gun grabbers are going to get BTFO

if you need to be 21 for this, then you need to be 21 to vote and you need to be 21 to join the military by the same logic. Lets see how that pans out.

WHat?

FL already has a 3 day waiting period for handguns, so this isn't that big a deal and the 21 thing actually makes sense since men are refusing to grow up and are staying half retarded neet manchildren until 30 these days, but they should also raise the voting age.

Those kids need those guns NOW
I seriously regret my vote for Drumph
I can't believe we let him get his tiny orange hands on hte nuclear codes

unconstitutional. all gun laws are illegal. gun grabbers are all domestic terrorists and enablers of crime and unrestrained tyranny. every gun grabber should be hurled from cannons into the sun.

It's unconstitutional because the bill contains wording that allows the government to seize weapons from people it deems "a threat to themselves or others", which is fucking anyone they choose.

See

FLORIDA MAN NO

Glad to see a non CIAnigger for once

Keep the program for training/arming school employees and toss out the rest.
CA has a 10-day wait period and that obviously does literally nothing.
Not sure why we're trying to raise the age limit to 21 on everything, seeing as almost all the mass shooters that make it to the media in the past decade have been 21+ or got a gun from their parents. There's adults at 18 that live alone or people

Yeah they'll just plant evidence or call someone a "threat" based on any kind of wrongthink, while they let idiots like Cruz get the police called on him 39 times without arrest.

The bill has been signed into law, there is no throwing parts out now.

Enjoy having your guns stolen, Florida fags, because you show signs of depression and you're a threat to yourself.

Exactly. This bill is sheer fucking tyranny, it allows the state to infringe on rights without due process.

NUKE FLORIDA NOW, CONTAIN THE SPREAD.

>trash parents
>produce trash offspring
>trash offspring create the vast majority of societal ills
Birthing age raised to 21 when? This would eventually do more for overall gun crime than any currently proposed gun control measures.

Stop paying attention to the fucking age part and pay attention to the part where they state they're gonna take guns before due process.

You should be able to own a gun without being legally black out drunk. I agree with raising the age limit.

Literally unconstitutional. It's infringing the right of an adult citizen who has not committed a crime to own a firearm. Then again all guns laws are unconstitutional since they all infringe.

I love Trump for inspiring the gun grab!

>Train and arms school employees.
Seriously fucked up shit.

I hope you realize that conveniently one of these teachers will murder their students with a gun and make things worse

Prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Yeah I know, it says "signs historic gun control bill," OP just asked for thoughts so that was my reccommendation if it hadn't been passed.

>the 21 thing actually makes sense since men are refusing to grow up and are staying half retarded neet manchildren until 30 these days
Fuck that, you can't deny other people their right to own a weapon as an adult just because you think a chunk of them are immature.
The point is not to deny any adult a gun unless it is demonstrable that they are a threat, so we need to stop with this block legislation that says "oh, a few people under 21 killed some others so now the rest of you millions will have your rights denied for 3 years while we hope you don't get your hands on a gun from parents or the black market."

It's called a polemic. The same people insisting the purchasing age be raised to 21 would be against the birthing age be raised to 21 in spite of the fact that outcomes for the children of younger parents is worse.

high school children who cry real loud

I dont understand why it costs $400,000,000

Unconstitutional, you can't pick and choose what age above 18 applies to your god given rights.

It's unconstitutional even under the strictest interpretation of the Second Amendment.
law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
>The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.

SHALL

This, too vague, and could possibly be age discrimination, correct?

This

SHALL

Way too vague. It's going to be abused thoroughly, as local militia leaders are disarmed for being deemed crazy. "your government would never betray you, goy, you're schizophrenic"

> We keep putting more restrictions on people
> People stop taking responsibility for their own lives and circumstances (learned helplessness)
> We'd better respond by placing more restrictions on people

Fine, they can go to jail.
I didn't murder anyone or commit other crimes to stop me from owning a gun, so I will continue to do so and push for schools to let their teachers arm and train.
We used to have much more lax gun laws and way fewer school shootings, but then (((they))) had to go and fuck up the nuclear family and explode single motherhood and SSRI use, and now we have a disaster society that produces crazy people so they can ratchet the noose tighter around our freedoms.

Muh shall not be infringed
The guberment wont take my guns
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHH
Amerifats BTFO

>age to 21
literally unconstitutional, any judge that isn't a corrupt shitbag would strike this down

The plus side: it could have been much worse.
The negative side: it's still shit. And more than that, it shows that so called "2A Republicans" can buckle under pressure and lose their nerve. This basically opens the floodgates for future legislation, just creeping up year after year with a small new rule here and there.

The 2nd doesn't even strictly apply to the milita, it also mentions the people. This is like saying hate speech laws apply to people only over 21 or you have to be between 45 and 32 to have due process its fucking absurd to discriminate on age after being a full adult citizen.

>can sign up to die for Israel at 18
>but you shouldn't own a gun until 21
kill yourself bootlicker

NOT

>Shall
Will just be shot down by the SCOTUS

>vote at 18
>join the military at 18
>smoke at 19
>drink at 21
>buy a gun at 21
>rent a car at 25
Why can't we just pick one age as being an "adult" and level-set all the rights and privileges accordingly?

its literally the gayest thing in the entire universe

The program for school teachers won't happen. It is voluntary and subject to approval. So this was just a needless FUCK YOU to the 2nd Amendment. None of the measures helps prevent any of the shootings that have happened since the 90s.

Fuck them.

guns are the only thing on that list is an actual right
denying a 14 year old the right to buy a gun is a violation of the constitution

Looks like Georgia gun store long gun sales will be increasing. That since sales of long guns are allowed to nonresidents in most states.

>could have been much worse

Senpai I don't see how, short of them demanding we turn in guns or they start a civil war. Tbh that would be a glorious solution.

Instead, we get legislation that says the state is allowed to take our guns if we're deemed "a threat to ourselves or others". They now have full legal recourse to disarm citizens, and strip their 2A rights, all before due process.

To top it off, we have a nutless scotus that won't touch 2A cases.

No it won't, our scotus has no fucking balls. They won't touch 2A cases after heller vs DC.

Look at the Maryland state ban on like 81 make/models of semi automatic rifles, and the Supreme Courts refusal to take it.

>SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
*Infringes*

How do they keep getting away with this?

Because we the people have lost our bite, we're all bark.

>vote at 18
>join the military at 18
>smoke at 18
>drink at 21
>buy a long gun at 18
>buy a pistol at 21
>rent a car at 18
(renting a car under 25 is more expensive)

2 of these things arent like the other
2 of these things dont belong

everything should be 18

>tfw florida resident

All my friends are laughing at me, they all live in libshit states where they need gun licenses to buy firearms and I make fun of them, saying muhhh gunshine state, i can walk into walmart and buy an AR-15 and you can't.

Fuck this state.

>late stage capitalism
>overpopulation
>strip away all rights
>kill most people with forced vaccinations
>reboot the system

This.

Fuck the FL politicians who voted for this.

And Rick fucking Scott for not veto'ing it, literally getting bullied by fucking high schoolers.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST OUR FOUNDING FATHER'S WOULD HAVE KILLED ALL OF THESE KIDS WITH THEIR OWN PISTOLS AT DAWN. I'm so tilted for you Florida anons

I think it is good, and if passed will be held up in the courts arguing its constitutionality, thereby not legally implemented until resolved. Hopefully by then we get one or two more new justices in before it reaches the SCOTUS.

>get one or two new justices

They don't want to get Scalia'd

>Thoughts on Flordia's passed gun control bill?
>passed gun control bill
>passed

lol u mean Florida's new gun control LAW

Amendment XIV
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several states according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each state, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the executive and judicial officers of a state, or the members of the legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such state, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such state. Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Because it did not mandate the seizure of weapons. Nor is the law well defined, that is a part of what got Heller heard was broad definitions.

Dems aren't happy with it. They smell blood in the water

It doesn't matter if it's a seizure, it's an infringement. My point is, I have no faith the scotus will make the right call anymore.

Im surprised there's an age restriction on guns in the first place.

Is their anything in the Constitution about it?

Not so funny now, is it?

Hey, Florida!
Hey, Texas!

I don't hear you laughing as loud these days.

Maybe it'll start to sink in after a few more bills like this one. Maybe you'll hesitate to throw Cali conservatives out with the commies every fucking time, now that you're starting to scratch at the surface of what it's like to be one. Or you can continue to disparage millions of your allies and we can all hang separately.

Know your enemies: Communists.
Know the enemies of your enemies: California Conservatives.

children aren't full citizens kiwi.

Guns and voting are both part of the constitution.

eat shit. Leave your mexican breeding ground or shut the fuck up commifornian.

Death on swift wings for all traitors to the USA. The last half of your life is going to be fun for us... not so much for you.

the civil war took away the states' (and thus the people at large) ability to challenge the federal government. The feds have been on a power creep ever since, and now they control almost every aspect of our lives, and we are too prosperous and comfortable to rise up against all the bullshit. The US government hasn't given a fuck about the constitution since 1860

Yet the voting age is 18.

My favorite part of this is going to be the mental gymnastics that kike Ginsberg will have to go through to justify denying a constitutional right from an adult American.

Are guns part of the constitution or just arms? Who decides what is allowed to be covered by the 2nd amendment? Obviously in a country like the UK we have very little rights & a few parasites make the laws.

you are an adult at 18 yes whats your point?

I have my CC, so it doesn't apply to me

If you can vote when you're 18 then legally you can buy a gun at 18. Whatever happens the SCOTUS will just deem it unconstitutional

its generally understood to mean "small arms" though I can't think of a time when 18th century privateers were arrested for owning multiple cannonades.

And Dumbocrats want it lowered as well.

exactly, the kiwi was saying why people under 18 can't buy guns.

Idk, some dude comes home to his wife in bed with another man, tries to go buy a gun but can't get one for 3 days. By then he's calmed down or at least if he goes through with it it will be premeditated.

Florida GOP stabbed the people in the back.

Unconstitutional.

Rick Scott has no political future, as do most people who voted for this.

>long guns
>3% of gun crime
This will only affect whites

I'm strongly in favor of raising the voting age, and also requiring people to be married with positive tax contribution to vote, and under 65, and male, and white

So it would be nothing that the US military would not be able to handle if there was a mass uprising by the public? Not that they are strictly allowed to fight US citizens, but you know they would if a loony Dumbocrat got into power.

>Thoughts on Flordia's passed gun control bill?
not enough, obviously. next massacre will happen and the shooter will still be using an ar15 and killing scores of people. None of these new rules will change that.

Too irresponsible to own a firearm or drink, but responsible enough to vote or serve in the military.
America.

Sure if the goal of the military is to kill all its civilians. In a revolution the goverment is at a disadvantage beacause it can't use all the tanks and jets and nukes it has but if a para-military overtakes a base they can. If you've ever played a game called space station 13 you'll understand how having firepower means nothing if you can't strike first.

No they wouldn't, the Marines and soldiers are about as far right as you can get. They would sooner kill leftists than shoot citizens for them.

This!

Exactly!

Well yes (at this moment in time), however attitudes change over time & so do demographics. The western world is being socially engineered to be as if dystopian writers had been part of the policy making. Even right wing groups are falling for the policies somewhat - only the ultra hard left don't want globalism & (((diversity))). It is being hardwired by teachers into the young & year after year it is getting worse. And of course the globalists play the long game, they know it will come - even if it takes a few hundred years to achieve their end game of 1 world gov. People are waking up, but too many are just happy to live day to day (after all it is a small problem now compared to what is to come).

NRA has just filled a lawsuit against the State of Florida.