Kimi no Na wa

Just finished watching this for the first time in a movie theater. Can we have a discussion thread? It was bretty good.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i loved 5cm per second

>it was bretty good
No, it wasnt

It's an excellent film, for some reason i lowkey started to resent it because when it first came out everyone just watched it and liked it, it did everything i tried to do perfectly and there was nothing to complain about that actually matter.

I just started to nick pick shit like the time travel even though i was aware that the movie never strived of of that idea.

I just recently watched it again and realized I feed into that studio cynical cycle of hating on shit just because.

It's an excellent film, glad you liked it, and i hope it's overwhelming praise and success doesn't make you spiteful for no reason like it has done with a lot of shit posters on here.

Did we ever find out who that random girl in that montage of Itomori people was? There's a glasses guy whose a random kid who was ogling basketballer Mitsuha, but there's a girl carrying groceries who I assumed was the teacher from Garden of Words, but I've never been sure

Yeah, ignore the haters. Keit-ai was great.

It was good at manipulating the viewers' emotions, and was kinda enjoyable, but it is fucking way overrated.

...are you in Niterói?

has there ever been a more overrated anime?

It's in theaters everywhere here in Brazil.
So no.

still trying to find out what is the true personality of Taki

I liked it. I wish there was more like it.

>manipulating the viewers' emotions
This is such laughable bullshit.

Isn't the point of any show to invoke emotions?

Yeah, but calling it "manipulation" in a purely negative sense is idiotic. What actually went on was that the characters were well written; you became involved/engaged with them because of this; and then when something evocative happened on-screen you reacted accordingly.

;_;

The art direction and music was great, but the story seemed kinda meh overall aside from the twist. It's only notable for being the only Shinkai film with an okay plot, and I'd like to see Shinkai work with an even better story in the future.

Should I watch it in theater in the 17th?

The visuals are to be seen on the big screen, just pray that the rest will behave good.

interesting fact, this is the first 2D animated movie since treasure planet in 2002 to be screened in IMAX format.

Just bought the ticket. Glad I decided early, it was almost sold out.

It's definitely meant to be watched on the big screen.

A boy falls in love with a girl.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Finds a way

Already a thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
webtoons.com/en/challenge/keit-ai/list?title_no=36825
fictionpress.com/s/3206139/1/Keit-AI-Tomoyuki-x-Seiko-Keit愛-奉文-x-聖子

Eh, it's one of a better film of Shinkai but it's not that good. Well, at least he finally fuck-off from his usual 'much butthurt luv".

Pretty shitty and waste of time to me.

Are you fags from HUEzil?
How were the subs?
I actually considered paying the overpriced ticket and coping with the retarded casuals in the theater but then I remembered Portuguese fansubs are fucking terrible.

Yes, I am.
I don't know yet, I bought my ticket to watch it on the 17th, I hope the subs are decent. Anyway I've already seen it at home, so I'm going more for the visuals on the big screen.

Where the fuck is my cheetus?

As a Japanese speaker the subs were almost perfect, just a few little things that could've been better here and there.

Hue here, watched it last night. The subs are mostly alright, just the use of honorifics gets a little weird at times.

At the moment I'm fucking in love whit this movie. I like Makoto Shinkai's movies a lot but this one is by far my favorite one.

>memeing a copypasta into a best-selling anime and a Hollywood adaptation

we did it, mad lads!

>waitress girl is better than the MC girl
What did they mean by this

I kinda wished they would have dived deeper into that girl who confessed to Mitsuha, like what did Taki do to get her attention.

Miki was kind of boring.

I still don't understand why Mitsuha has way more favorites on MAL when she was only entertaining when Taki was in her vagina.

You bring up an interesting point, my favorite Mitsuha scenes are actually when Taki is in her shoes. But I still like her a lot during the third act when she's trying to save the town after meeting with Taki.

yeah this movie was just a shitty bootleg of 5cm

the only part that was similar to 5cm per second was the sequence at the end and even that ended completely different.

Never heard of it.

It was alright

Terrible taste.

>ctrl+f "Koe no Katachi"
>0 results
Sup Forums...

It was your typical Shinkai movie: gorgeous visuals with a sappy love story. The first half was genuinely entertaining and great and I wish we got more body swap antics. The second half was less entertaining but it still nearly brought me to tears because it turned me into a faggot who cries at movies. And I felt happy at the end because I just want them to settle down, get married and have so many children they reverse Japan's low birth rate. But it's still sappy and god alive at the plot holes. 6-7/10

We don't talk about inferior movies here.

Apples and oranges, they're both good.

I watched it and felt absolutely nothing. Usually i'm pretty vulnerable to this type of sappy stuff but maybe because the actual buildup in their relationships was barely shown i couldn't really get interested in either of them so their struggle ultimately felt hollow and a few retarded plot holes like forgetting about a meteor that wiped out an entire fucking town didn't really do it justice. And i remember that 5 cm/s hit me way harder all those years ago. On top of that it feels like Shinkai is really limited in terms of themes he dares approach.

I genuinely think this whole movie was a subtle commentary on how dumb Japanese MC's are and how boring & shallow their love interests are as well.
The kicker being that people eat it up anyways as "OMG THE BEST LOVE STORY EVER TOLD!!!"

I mean jesus fucking christ, Taki had a solid 9/10 who was more than a pretty face easily given to him and he had to go and fuck it all up for someone he BARELY KNEW aside from texts.

What am I looking at here?

Real-life locations of the Taki's school desu.

The Tokyo school where Taki goes to.

IMHO it was shit. Like every Makoto Shinkai movie except Garden of Words. That movie was a 45 minute masterpiece. But everything else Shinkai was shit (not animationwise though)

Am I the only one that wants to fuck Mitsuha while she's in Taki's body? I mean, that wouldn't be gay, right?

Personally I'd rather fuck Taki in Mitsuha's body.
PRIME breeding material to drain your balls in right there.

He had a much more involved relationship with her than waitress girl.

Why not Taki in Mitsuha's body? Boys are better at sucking cocks, and he'd have girl lips and hands.

This looks like something straight out of Mirror's Edge, I want to see it someday, wew.

How!? He only knew her through the dream-like body swaps and their texts to each other. They had absolutely no personal face to face interaction with each other before they epilogue.
At least he worked with Miki, went on a date with her, and even became her friend.

>zero personality
>better

It was average, a 7/10

>there will never be a Mitsuha in your life who is willing to cross her comfort zone and search endlessly to meet you just to confirm each other's feelings

Or perhaps it's the other way around where you need to be the Mitsuha looking for your Taki. Either way.

>ywn wake up in the body of a girl

Still sad we couldn't see her panties in that scene

Overrated is the right word.

It's just hollow pretty pictures.

all anime is just pretty pictures

all those masterpieces of film and paintings are just pretty pictures

the most beautiful song you've heard in your life is just artificial noises

>the most beautiful song you've heard in your life is just artificial noises
Then what do real noises sound like?

>a shitty bootleg of 5cm
>not a shitty bootleg of Beyond the clouds
at least put some effort in your bait

wew, thread's still up.
Reason why I was concerned with the QUALITY translation was because all of the trailers Cinemark launched on shitbook were clearly ripped from bad fansubs. I've already watched both nii-sama and okay's releases but my autism would certainly trigger if they were bad.
Guess I'll try to find a ticket, then.