Megaman Battle Network

Let's have a comfy thread discussing how much the anime sucks and the manga is better.

Why is Rockman so powerful for being a default unit?

Abnormally high Navi memory capacity from accommodating Hub's DNA data enables Rock to load other Navi data on top of his own, plus the whole Hub.bat emergency subroutine.

Or we could discuss how both of them pale compared to the games.
But I guess this really isn't the board for that.

fuck the manga and anime, the gameboy games is where it's at

These anons get it

We could focus on that, but then the thread would be deleted, so I suggest keeping the topic anime/manga related.

>A) Talk about the game, possibly be deleted but probably not since we do this every so often anyway.

>B) Talk about the anime/manga only except not because nobody cares about those, thread dies.

I dunno user, I'd rather just talk about how Mayl is best girl and deserved to win the Local Area Network. The date scene in MMBN4 was the only real reason to play the game.

>>B) Talk about the anime/manga only except not because nobody cares about those, thread dies.

That's rude man, I still care.

>Mayl is best girl

She's tied with Iris.

I wish Mayl had some actual point in the plot a lot of times besides just stand around and give Lan a Roll megachip or get kidnapped. She's still good though.

I'm sorry I can't hear you over my Silver Bullet combo in BN 4-6 or PA combos in 2-3. The games were too damn easy

Maybe it's because I was in middle school back then, but I really liked the anime. I still remember the program advance and using it in the game. It was great.

>finally a battle network thread and its this dead

I hate neo-Sup Forums so much.

I like the suprise of megaman being mc's brother haven't played 2 yet.

>haven't played 2 yet.
What the fuck are you doing, get on that shit pronto. 2 is a really good entry.

are 3 and 4 good?

6>3>5>2>1>4

3 is very good, one of the best. Go with Blue, FldrBack breaks the game. 4 is the weakest entry in the main series, it's almost entirely disconnected tournament arcs with slight story in between, and you have to do it multiple times. Choose whichever if you're gonna play it.

Where do the Star Force games fit in? They are basically the same shit

>Blue
No no, do Black

>You have to do 4 multiple times
I'm upset that time looping wasn't somehow the plot twist and they I played it three times for no reason.

Star Force happens like 200 years after Battle Network and is bad.

Incest.

>Star Force happens like 200 years after Battle Network and is bad.
Wow rude. Star Force is different, but still good. 2 not so much though.

I only played the first one for like 10 mins but I only got interested cause of the anime I loved the design and the SC president seemed pretty interesting.
>200 years after Battle Network and is bad., huh their setting isn't that different though what the fuck? they only added aliens

>>You have to do 4 multiple times
>I'm upset that time looping wasn't somehow the plot twist and they I played it three times for no reason.
oh god no im already dreading it

I only played 1 and didn't want to buy any of the other ones. I don't like it for a few reasons:

1) Abandoning Navi all together was lame. I get that each series moves on -- X abandoned robomasters and started using reploids; Zero abandoned that; then ZS had biometals. But going from internet programs to aliens was some hefty bullshit.

2) The MC is an edgelord and the "megaman" wasn't even megaman and wasn't likeable. In fact this is basically the only series that megaman simply does not appear in (except for some non-canon side-quest). Again though I only played 1 so maybe he does come up eventually.

3) You're stuck in the back row. Turning the 3x3 fighting area of BN into 3d was a mistake, your area is 3x3 but you're stuck in the 1x3 at the back. Also the textures are grainy.

4) No PAs, chips aren't fun to use.

5) The story wasn't that good. Aliens from Andromeda (they would have to have been traveling for two and a half million years. They took the worst part of BN -- Duo -- and made it into an entire series).

I like to pretend that it's a time loop and come up with proof for it. It makes me feel like Game Theory because I'm trying to assert head canon as hidden truth.

so is the difference the internet and dr light getting laid?

Did you, uh, even play the game? Almost everything you just said about SF1 is incorrect.

>Abandoning Navi all together was lame.
Yes, this was lame, but they're still in SF1 to a limited extent and it's been 200 years. By 3 people have basically synthetically engineered artificial EM Wave entities to act like Navis were for people who don't have an alien partner.

>The MC is an edgelord and the "megaman" wasn't even megaman and wasn't likeable.
Because that's what he starts out as, and grows out of this during the course of the game through the connections with his friends. His character develops.
>and the "megaman" wasn't even megaman and wasn't likeable. In fact this is basically the only series that megaman simply does not appear in
What are you even talking about here? Not Megaman? Of course he's Megaman, he's Megaman every time you transform. This is like complaining that X isn't the original Megaman.

>You're stuck in the back row. Turning the 3x3 fighting area of BN into 3d was a mistake, your area is 3x3 but you're stuck in the 1x3 at the back.
Entirely a non-issue. Even in the tutorial it instructs you how to lock on and quickjump to enemies to use close-range weapons, and you're given a shield for stuff you can't dodge.

>No PAs, chips aren't fun to use.
There are Galaxy Advances in SF3, and the cards are fine cause most of them are one or two hit kills anyway. Especially combos like ice+break chains in SF1, and you can combine long hits into a single expendable card to use like a Giga Card.

>Aliens from Andromeda
user, they were from Planet FM, an indeterminate distance away in the Milky Way galaxy. Andromeda is the name of their planet-eating war machine, the final boss. And the plot is about trust and bonds, which multiple characters struggle with throughout the game and eventually grow from. It's fine.

In the top line Dr Light decides to focus on the internet, in the bottom line he decides to work on physical robots. In both lines Wily gets jealous and works on the same thing, except in BN6 he decides to dabble in actual robots

>X isn't the original Megaman
There's ongoing debate about this. And even if he isn't, X is present through ZX. For the most part, Megaman stays as a character throughout the series.

>PAs in SF3
I only played 1 and from what I hear 2 isn't good either.

>The plot is about trust and bonds
The plot is about aliens, the conflicts between characters are about trust and bonds. Except the aliens who are just kinda there for some reason.

>Being stuck in the back row of the 3x3 is entire a non-issue.
No, it's shit. Don't say half of the arena is "our area" if we can't even explore it while the enemies can explore their area.

are there naked boys in the manga?

i loved how the beyblade manga showed tyson's dick and made him pretty fuckable.

>There's ongoing debate about this.
That's so stupid is makes my brain hurt. How is that even up for debate?
>And even if he isn't, X is present through ZX
Hardly. He's long since died in the Zero series and is only present as an echo through the Model X Biometal. In this same vein both Lan and Megaman.exe are still present in Star Force because they pioneered the Brotherband system all the protagonists use to get power and form friendships.

>The plot is about aliens, the conflicts between characters are about trust and bonds. Except the aliens who are just kinda there for some reason.
These are one and the same. The aliens don't trust the humans. The aliens don't trust each other. This is why they're invading. Your partner has kind of a wary trust in you until the end of the game where he reveals what he did to the MC's dad. You defeat the aliens by putting your trust in their leader after the final boss is dead. Trust and bonds are central to the entire theme of Star Force, which is part of why SF2 is so stupid. That and no space theme.

>No, it's shit. Don't say half of the arena is "our area"
You don't get "half the arena", that's Battle Network thinking. You get 3 squares to sidestep and the entire rest of the arena to jump to instantly whenever you press down on the D-pad.

Starforce 3 best

>and is bad

I played the first two and thought both were on par with the BN games