>"If you kill him, you'll be just like him!"

>murder is okay, guys
>just shoot the people who have wronged you
>who needs a functional society?

>wanting to be ruled by a dumb nigger who can't compose himself

>"If you kill him, he will win"

I'll die?

>villans shouldnt receive the punishment they deserve

You seem to be lacking in your reading comprehension.

Yeah bruv,let's have the villan escape almost garanteed instead. At least we can be proud moralfag this way ;).

Don't use emoticons on Sup Forums.

why :^)

Anyone who as wronged me is a villian and deserves to be shot.

>he killed innocent people but don't kill him though
>we should let him live so he can kill more people

JAPANESE WRITING IS FUCKING RETARDED

>"If he wins best girl, kill him"

It worked in Se7en

He had already won, him getting killed was just the cherry on top.

>JAPANESE WRITING IS FUCKING RETARDED
>what's Batman

>If you kill him you'll be just like him
>But I didn't murder thousands of innocents

Depends on the context but not everyone's as noble as you think they should be, user.

>>But I didn't murder thousands of innocents
But he did though.

Man, these people always treat murder like having a cookie, you can't stop at just one.

If you kill someone, you won't be just like him. He'll be nothing. He'll be dead, and you'll be alive. The only way to be ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN someone is no longer a problem is to kill him.

I mean, look at Osama. If he was alive, we'd always be afraid he would escape. Dead, he's old news.

*blocks your path*

No, in this case it was more "You can't let yourself be ruled by your anger and desire for personal vengeance if you want to rule a country properly"

The other characters were willing to kill Envy themselves but Mustang needed to understand that you do things for the proper reason.

The problem is not dead or alive. The problem is the law and the constitution. You are no judge, and you are no executioner either. There is a reason why we have separated the victim from the legal punishment. It's to protect the order and the people.
What's so difficult about bringing somebody to the police after catching him?
No one is saying you can't use potentially lethal force in a fight. But once he's in your power, you have no real excuse.
>I mean, look at Osama.
Yeah, look what's left of the American constitution, or of international law.
America is now killing random people in countries the USA are not at war with.
The president also has the power to kill any American at any time without anyone ever being able to question in him on that because the information on how he found out they are "terrorists" is top secret.
Well done.

> The president also has the power to kill any American at any time without anyone ever being able to question in him on that because the information on how he found out they are "terrorists" is top secret.

But the President has ALWAYS been able to do that. And if someone's a suspected terrorist, what do I care? I'm the whitest man you'll ever see.

If dropping a hellfire missile on someone makes me safer, I say go for it.

>But the President has ALWAYS been able to do that.
Not legally. If he'd been found out, he'd have gotten into serious trouble.
> a suspected terrorist,
But that's the question, isn't it? Who's to say they won't kill political enemies too?

But I'm American. Political enemies are my enemies. See, I always root for the home team, because I don't really have a choice: It's always Us versus Them.

>If dropping a hellfire missile on someone makes me safer,
Yeah, it's sure not making the USA less popular and providing the best publicity for any anti-America terrorist organization.
No, man. Killing innocent people would never backfire like that.

>But I'm American.
America used to be English. Was your family on the British side of the independence war?

ffs at least take the context

>wanting to be ruled by a moralistic cuck who can't take out the trash

your right...
to beat the terrorists, stop fighting the terrorists....
its so simple...

>wanting to be ruled

Don't stop fighting them. But fight them smarter. Don't antagonize everybody. Antagonize your enemies.

Hate those cliche lines. It would be okay if it were against an unarmed no name thief, but when you're dealing with a unreedemable villain who gets his sick kicks from killing thousands of innocents and shows no intention of stopping anytime soon it is going full retarded to not kill the guy who most likely also killed a few of your friends and odds are that he would get out of prison in no time. Using murrican capeshit as example, they would've prevented a lot of deaths if only somebody had the balls to murder the joker.

Drives me crazy. I love it when things show all the self-destructive parts of revenge, but god damn don't preach to me about how killing is ALWAYS wrong or something equally insane.

It's at its worst when the person at the other end of the barrel is obviously a monster. Like if you were pointing a gun at Jack the Ripper after he gutted a hooker, or some clearly irredeemable fantasy mega-hitler, "Don't kill him, you'll be just like him!" is just stupid. You're not going to start enacting genocide for your ideals or gutting people for fun just because you could do the law's job better than the law could one time. If you want me to view the villain as someone deserving of mercy, then don't have him go around burning villages and killing entire families while giving absolutely zero fucks.

Was so glad when that 18if episode aired last season.

>you could do the law's job better than the law
But you didn't. You broke the law.
Putting the guy in front of a trial is doing the law's job. He would have been sentenced to death anyway.
>you want me to view the villain as someone deserving of mercy
Not the point.

But the law is bullshit.

The law's job is to protect the public. If it can't protect the public by removing a dangerous person from society and someone else does it, then that person did their job for them.

Then why are you even angry that he killed the prostitutes?

I don't like his face.

>The law's job is to protect the public.
When people stop trusting the legal system and go enforce their own laws, society sinks into chaos.

On mass, sure. But when the legal system is too incompetent to catch a gangster or is bribed to ignore or even protect a mafia, chaos will reign anyway.

Childhood is admiring Batman.

Adulthood is realizing The Punisher makes more sense.

So what's stopping you from handing that criminal over to the courts?

This assumes that the judges are not so corrupt they are unable to declare an obvious criminal guilty.

I've said the line from that pic several times. Where is it from?

You.

No really, is it from a novel or somewhere? I refuse to believe I said something that makes sense.

Always fucking hated this trope. It's always in relation to some sociopathic mass murderer who is several miles past the point of no return. Anyone with half a brain would know they are going to right back to their shenanigans when they get the chance.

The moral high ground doesn't mean shit when you condemn innocent loves by willingly letting an irredeemable killer go free. See Superman and Batman.

You are not making sense.

Well while it is certainly a very grey area and every ones morals are different in a way people could never agree on, but your country may not punish a murderer or rapist in a way that you find acceptable. Japan actually a pretty good example there and probably why this "murder is always wrong" thing is something we run into a lot. A lot of truly horrible people have gotten off with sentences that elsewhere are assigned to okay people who had a momentary lapse in judgement or were severely lacking in options.

And as you point out, they might get away anyway due to corruption or flaws in the legal system. A common gangster? Probably not, unless maybe all you have is your single account of witnessing their crimes. But someone big, with money? Do you want to take the chance that Scarface 2.0 could get away, either from you or the legal system?

Then there's also war crimes that were committed and people who escaped punishment for them, due to their country not viewing it as a crime or being unwilling to be harsh on their own soldiers. Or if you're valuable to another country you can just move and be protected by their government.

And then there's also how in a fantasy setting there might not even be a reasonable way to try someone in court. The big bad might be too powerful to reasonably contain in a cell without giving him a fate that could arguable be as bad or worse than death, if that is even possible in the setting.

>your country may not punish a murderer or rapist in a way that you find acceptable.
And so your solution is that everybody should enforce their own punishments before the courts have even come to a verdict and before a less-biased investigation has determined he's actually guilty?
>Do you want to take the chance that Scarface 2.0 could get away,
If the courts don't do their job because of obvious corruption, you have my blessing to go after him.
>Then there's also war crimes that were committed
I think this point deserves a discussion all on its own.
>a fantasy setting there might not even be a reasonable way to try someone in court.
That would be a rather strange and shallow setting. But yeah, where there is no legal authority or access to it is barred, you have to go for the next best thing.

or your government is promoting crime to emphasize its necessity
>venezuela

Hey. Post best girl.

I wonder what would happen if Legato got killed by something that could make you feel an endless experience of deaths like GER. Would he be broken ?

Horrible example.

He'd be dead.

>And so your solution is that everybody should enforce their own punishments before the courts have even come to a verdict and before a less-biased investigation has determined he's actually guilty?
If a character has enough of a desire to do the whole rampage of revenge thing, they're probably quite certain of their target's guilt. If not, sure, they fucked up and what they are doing is wrong.

>If the courts don't do their job because of obvious corruption, you have my blessing to go after him.
The problem is, not to get even edgier, but we actually live in a world where that happens. And it's hard to even know how often it happens because unless you're talking drug cartels it's probably happening behind closed doors. Someone who makes it that far probably has connections, and won't be wearing them on their sleeve.

>That would be a rather strange and shallow setting.
I was referring more to how a lot of big bads are powerful wizards or demons or something crazy. Like it would be really hard to subdue and try the villain in Chaika, or Kirei, Kyuubey, any vampire in Shiki, any Jojo villain, Artorius, etc.

>modern society not being built upon the suffering and deaths of thousands to reach that point

>He had already won
No he hadn't, Doe hadn't been punished for his envy yet.
He won the minute Mills shot him.

Not the best example because Riza explicitly said she was going to kill him. She just didn't want Roy to do it while he was going full edgelord.

>If a character has enough of a desire to do the whole rampage of revenge thing, they're probably quite certain of their target's guilt.
Personal certainty has little to do with objective certainty.
>we actually live in a world where that happens
I know. It's not just the courts either. But what will you do?

I think you missed the point.

>makes me safer
So you're saying you're okay with exchanging your liberty for safety?
Are you a fucking idiot?

Nothing wrong with murdering some asshole when you know he's pretty much hitler and it is 100% guaranteed he will buy his freedom with his blood money or with his minions staging a jailbreak anyways.

>waifu died
>revenge
>revenge
>waifu turned out to be alive
>"hey guys revenge is bad, we should try to coexists. How about the other people who died or the kids that got orphaned? Who cares. Love and peaceee."

I feel like throwing my controller to the screen everytime this faggot preaches his moral.

This isn't Sup Forums material.

He killed insurgents, not non-rebelling civilians. Everyone he killed had the attention of shooting him back in Ishval.

So, how many confirmed kills do you have OP

You mean Lan Fan, right?

>We will never get a series where instead of killing or not killing the nihilistic mass murderer, the protagonist mindrape and implements fear on him using some kind of sorcery until he finally broke and beg for mercy.

>never

Depends on if you think kyuubey was a mass murderer or not.

Terry Pratchett had one of his protagonists use magic to show the villain just how evil she was.
plot twist
It didn't have any effect because she was so evil that she didn't care.

My youngest brother walked in while I was watching this scene and he asked me why I was watching two autistic children fighting over a frog.

Its one of the more annoying shounen tropes, but in this manga and particular scene
It's ok to kill for survival, it's gray area to kill in the line of duty, and it's not ok to kill already helpless creature out of hate.
Had Roy kill him during combat, this scene won't happen, but we need a bit more drama to close hughes and envy death.

Not to mention, this manga intentionally muddled that "line of duty" with showing that line of duty is performing genocide and experimenting on alchemy function in warfare by performing it to a acceptable target/human.
But in the same time showing characters like Kimblee and Olivia Armstrong that goes "you are a soldier, killing enemy is your job"

I hate this cliche. At some point, some villians ARE IRREDEEMABLE TO BE KILLED.

Literally my life

Maybe not exactly what you said but the Sinning Tree is close

Superman and Batman don't let irredeemable killers go free, they deliver them to the authorities who condemn them to rot in prison for all eternity. It's only due to shit-tier writing and complete lack of creativity that these people ever see the light of day again.

>all the edgy brainlets in the thread
I seriously hope you're all underage.

Reminder that the point of this scene wasnt that Envy shouldn't be killed, it's that Mustang was acting in a way that didn't suit a leader of men. Everyone wanted him to cool down and let someone else finish Envy off.

>anyone
>"deserving" punishments

What a childish conception of morality.

Moral relativism is brain cancer, you should cure it with a bullet.

They were going to kill him anyway. The point was to not let yourself be consumed by rage. Soldiers are not expected to behave like sadistic murderers. Mustang was going down a dangerous path and she didn't want him to continue. It wouldn't make sense to feel like it's going when you use lethal force to stop murders if you yourself choose to become a murderer.

This is a pretty easy cliche to understand and its theme is very obvious in the context of FMA. You don't want to send soldiers into war and have them return as murderers, you want them to go into battle and return as normal people who can still live normally. That's why the Ishbal war was traumatizing and that's also the whole point of that one Alchemist who's in prison at the start but starts working for the homunculi at the end.

the only ones deserving punishment are druggies

Didn't this happen word for word in that one episode of Season 0 Yugioh with that Shadow Game with that murderer?

What he says doesn't imply moral relativism faggot.

But they were going to kill him anyway.
I think you're just retarded.

Is preventing deaths really a good thing?

Wasn't that Identity Crisis with DC?

Post Riza

Yes.

You can never be truly you unless you kill yourself.

Forever best girl.

Why do the people who complain about this don't understand that the point of this cliche is to same the person who's about to do the killing and not about the person who's about to get killed? Did any of you even see the scene in OP's pic?

Childhood is admiring Batman.
Puberty is thinking the Punisher makes more sense.
Adulthood is realizing that comic books knowledge is too dumb to be applied to real life.

More

Kinda like what Itachi did to Kabuto