Pre-2000s Anime Thread

Keeping up with current anime is cool and all, but don't forget, their are plenty of great older gems waiting to be discovered!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9YT6O7veIpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guess I'll start the thread then. Started watching the old Mahoujin Guruguru and it's been pretty swell so far. Any know how the newer compares?

Dunbine has been pretty good. It has a surprisingly amount of pillaging and castle raiding to no dragons at all.

May have to continue Berserk soon, but got so much else to see too.

Outlanders was fun, but I wouldn't call it a gem

Shounan Jun`ai-gumi, prequel to GTO, main characters are Eikichi Onizuka and Ryuji Danma, it follows the Onizuka high-school/Onibaku phase, it's kind of fun but most of the time I found it boring, desu. It gives you the background of some characters that stills appears on GTO (Such as Saejima, Kadena Nao, etc) but sadly this doesn't have any real resemblance on GTO, for explame with Nagase Nagisa which is a total differnt character on GTO, or Kadena Nao, who was Onizuka teacher (and for some reason Onizuka doesn't seem to remember her).
To be quite honest the most interesting arc here it's the Ryuji girlfriends Nagisa Nagase.

Forgot to say, it also has some decent fights.

>3DPD

Member when animu backgrounds were great and didnt relly on filters and bloom that make it look sterile?

The old one had good pacing for one thing, the newer one is written like its on crack for an 11 minute modern cartoon episode.

>the newer one is written like its on crack for an 11 minute modern cartoon episode
That's what I hate about the new one, it feels like it runs at the breakneck speed of some American sitcom and it's just tiresome to watch. Maybe I'll try the old one instead.

Kero-chan is a miracle

Just watched Memories.

Magnetic Rose: 10/10
Stink Bomb: 9/10
Cannon Fodder: 8/10

Friendly reminder that all of the episodes are encoded/timed/TLed and Orphan-Subs just needs a translation checker to release the rest of the series. collectr blogspot

Also just recently watched all of Taku Furukawa's shorts.
I'd highly recommend:

Coffee Break
Comix
Speed
New York Trip
Tori
Phenakistoscope
Head Spoon

Does anyone else watch a show solely because it has great looking BDs?

Finished watching Maze Bakunetsu Jikuu, anime was decent until the last arc with the incest plot, that put the score from decent to good for me.

>anime I wanna watch only has either Spanish or Portuguese subs
youtube.com/watch?v=9YT6O7veIpE

Fucking forgot about this. Thanks for the update.

The old one had a lot of filler (for example those Gail&Ena gags) and post 31 goest anime original.
Doki Doki Densetsu (season 2) that adapts 3 new arcs but is still unfinished (also subtitles sucks).

I'd recommend watch the remake and then if you want to see more take a look at the rest.

>Watching Tenshi no Konamiki
>Suddenly fansub's random note.
>"Love Hina moment (^_^)"

Why did old fansubs always do that?

any upcoming bd releases?

metal heroes is slowly getting subbed
years ago we had shit

They were still animating real shoujo manga back then.

Gotta get subs for this but plan to watch it soon

Wait a fucking minute this is 2002. Disregard

Thanks friend.