Best protagonists

Protagonists that will do morally questionable things to achieve what they want.

Uh what would you consider morally questionable when talking about goblin slayer

Light isn't morally questionable he's a full blown villain.

Goblin guy isn't morally questionable he's good

Killing children?
Light was trying to get rid of crime in the world by becoming a villain himself

Killing gonlins isn't morally questionable.

Exterminating races that are inherently violent and belligerent towards mankind, with no chance for benevolent coexistence, is not morally questionable.
Source: Ender quintet

What did he mean by this

You've been attacked by a wild dog and you decided to kill it.
However, you find her puppies near by, do you kill them too?

They are closer to rats than dogs. Giant murderer rats who rape girls and breed quickly. They are better dead.

>intelligent beings
>not able to raise them to fit society

Who's the one with black hair?

Lelouch vi Britannia

You gotta smite ALL the evil, son.

let me guess, refugees welcome?

fuck that noise.
Teens and up are beyond saving

Not anymore

What children? Those are goblins.

I love jerks

Should have been first post

>Killing Gobs
>Morally questionable
What?

lmao fuck Miura

in b4 Shinji

No, that is just pragmatism. First of all you might want to judge the worth of a race. For instance humans have a large impact on the world and basically enslaves it. As a species we produce nothing that is of value the the rest of nature that other creatures couldn't produce. As such we are more of a blight on the world than we are a boon. From the perspective of cattle, we are monsters.
Non of that matters though as it doesn't decide whether something is moral or not.
The goblins however as you mentioned, so far seem to be strictly a parasitic race. If left to their own devices with no natural predators to keep them in check, one wonders what might happen to the world if humans weren't there to keep their numbers from exploding.
No he is. He admits it himself. The chance is slim, like 1 in a billion, but among all those goblin children he kills, there might be a single one that could actually be good. But Goblin Slayer kills all of them because of pragmatism and because it isn't feasible to test every single goblin child if it was good or not. So his action is the correct one, the only problem is that his decision to kill creatures are not based on their crimes, but rather the possible crimes that they might conduct in the future.

Bottom right is an evil man denying the readers good rape.

>Morally questionable thing
>Ainz
His action is justice. Neia agreed with me.

This nigga would be a villain if the story wasn't from his viewpoint

Ains is cancer.

He is literally an illegal alien that is fucking shit up, enslaving the native population, murdering and eating their children while laughing about it.

You got it wrong. It the illegal world appearing around his base.

Ainz is a shitter that use premium stuff bought with real money.

Motherfucker took his damn time.
Had he manned up sooner a lot of unecessary killings would have been avoided.

You take one of them to groom into a fine splendid person, the gob will do it because at the time, if he do not do what he was told, he will be dead.

The gob will learn human knowledge. Learn human language. Learn to talk and be friends with humans. He got your trust and be elected as a "bridge" between goblins and humans. He goes on, connecting with outside goblins, doing what you thought as "preaching about the goodness of peace between humans and goblins".

A festival was held by the king, following the wisdom of a close advisor, celebrating the peace humans and goblins. The one day where the gates was opened, the weapons are lowered and the guard drunk on wine. Birds sing, wine flows like a river and humans and goblins dancing in the courtyard, merrily. You smile, drink your wine. Your eyes felt heavy, and you took a nap.

You heard shouting. You smell gunpowder in the air. You open your eyes. You see a scene of carnage before you. The city was burning everywhere. There were corpses left and right. You feel..sick to your stomach. You tried to stand up, but your body just won't follow your command.

Someone came. It was the original goblin, trying to help you stand up. "We are being attacked", he said. "You need to get out off here.". You followed his advice without a doubt. You thanked him for his assistance. "No sir, I'm the one that should be thanking you". You felt a sharp blade on your back. You fell to you knees while choking in blood.

He told you his master plan, about the advisor wanted to be king, and the gob struck a deal with him. He knows the humans is greedy creatures. He promised the advisor that he will help the advisor's rebellion. He does at first, but after the loyal army was decimated by united rebels and goblin army, he orders the goblins quickly aims their bows and starves to the rebels. In a quick strike, almost all of the human army has been decimated.

He reveals his long, hard dick, and began fucking you.

Look at this moral fag

>Light was trying to get rid of crime in the world by becoming a villain himself
Yeah and the problem is that this was in the first volume but he never evolved or had any dilemma. He's like Lelouch, good idea but underwritten.

>goblins
>children

Pick one.

Pretty sure he can beat you with his augmented body.

>Killing chaotic evil rape kids
>Kids that will stab you in the back if you spare them
>Kids that will grown stronger to get revenge for their clan destruction
>Morally wrong
Nigga, what?

Even D44M, a demon fell in love with the Slayer and made him his armor.

>you are a moralfag because you point out that Ains is a jihadist
Go be an edgefag some where else

coming through

>Fell in love
Don't speak bullshit, they never said exactly why it helped Doomguy other than "loyal to his cause".

>ainz jihadist
>pedo gif
the degenerate is (you)

>loyal to his cause
>was a she
I'd count that as love

picked up

>Best protagonists
>proceeds to post blank slate MCs that have less personality than most video game protags
What did he mean by this?

This guy right here.

Why don't contribute then?

Who dis?

GS-fags really need to be euthanized.

Kamijou "punching bitches and the handicap" Touma.

Ah. Like the character but his anime is shit

Humaru is a fucking parasite

But he has a good reason to not evolve. His school taught him to never question the rules, instead of always questioning himself. He understood the first was wrong, but barely pondered on the second. The anime even starts off with him explaining how no one says what they really think in public. Without a close person with an open mind to challenge his ideas, and being as arrogant and independent as he is, he has no reason to change. With "no discussion" culture, he ended up only being surrounded by followers and a Death God.

That was a conscious decision of the writers though, as it justifies him challenging L instead of remaining anonymous (which was easy as fuck, he literally had the perfect murder weapon. No clues left behind), making the show about cool strategies instead of political discussions, which is much better for sales. Still, the anime has many scenes showcasing how society was still corrupt despite the stats saying most crime was gone. Kira could only kill, not change, once he was gone things return to normal.

>She
"...wrench that will not be named, but in HIS herecy..."

desu I think Light was fully capable of questioning himself and knew his faults but didn't care. I don't think we're supposed to take Light as being 100% sincere in his world-betterment motive.

I can see that user POV nothing wrong with that.

Are you twelve?

Yes, I'm twelve. You must be Mr. Sup Forums. Nice to meet you.

>will do morally questionable things to achieve what they want
That's just a villain.

>if you kill him, you are just bad as him meme

Good fanfic, but if the goblin is so intelligent he would realize that the nice life he has thanks to humans is way better than the gutter they used to live in. Even if the goblin did all of that, he wouldn't be worse than humans, merely at the same level.

Hmm, I just thought he went insane, since he literally becomes another person once he loses the memories of being Kira. It's easy turning insane when you get so much power and has no habit of talking to others sincerely. Is there any evidence suggesting he just doesn't give a shit?

Why doesn't he rape them until they're too mindbroken?

> Yes, I'm twelve.
Look out for those CIA snipers.

ainz - goes on autistic rage spree when angered
lelouch - pussy that bails out when he's near his goal
light - turns into a total bitch when faced with a gun
GS - the hero we need but don't appreciate

He never evolved because that was not the point of Death Note. The authors never tried to do deep commentary, it was just a pair of deeply egotistical eccentrics fighting each other with wits instead of ki blasts. And, like in any other fighting shonen, their fights became more and more ridiculous and hard to believe as time passed.

>killing a bad guy is morally questionable
No, you retard.

>pussy that bails out when he's near his goal
What? When? The only time he came near his goal was when he achieved it.

Wish more people would read this.

OP said "do morally questionable things to achieve what I want". If what I want is an ice cream and I stole it, or your sister's pussy and I rape her, then I'm a villain. If at least they have an objective we can respect, and they ponder the benefit of achieving it vs the cost of the evil committed, then we're talking, but OP didn't say that. Doing whatever you want without giving a fuck about morals is just villainy.

I would have been fine with him if he really was some skeleton who worked and planned for his shit for a long time.

picked up 4 u

Panel looks cool, I'll do a quick read of first few chapters in a few minutes.

It may not be entirely conscious on his part at the beginning, but it should be apparent to a viewer that he's an egotistical ass from the beginning. A person genuinely concerned with world-betterment wouldn't have used the death note in the first place, at least not so willingly and broadly, and especially would not broadcast himself as God. You could call it lack of perspective but Light's not an idiot, and his attitude about the whole enterprise is clear from the start.

>the authors never tried to do deep commentary

Why do you think that?

>Even if the goblin did all of that, he wouldn't be worse than humans, merely at the same level

Tolkien orcs have a chance of redemption unlike GS goblins designed evil by the gods themselves.

>not embracing moralfaggotry

>embrace moralfaggotry
>spend 50 chapters angsting about how hard moralfaggotry is even though it hasn't actually caused anything bad to happen
Fuck Thorfinn.

Where's this from please Sup Forums?

Tokyo Kushu?

That is not the MC.

Don't fucking read Tokyo Ghoul. It's better to eat shit than to read or watch Tokyo Ghoul

He just wants to be the strongest under the heavens.

Well, his friends were kidnapped because he didn't fight Garm, and at least one person died on that island before Jomsborg that wouldn't have if he'd fought the pursuing Jomsvikings on the sea or joined up with Thorkell in Jelling.

But really, the journey to Greece has only just begun, and, quite predictably, the party is going to suffer something fierce because of Thorfinn's ideals -- but that has to wait for the sake of pacing.

That's all not to mention all the physical pain Thorfinn has already gone through, but it's difficult to really care about that because of his plot armor and how much he's been fucked up in the past.

Musashi looks like a fucking distorted demon in the paintings he is depicted in, why the fuck does this manga draw him handsome?

>his friends were kidnapped because he didn't fight Garm
And Hild almost killed him because of it, but in the end she didn't, and I have no expectation that this Garm stuff will actually pan out, either.

>at least one person died on that island before Jomsborg
You mean the villagers? That's kind of fair, actually, but it's pretty mild and also indirect (it's not like he purposefully let them die by not fighting - he was running away and they got wrapped up in it, which could have easily happened even if he weren't a pacifist).

> but that has to wait for the sake of pacing
I'd say pacing is exactly the problem here, honestly. He's been having doubts about his newfound commitment for a third of the series, without those doubts actually going anywhere or that commitment having any serious implications (Hild was almost one, but again, at the end she just packed up her bags and went "I guess I'll make my decision later" because of her sudden visions). If his pacifism is going to cause them to suffer, it should have started by now. It's been one long stretch of nothing, and Thorfinn has been dragging his feet a ton.

It's going to be a BOAT kind of situation, where it'll be totally fine once it's complete, but waiting for plot progression as it's ongoing is hell.

Would you say the conclusion of Farmland Saga was worth the wait? I only picked up the series long afterward.

>If I want is your sister's pussy and rape her
>this is okay if it benefits some other people
See this is where pragmatism comes in. It is a net gain issue in the end since simply putting the positive of some people over others doesn't really make it any worse or better. What is one life compared to another?

So we have to weigh each life and determine which one is more important.