Ultra Instinct is the final straw

Ultra Instinct is the final straw.

It has gone too far. Super Saiyan was a reasonable form. A Super Saiyan that has ascended beyond that of a Super Saiyan was acceptable. Super Saiyan 3 was a mistake, even the franchise shows this by making it useless.

I can accept Super Saiyan God. Become a Super Saiyan with God energy. Okay. I can accept Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. I don't understand how it's different but whatever.

Ultra Instinct doesn't make sense. He didn't do anything. He absorbed a spirit bomb.

You know who else absorbed a spirit bomb? Krillin. Did he become Ultra Instinct?

There is no precedence for this. It was not setup. It was not hinted at. It was not explained.

Super Saiyan has a legend. Super Saiyan 2 has backstory relating to Gohans hidden potential. Super Saiyan 3 is hand waived by being a form that required having infinite energy and a lifeless body in heaven to create, something that a mortal can't use.

Even the God forms are explained to a degree.

Ultra Instinct just happens. It's shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/760bno/episode_115_new_info_spoilers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to fuck him

shut the fuck up faggot. Dragonball is the greatest anime/manga in the world. Deal with it.

I hear UI is explained in the manga but yeah I agree.

Ultra Instinct isn't a form, but a technique same way Kaioken isn't a form, but a technique.

>He absorbed a spirit bomb.
The genkidama was just a trigger.
>There is no precedence for this. It was not setup. It was not hinted at. It was not explained.
That's all wrong.

OP posted the same thread yesterday

Just ignore SAGE

To change topics

WAKU WAKU KEKHANS READY FOR MORE UNIVERSE 6 ACTION ANG BONDING BETWEEN GODLIFILA AND GODKU? I sure am!

Aww mate the next couple of episodes will be amazing.
I wonder how much screen time C.uckhan will get? Proportionate to his importance I bet :^)

>He absorbed a spirit bomb.

The spirit bomb just provided the power so he could keep fighting, it didn't give him a new form. The Spirit Bomb just gave him enough juice he could keep fighting after obtaining Ultra Instinct.

>There is no precedence for this. It was not setup. It was not hinted at. It was not explained.

In anime? Yeah, it has one fucking line in the Return of F arc and that's it, it's downright fucking embarrassing how little they foreshadowed this. They have Whis give one throwaway line and that's just not mentioned until now, what the fuck.

Manga is way better, having it repeatedly discussed across several arcs and even shown in the attempted Beerus-Gangrape when the prepared the arena for the TOP.

>Ultra Instinct just happens.

As said, it's explained in the Manga as something even Gods struggle to perfect, Beerus doesn't have it down pat yet even.

Anyone else want caulifila want to sit on their face?

>genkidama
faggot week

hard to believe Naruto threads aren't allowed but this spic garbage is

Being a gocuck fan must be painful.
The last fight and real screentime they had was when he got his ass handed to buy a romba with googly eyes, bolla!

Beerus keeps talking about moving without thinking in the manga, so there's some build up. The power jump is a bit too ridiculous though.

is it that time of the thread again already?

Just calling it as I sees it. Goku's wish will be to revive all of universe 6 for sure

I don't wanna defend the bullshit that is super bit did you even watch the episode? Tien himself makes your argument better than you did, Goku + a spirit bomb wasn't enough to beat Jiren, so Goku absorbing the spirit bomb shouldn't be enough either.

It was the near death experience that caused him to find the new form.

if your going to post cauli then at least bring me her with spats

>did you even watch the episode
The japs sure as hell didn't.

>donutman is out next episode
>Ribrianne is still in

Thanks caulibro, i need more pics for my folder

>same exact post
>same exact image
sasuga

>I can accept Super Saiyan God
Stopped reading there. Yet another ultra mode unlocked by a ritualm except this time with no kind of previus foreshadowing? Into the trash it fucking goes, BoG being made into anything but a non canon movie like all the previous ones was a mistake.

This love stuff has all been to look good in front of Heles, sooner or later she's gonna snap. Her first scene showed what she was like otherwise.

DBS #88 (Piccolo and Gohan) 4.4
DBS #90 (Goku vs Gohan) 5.6

DBS #92 (CauliflaSSJ)4.9
DBS #93 (Berserker Kale)5.7
DBS #100 (Caulifla &Kale vs Goku)5.7
DBS #101 (Kale and Caulifla vs P.Troopers)5.0

DBS #103(Gohan vs Obuni)4.4
DBS #106(Gohan &Piccolo vs Universe 2)5.0
DBS #108(Gohan vs Frieza) 4.9

Gohan vs Caulifla ----Ratings

Ultra instinct was so boring.

It had 2 cool moments which lasted under 1 minute then reverted back to a basic punch-kick-punch rotation while the rest of the time was taken explaining what the fuck was going on.

Shit.

Apparently the special didn't do so well in Japan ratings-wise. Apparently it was due to being aired alongside a Kamen Rider special

I actually liked when goku jobbed against jiren is SSGSS, the choreography was better, and not just boring slow mo evade with a fucking blur.

Legit the far better fight.

It's the worst rated episode.

i posted it again XD

I wonder if it is because goku jobbed, or if they are just simply fed up with all the shit.

>most hyped episode has the worse ratings of the entire series
You’ve met with a terrible fate, haven’t you?

It was only really used in the last half of the second episode though. They did use some generic punching but it was still made to look different and more powerful with the flurries being more intense and lightning striking everywhere like when Beerus and Champa fought. They also probably needed to have lots of exposition on it or people would complain they didn't explain things well enough.

It wouldn't have anything to do with the episode. People don't know what's in it before deciding to tune in. The drop in ratings are still inline with other shows so it doesn't have anything to do with Super specifically.

Exactly this

>They also probably needed to have lots of exposition on it or people would complain they didn't explain things well enough.

Yes I am sure that's the reason, not because it's several times less costly to have people sitting around and talking than it is to animate a fight.

Because of Kamen Rider and they're probably bored of watching this tournament.

Hit will damage Jiren though.

Well c'mon obviously that's part of the reason. They'll never make an episode that's 24 minutes straight of fighting and anyone who expects that should just stop watching. But they do need that exposition to explain things as evidenced by all the "MUH ASSPULLS" "MUH NO FORESHADOWING" that goes on here.

I remember people getting a lot more hyped for episode 67.

Ratings in this context are based on the amount of people who viewed the show while it was airing and not a lot of people in Japan was watching Super on that day.

66*

>not a lot of people in Japan was watching Super on that day
Which is still weird considering all the advertisement they did for that episode.

OP, are you new to Dragon Ball? Is anyone new here to it at all? Because Goku has ALWAYS ass pulled even in the non-serious Dragon Ball show.

>Master Roshi took a long time to do Kamehameha
>Goku does it in one go

Come on now.

The hype for this special seemed far higher than ever before. Just my subjective opinion though.

I'm still pissed they didn't foreshadow that.

lets at least hope he actually puts up a good fight

Oh, you don't remember that one throwaway line where whis said about body acting before conscious thought is formed in the brain?

is this a new pasta

>episode 115 will also be about u6 saiyans
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KEKHAN ON SUICIDE WATCH

Episode 109 was better than 110 overall. No insert song but the genki dama theme was pretty great, less QUALITY and off model which were rampant on ep 110, way less info dumps, and better fights. Only downside is about 5 more minutes wasted in Ribrianne keepig Goku and the audience occupied with their fight that doesn't go anywhere.

They still managed to explain nothing important despite half of the episode being exposition and staring.

How would raw energy unlock a technique where your muscles instantly counterattack?
Why is "self movement" an insane power boost/transformation? Shouldnt he be using that technique on top of SSB to fight Jiren?
Where was Goku after the black genki hole swallowed him? Not even El Grande Padre could detect him.
How is UI faster than Dyspo but slow enough that Piccolo and 17 can track his movements? GoDs couldnt follow Dyspo.

Not to mention all the stupid shit prior to that like both U2 and U7 clearly cheating without no one raising an eye.
You're telling me if someone like Vegeta for example is down, he can transfer all his energy to his standing members, eat a senzu, repeat?
Kakunsa even used an item from the stands to buff Ribrianne.
Just replace one Zeno wakuwaku with a rule change, its not hard.

Well Super for a while had a pretty rough start from what with inconsistent animations and the likes and Kamen Rider which aired a special at the sametime is a very popular franchise that's even talked about on Sup Forums sometimes.

Case and point, Japan is more interested in Kamen Rider

Source or kiero.

Herms twitter.

>A Super Saiyan that has ascended beyond that of a Super Saiyan was acceptable
Was it really? Compared to UI?

I'm not watching or reading DBS, but didn't Goku absorb a spirit bomb in the Super Android 13 movie? Did Toriyama retroactively make that movie canon?

I really like Kamen Rider so I completely understand why they'd rather watch it instead of Super

You can say it was foreshadowed early on in Z.

HOW DARE THEY MAKE MYSTIC A JOBBER FORM

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HIS TURN

ITS NOT FAAAAAIIIIR

EL BLANCO HOMBRE WILL COME FOR YOU GRANDE PADRE

>Go there
>literally nothing
As expected of cauliturds
Also, herms is not a reliable source. Reminder that according to him both universes 6 and 7 would have 8 fighters for their roster at the start of ep 109.

It's sort of different. Goku was simply using the energy from the genki dama as a temporary energy source but it was the clash between his energy and the explosion that allowed him to unlock his deeper potential.

Oh I thought OP was talking about Blue. Which is why I was wondering why he thought it was okay but not UI.

Fine, then I'll link a reddit post. It's your fault though.

reddit.com/r/dbz/comments/760bno/episode_115_new_info_spoilers/

>his turn
kek

Is this the fat universe?

Nah mate, it still is your fault for posting it.
>using r*ddit as a source
Caulitrash fags sure are dumb.

>people still pissed over the caulifag v.s gohanfag war. its going to die down once we get to the next arc and have new fags

It was foreshadowed in the manga.

T-TAKE THAT BACK!

CHADHAN DOES'NT JOB AS BAD AS JOBGETA

ITS HIS TUUUUUURN

Blue is fine if it became their way of going God mode without needing the ritual. What isn't explained is why Goku can go God mode without the ritual later. Or why he'd want to.

Primal Fury is the final straw.

It has gone too far. Super Saiyan was a reasonable form. A Super Saiyan that has ascended beyond that of a Super Saiyan was acceptable. Super Saiyan 3 was a mistake, even the franchise shows this by making it useless.

I can accept Super Saiyan God. Become a Super Saiyan with God energy. Okay. I can accept Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Ultra Instinct is a state of mind, kind of like "The Zone" in sports. It's a bit of an ass pull. I don't understand how it's different but whatever.

Primal Fury doesn't make sense. He didn't do anything. He lost consciousness, but still had the will to fight.

You know who else got unconscious and continued fighting? Goku, back in DBZ. Did he trigger Primal Fury?

There is no precedence for this. It was not setup. It was not hinted at. It was not explained.

Super Saiyan has a legend. Super Saiyan 2 has backstory relating to Gohans hidden potential. Super Saiyan 3 is hand waived by being a form that required having infinite energy and a lifeless body in heaven to create, something that a mortal can't use. The God forms are explained to a degree.

Even Ultra instinct was something the gods had to train for.

Primal Fury just happens. It's shit.

---
It's rinse and repeat as usual user, sorry.

The anime foreshadowed mastery of self movement harder than the manga foreshadowed Hakai.

This. Toei is so incompetent they managed to waste fuckloads of screentime during half an year by being busy making Blue a total jobber transformation while neglecting the actually important development towards Goku's new form. Embarassing and also an unforgivable error on their part. Even worse is that Toeiturds will still try to defend this anyways.

I think they said it is not as stamina consuming as blue.

Do you watch dragonball or even shonen in general because logic? Also, you can bet your ass it's gonna get worse.

They have all the sources if you want to look yourself. Have some agency for once, tard.

>gohan vs goku

CHADhan always wins baby

Toriyama is a fucking hack:
>Toriyama gives SSGSS shitty blue hair
because
>even tho white hair would be cooler, Zamas was planned to have white hair.

Then
>Toriyama gives Mystic Gohan a shitty aura
Because
>Even tho aura-less Gohan looks cooler , Goku was planned to have a similar form.

HOW CAN HE KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS???

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

This is the zone

>people actually searching for tv ratings
>caring about tv ratings
Am I on /asp/?

>gohanfags
just shut the fuck up

TORIYAMA NEEDS TO STOP!

THE DONUTS

>OP can't even understand an anime as simple as Dragon Ball

Sup Forums has hit new lows. It's people like you that are the reason why Shonen have so much useless dialog. You people can't understand anything or think for yourself. You need to be spoonfed everything, and when you're not, you bitch like this.

>not setup

Literally was, from the manga, to the RoF movie, to the implication when Jiren dodged those Kachin blocks that he himself can do it.

>absorb the spirit bomb
All that did was keep his body going. That wasn't the source of his power. That is LITERALLY EXPLAINED IN THE EPISODE.

>Doesn't understand how ratings work

It has nothing to do with the quality of content, dumbass. It's all based on how many people are watching Super as opposed to watching all other content on at the time.

For example, Oprah has great ratings, but shit viewership. Why? Because she has a high percentage of the people watching AT THE TIME she's on, which is during the week day.

>from the manga, to the RoF movie, to the implication when Jiren dodged those Kachin blocks that he himself can do it.
None of these happened in Toei's shit anime and are on different mediums.
Also, you may have meant Vegetto instead of Jiren there.

>Hitcucks

No, I meant Jiren. He barely had to move to dodge the blocks right before the tournament, when they're putting the arena back together. Just like Goku was just walking through Toppo's shots.

That's another thing, since when has stamina loss been a problem?

Since the Champa tournament, but they don't give a fuck about it until it becomes convenient

Fine. But please explain why Mystic Gohan suddenly has a fucking Aura and Goku UI has no aura and is his basic normal form???? PURE COINCIDENCE RIGHT???

Or Maybe Toriyama is running out of ideas and STEALING abilities and concepts that looked cool on CHADhan?

Who the fuck watches Super for Hit?

Because he's the super cool assassin tch nothing personnel kid type, some people can't get enough of that.

Soon

old news, buddy

manga does not have this problem

That was my point in bringing it up. I know they mentioned it way back when during the Cell saga, but after that things just get weird and it isn't brought up again until Frieza's Golden Form.