NRA Sues Florida Over GUN LAW

tallahassee.com/story/news/2018/03/09/nra-sues-florida-over-gun-bill-same-day-gov-scott-signed-law/412365002/

The National Rifle Association sued in federal court Friday to block a new Florida law, just signed by Gov. Rick Scott, that prohibits gun sales to anyone under 21.

"We filed a lawsuit against the state for violating the constitutional rights of 18- to 21-year-olds," said Marion Hammer, lobbyist for the NRA in Florida. NRA lawyers in Tallahassee and Washington, D.C., were working on the complaint Friday afternoon, and filed the complaint moments before the court's deadline.

Hammer had previously called the legislation "political eye-wash."

The suit was filed just over an hour after Scott signed the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act into law. He expected opposition from the gun lobby. The complaint says the new law prohibits law-abiding citizens between the ages of 18 and 21 from lawfully purchasing a firearm of any kind.

"This blanket ban violates the fundamental rights of thousands of responsible, law-abiding Florida citizens and is thus invalid under the Second and Fourteenth Amendments," it says. The complaint also says the law violates the 14th Amendment’s equal protection clause by banning adults between 18 and 21 from buying guns but does not apply such a ban to adults 21 and over.

The suit says that at 18, law-abiding citizens are considered adults for most purposes protected by the Constitution, and are eligible to serve in the military.

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120577582/#q120587575
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe they'll win.
In fact, I hope they do.

Making the age be 21 is so fucking dumb. I dunno how democrats got republicans to sign onto it.

bump

Effectively this disarms only white men. Tacos and nogs don't give a shit.

They better be using all that new membership money for something good. You guys see the YouTube ad with Dana where she's just pist off throwing blows? I joined because of that ad.

But they do jack fucking tranny clown shit for Hawaii.

The fucking gun registration is a direct violation of the constitution and 922 (Illegal for gov. building to be used to hold registry of gun owners), shall issue is only issued to PEOPLE RELATED TO HIGH LEVEL COPS and the cops and courts use the term "gun owner" in a derogatory manner to justify violence.

40 years and more, NRA is nowhere to be seen except for some fucking email telling me the legislature is passing some communist shit instructing the cops to attack gun owners and to write a fucking letter. Letters aren't meth, money or children to rape so no chance at being heard in a place where pretty much every political figure has to be vetted by the local "godfather", glow in the dark nigger trusty and labor union figure (Look up Larry Mehau) and now most political heads are funded by Soros...

Good point.
I think this Florida thing is a Trump set-up though.

I want to do lewd things to Dana

Wonder why the ACLU is silent.

>The fucking gun registration is a direct violation of the constitution
I'm honestly convinced that all Americans say this when they have no argument.

And who's problem is that? White Christian cucks problem, they stack up guns, but never formed militia in 200 years.

The (((ACLU))) pretends that the Second Amendment doesn't exist.

Just like some Americans pretend that it's the only amendment to exist

law.cornell.edu/constitution/amendmentxiv

Some aren't worth as much as others.

If you read the law, and then read the constitution, you would see the argument. Since you are just a shill, that probably will not happen.

this is why your goverment treats you like a doormat for niggers on a scale worse than most other former white countries

I'm not trying to be a dick dude, but you sound drunk. I seriously can't follow your thought process here.

dead children?

At least you have a bunch of sand niggers. Fuck the constitution, more sand niggers, am I rite? Faggot.

Based NRA.

The fact of the matter is nothing this bill puts forth would have stopped cruz (assuming you believe the official narrative ) except the part arming some teachers. Its totally political, and strips away fundamental rights we are garunteed by our constitution because of the actions of one man and some pussy-faggots feelings.
Something bad happens something people cry lets just burn the fucking constitution.

And reminder, if the FBI and local law enforcement would have done their job, if laws that already on the books would have been enforced, this wouldnt have happened, and we dont see hogg and cuban-dyke crying about this. Pisses me off.

What you mean to say is ALLAH AKBAR JIHAD.

I have to do more to get basic welfare assistance than your ISIS immigrants get for nothing. I stood up against corrupt government to protect my family and try to make a difference for humans. I struggle for food and shelter and to net be framed and murdered by globalist backed organized crime.

You watch some black fucker from Africa fuck your "wife" with a smaller dick than my hapa ass has.

Dude. I am in Hawaii. ACLU says they are not taking cases, but send in info about what happened to you for demographic statistics.

ACLU does not do shit in blue states. We have this ex-senator named Clayton Hee who was running a Mexican cartel style death house making snuff videos with the protection of the cops and NO ONE IN THE MEDIA, COURTS OR FUCKING ANYWHERE WILL EXPOSE HIM. Sorosbux go a long way.

Good, Rick Scott can get fucked if he's going to pull this shit.

t. florida man

>t.hapa

Das rite, niggakun.

The chink blood comes from your mother?

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120577582/#q120587575

This guy?

They’ll win and it will set precedent for lowering the age of handgun purchases to 18

Florida BTFO'D

If you're old enough to serve in the military you're old enough to own a fucking handgun, the age limitation for hand guns is fucking stupid, make it all 18

Why the fuck would they bother wasting money in the corrupt Democrat hole known as Hawaii?

>The fucking gun registration is a direct violation of the constitution
How?

Why is Gov. Dick Rott still in power? That guy is made from the same stock as Zuckerborg. Completely robotic and subservient to his masters.

The argument from the high school kids is an 18 year old is too immature to own a rifle, while a 16 years is the reasonable age to vote.

We have a militia; all males 17-45 are in it, in accordance with Title 10, Section 311 of the US Constitution. Regardless of that fact, grammatically, and according to Supreme Court precedent, the right to bear arms belongs to the people, not the militia. Wrong on either count.

Exactly, the law actually allows you to own a handgun you just can’t purchase one from a dealer, making your own however...

Okay, xkcd, you've made your point.

Why don't you guys use this as your "call to arms" so to speak. I can imagine it'd work really well. Guilt the white guilt pieces of shit and the leftist establishment, while everyone else would just ignore it because it's helping them

I've been bringing up Syria as an example too. There's about 3 guns per 100 citizens. No wonder they're all being bombed and killed.

Can I donate to help the nra fight this case?

Just join the NRA

Bump

>archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/120577582/#q120587575

YES. Now he comes out of the underworld thanks to SOROSBUX. Fucking sick fuck and his sick fuck crew.

NO NEWS OUTLET WILL TOUCH HIM EITHER because he is demopublican.

Outlaw guns in the mainland, get Detroit warzones or Cali shitholes with more funding.

Outlaw guns, due process, mentioning the constitution in a positive manner in Hawaii, a really peaceful and beautiful place, you get massive fucking child and human trafficking protected by the state and courts.

More money than meth for kids and organs.

the moment I found out USA de facto bans full-autos is the moment I knew americans can wipe their asses with the constitution

THEY DON'T DO TRANNYSHIT. I AM IN HAWAII AND NO LAWSUITS, JUST AN EMAIL TELLING ME I AM FUCKED, WRITE A LETTER, PLS GIB MONI BTW.

democrats and republicans are different? what?

You are a polynesian who claims to be a black power biker and says the real natives are liars to steal their heritage on behalf ogf the crown's propaganda. I dont expect you to understand freedom or rule of law.

They won't win, FL courts will claim that states rights and federal courts are all liberal cucks and the Supreme Court refuses to hear gun rights cases. Maybe they'll get lucky if they judge shop for the one conservitive judge in FL, but good luck with that and he'll get overturned in appeals.

Not everywhere. Shareblue is pro Hilldawg. Who is funding and heading them? One guy is named Paul Ryan, you may have seen him on C-Span.

Women were given the right to vote and liberal men became mental women. Women fear violence and want everyone to simultaniously disarm while also defending themselves while also being a traitor by supporting outsiders while pretending that they can't be retaliated against for being a fucking traitor. Literally playing both sides like a jew.

>Lawman & Criminal
>Disarm the lawman, support the criminal
>Lawman won't hurt woman because he follows law and protects woman
>criminal won't hurt woman because she betrayed the lawman to help the criminal
repeat for everything

Fudds love saying "well it doesn't affect me so fuck those dumb kids".

Floridians shop at Publix like Steve gets on a plane and flies to Japan for comped sushi. Sad!

Okay. So explain it to your fellow Americans. Where does the (((Constitution))) say anything about firearm registration, be it for or against?

NRA sued 30 minutes after Rick Scott signed the law.

There shall be no registries made of any group of people. This is in the constitution. In the (((Constitution))) it says there shall be no registries made of any group of people, and - who dropped a nickel? I heard that. Shut the doors. No one is leaving. That nickel is mine, I heard it hit the floor and called it. I bet it was a quarter. Yeah. WHERE IS IT? ONE OF YOU DIRTY GOYS TOOK MY QUARTER!

>There shall be no registries made of any group of people
It isn't though. It's of firearms. It'd be like vehicle registration.

kek

I hope they are at least successful with this. In the mean time, libtards continue to chimp out...

>The suit says that at 18, law-abiding citizens are considered adults for most purposes protected by the Constitution, and are eligible to serve in the military.
That's what I didn't get, they should push back voting rights and requiring people to draft to 21 if eighteen is just "too soon" to own a gun.

>crazed gunman attacks NRA headquarters
>shot by security at the entrance
>nobody killed
really joggins my noggin

The catch is that Clarence Thomas oversees the federal appellate jurisdiction that Florida is a part of and has twice wrote about his frustration that SCOTUS has not heard a 2A case. GOP judicial appointments outnumber the Dems (barely 10-9). The main point is that what will come in to play will be the level of scrutiny 2A cases will be seen as. Thomas’s points in his dissents regarding the denial of cert in the 2 cases coming out of Cali is that the judges aren’t even applying the level of scrutiny they claim to be doing, let alone the highest level.

Keep in mind, 21 drinking age was only upheld on the basis of congress and the power of the purse. While one could argue right to determine what goes into ones body could be found in amendment 9, 18-20 year olds are currently without the right to procure a firearm for self defense. It’s illegal last I recall to obscure the true buyer on a 4473, so I’d like to see if someone who declares their underage child on the form would be in trouble legally.

>implying (((ginsberg))) will ever die

She may, but what seems to be more certain is that Kennedy is closer to retirement than Ginsburg is to death. If either go, GOP needs to give it to the Dems good and hard on this appointment. IDGAF about charges of no judicial appointments during election year. Should that happen, I say load up every 2A case and send to SCOTUS. This is why the Senate needs to stay within GOP hands. If Trump shifts SCOTUS, he could be one termed for all I care.

Our young men are the best age for indoctrination as killers in the armed services, but they are too young to own a firearm of their own.

Statistically speaking, there shouldn't even be a single on Jew in the Supreme Court. If Trump has the gumption to pick decent replacements, I hope he stays two terms just to shuffle that deck.

Trump can win re-election so long as the economy doesn’t crash, keeps the US out of war and makes it look like he is trying to adhere to campaign promises but congress can’t keep their shit together and he needs help in that area. Folks assume personal drama is par for the course with Trump and most of the ammunition of oppo research was expended in 2016.

It's his reelection to lose imo. I'm pretty sure his "base" will be forgiving of bumps in the road as long as he keeps delivering in some fashion and doesn't make it into the top 10 anime betrayals.

Not really. It all needs to get pushed up to 21 -- especially voting. The problem was always the draft.

My argument is eat my asshole.

I'm not optimistic. There is already a law that says you have to wait 3 days for handgun sales and have to be 21 to buy. Not sure when that law went into place but it has been around for a while.

NOPE

Sue CA next please.

Sadly, the only thing that I think will strike down CAs draconian gun laws will be overturned federal legislation that mirrors CAs. 2A groups had tons of cases appeal for cert from SCOTUS, all have been denied.

>Trump can win re-election
Not with my vote. I will never vote for a gun grabber. Him and Rick Scott make me wish Obama was back in the driver seat. Florida will turn Blue from this bull shit. Fucking sad

I cant vote or Pam Bondi, Rick Scott or Trump ever again. At least the red wall was fun while it lasted

I'm pretty pumped about this bill as a liberal. It enacts some nice gun control and gets the retarded hillbillies mad at Scott. Hopefully they don't vote for him because of this and liberals won't vote for him regardless even with this bill so it's a win/win.

I get that RINOs like Scott have fucked you over, but the important thing is that a major SCOTUS shift toward seen often only once in a generation is about to occur. Do what you want for state wide office, but keep in mind it’s gonna take SCOTUS reprimanding the circuits for their abject failure to protect the 2A. That only occurs if Trump has a Senate Majority to appoint justices. Gorsuch has tipped his hand when he joined Thomas regarding the dissent in the refusal to grant cert to the Peruta case( case regarding “good cause” in CA for carry permits).