Might be a bit weak because i rushed myself, I might give it another shot later

Might be a bit weak because i rushed myself, I might give it another shot later

To be fair, you have to very depressed to understand Evangelion. The characters personalities are extremely brooding, and without a solid grasp human psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Shinji's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Sylvia Plath's literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Evangelion truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Asuka's catchphrase “pathetic” which itself is a cryptic reference to Helen Keller's opinion on those who lack foresight. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Hideaki Anno’s genius wit unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an NGE tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Liking Eva is a meme

>immense pressure from everyone
>you feel all pain that the robot does
>misato is an alcoholic who lives in a flithy apartment
>asuka a literal bully who confuses the fuck out of him
>rei is literally his mother

great..

But you hate yourself, why would I want to admire a part of you?

But i don't hate myself, user

I simply don't trust you. Or rather, I trust you to always do or say the opposite.

I trust you user, but people say I have trust issues so...

This. I'm glad that somedy else can appreaciate the true intellectual brilliance of NGE.

Do you trust that the thing I wrote to you at 9:28 came from the very bottom of my soul?

I forgot I had these.

Different timezone, I don't know which comment you're talking about, but I was being serious when I said that thing earlier.

I was serious about everything I said as well. I though you saw the mails and just decided not to reply to them. Can't blame you for that.

Frankly, liking or not liking Evangelion boils down to how fucked up you are. If you didn't have any depression related symptoms in your life you'll consider Evangelion to be an overhyped piece of trash filled with irrational characters. On the other hand if you had, you'll consider Evangelion to be the best thing you ever saw, since there are not many works of art either western or eastern that portray depression/social anxiety and shit so realistically. All of the pretentious symbolisms are irrelevant. The characters and their issues are the things that either make or break the show.

I've been through depression before tho.

This is simply not true

Wrong

Same but 15 minutes ago. I get depressed more often than I fap. Take a minute to let that sink in.

I'm always depressed, user. Masturbating makes me forget about it, but only for a few minutes.
childhood trauma, man. really fucks you up.

Wrong. It all boils down to how much empathy a person has.

See You can still be depressed and lack empathy.

Same here. Where would I even start. I bet half the audience would accuse me of just making things up. Or, you know, being pretencious.

I know that feel user, really
I'm empathetic, at least I try to.

At least I know you were true to yourself. I kind of want to share everything, but every time I make a connection you do the tsun thing and step on me (or yourself). I have to meet you again for the first time once or twice per day, and gain that trust each time again.

we'll see user, we'll see.

Cause the way I see it (and I'm naturally suspicious), you didn't just ignore the letters. You saw them and decided to act as if the words have never been spoken.
What do I have to do? Do I have to provide a blood sample to prove that I really mean it? Or just kind of worship you from a distance until you get bored and disappear?

Came back, forgut pic.

Evangelion is unironically the greatest anime of all time. Even Sadamoto-san's manga was great. I always cry like an absolute baby after rewatching or rereading it. A masterpiece.

That pic unironically make me sick given the context.

Why?

Cause I'm looking at a character with build and hair very similar to mine (and also extremely long fingers in particular), who is slouching, turning away from the viewport, and becoming a hobo.
Also that jacket and backpack are both horrible, and the bag looks like he's into organ theft. I'm projecting, but no one told him not to wear these things.

Do you have autism?

he's on Sup Forums, of course he has autism.

It's probably the only thing I don't have.

>Sup Forums r*dditors actually believe this is a funny pasta
Worst relevant board on the website by far

No, these are someone's sincere words, and that's the problem.

No it's not, the pasta was facetious in the first place. Literally the definition of a forced meme.

Worth saving still, I had no idea it's possible to say anta baka in so many different ways in the same sentence.

This is literally the OP pasta except completely unironic.

What a waste if fucking time.

Stop falsefalgging Evangelion with your pretentious drivel.
Stick to Rick and Morty and plebbit.

I unironically thought Eva was gonna be my new favourite anime until it cucked me with that shit-tier ending. End of Evangellion was better, but its tone was at odds with the rest of the show as it changed Shinji and Asuka's characters pretty drastically.

I haven't seen the other movies - are they any good?

It's not shit-tier, the endings complement each-other and the characters are in-character the entire time.
The Rebuilds? I don't like them. Everything good has been written out of them.

It's shit. I understand the philosophy and personal growth that it shows, but it would have been far more congruent and aesthetically pleasing to me to do it in a more naturalistic way (i.e. through the use of story and character interactions).

I say that End of Evangellion's tone was at odds with the series because of Asuka's and Shinji's characters being retconned to make it seem like Shinji is much more perverted than he was shown in the show, and Asuka being shown as much more abusive. Whilst those elements were present in the series, they were much more muted and the two were presented as being more playful with each other.

Can't have personal grown without choking a bitch. And the characters were always disgusting, it's just that it's more obvious from directly seeing into their minds, than by just seeing it through the character's dialogue and body language.

>I'm always depressed,
How do you people even do it? is it a western meme? how come noone is depressed where i live? people get sad over stuff then move on.

Not the same user but the other one.
I sort of inherited it from my parents who inherited it from theirs, and so on. Some families have a vineyard or a dental clinic, mine has suicidal depression.

Is it possible to do some crowdfunding and get Tiffany Grant to read this rant in Asuka's voice?

>We order them in bulk

3/10.

It's not just that it's a shitty Sup Forums copypasta for an even shittier show, it's that the person who made it didn't even make it NGE related. Asuka's catchphrase is obviously "baka". What does Helen Keller have to do with anything?

This is much better, because you can tell whoever wrote this at least understood and probably liked the show, and as such created a masterpiece of making people angry. This is the type of bait that Jesus Christ himself would approve of, the type of bait that will pierce the heavens. They should've sent a poet.

>How do you people even do it? is it a western meme?
Yes. The soulless global shopping mall liberalism forces people into steals away their identity, kinship and sense of purpose. In response we either join makeshift tribes (making an identity out of our neuroses and sexual orientations) or just stew in zombie ennui.

>we order them in bulk
took me a minute

>this thread
>again
Every day.