My Hero Academia

The animation is great and all but when does the deconstruction begin?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstruction#Not_a_method
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Never

>Deconstruction

Dude it's just a show. Watch it and enjoy/hate it.
I enjoy the show and wanna yell when people call it a deconstruction. It's capeshit and it's fun.

I'd say Deku's arms are pretty deconstructed at this point

Yeah, I'm not sure people know what "deconstruction" means when they call this one. This gives us a deeper exploration into a superhero culture, but it's not tearing it apart or showing us that the premise itself is flawed like an actual deconstruction would

>deconstruction
I hate the fact that this has practically become it's own genre at this point and all of it is garbage.

kusoaca isn't a deconstruction.
in fact, it's even more generic than the average capeshit comic.

It's a deconstruction bad shonen. You can see point by point all the unnecessary steps it takes to make the show worse.

>deconstruction
That's not a deconstruction. Learn the meaning of words before you use them, retard.

It doesn't. Some over zealous fanboys made that up.

Deconstruction means taking a fantastical or supernatural element and applying it in a real world setting and handling it in a realistic way. BNHA has no such thing.

BHNA is reconstruction, they embraced the genre

not everything needs to be a cynical deconstruction, you can do a genre and be sincere about it and people will still appreciate it as long as it is well done.

Quirk marriages exist

so?

Are terms like Deconstruction,subversion,pacing,Asspull, etc just the normified way of evaluating media, when's something is normafied it becomes less in depth and too simple.

No it doesn't. Use Google.

Its human selective breeding

The deconstruction is that it's not trying to be a deconstruction.

Not the guy
>a method of critical analysis of philosophical and literary language that emphasizes the internal workings of language and conceptual systems, the relational quality of meaning, and the assumptions implicit in forms of expression.

so?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand boku no hero

Explain it to me please.

>when does the deconstruction begin?

Meet

I don't know if you are being ironic or just some brain dead BNHfags, but that made me laugh

How is that suppose to get your argument across

O

Right a philosophical theory nobody understands. But people have turned that into something else and applied to storytelling, does that not have a proper definition?

Is this show good? I like superhero stuff like Tiger & Bunny and One Punch Man

MY

>deconstruction
What deconstruction? It's just a superhero shounen anime. It might seem a bit like a deconstruction to Western audiences because instead of the free-wheeling vigilante-type superheroes we're used to, we instead get a highly bureaucratized superhero institution (not that this doesn't exist in western heroes), but I'm going to chalk that up to the inability for Moonpeople (at least the hack fraud Moonpeople) to think outside of the fucking high school setting.

In any case, it's just another "work-hard-never-give-up" shounen anime, albeit with superheroes instead of ninjas or wizards or whatever. It's got sort of charming characters, decent designs and junk, but it's about as standard and boilerplate as it gets.

Unfortunately, by the time My Hero (the protagonist, for those who haven't seen the show) gets his powers, the series has already blown its emotional load, and everything after that is just an extremely protracted, boring training montage without the music and with full scenes.

No, it's generic garbage

t. guy who only knows the word "deconstruction" from some youtube video about watchmen

REWIND

>I want to enjoy things that aren't deconstructions without losing the intellectual currency that comes with liking a ~~~deconstruction~~~
>I know, it's a reconstruction!

QUIRK

Stand

Wait until you get to the point when they deconstruct the NTR meme by having a female character get reverse-cucked for the very first time in history

Generic doesn't mean bad, bread is generic but you can mold the dough to make something tasty

It's better than OPM but not as good as T&B

All according to the bingo

I said the word "generic" & "garbage"

When deku pulled 10000% out of his ass his arm is literally deconstructed

Still posting this bingo? You’re shamelessly persistent, I’ll give you that

>It's better than OPM
No

The important bit as far as storytelling goes is at the end: "the assumptions implicit in forms of expression."

A deconstruction sort of strips back the more fantastic elements of a given genre, trope, archetype, etc. and forces you to confront aspects of this thing you may not have thought about before. So for example, Rorschach from Watchmen forces you to reappraise folks like Batman -- the two are effectively the same sort of weird, mentally-ill, obsessive, "principled" hero archetype, but one "pulls back the curtain" a bit, makes us realize, "hey, maybe this whole superhero vigilante thing is kind of fucked up."

>Still posting this bingo
I'm not supposed to post it?

>method
That's incorrect. The French guy who started that meme was pretty autistic about how it's not a method.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deconstruction#Not_a_method

It has a shit ton of definitions but you should take mine over them (I talk out of my ass a lot). It's basically (at least regarding storytelling) goes as follows
>certain concepts are structured as plot elements to convey a meaning
>some contrarian retard sees contradictions between the original concepts and the intended meaning
>he then "deconstructs" the meaning by revealing the concepts that were structured to give it
>at this point it's already deconstruction you don't have to go the extra step and do autistic shit like subverting the meaning or overemphasizing the contradictions between the actual meaning and the intended meaning

>all might will die soon
Man, if All Might died in the first Noumu battle, it might have saved the show.

Do people even know what “deconstruction” is? All of you fags saying it is/isn’t deconstruction without really knowing what the term meansand where to apply it, just basing off the words of some jewtubers

You’re free to do whatever, but it’s just sad at this point since no one’s really latching to it

>since no one’s really latching to it
How do you know so?
How do you even know that I was the one who created it?

Why kill off a mentor before they can actually teach their student something important or others for that matter, also the inclusion of all might already gives us an idea of the power cap in the show so there's no I'm stronger then the strongest guy bulllshit, doing that saved the show in my eyes

>the manga does cliches really well
people actually say that?

False, this is magical realism. A story like this can be a deconstruction, but that's not the definition

Yes there's something called execution

>people actually say that?
Not that guy but yesterday I saw someone who actually said that

This bingo is disturbingly accurate

The whole arc was meant to rip the students out of their cozy student lives and introduce a sense of danger to the world -- to suggest the careers they're setting themselves up for are genuinely frightening. Killing off the symbol of peace and justice in the first Noumu fight would have served the themes of that arc, and it would have added a genuine sense of tension to the story.

Instead, everyone, even folks who were implied to have died, survived. It was incredibly disappointing and toothless

What you're trying to explain is 50% correct and 50% this . Deconstruction is simply the structuralism-killer. Structuralism means that things have meanings, but then then again if you deconstructed the meanings by revealing the things that leaded to that meaning, you can show the contradiction between them or that those same things can mean other meanings like in your Watchmen example.

I mean, it does do clichés well -- that hardly means it's a great show, and of course it's still heavily reliant on clichés.

>leaded
led*
>then then
then*
That's why you check before you post.

Because we know that no more than 2 or so retards ever cared about that bingo or saved it.
You're the creator. You gave birth to a thing that only a mother could love.

no one cares
I'm not convinced deconstruction, not as a form of literary analysis but as part of a work of fiction, is meant to render things meaningless. It might challenge or subvert or "show how the sausage is made" in broader "meta-narratives" (to use that annoying buzzword), but there's still meaning in this subversion or whatever.

This is a by the book shonenshit done right user, stop pretending everything is trying to be meta.

>Because we know that no more than 2 or so retards ever cared about that bingo or saved it.
How?
How did you know that?
>You're the creator
Again, how did you know that?
Do bnhfags have some psychic powers or some shit?

>This is a by the book shonenshit done right user

>no one cares
Leaded was too much.

>meaningless
Not full-on meaningless, just not necessarily the meaning intended by the author for the text. This is from Wikipedia:
>Deconstruction denotes the pursuing of the meaning of a text to the point of exposing the supposed contradictions and internal oppositions upon which it is founded—supposedly showing that those foundations are irreducibly complex, unstable, or impossible. It is an approach that may be deployed in philosophy, in literary analysis, and even in the analysis of scientific writings. Deconstruction generally tries to demonstrate that any text is not a discrete whole but contains several irreconcilable and contradictory meanings; that any text therefore has more than one interpretation; that the text itself links these interpretations inextricably; that the incompatibility of these interpretations is irreducible; and thus that an interpretative reading cannot go beyond a certain point.
A "deconstruction" story is a story that demonstrates the above definition either just by simply revealing "how the sausage is made" or by going the extra mile and doing things like subversion, overemphasizing the contradictions or building a story with the same elements that ends up giving the opposite meaning.

came here to post this.

the main interesting thing about it is how deku is kind of like the typical "my friends are my power" protag yet the actual setting continues to tell him that "this isn't how it works here". i personally find that pretty interesting and i'm curious if it'll lead to anything interesting in the future.

that's as dumb as killing superman in the second movie in a franchise that's supposed to last for years.

>to suggest the careers they're setting themselves up for are genuinely frightening. Killing off the symbol of peace and justice in the first Noumu fight would have served the themes of that arc, and it would have added a genuine sense of tension to the story.

First off if he was just killed by Frankenstein's monster that would be extreme underwhelming, it did show the Villians are a threat since the symbol of peace has to push himself to beat them.

Second, That ties into the main theme of the story, which is to go beyond what you think you can do, this was shown with Deku risking his life in attempt to go up against something way beyond him, he was just a normal kid who pushed himself in an attempt to save someone. All might basically does the same in the nomo fight

>Toga forces Deku to fuck her while Ochaco watches and she can't interfere or Toga will kill him
Too bad this won't have any chance to happen unless there is a timeskip and even then It wont

>Animation is great

It's super average and filled with QUALITY what are you on?

i want deku to try and reform toga post time skip

this post got a good chuckle out of me.
you deserve all the (you)s

little did we know bleach was the biggest deconstruction of battle shounennto have ever been done

Rewind wasn't even an asspull and I'd hardly call it bad writing. On the other hand, Deku vs Muscular was

it's naruto 2
>shitball protag with negative charisma and testosterone levels
>cancerous main rival inexplicably loved by the fandom
>completely useless heroine embroiled in terrible romantic subplot
>awful antagonists getting btfo by retarded teenagers
>repetitive, circular development
>new literal who characters introduced every arc while half the students of the main class barely have a character
>pointless flashback melodrama up the ass
if you thought naruto was the coolest show you'll like this if not you'll recognize it for the cancer it is

Why does all might look like an alien in his true form?

because its deformed and the muscle form is his true form

original

It just a shitty that's made up of a lot tropes and plays it super safe.

O MY MAGI MAGICA MODOKAFAGGOTRY

It's a kids show about work.

The fuck more do you want?

First time I've ever seen someone get this show right.

I'm too stupid for this shit, I'll never again worry about what that word even means, it's too complex for my tiny brain and understanding it gives me no value I assume.

I would surprisingly be okay with reforming her. I'm normally not a fan of things like that unless the villains become turn coats themselves

>fuck you dad

he would def. say that as he bangs mutant bitches. best one so far

the only thing you need to know is that it's postmodern poststructuralist horseshit from hacks like derrida, ironically it's a favorite of the batshit insane leftist types who without a doubt enjoy bnha what's with the interracial couples and the transgender allies portrayed in the manga

So is anything with a semblance of realism a deconstruction now?

here u got your deconstruction

literally no reason to browse these threads anymore

>acutal
good job you fucking idiot

Why tumblr with memes and not waifufags?

What's really disturbing is the fact that your hatred for BnHA is so high that everytime you see something about it on Sup Forums you'll post this generic bingo bullshit that could work for pretty much every other shonen in existence.
We get it, you think your SoL moeshit or your edgy Rick-and-Morty tier existentialist anime is better. Fuck off to a thread about them. This thread was probably started by one of you fags anyway.