Why are apocalyptic subplots so interesting in anime?

Why are apocalyptic subplots so interesting in anime?

They're usually not.
But certain shows pull it off well.

post-apocalyptic, you mean.

Because of shock value.

Because it correctly identifies that people are the source of all our problems.

I just got around to watching all the new anime.
What the fuck was this scene?
You don't just point a gun at someone as a joke.

her finger wasn't even in the trigger
The gun wouldn't fire

the rack isn't loaded too

>The gun wouldn't fire
>the rack isn't loaded, too
Ah, so this is how nogunz normalfags talk.

Easier to relate to a real threat than to something fantastic or trivial. Also a great opportunity to have characters lose their nerve.

Japs only interaction with firearms comes from vidya games and have 0 concept of safe gun handling.

Even as a nogunz canuck shit like this makes me cringe.

Didn't they have a frame showing that it wasn't loaded

the fuck

probably a /k/ommando trying to sound smart

Yep, you got me.

EVERY gun is a loaded gun.

are you stupid? have you ever touched a gun?

>You don't just point a gun at someone as a joke.
There's plenty of aociopaths or otherwise deranged people who have done exactly that.

No, that's the first rule of gun safety. NEVER point a gun at something you don't intend to destroy. It doesn't matter if it's not loaded. Every weapon is a loaded weapon.
Second rule is keep your finger off the trigger at all times until you are ready to fire, so if indeed you broke the first rule, the second rule would act as a backup.

No, a gun should be light and easy to handle when there's not ammo in it. Notice how she handled the gun on single handedly when she's too small for that gun's weight. If the gun was fully-loaded, she would have trouble in pointing it to Chito with single arm

The point of the scene is to show the state of the world as well as explain how it got there.
This is a world without gun safety. Where young girls think it's ok to point guns at each other over something inconsequential.
It also serves as an example of why wars were fought; "I should have gotten a gun after all."

>They don't know the first rule of gun safety.
This is actually kind of concerning.

It's still true. See how well pointing a gun in the face of someone who knows the first thing about firearms goes, even if you both know it's unloaded. Everyone will definitely think you're super cool and not a complete dumbass.

because you're a pretentious faggot

you know it has only a 5 round capacity right? the weight difference of loaded vs unloaded is inconsequential

What the hell are you smoking?

Will this show end horribly with suffering like madoka magica? It's giving me this ominous feeling of fear and death and loss and i feel like they're both going to die

>and he calls /k/ommandos retarded.

I think it's one of them there things they call "jokes", ya couple of autists.

jokes are supposed to be funny

1- The gun wasn't loaded
2- Her finger wasn't in the trigger
The gun would NEVER fire under those circumstances, in that moment the gun is just a heavy toy. I don't understand why you guys are so mad about it

wow

Gun safety is not something you take nonchalantly.
Gun owners are extremely safety minded.

>the gun is just a heavy toy
Guns are not toys.

>just a heavy toy.
This better be bait. You better not actually think this.

Doing fanart for this, wip

Stop being autistic and you would know what a story moral is.

*dabs*

why are /k/ommandos so easy to trigger?

Don't take just part of the phrase you forgot "In that moment"
A loaded gun is a dangerous weapon, but when it is unloaded it can do no harm.

That is what I thought. Well done.

Because the thing people trigger them over is literally over something that is the difference between life and death.

Same reason why school shooters do it - it's the only meaningful thing left in their life.

autism

Since when did this become a thread about gun safety?

>Durr, why are firearm enthusiasts so concerned about SAFETY? Pretty retarded, imo.

This reminds me of earlier in the year a friend was showing us his rifles and and another friend was looking at it and he swept the entire room with it and pointed it at his face to look down the barrel.

Because what they love is easy to trigger
Got it? Because guns have triggers!

/k/ancer have no conscious control over themselves. It's what gotten GuP threads permabanned from this place too - off topic shitposting.

I'm pretty sure we all just like cute girls doing anything to be honest.

Boooo

Except a gun is always loaded, even if you double check.
First rule.

A gun is a weapon. It is never, under any circumstance, a toy. If someone points a gun at you as a joke, you punch them across the face. Just like Chito slapped the shit outta Yuu.

Is there a gif of that?

>no conscious control
The excuse of every public shooter everywhere. These fucks are dangerous.

It's because people thinking like this is a dangerous thing.
Of course it doesn't matter if the people they correct live in a country with no guns, but gun safety an EXTREMELY serious topic for /k/.

I'm pretty sure that was the waifufags dumping fanart.

Please kill yourself ok?

Then don't post k shit where it doesn't belong, retard. Fuck off.

Both /k/an/c/er that don't belong here.

Except this is in the context of the anime?
We're arguing with someone who is trying to justify a character's actions.
You're the real shitposter here. Make you own discussion if you want to.

Do you like mind control hamsters?

>Drawings of guns are super dangerous we must take them seriously
If only there were some way to distinguish between reality and fiction.

It's the way that people think is what's dangerous.
There are people IN this thread who think it's ok to point a gun at someone.
That is wrong under any circumstances.

It's dangerous for Chito. Chito had every right to be upset and not only because Yuu ate the last of the rations.

That doesn't make any sense though
How would an unloaded gun hurt anyone? It has no ammo, it won't fire, you won't be shot
Would you punch someone if he pointed a cannon without a cannonball at you?

Is a kettenkrad a comfortable place to have lesbian sex?

I doubt it.

Human perception is an incredibly unreliable system.
The point is to prevent horrible accidents, it doesn't matter if the gun cannot fire.
It. Is. Always. Loaded.
Always. You can't justify pointing a gun at someone you don't want to kill.

Only if those people are as bad at telling fiction from reality as you are.
I am confident that Chito did not think that at all. You think either of them have formal firearms training?

The logic is this: you don't make light of it because the moment it's a joke, some idiots will start to do really stupid shit with dangerous things. By accepting no stupid shit, you greatly decrease the chances of accidents.

Also I don't know about the other user, but I'm not from /k/. I was just trained to to have a violent reaction to people being dumbasses with weapons.

>post apocalyptic subplots
>so interesting
What? They're among the least interesting.

This one was interesting.

And truck-kun always has gas, what's your point /k/uck?

>I am confident that Chito did not think that at all
Yes, because there is nothing disconcerting about a friend pointing a rifle at you.

This thread is painful.

The scene was illustrating the point of why the forces built the weapons and didn't just use it for food, something brought up earlier in the episode. Yuu had the gun, Yuu had the food. Hence why Chito said "I see. I shouldn've carried a weapon too, huh..."

Instead you're being autismo retard fucks bitching about it being dangerous when it was supposed to be.

I think the point of arguing about safety is what this user said.

Are you pretending to be a fucking retard now? Nothing we're talking about has anything to do with mixing up fiction vs reality.

Yuu did it to make a point, which Chito understood. At the time Chito had to think it was possible for Yuu to shoot because the threat was necessary to make the point.

Chito did not think she was in danger. Chito has not been taught to treat every firearm as dangerous. Unlike your autistic self, Chito was able to recognise that Yuuri was playing.
Was it irresponsible of Yuuri to play with a firearm? Sure, but she's pretty irresponsible, and she hasn't been trained not to behave that way.
The gun in question is fictional. You're treating it like it's real.

No, we're treating the idea that it's possible to justify pointing guns at people, which is an opinion certain anons here have that can carry over into real life, is real.

Dude, she thought she was fucking dead until Yuuri signalled that she was messing around.
Also, every firearm is dangerous.

Green Legend Ran/Blue Gender/Digital Target are much better than this.

Damn nice. Sai? What brushes are you using.

So you're worried about people copying things they see in cartoons? Thanks for your concern, PTA-kun.
No she didn't, what fucking scene did you watch?

No.
I'm concerned about people holding an extremely dangerous opinion independently from a cartoon.
It's clear that they didn't get the idea from anime. If I was implying that, then I would be pretty autistic.

wow user it's almost like she's a dumb lost kid with no proper firearm training whatsoever

Then your concern is not relevant to Sup Forums. It's also hardly likely to be relevant to the people concerned, who probably have no access to guns.

Just trying to make the world a safer place, user.

Okay, he didn't use the right words. Is he wrong?

Look at the clusterfuck of gun safety arguments above and form your own conclusion.

Could we talk less about guns and more about lesbians?

>There are people IN this thread who think it's ok to point a gun at someone.
That is wrong under any circumstances.
its perfectly okay to point a gun at someone. if you are willing to kill them.
if it was wrong under any circumstance guns would be completely useless

I like lesbians with guns.

You know what I meant, silly boy.

I feel like people who have/support guns are similar to Sup Forumsnons. The hobby attracts a lot of bad or autistic people and it has a bad reputation to the public. Thus, we get really defensive and autistic when certain rules of conduct are broken because we don't want to be associated with the bad side. Gun owners have it worse because people actually die though.

Hope this series actually goes somewhere. As much as I like the comfy post apocalyptic SOL stuff.

>implying people don't die to anime

Mm, sai. Just brush and watercolor tool. Brush I use a square shape, 100% opacity. That's all. The show has pretty landscapes. I wish Sup Forums was less autistic.

>people who point out mistakes in things i have no knowledge about are such losers haha

Yeah it sounds really autistic when you "point out a flaw" in a character who are expected to have them