COLOMBIAN ELECTIONS TO SENATE 2018

as you can see in the picture, Centro Democratico, Partido de la U, Cambio Radical, are political parties that were born to support Alvaro Uribe (a right wing politician), they're diferent shades of right wing political parties.
Partido Conservador is also the traditional right wing party.
Partido Liberal was initially the leftist party, but It's now another neoliberal right wing party.

As you can see, that's 90% of our next senate and house of representatives will be diferent shades of right wing politicians.

Only Alianza Verde (center left) and Polo democratico (left) has any chance to even have a couple of senators.

The rest of lestist major political parties have no chance of even having a single senator.

Attached: 152062550448.png (656x362, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álvaro_Uribe
youtube.com/watch?v=WWVA3GyV68A
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_paramilitarism_in_Colombia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaño_Gil
newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/01/colombias-guerrillas-come-out-of-the-jungle
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

why is that?

Marxist guerrillas linking the left with terrorism, kidnapings, marxism, killing random peasants, bombing politicians, ambushing random policeman since 50 years ago.

It's almost as people will link terrorism to the people who justify doing terrorism under the left name.

Also nobody here wants to become cuba or venezuela.

Even average politicians that call themselves from the left are linked to marxism and FARC.

so what do politicians campaign for? Handouts or free market/low taxes?

anything againts whatever FARC, venezuela and cuba stands for.

people literally say: I'll vote for whoever Uribe puts as candidate.

We don't want to be venezuela is a legit popular slogan among the people.

Colombia is rather poor, so there isn't some big prize the left wing parties can steal and give away. That must be why they're struggling. Wealth doesn't come out of the ground in Colombia, like in Venezuela, wealth creation requires work.

yeah, but you're asking why the left here is dead.

It's basically here a debate between the right wing who uses Venezuela as a literal political slogan among the population and a divided left who struggles to diferentiate with what the FARC and ex-guerrillas.

People literally vote for whoever tells them to be againts Venezuela and Cuba.

Castrochavismo (Castro+Chavez) is a literal word used againts petro, the guy from the left who is tied with Duque, a literal random who who Uribe uses as his puppet.

I'm not saying the right wing parties are the solution, but here people only think in terms of the peace treaty between FARC and the goverment.

Every colombian has at least one relative or acquantaince that was killed or kidnapped or extortionated by FARC or other marxist guerrillas.

gustavo petro is the worst colombia has had

interesting. why do people vote for one right leaning party over another?

because they are smart, and they know that everything leaned to the left will inevitabily fall towards a marxist authoritarian government for a while.

he's tied with the candidate of Uribe, he won't win the primaries and even if he won the presidency he has no suport on the senate and house.
he has not real political power.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álvaro_Uribe

It will be interesting for you to read at least his biography.
People literally says they'll vote for whoever Uribe puts as his puppet as an unironical joke.

He's like Duterte I think.
He hates FARC because they killed his father.

As you can see in my OP pic, four of the major political parties for this election in terms of senators elected were founded to support him.

So basically the election is between whoever support uribe and the people that are againts uribe.

there's people here who worship him like a religious saint.

Attached: A6D.png (575x657, 419K)

ahhh I get it thanks.

Sounds like infrastructure is a big deal in Colombia. Whoever wins is responsible for upgrading and maintaining it all. All the money goes to that.

Like I said, the end of the violence is number 1 what people cares about.

We still have another smaller guerrilla called ELN that keeps doing terrorism.

There's also the boogeyman of Venezuela here.

People here cares about voting againts Castrochavismo, the venezuela situation and that FARC or petro doesn't win.

The other shit is like secondary right now.

Who's /ourguy/?

Ordoñez but he's going to lose, so is basically whoever Uribe put as his puppet.

Is there any chance the government BTFOs the guerillas? That peace process seemed quite cucked tbhq.

Is very hard when they literally hide on the amazonas.

Also the army can't bomb the main camps that are in ecuador and venezuela.
Venezuela gives support to marxist guerrillas because Chavez was a marxist.

Did they demobilize completely after the peace accord?

they become civilian, at least FARC.

the problem is that there's another fucking marxist guerrilla that haven't demobilized and keeps doing terrorism called ELN.

So, the FARC disidents moved to ELN.

so is the drug trade not lucrative enough or is it legal or what? I figure mexico has cornered the market and Colombia can't compete. That so?

Have a map showing holdings of the ELN? All the maps I saw for years had FARC holding around 40-60% of the rural areas. Did ELN inherit all of these strongholds as the die hard FARC rebels switched over?

When Uribe entered into power (presidency) he used american money to ask the military for results that it didn't mattered the cost.

Not sure, but all the FARC disidents now moved to ELN or joined criminal gangs without political motivation.

At least narcos and criminal gangs their only motivation is to send their drugs to the first world, so they don't care about kidnapping people, or putting bombs or making terrorists attacks.

I think computers and the internet have severely weakened farc. Fewer people are willing hide out int he jungle for years producing cocaine, they'd rather sit at home and surf the web. Can't recharge your cellphone in the jungle either.. and I bet the reception is nonexistent as well.

congrats, how pro business, less taxes, are the parties? i think with all the drug gangs legal guns would be huge.

I'm not sure, but colombia basically is a neoliberal country.

hm, well good luck at least no left wing massive commie counts as a improvement, it's sad how infested our whole continent is with that ideology

you are right

pls watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=WWVA3GyV68A

they has like 3k men in a 50 million country. I can't fathom the fact that they manage to subjugate the government so badly

Who do I need to do in order to get a busty thick Columbian gf who calls me Papi?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

que triplehijueputa.

be european.

that's literally it.

brown manlets will literally send their wifes just so their kids will be bleached.

We have less than 100 commie terrorists leftand still we can't find them. The jungle is too good of a hiding place.

Como cambia el tema el muy descarado

Thanks to the FARC and Venezuela, you'll soon become the Hungary or Poland of South America.

I'm going to Colombia, i'll put a vote for you guys, what food should i eat and what areas should i visit/stay away from ?

I think it's deeper than that. Some times I think it's not in their best interest to end the conflict

that happened yesterday. Imagine being that skillful at evading questions

This true? It's from a news article.

>That year, a new President was elected, on a promise to crush the FARC: Álvaro Uribe, the scion of a wealthy ranching family in Medellín. Uribe’s father had died in a botched kidnapping attempt, which he attributed to the FARC; in response, after he entered politics, he helped organize a series of armed self-defense groups. Many grew into right-wing paramilitaries, allied with drug cartels and landowners. The paracos, as they were called, operated across the country, massacring civilians suspected of guerrilla ties, sometimes in close coördination with the Army: one favored method of instilling terror was to chainsaw people to death in public.

>what food should i eat
Google bandeja paisa
> what areas should i visit
Bogota, Medellin, Cartagena, Coffee region, Santa Marta. Have a good time lad
>stay away from
Venezuelan border. Too many people flooding into the country and it can be dangerous

Lefties are getting BTFO in all south america.

>food
wathever shit they sell on the street.

>visit
big cities and touristic areas, they tend to be safe for foreigners.

>stay away
poor neightborhoods on big cities and non touristic areas.

they know they don't have support and they know they will be genocided like Union patriotica.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_paramilitarism_in_Colombia

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Castaño_Gil

Based paramilitary killing commies.

How will this affect the FARC de-militarization?

FARC has acepted to become civilian, so I don't think they wanna drop this and become againt ilegal guerrillas on the jungle.

I think their leaders now are too comfortable living in luxury areas now to think about returning to a shitty jungle.

civil life is too comfy.

based on this news article newyorker.com/magazine/2017/05/01/colombias-guerrillas-come-out-of-the-jungle

Sounds like the farc fighters are all uneducated and brainwashed peasants who will have trouble re-integrating into society. If no one hires them, they'll go back to crime. But like I said in another post, the internet is a great lure for these simpletons, and it might keep them somewhat behaved.

that already happened last year. Farc unironically got 5 seat at the senate and 5 seats in congress

>Lefties are getting BTFO in all south america.

But I think you are by far the most right-wing country of the continent. Lefties are losing battles everywhere but I doesn't seem like they've lost the war. Bolivia and Venezuela are still fucked, Brazil is far from being secured, same for Argentina.

the global pendulum is swinging towards the right, in europe, america, latinaomerica, everywhere.

I know. Feels good man.

Attached: a5bb4edad98618582031dd6a3d54820c.jpg (236x219, 10K)

how's the situation on europe right now?

But Colombia escaped the marxist plague of the 2000s, didn't it?

the left was too busy back in 2000 making bomb neckties to random old ladies here to care about wining elections.

the left has never won an election here because any leftist politician get killed before reaching power.

They tried to shoot petro last week ago.

Kind of, we "avoided" it in the cities, not without a fuckton of violence in the deep rural areas. Farc finally got participation in politics, they even nominated Timochenko as a presidential candidate, but he started having heart issues last week and had to be hospitalized. Naturally, he withdrew his candidacy. There's a leftist who is somewhat popular (Gustavo Petro) and might be elected president (hopefully not). He sympathizes with Chavez, Maduro and Castro but evades the topic every time a journalist asks him about it

Godspeed bros, hope everything ends up well for you guys.