Evangelion

Which Eva Unit was the best?

04/03 for best design

Personally I prefer unit 00's overall aesthetic. It's more stoic and cold, with that mask covering the Evangelion's face. It makes it look more like a robot than a monster.

Though I do like Unit 02's red+white colour scheme.

I always wondered how 00's face interfaced with the actual skull and eyes of the eva under it
Did they remove all of the frontal skull and hardwired that one eye/camera into its brain, or did they skip all of that and 00 is lobotomized so all is controlled from the plug?

Imagine the design meeting for this thing, with that one engineer saying "Guys, we totally need to give it huge tits and ass"

>disgusting rebuild/anima redesigns

I hate you all.

If you look at the pic I posted you can see that the helmet has a huge camera-like sphere with the red lens being in the middle. The sphere is large enough to encompass both eyes so I think that the eyes are intact and can simply through the lens, while the pilot gets the info from the lens itself fed directly to the screens in the plug.

The rebuilds are not perfect but the visuals are still great.

Blue 00 is GOAT.

this is true

02 is the best
not the rebuild one, that shit is ugly

i dont like i'd say either unit 03 or 00

>defending this monstrosity

Rebuild fight choreography also sucks. There's a million different things flying across the screen and you can't see what's going on.

Best Eva unit coming through

This, but shogouki is more fun to say.

Unit 13

Why is it the only Eva with he 第 prefix? It's called 第13号機, The Thirteenth Unit.

Judas

Objectively, EVA01 is the strongest and the best. Super-iconic.

But for me, aside from that one, Blue EVA00 takes the cake. That EVA needs more love.

I like Unit 01 the most, because it resembles a demon, like an oni. Next is probably Unit 02, because it resembles Yamato

Mark.06
Shit is sexy

Unit - 01 forever.

>Which Eva Unit was the best?

The real ones.
Prototypes a shit

Series units are nightmarish

literally r*ddit

MPs are caught as fuck.

I like eva unit 13

You have weak eyes

Rebuild has WORSE EVAs than NGE. The only thing that improves is the waifus.

Mine, is 03, an EVA worth for a Chad.

Rebuild is worse than NGE in everything.

Evas got fat and lost that crazy beastly physique.
Waifus got shitty too.

>Evas got fat
You kidding ? It would be the opposite, even 01 got its torso reduced to be more similar to 02 and the others

Is that a male torso and pelvis on that unit or am I just seeing things?

Unit 13 is a big girl

AMERICA FUCK YEAH

I like 01

>You kidding ? It would be the opposite, even 01 got its torso reduced to be more similar to 02 and the others

Just look at this And this Eva's gained in waist and hips while lost in shoulder widths and started hunching like they are old or weak and can hardly carry their own mass.

>No one has posted the best EVA yet
08 is fucking cool.
04 is a close second for me.

Rebuild has a fuckload of problems, but the Units aesthethic isn't one of them, they're all fucking slick, The Beast included. The only shit one is the cat.

Unit 13 keeps creeping me out.

It's perspective and stylization. 01 had the broadest shoulders by far because it was supposed to look like Adam. They only reduced it to make it look less different to the other ones, and I think the redesign is slightly better

I hope we get to see more of it in 4.0

Unit 13 is trash, literal EVA01 knockoff

It's bigger and has TWO pilots !

Nigga, EVAs in rebuild have no fucking texture nor deep. They forgot to thin out their paints. They are made out of cartoon. NGE evas have shadows and shiny parts, the plates look like lacquered polymer and the arms look like industrial rubber or neoprene. RoE look like they used they used the "fill with color" tool in MS paint.

Nigga please you're just some faggotron liking it because it was in some faggot movie, not because it's an actual well made mech.

>evas
>mech

>the visuals are still great.
Yeah I love shitty looking CGI with absolutely no soul.

Not that I don't prefer 3DCG, but left is a still image and right has motion.

Also, source for the budgets. I've never seen budget numbers for 2.22.

rebuild Evas have better paintjobs

4U

woops, brainfart. I don't like 3DCG.

Eva-01 was the best because it was more Freudian and Oedepian.

Can't make them shiny if you want to sell em to kids.

Eva 03 was pretty cool, to be honest.

Any news about 4.0? I'm out of the loop

They’re apparently working on it, but that’s all.

Are we talking about on-screen in NGE only?

Okay, what was that scene about it having no AT field? What could that possibly mean?

two consciousnesses? or three if you count the eva itself.
maybe kaworu's own AT field cancels out the eva's one

No soul. Empty inside. Or possibly just bad writing.

i remember the drones has AT fields

> possibly just bad writing.
Bet it's that, just like all the other mysterious or cryptic shit in NGE, it just there to be cool, without any explanation actually existing