Is Japan really filled with roaming bands of sociopathic kids who like to murder old people for shits a giggles...

Is Japan really filled with roaming bands of sociopathic kids who like to murder old people for shits a giggles? These kinds of characters seem like a common trope in anime. Or do they just have a really poor understanding of criminals due to their low crime rate and the fact that the only violence they're ever likely to encounter happens in elementary school?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate
economist.com/node/8680941
youtube.com/watch?v=uXCdf1TD84k
japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2014/08/23/editorials/homeless-risk-attack-tokyo/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What, low crime rate?

Seems pretty normal to me, but then again I live in America where if you havent killed an old person by 16 you are pretty much a commie

The same way that every street in America cities are filled with hordes of armed white trash and niggers who shot at anyone who look at them at all, as depicted by Hollywood.

Faggot

If they made all the hoodlums black it would be realistic. But there's no way groups of Japanese youth go out and do shit like that.

Hollywood usually gives people a motivation for commiting crime, though. These types of villians do it just because they are bad.

It's just like those people who are afraid of black people despite not knowing any black people.

That's what Japan would like you to believe.

Now you know why Battle Royal novel was written in the first place. It was the author's retaliation for how shitty Nip youth are

Not him but guns reduce property crime and hooliganism in general statistically per capita, as people are less inclined to invade a home when a gun might be put in their face, but Japan is an exception to this and many statistics in general.

No, fuckhead. It's also not filled with magical girls and giant robots.

LMAO no

>taking fiction seriously

Watch more 80s movies. The 'gang of mindless violent thugs' trope was a lot more prevalent back then. And if you take a look at how NYC looked back then you won't wonder why. It was a shit hole

Do I need to take a bullet before I'm allowed to fear being shot?

You sure it's filled with? Not just that one gang per city? Because I'm sure that's plausible.

IIRC Japan's crime rate is actually a lot more higher than America's if they don't hide crimes because that would be shameful display.

What part of "Around blacks, never relax" don't you understand?

Americans are better writer who the fucking knew

That's it. I'm writing a sternly worded letter to your pets and shooting your parents. Shouldn't have messed with me.

Hobo killing was a regular passtime for jap kids in the 90s

China is

You're autistic and can't filter out reality from dramatized events for the sake of plot, especially when it comes to anime. Heck I'm probably autistic for replying seriously OP could just be a shitposting faggot.

>for the sake of plot
we call that bad writing

Are you serious? I know the Jap economy went bust in the 90s.

Youth gang activity and violence has been inherent in urban society all over the world since the industrial revolution. It's worse in some cities than others, of course. And the disaffected suburban teenage boy with nothing else to do is a relatively new phenomenon (1960s).

But anywhere where you have crowded, poor, bored young men without many prospects, you get gangs.

From your post, they aren't.

>is actually a lot more higher than America's if they don't hide crimes
But if they hide crimes, then how would you know it's actually higher than America's?

It's literally Japan's version of "The Millenials are all sociopathic hedonists who hate Christian America".

They must be hiding crimes, otherwise everything the NRA has taught me about guns is a lie.

But Americans are better writer who the fucking knew. So what the fuck. Never be game over. I am buy.

No. The author has never interacted with other people and confuses cynicism with realism.

Their suicide rate is actually normal. Subtract the normal rate from their higher suicide rate and you have the amount they hide.

Have you seen the movie, A Clockwork Orange?

A roaming gang of sociopathic kids beat a homeless old man to death. It's a classic.

>Is Japan really filled with roaming bands of sociopathic kids who like to murder old people for shits a giggles?
no they just base their 'society is breaking down' stuff on modern inner-city america

The whole episode was a melodrama.

But American Police are so untrustworthy that "Uncorrupted Rookie Cop" has been a trope in your media for decades.

Id never believe the crime rates of a country whose cops are so crooked that making then wear cameras is the only way to get them to do their jobs correctly.

Japanese obey the law but dont have moral.
They used to impregnated kidnapped russian and cut her open to see how infected pregnant work.

American inner-city crime today is down compared to where it was in the 70s. The 70s were fucking insane.

So this is if you remember correctly, you don't actually have a single source do you?

HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

This is a thing engrained in the Japanese psyche because it happened a bunch of times in the early 2000s.

This. All "dark evil inner city crime" is just a combination of 70s Chicago, 80s New York, and Detroit.

>a lot more higher

You're chinese or korean aren't you?

ITT: Things Burgers Actually Believe

WRT to OP, it is a thing that happens. Not every day, but semi-frequently. It has a lot to do with the differing attitudes to homeless people over there. If you are homeless in Japan, not only does the shame rot through you like 100x worse than in the anglosphere, but furthermore, there's a general attitude that to be dishonored so heavily basically removes you from moral consideration. If you are a homeless, you've failed and society is better off without you. Ergo, if you don't kill yourself to salvage what small scraps of integrity and honor are still available to you, you should be prepared that someone else may choose to eliminate you at any time.

The fact that it's sociopathic kids doing the murdering is in turn because their home lives and education make them fucking bananas and they need to vent their angsty teenage urges to go do edgy shit, which ends up manifesting as extremely fucked up gang behaviour some of the time. Except that unlike in other places where this might manifest in them joining an existing adult gang as footmen, and thus doing things with some actual monetary purpose like pedalling drugs or shanking upstanding citizens for their wallets, they instead go torch homeless people.

Russian kids torch the homeless as well btw. Probably for somewhat different reasons.

Their official suicide rate IS normal, though. They are currently 26th worldwide, which is really not that high, especially considering that South Korea, the country most comparable to them, is 10th.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_suicide_rate

Absolute bullshit, Japan doesn't have roaming packs of niggers for one

All the international state departments will tell you that Japan is an extremely safe country by any metric, but Burgers just keep lying to themselves. Otherwise they'd have to acknowledge that their law system is fucked, and they obviously can't do that.

Well, Burgers get fatter and more stupid with each generation, sadly they're too stupid to realise.

>Russian kids torch the homeless as well btw.
Last time i heard about stuff like that the kids ended up in prison.

then when they get released they'll end up jobless and homeless for the next batch of sociopath russians to torch, circle of life

Harajuku does! Except they don't mug you or anything, just try to sell you shit. Oh but don't follow them around the corner to their 'shop van', common sense yeah?

Not him and I'm not American. Having said that, one thing I heard is that while Japan is overall a safer country, it has way more cases of random attacks compared to the rest of the world.

I mean truly random. Like someone just knifing a completely random person at the street.

>99% conviction rate consisting primarily of confessions
Yeah nothing fishy there.

That's even better than China's and we all know China's legal system is perfect.

It's not that weird when you realize that Japanese prosecutors are badly understaffed and afraid of failure (it's bad for your career) so they only take to courts cases they know they are sure to win. Japanese incarceration rate is still extremely low, so it's not like they're imprisoning people right and left.

Which would mean a significant amount of crime is not being accounted for.

Hiroshi Ichikawa was a prosecutor for nearly 13 years – until he lost his job for threatening to kill a suspect during an interrogation.

“I am not trying to make an excuse for my behaviour by saying that others did the same, but I don’t think I was some kind of a monster in making a death threat to a suspect,” he says.“I have overheard other prosecutors yelling at suspects and one of my bosses boasted how he kicked the shin of a suspect underneath the desk.”

Another thing he regrets – aside from making the death threat – is writing up a confession statement which did not correspond with the truth.“After I grilled the suspect for eight hours, I got him to sign this statement even though he didn’t say a single word of it,” he says.“My boss was pressuring me to get his confession so I thought I couldn’t go home without it.”For Ichikawa, it didn’t matter if it was true or false as long as he had the confession.

The fact that he lost his job for threatening to kill a suspect suggests that regulations governing interrogations are working.But while the Japanese police and prosecutors are not widely accused of resorting to more aggressive forms of interrogation such as torture, no-one outside the small interview room really knows what happens inside because suspects’ interviews take place behind closed doors – without an attorney.

>Walking in the middle of the night in a Japanese street
Ah! Air is fresh, life is beautiful - Wototo~ almost crossed the street before the signal was green. What do you mean there is no car?
>Walking in the middle of the night in an American street
Ah! Air ... smell like piss, life is stressful because I'm afraid I might run int- He-hello, y-you need the time? Oh, it's 1p- Hey! That's my phon- No, that's all I have, take this hundred bucks and leave me al- P-please, let me liv-

Even if second scenario not always happen, you're stressed because it could happen.

Detriod

No, the show was just really desperate in winning your sympathy for certain characters to a point where it became just retarded and unbelievable

I've been travelling to Japan every year for the past decade and have never witnessed this kind of violence, however this happened to a friend of mine in the 90s. He is a martial artist studying Budo in Japan.

> banging and noise outside his apartment
> looks outside window to see a group of punks with metal baseball bats smashing cars
> they start surrounding a vehicle with a family inside
> he grabs his katana and runs outside in his boxers
> confronts the gang
> they abandon the vehicle and attack him
> he disarms them using the back of the katana (it was a sharp one)
> punks run off as police arrive, but police arrest him as well
> family in the car explains what happened to the police, so they let him off with a warning
> punks get caught and arrested, but nobody gets charged because they are under 18

Police told my friend afterwards he should not have done anything, but he thinks the family would have been killed had he not done anything. Japanese don't really understand selflessness and helping strangers, and there are many of these roaming gangs that go around hurting/murdering people before they turn 18.

That's why the scene in the anime is so significant, because a normal Japanese person would have done nothing.

While I was in Japan I saved a cat that had been hit by a car. I took it to a vet and they were confused by my actions. I explained to them what happened and that it was just some random cat and not my pet, and they told me I should have just left it alone.

Japanese are callous in that way.

>drive a taxi down a Japanese street
economist.com/node/8680941

ITT: Chinks

Japan is the only first world country where females can still walk alone outside at night without fear or paranoia.

Women still have the freedom of doing solitary activities at night without requiring someone to accompany them.

Also, drink people can still pass out on the street or in the train station and still wake up with their wallets intact.

Not saying crime is nonexistent in Japan though.

People do like to "borrow" bikes and umbrellas since it's not really popular to buy bike locks in Japan.

>Job is to fight for justice
>I don't think I was some kind of a monster in making a death threat to a suspect.
>“I have overheard other prosecutors yelling at suspects and one of my bosses boasted how he kicked the shin of a suspect underneath the desk.
>Cause everyone else is doing it. I gotta do it too.
I'm disgusted as a law student.

In my city in the US you will sometimes hear of gangs just getting around and stabbing some random person to death as an initiation rite. No reason to kill the person, not even to steal anything, just simply a person to kill.

I doubt that happens much in Japan.

Not sure about mindless violence, but minors in Japan mostly get away scot-free.because of leniency of criminal laws for minors, like the incident described by
Kobe child murders is another example of youths taken advantage of their age and inciting violence.

them's some real rose-colored glasses you got there, now explain those women only trains

Yes, but not quite in the way you think. Different types of crime have different chances of prosecution success. It's much easier to obtain a conviction for violent crime than for white collar crime, for example. So when prosecutors are rewarded for successful convictions only, you can expect them to prioritize violent offenders and let things like embezzlement, corporate crime etc. slide. Which is exactly what happens in Japan.

>Japan is unique among democratic countries in that confessions are obtained from 95% of all people arrested, and that its courts convict 99.9% of all the suspects brought before them.

Asians are like insects.
It's why Japan, China, Korea all have super strong cultural institutions etc.
Without oppressive culture they'd be eating each other.

walking down the street is different from the train in Japan. On the train where tight space enclosed in a tiny area packed full of people, so lecher can grab a woman ass in this opportunity. Plus woman trains are rarely seen outside of tokyo.

Can you post proof that Japanese women are mostly unafraid to walk around at night? All i have is anecdotal evidence, like conversations with my relatives living in Tokyo, or depictions in media, and from those it seems that you're wrong. So it would be great if you could provide a link or two to support what you said.

And he had the job for thirteen years.

AYYY AYY HOL HOL UP, SO YO BE SAYIN WE AIN'T DE ONES DAT DID IT?

youtube.com/watch?v=uXCdf1TD84k

>Nobody gets charged because they are under 18.
What? That's fucking stupid.

Nip women are timid as fuck when it comes to physical confrontations. In any other country the gropers would get a kick in the balls and that would be the end of it.

Damn and I though The japs and Chinese were different. Why do anime characters always promote being helpful and kind so much if japs are the opposite?

Japan has the bousozoku, gangs of bikers who roam the streets in the middle of the night and who sometimes lynch homeless or old people. It's not that hard to google these key words.

japantimes.co.jp/opinion/2014/08/23/editorials/homeless-risk-attack-tokyo/

You're the ignorant one.

Does this apply to foreigners as well or will they play it safe if you're an American?
Assuming it's something other than drugs, since asians countries hate that.

Except America fakes its crime rates too, and Japan is the only country where a woman can get out in the middle of the night without fearing anything. I've been living there for 17 years. Never leaving Japan again.

>All i have is anecdotal evidence, like conversations with my relatives living in Tokyo, or depictions in media, and from those it seems that you're wrong.
Not him, but google Mean world syndrome. A few pieces of anecdotal evidence and the media's fascination with everything shocking tends to create a picture that statistically doesn't correspond to reality or most people's lived experience.

because a few anecdote doesn't mean that it's completely true. But evidences only prove out that it has and can happen.

>living in Japan
Whoa user you sure you have time to be on Sup Forums? Shouldn't you be busy working 35 hours a day or being dragged into happy hours you don't really want to go to?

What do you expect from anime/manga anyway?

>it's a conspiracy
fuck off Sup Forums and your tinfoil hat. I would rather believe nips rather than gaijin with a motive.

Japan gets 20 million tourists per year, with the largest group being Chinese. Do you really think they have tons of foreigners locked up somewhere without anyone making a stink about it?

>being a salary man.
There are better alternative user, plus oftenly companies allow gaijin to leave home early.

You are correct jamal. Japan loves black people actually!

don't nip police also have a policy of just not investigating things if they know its not an open and shut case or one that that they can't force a confession

Because when others do nothing the one who does something is the protagonist. Aka it is a character that does the opposite of what is expected of them. That's why it seems like being helpful and kind is promoted because it is unrealistic compared to the average action.

It's easy to avoid all that when you're a foreigner.

I wasn't really serious. I was just pointing out that posted some bullshit about how every first world country except Japan has their women literally shaking to venture out during the night, or that Japanese people don't get their wallets lifted. I mentioned my relatives and media because even though those are anecdotal, they're still 100% more reliable than the bullshit they posted, which was entirely unsupported yet presented as fact. Haha.

BAKA GAIJIN

The problem with anecdotes is that everything *can* happen at some point. It doesn't mean it's common or even likely to happen in your lifetime.

It's an english teacher gaijin fucking loser looollll

Man it must have been awkward for Colonel Sanders to report on this.

>""""Tokyo"""""

I feel like we're missing the point
Who the fuck is this anime meant for? Are there old people in japan who watch anime and were crying out for a self insert that related to their interests?

>The police ordered one woman to shout her confession out a window and forced one man to stomp on the names of his loved ones.
>In all, 13 men and women, ranging in age from their early 50s to mid-70s, were arrested and indicted. Six buckled and confessed to an elaborate scheme of buying votes with liquor, cash and catered parties. One man died during the trial — from the stress, the others said — and another tried to kill himself.
>But all were acquitted this year in a local district court, which found that their confessions had been entirely fabricated. The presiding judge said the defendants had “made confessions in despair while going through marathon questioning.”

>In Saga Prefecture in March, a high court upheld the acquittal of a man who said he had been coerced into confessing to killing three women in the late 1980s. The court found that there was no evidence against the man other than the confession, which had been extracted from him after 17 days of interrogations that went on more than 10 hours a day.

>“Traditionally in Japan, confessions have been known as the king of evidence,” said Kenzo Akiyama, a lawyer who is a former judge. “Especially if it’s a big case, even if the accused hasn’t done anything, the authorities will seek a confession through psychological torture.”

Fucking japs.

Yes. Also see what said.